Guardians Of The Galaxy 10/26, Review Thread

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '12        #1
4208 page views
76 comments

OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 188048 188 K  Slaps total: 11024 11 K
Guardians Of The Galaxy 10/26, Review Thread

I had a feeling it would be decent like I said last week, games getting 8's:

+9   

best
worst
76 comments

1 month ago '12        #2
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP

+2   

1 month ago '04        #3
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 5522 5 K  Slaps total: 368 368
The preview cycle was pretty positive, I had a feeling it would score well. Hopefully it sells because everyone still hates Avengers. I’m copping.
+6   

1 month ago '12        #4
 KURUPTION!!! said
The preview cycle was pretty positive, I had a feeling it would score well. Hopefully it sells because everyone still hates Avengers. Iím copping.
Im an Avengers hater, but this game been looking pretty good since I really been watching the videos on it and diving in. I also went into a stream someone had where they showed some gameplay early and it looks prettydamn fun
+3   

1 month ago '16        #5
Quinn 
Props total: 9360 9 K  Slaps total: 1990 1 K
Reserved

1 month ago '20        #6
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x164
Props total: 86758 86 K  Slaps total: 17768 17 K
It’s getting good reviews and overall a good game Square Enix ruined Marvel brand in gaming before it even gets off the ground
+1   

1 month ago '17        #7
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 189794 189 K  Slaps total: 14014 14 K
Just got an email saying my order was shipped. I was skeptical at first but the gameplay looks decent.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #8
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 92768 92 K  Slaps total: 15784 15 K
 5ive04our said
Itís getting good reviews and overall a good game Square Enix ruined Marvel brand in gaming before it even gets off the ground
@ Marvel's brand in gaming not being "off the ground" yet

There's a long list of highly rated marvel IP games spanning decades...
+5   

1 month ago '20        #9
 Skateboard T said

Donít say Spider-Man because thatís Sony

Name a few that was highly rated

1 month ago '12        #10
 Skateboard T said

The wife and I recently ran through this one on an emulator, me and my big brother used to play this sh*t ALL the time as kids:

Classic Gaming
+6   

1 month ago '15        #11
SouthsideNori 
Props total: 24734 24 K  Slaps total: 1474 1 K
In there. I was optimistic about it when I heard it was single player story based, then I heard it was drawing comparisons to Mass Effect and I knew it was gon hit. Can't wait.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #12
 5ive04our said
Don’t say Spider-Man because that’s Sony

Name a few that was highly rated
You specifically used the word BRAND. So splitting hairs over sony vs other publishers is pointless, we're talking strictly about brand recognition here. All Marvel IP is part of the marvel BRAND, whether it's spiderman, x-men, avengers, guardians, etc.

Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2, all the lego games, the wolverine and Spiderman games from the PS2/PS3 gens, the SNES spiderman and x-men games, war of the gems, not to mention all the Marvel vs. games.

Marvel been in gaming since arcades bro, the Brand is bulletproof.

If you mean Square-Enix as a publisher of Marvel games, or eidos-montreal as devs then you should have said so.

But the statement that "Marvel's brand" is not "off the ground" in gaming is just flat out wrong lol the brand has been strong in gaming since the 90's at least.

Last edited by Skateboard T; 10-25-2021 at 10:28 AM..
+10   

1 month ago '06        #13
 OldBusiness said
The wife and I recently ran through this one on an emulator, me and my big brother used to play this sh*t ALL the time as kids:

Classic Gaming
hell yeah I remember playing war of the gems as a kid on SNES and not knowing wtf was going on lol
+2   

1 month ago '20        #14
 Skateboard T said
You specifically used the word BRAND. So splitting hairs over sony vs other publishers is pointless, we're talking strictly about brand recognition here. All Marvel IP is part of the marvel BRAND, whether it's spiderman, x-men, avengers, guardians, etc.

Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2, all the lego games, the wolverine and Spiderman games from the PS2/PS3 gens, the SNES spiderman and x-men games, war of the gems, not to mention all the Marvel vs. games.

Marvel been in gaming since arcades bro, the Brand is bulletproof.

If you mean Square-Enix as a publisher of Marvel games, or eidos-montreal as devs then you should have said so.

But the statement that "Marvel's brand" is not "off the ground" in gaming is just flat out wrong lol the brand has been strong in gaming since the 90's at least.
DC Games >>>>

All them old a*s games what have you done for me lately? WB layed the groundwork for a modern day superhero game

1 month ago '06        #15
 5ive04our said
DC Games >>>>

All them old a*s games what have you done for me lately? WB layed the groundwork for a modern day superhero game

Nah everything really has been built off the 2000's era Spider-Man beat em up games based on the Sam Raimi movies. Combos, power upgrades, suits, collectibles, objectives, etc. Most of the X-men titles from that era took the same template, so did Arkham Asylum. Only thing missing was open-world, which didn't REALLY pop up until after Arkham Asylum...I know some folks would call Asylum open world...but I wouldn't go that far. Actually, now that I think of it I think Spider-Man 2 was open-world...which REALLY means WB was just using the Activision/Treyarch template. I'm surprised you don't remember those games, they were some of the best of that generation.

The Batman games definitely pushed the genre into the new generation of sandbox/openworld games, but it was all based on the foundation laid by those early spider-man joints from activision.

Anyway, that's just moving the goal posts (and doing it poorly because it's pretty well established those activision spidey games set it all off) from the original point which is this:

Marvel's brand has long been established in the gaming industry, it's BEEN "off the ground"

Last edited by Skateboard T; 10-25-2021 at 11:08 AM..
+5   

1 month ago '20        #16
 Skateboard T said
Nah everything really has been built off the 2000's era Spider-Man beat em up games based on the Sam Raimi movies. Combos, power upgrades, suits, collectibles, objectives, etc. Most of the X-men titles from that era took the same template, so did Arkham Asylum. Only thing missing was open-world, which didn't REALLY pop up until after Arkham Asylum...I know some folks would call Asylum open world...but I wouldn't go that far. Actually, now that I think of it I think Spider-Man 2 was open-world...which REALLY means WB was just using the Activision/Treyarch template

The Batman games definitely pushed the genre into the new generation of sandbox/openworld games, but it was all based on the foundation laid by those early spider-man joints from activision.

Anyway, that's just moving the goal posts (and doing it poorly because it's pretty well established those activision spidey games set it all off) from the original point which is this:

Marvel's brand has long been established in the gaming industry, it's BEEN "off the ground"
And been flopping left and right

1 month ago '06        #17
 5ive04our said
And been flopping left and right
second time you shifted the goalpost...

What's flopped recently besides Avengers? Which honestly I don't think I'd describe as a flop but it definitely isn't a great game.

Miles is getting tons of love
Spider-Man was regularly nominated as GOTY, didn't win but was no doubt a top performer that year and the year after even.
Lego games are for kids but they're some of the highest rated kids games out there besides maybe the Harry Potter ones.
Marvel vs. Capcom got generally good reviews

The most recent true "flop" was the andrew garfield spider-man games from two gens ago lol

Care to move the goalpost again or are you done?

Last edited by Skateboard T; 10-25-2021 at 01:44 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '18        #18
br82186  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 52263 52 K  Slaps total: 3477 3 K
I'm holding off, was let down tremendously by Marvel's Avengers
+3   

1 month ago '04        #19
Solidus 
Props total: 264 264  Slaps total: 39 39
i'm not falling for this guy again, already got me with deathloop NOPE

1 month ago '15        #20
Truthseeker007 
Props total: 4310 4 K  Slaps total: 729 729
Just bought Alan Wake and death Stranding directors cut. I'll probably wait until a black Friday sale before I buy this or anymore new games. My backlog is crazy. Some good horror VR games coming out too. This holiday season is packed.

Edit: if you're still looking to upgrade your ps5 internal memory, Newegg got the Crucial p5 plus m.2 1Tb nvme ssd available for 119.00$ through slickdeals right now.

Last edited by Truthseeker007; 10-25-2021 at 01:15 PM..
+3   

1 month ago '18        #21
Dsammy04 
Props total: 2667 2 K  Slaps total: 117 117
Gone cop just off strength of no micro-transactions. Companies like this need to be supported to keep ish like this coming. Only thing is by the time I get to play it, it'll definitely be on sale.

+2   

1 month ago '15        #22
Truthseeker007 
Props total: 4310 4 K  Slaps total: 729 729
 Dsammy04 said
Gone cop just off strength of no micro-transactions. Companies like this need to be supported to keep ish like this coming. Only thing is by the time I get to play it, it'll definitely be on sale.

I'll definitely cop if it has free DLC. Techland about to release free graphics upgrades for Dying Light on next gen console, I got find a used copy to buy, i sold my last one.

1 month ago '11        #23
leem26vtec 
Props total: 848 848  Slaps total: 124 124
Looks repetitive. Just run,dodge,and shoot same enemy until health bar goes down.

1 month ago '04        #24
Vince McMahon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 38213 38 K  Slaps total: 972 972
I'll cop once it goes on sale sometime next year.
+2   

1 month ago '06        #25
snaxxx 
Props total: 6487 6 K  Slaps total: 897 897
Something about the combat seems off to me …. Insomniac would’ve k*lled this with sunset overdrive like aesthetics …… I’ll may give a go when it goes on sale

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  62
Video inside How Sandra Bullock raises her black son
66 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+48online now  40
Video inside This is Eminem's daughter now...
102 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+99online now  31
Video inside WELL DAMN!...Dr. Dre Addresses 50 Cent: "They Should Have His Picture....
181 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+104online now  30
DJ Paul & Gangsta Boo Slow Dancing to Bizzy Bone while he was singing made him..
323 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy