A Wu-Tang Clan fantasy RPG is reportedly in the works

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+29  123
64 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '12        #1
823 page views
20 comments

Ethan Hunt  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x112
Props total: 100981 100 K  Slaps total: 6732 6 K
A Wu-Tang Clan fantasy RPG is reportedly in the works

Supposedly a new Wu-Tang Clan “third-person fantasy RPG” is in works at Microsoft and new developer Brass Lion Entertainment, which includes veterans from BioWare and Bethesda. The new title will reportedly be based on “Wu-Tang Clan lore” and the band will create the soundtrack too.

This is according to journalist Jez Corden, who says in the latest episode of the Xbox Two podcast (thanks VGC) that he first heard about the Wu-Tang RPG back in July – which is apparently codenamed “Shaolin”, probably in reference to the rivalry between the Shaolin and Wu-tang martial arts styles, which actually popped up in September’s Nvidia GeForce Now games leak.

Corden says that the game “use Wu-Tang Clan lore” and that it’s a “third-person fantasy action-RPG revolving around melee combat,” with four-player co-op, a “beefy campaign” with “a couple of dozen hours” of play, looting, seasonal content, dungeon crawling, and end-game content – with Corden making a specific comparison to Minecraft Dungeons, although he’s pretty sure it’s not an isometric game like Diablo.

GamesBeat’s Jeff Grubb backed up Jez Corden’s report on his own show, although he doesn’t say much more than to confirm that it’s not a remake of the Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks spin-off. Brass Lion Entertainment’s website states that it has an “unannounced action RPG” in the works, so that could be the Wu-Tang game.

Corden does also add that Shaolin is “pretty early” in development, so don’t expect to hear about it for a while. This report comes right on the heels of both Corden and Grubb revealing that Microsoft is also working on a “cloud-native MMO”, which it’s looking to get experience on to help out its collaboration with Hideo Kojima.
+6   

best
worst
20 comments

1 month ago '15        #2
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 32852 32 K  Slaps total: 8840 8 K
This is fu*king stupid

1 month ago '19        #3
lefthanded327 
Props total: 1325 1 K  Slaps total: 212 212
 gemini8686 said
This is fu*king stupid
Slapped

1 month ago '20        #4
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 49086 49 K  Slaps total: 7364 7 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Wu fan when it comes to music,
haven't been interested in the tv show or their previous videogame.
not sure I'll play this one
+1   

1 month ago '12        #5
5E8FW 
Props total: 10723 10 K  Slaps total: 2046 2 K
They need to expand. Sounds good. I was thinking the other day, GZA should have an emcee dojo. Rea should have a plethora of barbershops. Deck should have a microphone line. And on and on.

Franchise. Franchise that mufuka. It's time.

Thing is, I think RZA "owns" Wu-Tang, the brand.
+2   

1 month ago '20        #6
The corrector  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10797 10 K  Slaps total: 2316 2 K
I only care if the game is good.

I like the (first 2) Def Jam games largely because they used an engine I already liked on the Nintendo 64 games in addition to them looking and sounding better and having a much better story than the actual wrestling games. .

I rented 50 cent bulletproof...didn't really like it. It was a novelty. I loved True Crime streets of LA because it was the first gta style open world game that took place in my region that also happened to have a great soundtrack, better f*ghting and shooting while driving than GTA. I NEVER EVEN UNLOCKED SNOOP.

I don't buy or play video games or any product for that matter just because the involvement of any artist.

Also I'm disappointed they aren't working on a Mortal Kombat Shaolin monks remake.
+1   

1 month ago '10        #7
t from the 617 
Props total: 26181 26 K  Slaps total: 838 838
That old wu tang f*ghting game was dope
+9   

1 month ago '11        #8
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 54964 54 K  Slaps total: 5535 5 K
I liked the Bioware team in the past... if their Vets are working on this under a new Dev Entity i think this sh*t could work, especially with the newfound interest the series has garnered...

Think Marvel Heroes or Neverwinter with an Urban/Wu-Themed landscape and various different build options for ya favorite Wu Members...

I think for those familiar with 3rd person RPG's, and the whole soundtrack aspect of it alone could make it work, add on the online/co-op option, regular updates and seasonal events should keep em interested for the long-haul!

I'mma check it out whenever it drops...
+1   

1 month ago '17        #9
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 54240 54 K  Slaps total: 11708 11 K
Weird people love Wu-Tang, boy, I tell ya

1 month ago '20        #10
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x164
Props total: 86826 86 K  Slaps total: 17770 17 K
They should have been had a Wu Tang game suprised RZA didn’t been put funds behind this

1 month ago '13        #11
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 111780 111 K  Slaps total: 46128 46 K
Literally the goat group

+2   

1 month ago '18        #12
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 67270 67 K  Slaps total: 15602 15 K
 t from the 617 said
That old wu tang f*ghting game was dope
Makes me intrested off that strength alone
+2   

1 month ago '20        #13
Mysticman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 44018 44 K  Slaps total: 13979 13 K
 gemini8686 said
this is fu*king stupid
slaaaaaaped

1 month ago '12        #14
Ethan Hunt  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x112 OP
Props total: 100981 100 K  Slaps total: 6732 6 K
 lefthanded327 said
Slapped
lol

1 month ago '04        #15
dubious76 
Props total: 489 489  Slaps total: 107 107
I just don't want them in China solely with no time or missions in New York. They need some shenmue style missions, concerts, tours, etc...there is no reason this should be weak, it should be full fledged dope action, missions, side missions...
+1   

1 month ago '07        #16
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x123
Props total: 251934 251 K  Slaps total: 22429 22 K
 5ive04our said
They should have been had a Wu Tang game suprised RZA didn’t been put funds behind this

1 month ago '21        #17
Marrero 
Props total: 3506 3 K  Slaps total: 1478 1 K
 The corrector said
I only care if the game is good.

I like the (first 2) Def Jam games largely because they used an engine I already liked on the Nintendo 64 games in addition to them looking and sounding better and having a much better story than the actual wrestling games. .

I rented 50 cent bulletproof...didn't really like it. It was a novelty. I loved True Crime streets of LA because it was the first gta style open world game that took place in my region that also happened to have a great soundtrack, better f*ghting and shooting while driving than GTA. I NEVER EVEN UNLOCKED SNOOP.

I don't buy or play video games or any product for that matter just because the involvement of any artist.

Also I'm disappointed they aren't working on a Mortal Kombat Shaolin monks remake.
Wu Tang game came before all of those games

1 month ago '20        #18
The corrector  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10797 10 K  Slaps total: 2316 2 K
 Marrero said
Wu Tang game came before all of those games
I'm just speaking on hip hop in games in general.

Never played the last game but I also feel it has no bearing on what to expect either.

1 month ago '16        #19
3LIT3 
Props total: 2775 2 K  Slaps total: 396 396
 Dap Or Slap Me said
Wu fan when it comes to music,
haven't been interested in the tv show or their previous videogame.
not sure I'll play this one
Big wu fan and I enjoy the show give it a try season two is interesting in a artistic creative way
+1   

1 month ago '20        #20
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 49086 49 K  Slaps total: 7364 7 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 3LIT3 said
Big wu fan and I enjoy the show give it a try season two is interesting in a artistic creative way
I personally feel I'm a true fan of sh*t/artists/etc I claim to like.
but as much of a fan as I am of music, watching their stories on television always been a bore to me.
Now, I'll read their books no issue (if interested) last rapper book I read was Prodigy and that sh*t made me respect his rap game all the more.

But a TV show (Wu chronicles, BMF, etc.) all them rap shows be type wack to me I can't even explain why because it's hard to even describe but I get bored with them type tv shows for some reason. and I keep hearing everyone even IRL homies tell me "Nah son, you gotta watch that joint. it's solid"
+1   

1 month ago '16        #21
3LIT3 
Props total: 2775 2 K  Slaps total: 396 396
 Dap Or Slap Me said
I personally feel I'm a true fan of sh*t/artists/etc I claim to like.
but as much of a fan as I am of music, watching their stories on television always been a bore to me.
Now, I'll read their books no issue (if interested) last rapper book I read was Prodigy and that sh*t made me respect his rap game all the more.

But a TV show (Wu chronicles, BMF, etc.) all them rap shows be type wack to me I can't even explain why because it's hard to even describe but I get bored with them type tv shows for some reason. and I keep hearing everyone even IRL homies tell me "Nah son, you gotta watch that joint. it's solid"
I’m telling ya boys are right, they show there struggle go in depth on Raekwon and GFKs beef. Little insights to what they went thru trying to make
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+114online now  25
Image(s) inside Nikola Tesla Predicted the Smartphone and the Internet in 1926
64 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+26online now  18
Video inside 800 LBs man meets internet girlfriend IRL
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-65online now  18
Video inside This man has no fear of approaching women! He hollers at every woman he..
242 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+46online now  10
Image(s) inside Bizzy Bone Sends A Message To Gangsta Boo After Versus
97 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy