Oct 23 - US intel warns China could dominate AI, gain military edge

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '15        #1
779 page views
19 comments

Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x187
Props total: 154755 154 K  Slaps total: 18832 18 K
Oct 23 - US intel warns China could dominate AI, gain military edge

United States officials issued new warnings Friday about China’s ambitions in artificial intelligence and a range of advanced technologies that could eventually give Beijing a decisive military edge and possible dominance over healthcare and other essential sectors in the US.

The warnings include a renewed effort to inform business executives, academics and local and state government officials about the risks of accepting Chinese investment or expertise in key industries, officials at the National Counterintelligence and Security Center said. While the centre does not intend to tell officials to reject Chinese investment, it will encourage efforts to control intellectual property and implement security measures

National security agencies under President Joe Biden’s administration are making an aggressive public push against China, which some officials have called the greatest strategic threat to the US. The Biden administration has simultaneously tried to ease some tensions with Beijing that date from the administration of former US President Donald Trump and seek common ground on trade and climate change.

Beijing has repeatedly accused Washington of fearmongering about its intentions and attacked US intelligence for its a*sessments of China, including allegations that Chinese leaders have withheld critical information about the coronavirus pandemic.

Under President Xi Jinping, the Chinese government has stated its goals to create profitable technologies in robotics and other fields in plans known as “Made in China 2025”. The US Department of Justice in recent years has returned several indictments alleging theft of sensitive US information on behalf of China, including vaccine research and autonomous vehicle technology.

The counterintelligence centre’s acting director, Michael Orlando, told reporters in a rare briefing Thursday that the US “can’t afford to lose” ground to China in several key areas: artificial intelligence, autonomous systems, quantum computing, semiconductors and biotechnology

Orlando noted that Chinese businesses and academics are beholden to the Chinese Communist Party and are required to serve the party’s interests.

“Although we’ve been saying this for year after year, people are not digesting this,” he said

Orlando declined to say whether the US should enact tougher restrictions or outright bans on Chinese investment in certain sectors, saying his role was not to suggest policy.

But the counterintelligence centre holds regular briefings with private industry and academia while recognising that industries and universities may still want to seek students, experts and investors from China, Orlando said. He would not name companies with which the centre has met.

The centre’s officer for emerging and disruptive technologies, Edward You, noted the investment of Chinese companies in US and European biotechnology and pharmaceutics.

WuXi Biologics has since 2019 built a vaccine manufacturing facility in Ireland, announced plans for a production facility in Massachusetts in the US and acquired a Bayer plant in Germany. Officials did not disclose any information linking those acquisitions to Beijing’s influence but said they were part of a broader pattern by Chinese medical companies.

visit this link https://www.aljazeera.com .. d-technologies
+2   

best
worst
19 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x54
Props total: 118278 118 K  Slaps total: 23305 23 K
they got hypersonic nukes and better AI. trillions spent on military but kkk education more worthless than a penny with a hole in it

1 month ago '15        #3
Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x187 OP
 foshoVoodoo said
they got hypersonic nukes and better AI. trillions spent on military but kkk education more worthless than a penny with a hole in it

American Dream was destroyed Sept 11th 2001
+6   

1 month ago '10        #4
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21367 21 K  Slaps total: 3735 3 K
What the f*** have we been spending more than the next eight countries on military for then
+7   

1 month ago '15        #5
Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x187 OP
 acegutta22 said
What the f*** have we been spending more than the next eight countries on military for then
"Iran"
"Russia"

Wth happened to America?
+1   

1 month ago '05        #6
rellish 
Props total: 15432 15 K  Slaps total: 2147 2 K
Yeah I seen some news clips & other stories just a few nights ago, China going hard as fuk about this.

They got wayyyy more manpower than the U.S. does, & got people slaving over this as we speak. China thinks by 2030 they'll have the game on lock. They'll be at or near the top.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #7
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31407 31 K  Slaps total: 1489 1 K
more fear propaganda from the americans here. china is in massive trouble in the near future and sh*t... even right now. i'm actually caught off guard by how bad they're struggling right now. first off... a.i. is waaaaay over hyped. people think machine learning is more advanced than it is—it just isn't. it still gets bodied by a clever human's creativity on the reg. it's advantage is it's better at mundane processes like number crunching etc. but it's still far too reliant on human input in the form of algorithms to do it's thing which means it's created in the human image which means it's less than the capacity of a human and can be outdone by a human. i think the hunt for self sufficient a.i. is a fool's errand and we will never see it in our lifetimes. maybe it happens farther in the future but it's still fairy tale status at this point and definitely not something people concerned with national security should be overly worried about. everyone's got nerds, it's not that hard to combat.

what feeds this china fear is the fact that the ccp must save face and appear strong for it's legitimacy at home and abroad so they claim all these advances and success stories and the americans are notorious for over estimating their rivals when it comes to big boy geopolitics this same phenomenon happened with the soviets in the cold war when clearly the ussr was so far behind the americans in so many ways and while china really is a far more formidable opponent than the soviets were they are still out classed in so many ways and have critical issues that will plague them now and for the foreseeable future that will keep them from rising to equal the americans capabilities. and i'm not saying that as some blood filled raging nationalist american who wholeheartedly believes in the ridiculous "american exceptionalism" doctrine these are just strictly the facts on the ground. the media has sooooo many people confused on the actual reality of the actual cards these two nations hold and what their near futures are in store for...
+6   

1 month ago '13        #8
jrockex 
Props total: 7953 7 K  Slaps total: 698 698
 d.c. supreme said
more fear propaganda from the americans here. china is in massive trouble in the near future and sh*t... even right now. i'm actually caught off guard by how bad they're struggling right now. first off... a.i. is waaaaay over hyped. people think machine learning is more advanced than it is—it just isn't. it still gets bodied by a clever human's creativity on the reg. it's advantage is it's better at mundane processes like number crunching etc. but it's still far too reliant on human input in the form of algorithms to do it's thing which means it's created in the human image which means it's less than the capacity of a human and can be outdone by a human. i think the hunt for self sufficient a.i. is a fool's errand and we will never see it in our lifetimes. maybe it happens farther in the future but it's still fairy tale status at this point and definitely not something people concerned with national security should be overly worried about. everyone's got nerds, it's not that hard to combat.

what feeds this china fear is the fact that the ccp must save face and appear strong for it's legitimacy at home and abroad so they claim all these advances and success stories and the americans are notorious for over estimating their rivals when it comes to big boy geopolitics this same phenomenon happened with the soviets in the cold war when clearly the ussr was so far behind the americans in so many ways and while china really is a far more formidable opponent than the soviets were they are still out classed in so many ways and have critical issues that will plague them now and for the foreseeable future that will keep them from rising to equal the americans capabilities. and i'm not saying that as some blood filled raging nationalist american who wholeheartedly believes in the ridiculous "american exceptionalism" doctrine these are just strictly the facts on the ground. the media has sooooo many people confused on the actual reality of the actual cards these two nations hold and what their near futures are in store for...

+4   

1 month ago '09        #9
abstruse 
Props total: 4584 4 K  Slaps total: 847 847
China ain't about do sh*t,they need to get rid of massive debt from private sectors first,their real estate is crumbling rightnow
+2   

1 month ago '20        #10
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42448 42 K  Slaps total: 7882 7 K
 acegutta22 said
We were busy wasting money on keeping the troops battle ready , destroying countries , spreading propaganda while our roads fell apart , people drinking contaminated lead water , hate over consume d the country while the Chines invested within & educated their population

1 month ago '20        #11
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42448 42 K  Slaps total: 7882 7 K
China has floods , lack of enough electric power & american propaganda to deal with . China is not a treat you maga fuk boys
+1   

1 month ago '18        #12
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 98701 98 K  Slaps total: 10043 10 K
 d.c. supreme said

+2   

1 month ago '16        #13
theidiotlamper 
Props total: 5805 5 K  Slaps total: 2117 2 K
 rellish said
Yeah I seen some news clips & other stories just a few nights ago, China going hard as fuk about this.

They got wayyyy more manpower than the U.S. does, & got people slaving over this as we speak. China thinks by 2030 they'll have the game on lock. They'll be at or near the top.
been abrea*t of this for 10 years.

ironically one of the black producers of the movie soul plane left his multi million dollar perch to go to China, get involved with automation and artificial intelligence.

his concern was people of color obtaining access to the training necessary to run those jobs.

he detailed the need for training at that point and it was i think 2010.

once I read that and saw the coding programs available for 2nd grade and under in California I knew we were fu*ked. we are hopeful of a core of prodigies at this point.

meanwhile in China where educational training is far beyond that of the US, they have reduced the time children can play recreational games at this point. something like 3 hours a week or some sh*t something crazy.

its a wrap.

we never led the world in technology, only our media displaces the mind as such. the simple convenience of China consumerism and travel, vending machines and mag rails should be enough simple evidence of that for decades now man.

Last edited by theidiotlamper; 10-25-2021 at 12:05 AM..

1 month ago '20        #14
confidential1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 65167 65 K  Slaps total: 3391 3 K
Duh…

Wypipo buzy keeping they foot on dark skinned people around the globe while the Chinaman been in the cut plotting on world domination ever since

Last edited by confidential1; 10-25-2021 at 12:10 AM..
+1   

1 month ago '20        #15
adak31 
Props total: 18783 18 K  Slaps total: 538 538
 d.c. supreme said

https://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-official-said-resigned-because-093911720.html

+1   

1 month ago '20        #16
adak31 
Props total: 18783 18 K  Slaps total: 538 538

+1   

1 month ago '05        #17
Muggz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19184 19 K  Slaps total: 5387 5 K
what do u expect. the current 18-25 young men camp is all retarded, entitled, participation trophy pussies that listen to homo rappers. just saw a news piece the other day that China has banned all sissy and wimpy men culture. so like no music movies ads or anything with bi*ch a*s n*ggas allowed over there and we got ppl f*ghting over what stand up comedians can say. who u think gonna win in a f*ght. and btw don’t look at us “old heads” which is like over 25 according to these dumb n*ggas. yall got this right?

1 month ago '15        #18
POPQUiZ  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12393 12 K  Slaps total: 1736 1 K
When a nation purposely marginalizes a sect of the population aka institutionalized racism and institute a system inferior education to the poor after a while it’ll come to bite you in the a*s

Americans will learn the hard way and take math and science seriously instead of promoting weirdo sh*t to the kids

1 month ago '19        #19
jordanair45 
Props total: 7944 7 K  Slaps total: 1658 1 K
Word. AI is still in its infancy so I’m sure we’ll catch up.

All this is good IMO cause it lights a fire under our a*ses

If China comes out with a hypersonic missile then believe we’re going to come out with a better one.

I wouldn’t doubt we already have some crazy stuff, but USA keeps it under wraps in case sh*t pops off

Summon the aliens

1 month ago '04        #20
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31407 31 K  Slaps total: 1489 1 K
 adak31 said
https://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-official-said-resigned-because-093911720.html

yeah i remember that story, it was all over twitter and maybe even posted here and people in the know—know he's talking out his a*s. he's fallen for that same trap i mentioned in the first post—completely whiffing on china's actual capabilities. just like most american experts did back in the cold war days when they overrated the soviets' capabilities. experts are wrong all the time and actually often are more than they aren't.

china isn't even self reliant when it comes to tech, let alone somehow already checkmating the rest of the world in a.i. capability. this was literately admitted by xi in the ccp's "two sessions" meetings last year where their #1 goal was to try and develop self sufficiency when it comes to tech because they currently aren't. it's another reason why china is actually masquerading as a first world country when it's still just an emerging country it's just so massive with so many people that it has the 2nd largest economy in the world. but their per capita wealth is on the same level as equatorial guinea. there was a great article last year called
that was a rare american media blurb ignoring the need to scare americans to get clicks and gave it to you straight.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+537online now  26
Article inside My Salary Journey > 40k to 400k in 10 years
351 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+36online now  19
Devin Haney getting Finessesed by his jeweler
196 comments