NY hip hop just got put under another 6ft & Im loving it

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '20        #1
2875 page views
88 comments

4220  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 5495 5 K  Slaps total: 859 859
NY hip hop just got put under another 6ft & Im loving it

Fukc them n*ggas

IG

If already posted fukc it, Im posting again

best
worst
88 comments

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '13        #2
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 112044 112 K  Slaps total: 46351 46 K
+9   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '04        #3
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x66
Props total: 143927 143 K  Slaps total: 19721 19 K
fu*k u pu**y

1 month ago '11        #4
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 55078 55 K  Slaps total: 5552 5 K
Can't speak for the industry insiders, but why ya'll hate NYC so much? NYC didn't hate other regions we embraced what we could from the Video Shows, i.e. the 2 Live Crews, Poison Clans, Rah The Dream and his crew/affiliates Geto Boyz, most of the pre-death Row West such as the Ice-T's, Too Shorts, E-40's and those of that ilk. We embraced what blipped on the radar.

The radio programmers didnt have internet to discover every crevice ya'll local rappers were gettin busy in, so no, we didn't know how much of hometown/regional hero's the n*ggas were...

That was the point of the Showcases being in the southern regions...

So why ya'll silly n*ggas think we was dissing the South and etc. because we wasn't privy to every rapper who was making noise down there, lol?
+23   

1 month ago '19        #5
TH4NOS 
Props total: 400 400  Slaps total: 32 32
 Sinamatik CFR said
Can't speak for the industry insiders, but why ya'll hate NYC so much? NYC didn't hate other regions we embraced what we could from the Video Shows, i.e. the 2 Live Crews, Poison Clans, Rah The Dream and his crew/affiliates Geto Boyz, most of the pre-death Row West such as the Ice-T's, Too Shorts, E-40's and those of that ilk. We embraced what blipped on the radar.

The radio programmers didnt have internet to discover every crevice ya'll local rappers were gettin busy in, so no, we didn't know how much of hometown/regional hero's the n*ggas were...

So why ya'll silly n*ggas think we was dissing the South and etc. because we wasn't privy to every rapper who was making noise down there, lol?
i'm from the south, so i'll say it straight up: bitterness

nyc ran hip-hop (yeah, the west coast was almost always huge, too, but let's not pretend anyone except pac is touching the nyc legends and he's from nyc anyways) from its inception until trap took off in the late 00s

most people still mad about nyc remember those days too much

the south, just like the west, has its own legacy and success now so there's not even a reason to be bitter unless you wanna always live in the past
+22   

1 month ago '16        #6
144000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29100 29 K  Slaps total: 42830 42 K
 Sinamatik CFR said

Bro, not you.

But NY hip hop heads sh*t on the South to this very day.

I can't speak for other regions but it's always been that way to some degree or another. We weren't invited or included but it's okay. The truth is a lot of us grew up loving NY rap because back in the day that was all there was.

NY did, and does, hate. Ya'll hate on each other too. It may not be you.

Last edited by 144000; 10-25-2021 at 09:23 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '11        #7
 TH4NOS said
i'm from the south, so i'll say it straight up: bitterness

nyc ran hip-hop (yeah, the west coast was almost always huge, too, but let's not pretend anyone except pac is touching the nyc legends and he's from nyc anyways) from its inception until trap took off in the late 00s

most people still mad about nyc remember those days too much

the south, just like the west, has its own legacy and success now so there's not even a reason to be bitter unless you wanna always live in the past
I understand it, but it wasn't the fans, we loved hearing and seeing all that sh*t from other regions, thats why we championed The Box/Jukebox Network so much. We got to see the sh*t that was jumping in other regions, and we even embraced it all from Miami Bass to even further in-land South's Bounce music...

I'm from Jersey so i'll use the NJ Drive soundtrack as an example of how we embraced music of all regions, we had early Kast on there, Mac Mall and Lay and them n*ggas from the West on there, etc. because we embraced it all and when we was the Car Theft Capital, it wasn't uncommon to find n*ggas in out of town jacked/stolen whips bumpin the particular regions artists...

It wasn't the fans up here hating on it, if anything the accents were a bit obscure, but we never denied a dope artist because of his locale, we just didn't know who all were down there cooking like that til the labels were forced to venture out of their homebases of usually NYC or Cali, and that was only because the actual artists, the real n*ggas with bars taking up the mainstream up here were getting on their "fu*k the industry" sh*t after the Shiny Suit thing became the standard over the actual musical content, up here.

The South took advantage of the extra eyes and the fact that what they been doing was considered a new sound for the mainstream and industry to further eat off due to the newness of the popularity...

as we now see, the game is shifting towards a more retro-sound and the industry is as open as its ever been... All styles are able to coexist as long as the artists/creators have control. With this digi-area, its literally no rules, create, drop a project, and eat accordingly.
+11   

1 month ago '20        #8
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 49086 49 K  Slaps total: 7364 7 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Sinamatik CFR said
Can't speak for the industry insiders, but why ya'll hate NYC so much?
when you can hate and say sh*t behind a username and no one gonna expend time and energy to find you, you get people like OP.

he probably doesn't even feel what he is claiming but because it (Bobby sus dance moves) being a hot item for thread views and props, he's milking the game.

n*ggas got mental, emotional and social issues bro.
+4   

1 month ago '16        #9
Boogie1790  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 61668 61 K  Slaps total: 9765 9 K
 Sinamatik CFR said

Naw yall hated on other regions hard.

It's to many stories.

But I fu*k with NY. I think yall need to go back to looking down on other regions to get yall MOJO back.
+6   

1 month ago '15        #10
KingTrips 
Props total: 17549 17 K  Slaps total: 1839 1 K
Y y’all mad at a person who likes to dance for dancing..
+5   

1 month ago '19        #11
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 33946 33 K  Slaps total: 4533 4 K
NY ain't 'hate' on the south since about 92...and most the hate/blackballing was in the late 80s...u n*ggas running with 30 year old rhetoric...

all the big names hailing from nyc in the golden era...big, nas, pac, jay....always worked with n*ggas from other regions...

and starting about 03, u heard artists and fans from ALL OVER who commented on the deterioration and lack of emphasis on lyrics that saturated the game and how the south contributed to that...that ain't hate...it's what actually happened with a lot of artists.

There were always artists who weren't lyrically inclined or just wanted to make music to dance to, but the industry started making that the norm...hip hop became watered down...same as when people complained about autotune and mumble rappers...people get things change...but not every change is good/justified, especially when it doesn't progress the artform...

nobody hated on the dope Southern artists...including when they boo'd the Kast decision at the source awards..

1 month ago '19        #12
 KingTrips said
Y yall mad at a person who likes to dance for dancing..
weird isn't it...especially considering the n*gga was always like this...

and I don't even fu*ks with his music like that...
+2   

1 month ago '16        #13
Ya'll full of sh*t.

You can comb through Boxden and find NY hating on the South all over the place to this very day. I'm sure it's the same for other regions (even Philly) but I don't want to speak for others.

Carry on though, we good now.

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '04        #14
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x66
Props total: 143927 143 K  Slaps total: 19721 19 K
 Boogie1790 said
Naw yall hated on other regions hard.

It's to many stories.

But I fu*k with NY. I think yall need to go back to looking down on other regions to get yall MOJO back.
You got it fu*ked up

NY never hated on any region, NY heads got family in the south and when they would go down there to visit or live, they would get hated on and envied for standing out from the crowd.

NY n*ggas rock with everybody cuz we don't care, we're always gonna do us and be in our element, hustling gettin money and bi*ches. So that's where that hate originated
+6   

1 month ago '11        #15
squirtofkahlua  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 131993 131 K  Slaps total: 7895 7 K
Never understood the "NY hates the south" sh*t. If NY hated the south, then why were southern acts always getting booked in NYC? Artists don't get booked unless there's interest/demand. Why would New Yorkers pay money to see sh*t they "hate"?

Last edited by squirtofkahlua; 10-25-2021 at 09:50 AM..
+15   

1 month ago '19        #16
 144000 said
Ya'll full of sh*t.

You can comb through Boxden and find NY hating on the South all over the place to this very day. I'm sure it's the same for other regions (even Philly) but I don't want to speak for others.

Carry on though, we good now.
n*gga...stfu...it's the internet...we're not in the industry...the innanet has dumbasses from EVERYWHERE....look at this thread...should I make a claim that 'southern n*ggas are so insecure and thinking about NY when we're not even considering y'all' just based on OP, u, and other dumbasses?

Carry on massa's divide and conquer plan though, we good now
+2   

1 month ago '16        #17

RIP Pimp C.

It is what it is, nobody's going for ya'll bullsh*t now bro. But peace to NY.
+2   

1 month ago '20        #18
4220  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6 OP
Props total: 5495 5 K  Slaps total: 859 859
 Sinamatik CFR said

didnt play west side connection on yall radio when they had the number 1 record in the country, booed Outkast on your stage. When the south had rap on lock yall claimed hip hop was dead
Then when the east run was over u wanna run down south for a lil jon beat. Hell even banner said they dissed him because he said he was from the Sip.
+6   

1 month ago '16        #19
 Bklynzfinest said
n*gga...stfu...it's the internet...we're not in the industry...the innanet has dumbasses from EVERYWHERE....look at this thread...should I make a claim that 'southern n*ggas are so insecure and thinking about NY when we're not even considering y'all' just based on OP, u, and other dumbasses?

Carry on massa's divide and conquer plan though, we good now
Internet is real people typing.

You said it stopped back in 1992.

Peace.

1 month ago '04        #20
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25814 25 K  Slaps total: 3764 3 K
Before the 00s southern rap wasn't as embraced. When mixtapes started coming around and folks just saw a name and heard consistency, they gained fans. And lil Wayne was undeniable. Now I'm from DC (no one thinks of us as south nor north). 36 mafia, swisha house, rap a lot in general, 8 ball might, dip all of that was cool here and ao was all the other stuff tbh. We just didn't approve of dc rappers back then. You could be a rapper just not from here... because we had our own genre called "gogo" and it was like, "rap is for them new York n*ggas"
+3   

1 month ago '18        #21
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 98701 98 K  Slaps total: 10043 10 K
Oh now “NY always embraced other regions”
+7   

1 month ago '11        #22
 4220 said
didn’t play west side connection on y’all radio when they had the number 1 record in the country, booed Outkast on your stage. When the south had rap on lock y’all claimed “hip hop was dead”
Then when the east run was over u wanna run down south for a lil jon beat. Hell even banner said they dissed him because he said he was from the Sip.
Once again that was industry n*ggas behind those occurrences, not specifically the fans...

Diddy directed one of Kast first Vids, wtf are you talkin bout... As fans, other regions were embraced... ya'll beef should have been with the labels, media, and industry in general.
+4   

1 month ago '19        #23
 144000 said
Internet is real people typing.

You said it stopped back in 1992.

Peace.
The artist and the industry are what this thread is about...it's talking about the state of rap in nyc and highlighted a ny rapper, not what fans are saying...

And to be perfectly honest, u n*ggas think it's something to say about who's running this and what region is running that, when I wouldn't be proud to rep hip hop from any one region in the last 10 going on 15 years...last time i felt it was good being dominated by a region is with wayne, ross, and them...most of the product after that in hip hop as a whole, especially including nyc, has been overall wack and such low talent...

1 month ago '14        #24
baskeeyacht 
Props total: 37010 37 K  Slaps total: 5588 5 K
I grew up with a couple dude s from Jamaica queens and remember how much they hated on non NY rap

That Bobby track might be be decent tho
+1   

1 month ago '16        #25
 Bklynzfinest said
The artist and the industry are what this thread is about...it's talking about the state of rap in nyc and highlighted a ny rapper, not what fans are saying...

And to be perfectly honest, u n*ggas think it's something to say about who's running this and what region is running that, when I wouldn't be proud to rep hip hop from any one region in the last 10 going on 15 years...last time i felt it was good being dominated by a region is with wayne, ross, and them...most of the product after that in hip hop as a whole, especially including nyc, has been overall wack and such low talent...
I don't care about all this bullsh*t you're typing bruh.

You on here lying and nobody's going for it. Thread title says "NY hip hop."
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+537online now  26
Article inside My Salary Journey > 40k to 400k in 10 years
351 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-60online now  19