Oct 23 - Almost Every Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate Court Challenge Has FAILED

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
19 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news /page 2

1 month ago '07        #1
3090 page views
151 comments

yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 97634 97 K  Slaps total: 12460 12 K
Oct 23 - Almost Every Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate Court Challenge Has FAILED

With limited exceptions, judges uphold requirements that government workers, public-university students and contractors get shots

A range of people—from nurses to firef*ghters to students—have filed lawsuits objecting to the mandatory Covid-19 vaccinations imposed by states and cities, claiming the policies infringe on their constitutional rights.

Nearly every legal challenge has failed so far.

With limited exceptions involving religious objectors, judges have overwhelmingly upheld orders in numerous states that require health workers, public employees, state university students and government contractors to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment. These rulings have allowed states to fire workers who refuse immunization.

“What we’re seeing are courts finding that mandates are lawful and constitutional,” said Jennifer Piatt, a deputy director with the Network for Public Health Law, a national nonprofit group based in Minnesota that promotes public health laws and has kept track of the litigation.

More than 20 states and dozens of cities have adopted vaccination mandates—mostly through executive orders and legislation—to control the spread of Covid-19. The legal basis for the orders largely stems from a Supreme Court ruling from a century ago upholding a vaccine mandate after an outbreak of smallpox in Massachusetts. The court acknowledged in that case that states have broad powers to combat significant public-health challenges.

In at least 17 lawsuits, judges appointed by both Democrats and Republicans have refused to block vaccine mandates.

A federal appeals court ruled on Oct. 15 that Maine can enforce its vaccination requirement for healthcare workers. The First U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said Tuesday that Gov. Janet Mills had no choice but to mandate that healthcare workers be vaccinated to curb transmission of the Delta variant.

In denying an injunction sought by a group of medical workers, the opinion noted that the state resorted to tougher measures after its carrot approach—offering fishing licenses, sweepstakes prize money and other incentives to Mainers who got their first dose—failed to persuade enough people to get their shots.

In Massachusetts, a federal judge on Oct. 15 refused to halt Gov. Charlie Baker’s requirement that all of the state’s executive-branch employees show proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.

A union representing four correction officers had insisted that the mandate unconstitutionally violated the terms of their collective-bargaining agreement. In rejecting that claim, U.S. District Judge Timothy Hillman wrote that Mr. Baker’s order was a “reasonable and appropriate way to advance the significant goal of stopping the spread of Covid-19 in the state prison system.”

In recent days, multiple judges have rejected efforts to stop Oregon Gov. Kate Brown from requiring state employees, teachers, school staff and medical workers to be vaccinated. In one case, a group of paramedics, teachers, nurses and other plaintiffs said they had a fundamental right not to be “coerced by the State of Oregon to be injected with an experimental medication.”

U.S. District Judge Michael H. Simon’s opinion disputed the plaintiffs’ characterization of the policy as a forced medical experiment, stating that the mRNA vaccines developed to f*ght Covid-19 had undergone significant clinical trials and safety evaluation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

“The court accepts, however, that certain plaintiffs face a difficult decision in having to take a vaccine they do not wish to take or find a new job, possibly in another state,” Judge Simon wrote. But he said their concerns are outweighed by “the state’s interest in public health and welfare.”

For more than a century, court rulings have recognized the authority of states to establish mandatory-vaccination programs. The most influential precedent cited by judges in their rulings is the 1905 U.S. Supreme Court decision in Jacobson v. Massachusetts, dealing with a Lutheran pastor’s objection to a smallpox-vaccination requirement.

“Jacobson established that there is no fundamental right to refuse vaccination,” wrote U.S. District Judge Ann Aiken in an Oct. 19 opinion also upholding Oregon’s mandates.

As judges have upheld the mandates, more states and cities have imposed new requirements. This week, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said all municipal workers must get vaccinated against Covid-19, meaning some 46,000 city workers need to get their first shot by Oct. 29 or potentially lose their jobs.

Less settled is the authority of the federal government to set vaccine rules in the private sector. The Biden administration is finalizing Occupational Safety and Health Administration emergency regulations directing large companies to require their workforce to get inoculated. Critics of the policy have questioned whether the president’s vaccine mandate goes beyond the federal government’s constitutional power to regulate interstate commerce.

At a Thursday town hall in Baltimore hosted by CNN, President Biden said he waited to impose vaccine requirements at the federal level but ultimately relented to drive up the vaccination rate.

“I waited until July to talk about mandating, because I tried everything else possible,” he said.

And it is also unclear how much leeway states have to impose health orders against religious objections. During the pandemic, courts have been more likely to block measures perceived to violate the First Amendment right to free exercise of religion.

Last week a federal judge, for example, ruled that the New York State Department of Health couldn’t let hospital and nursing-home workers opt out of a vaccine mandate for medical reasons while at the same time refusing to accommodate religious objectors.

Some litigants have tried out more unusual arguments. A lawsuit against the University of Pennsylvania Health System claims that requiring workers to disclose whether they have gotten the shots is compelled political speech deserving the protection of the First Amendment.

Bruce L. Castor Jr. , a former Montgomery County district attorney in Pennsylvania who represents the plaintiffs in that case, said lower-court judges were motivated, at least in part, by fear when they rejected the lawsuits against vaccine mandates.

“I don’t think any individual federal district court judge wants to run the risk that their ruling ends up getting blamed for spreading disease,” said Mr. Castor, who is best known for defending former President Trump in this year’s impeachment trial.

Mr. Castor said he and other opponents of the mandate are hoping that the federal courts of appeals give more weight to individual liberties when reviewing lower court rulings.

best
worst
151 comments

1 month ago '10        #2
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 92855 92 K  Slaps total: 19924 19 K
Are vaccinated people still dying from Covid?

I haven’t heard of anyone updating those numbers recently.
+25   

1 month ago '16        #3
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29567 29 K  Slaps total: 5204 5 K
Word, another stressor on our already collapsing economy.

I wonder how many businesses will tank under the mandate
+8   

1 month ago '20        #4
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 19898 19 K  Slaps total: 33310 33 K
How many of the ones that have been successful are getting appealed to the Supreme Court?

1 month ago '17        #5
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 75564 75 K  Slaps total: 5766 5 K
The " I just dont wanna to" defense didn't work

1 month ago '06        #6
philly337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52646 52 K  Slaps total: 15330 15 K
Since getting covid im more pro vax and will prob getting but I still don't know. I def don't agree with mandates and its seems people who are vaxxed are still having the same sever symptoms (while adding potential adverse reactions). I know the data says its helps severe illness but im just not seeing it...seems like a crapshoot
+17   

1 month ago '06        #7
Supreme7 
Props total: 6353 6 K  Slaps total: 1069 1 K
+3   

1 month ago '15        #8
altaluv 
Props total: 3938 3 K  Slaps total: 1215 1 K
Doesnt matter, none of this sh*t will last. What’s disturbing is how certain clowns want mandates and boosters for the rest of their misrable
lives, and want forced vaccinations on other ppl. These people need serious help. Its actually sickening.
+68   

1 month ago '20        #9
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 19898 19 K  Slaps total: 33310 33 K
 philly337 said
Since getting covid im more pro vax and will prob getting but I still don't know. I def don't agree with mandates and its seems people who are vaxxed are still having the same sever symptoms (while adding potential adverse reactions). I know the data says its helps severe illness but im just not seeing it...seems like a crapshoot
Interesting how even after infections (before or after those experimental injections) that provide the real sh*t those formulations attempt to replicate injections are still “required”.

And before y’all start bringing up influenza and flu shots......these formulations have not been altered for “variants”.

The mutation rate of the wuhan is slower than that of influenza viruses.

The wuhan is a common cold virus. Just in its novel years in a world wide population of over 7 billion people.

People get re-infected with the same common cold viruses just like what’s going on with the wuhan.

Last edited by BuiltForThis; 10-23-2021 at 08:53 AM..

1 month ago '21        #10
MacJokerJones 
Props total: 2397 2 K  Slaps total: 1592 1 K
@

Thread filled with misinformation

1 month ago '12        #11
daman729 
Props total: 78173 78 K  Slaps total: 3250 3 K
 altaluv said
Doesnt matter, none of this sh*t will last. What’s disturbing is how certain clowns want mandates and boosters for the rest of their misrable
lives, and want forced vaccinations on other ppl.
These people need serious help. Its actually sickening.
I learned a long time ago. A lot of these people d*ck riding these mandates dont really give a fu*k about peoples health like they say they do. Many of them are pretenders and just talk big sh*t. They want others to be bulldogged into taking an experimental vaccine or lose their livelihood because they dont want to feel alone. Those are the real selfish ones. They took it. Now they want others to come along with them. I mean if you took it, youre supposed be protected right? So why want others to take it? sh*t makes no sense at all and they still cant even see it. This whole covid mandate thing has showed me just how just how sociopathic and maybe even psychopathic people are.

And the funny thing is, many of these people who dont want this particular vaccine, arent even "anti vaxx" which is some more media trigger word bullsh*t used to stir things up . But theyre actually pro choice and want people have the right to freely get it or not.

Shouts out to all the sane, genuine, common sense using people who got their vaccines but still want people to have a choice to not get theirs without losing a job or their livelihood.

Last edited by daman729; 10-23-2021 at 04:19 PM..
+55   

1 month ago '15        #12
altaluv 
Props total: 3938 3 K  Slaps total: 1215 1 K
 daman729 said
I learned a long time ago. A lot of these people d*ck riding these mandates dont really give a fu*k about peoples health like they say they do. Many of them are pretenders and just talk big sh*t. They want others to be bulldogged into taking an experimental vaccine or lose their livelihood because they dont want to feel alone. Those are the real selfish ones. They took it. Now they want others to come along with them. I mean if you took it, youre supposed be protected right? So why want others to take it? sh*t makes no sense at all and they still cant even see it. This whole covid mandate thing has showed me just how just how sociopathic and maybe even psychopathic people are.

And the funny thing is, many of these people who dont want this particular vaccine, arent even "anti vaxx" which is some more media trigger word bullsh*t used to stir things up . But theyre actually pro choice and want people have the right to freely get it or not.

Shouts out to all the sane, genuine, common sense using people who got their vaccines but still want people to have a choice to get theirs or not without losing a job or their livelihood.
I was real close to getting it. Only reason I was going to and still might is if I have to, to continue working. My corp still aint mandate it and they are very hush abt it, i know most ppl in my field dont trust their governments a lot of them prolly “unvaxxed”. as an essential worker ive worked through this sh*t and gotten covid. Reason I backed off is because how hard the mainstream media/Gov is pushing it. I have 0 trust in our media and governments they always have an agenda. This vaccine doesnt stop infection/transmission and it wanes in 6-8 months then you require boosters. sh*t aint right. I aint comfortable getting it especially since ive already had covid possibly more then once. I am not anti science or anti vax. I just got my tetanus booster last yr. God bless all yall going through it.
+17   

1 month ago '21        #13
TheIronyIsThat 
Props total: 7983 7 K  Slaps total: 1015 1 K
 altaluv said
lives, and want forced vaccinations on other ppl. These people need serious help. Its actually sickening.
And the fact that most of the people who were "hospitalized" by COVID-19 were mostly the ones that hid inside their homes:

A 'shocking' two-thirds of patients recently hospitalized in NY had been staying home
"They're not working; they're not traveling," Cuomo said. "... They were predominantly at home."

+6   

1 month ago '12        #14
King Jaffy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5194 5 K  Slaps total: 448 448
 philly337 said
My brother and his wife got covid in August. He is vaccinated, she was not.

She got it severe, was laid up almost two weeks, couldnt move, extremely sick, coughing, hard breathing etc. Said it was the worst sick she has ever been in her life. Like an extreme flu on overdrive.

He lost his sense of taste and was fatigued with a cough for a single day. He felt like it was a bad cold for a day, and was pretty much fine the next day after some rest.

So yes, vaccinated get sick...but it is waaaaaaaay less severe.
+1   

1 month ago '07        #15
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63 OP

+26   

1 month ago '07        #16
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63 OP

1 month ago '06        #17
philly337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52646 52 K  Slaps total: 15330 15 K
 King Jaffy said
My brother and his wife got covid in August. He is vaccinated, she was not.

She got it severe, was laid up almost two weeks, couldnt move, extremely sick, coughing, hard breathing etc. Said it was the worst sick she has ever been in her life. Like an extreme flu on overdrive.

He lost his sense of taste and was fatigued with a cough for a single day. He felt like it was a bad cold for a day, and was pretty much fine the next day after some rest.

So yes, vaccinated get sick...but it is waaaaaaaay less severe.
I feel you im just saying some people unvaccinated get mild symptoms too and people vaccinated get severe symptoms...it seems like a straight toss up. Most of the people in the hospital my way are vaccinated currently
+10   

1 month ago '12        #18
King Jaffy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5194 5 K  Slaps total: 448 448
 philly337 said
I feel you im just saying some people unvaccinated get mild symptoms too and people vaccinated get severe symptoms...it seems like a straight toss up. Most of the people in the hospital my way are vaccinated currently
It’s the opposite of that almost everywhere.

1 month ago '15        #19
Black Larry 
Props total: 16191 16 K  Slaps total: 1402 1 K
 philly337 said
I agree with what your saying. I know many ppl who worked thru the whole pandemic. Some caught covid and was down like a really bad flu. Others I heard that tested positive said it was like a cold. Many ppl may have been in contact with it and just ate it and immune system didn't break down at all. People been working almost 2 years straight with sh*t out and didn't get sick or anything now they wanna force those same ppl to get jabbed and possibly suffer. And then say for the greater good. Then cdc is gonna change the definition and keep moving the goal post so they can continue to get paid.

Govt literally told people the worst advice to stay home and not come out. We literally had worst diseases and viruses here. But this virus went viral and too many higher ups getting paid. Side effects are fcked up and now they giving it to the children. They took away the option for having weekly test so now they forcing ppl again. It's not about people health. That's some bs always was. Maybe I'm too cynical
+1   

1 month ago '21        #20
CrookByTheBook 
Props total: 1728 1 K  Slaps total: 247 247
Not surprising. The courts are in on the whole thing. The highest ranking individuals from every major sector attend those gay a*s bilderberg and bohemian grove meetings. The judges, the media, politicians, police, Hollywood entertainers, corporate CEO’s, religious leaders...etc. They’ve had this hoax planned out for years.

Last edited by CrookByTheBook; 10-24-2021 at 11:55 AM..
+20   

1 month ago '16        #21
ELAH MENTAT 
Props total: 21741 21 K  Slaps total: 1563 1 K
 altaluv said
Makes absolutely no sense.

Its gonna be sad when eminent domain happens after they allowed all of our rights to be taken…

1 month ago '06        #22
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 29691 29 K  Slaps total: 7292 7 K
What we’re seeing are courts finding that mandates are lawful and constitutional,” said Jennifer Piatt, a deputy director with the Network for Public Health Law, a national nonprofit group based in Minnesota that promotes public health laws and has kept track of the litigation.
Antivax retards lose again. The Covid infested morons bi*ching in this thread likely have bad credit but are experts in virology and I’m supposed to trust them over the thousands of medical professionals vouching for these vaccines around the planet. Cry more, couch scientists.

1 month ago '06        #23
Doe Sun 
Props total: 3029 3 K  Slaps total: 722 722
Media brainwashed us and many on this board that there are only two groups: 1) vaccinated and masked and 2) unvaccinated and not masked. They also group them into left and right on the politics spectrum.

When in reality, i see some reckless no mask vaccinated people. And conversely, unvaccinated masked/social distanced people.

Youre braindead if you actually only think the right and MAGA are unvaccinated. Most hispanics and blacks are the ones that arent vaccinated and they definitely dont vote MAGA.

Wake up people. Just be kind and respect what others do to their own body. Unvaccinated dont affect vaccinated like they try to portray. Vaccinated can infect the vaccinated.
+11   

1 month ago '06        #24
bxdiplomat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 20909 20 K  Slaps total: 2234 2 K
 Storchaveli said
Antivax retards lose again. The Covid infested morons bi*ching in this thread likely have bad credit but are experts in virology and I’m supposed to trust them over the thousands of medical professionals vouching for these vaccines around the planet. Cry more, couch scientists.
sh*t you got one of them n*ggas in here talking about people caring about health and they a*s was 430 pounds (probably more).

n*ggas went from Obese to still Obese

You have another bozo with a 78 disinformation page thread but was about to die 3 months ago from eating too much junk food.

But they want people to listen to them about health.

Them n*ggas anti-role models.

Last edited by bxdiplomat; 10-24-2021 at 08:38 AM..
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '18        #25
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9618 9 K  Slaps total: 2197 2 K
New World Order
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+114online now  16
Image(s) inside rottweiler/german shepard mix gotta be the coolest dog
109 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+67online now  10
Image(s) inside Remember when Young Money had a weak budget?
133 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Article inside Kevin Hart's New Series "True Story" is FIRE. I THOUGHT KOUNTY WAYNE ..
63 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+36online now  8
Video inside Christopher B Duncan talks about how the “Braxton” character ruined his..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy