Oct 22 - Walmart sets up hundreds of bitcoin ATMs at its stores across the US

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+28  119
56 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '15        #1
615 page views
7 comments

Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x187
Props total: 154755 154 K  Slaps total: 18832 18 K
Oct 22 - Walmart sets up hundreds of bitcoin ATMs at its stores across the US

US retail giant Walmart, the world’s largest company by revenue, has launched a program to allow customers to buy bitcoin at 200 of its stores via Coinstar ATMs.

“Coinstar, in partnership with Coinme, has launched a pilot that allows its customers to use cash to purchase bitcoin. There are 200 Coinstar kiosks located inside Walmart stores across the United States that are part of this pilot,” Walmart communications director Molly Blakeman told CoinDesk on Friday.

Walmart customers can now freely buy the cryptocurrency at Coinstar ATMs, which was verified by a CoinDesk editor, who bought a small amount of bitcoin at a Pennsylvania Walmart earlier in October.

Coinstar kiosks were previously mainly used for exchanging coins for paper bills or gift cards. The new service is enabled by Coinme, a crypto payment company that specializes in bitcoin ATMs, also known as BTMs.

According to a CoinDesk source at Walmart, the company deliberately abstained from issuing a press release after a fake press release last month claimed that litecoin was to be accepted as payment at Walmart stores.

The cryptocurrency ATM industry is expanding at a rapid pace, partly fueled by the Covid-19 pandemic. Coinstar introduced bitcoin-buying services with Coinme in 2019, operating around 3,500 Coinme BTMs in the US by 2020 and adding around 300 more bitcoin-selling machines across the state of Florida by April 2021.

Walmart’s 200 bitcoin-enabled ATMs are part of a pilot project with the potential to expand across the retail giant’s 4,700 stores.
visit this link https://www.rt.com/busine .. pilot-project/
+7   

best
worst
7 comments

1 month ago '18        #2
antisocial100 
Props total: 18877 18 K  Slaps total: 5254 5 K
We ain’t going nowhere, we ain’t going no where, and we ain’t gon stop now cuz it’s
+2   

1 month ago '14        #3
M Jizzle1986 
Props total: 7230 7 K  Slaps total: 411 411
They'll be out of service majority of the time anyway.
+2   

1 month ago '16        #4
AngelTaster 
Props total: 7368 7 K  Slaps total: 475 475
It’s ok cuz they can use mines at the gas stations across the street
+2   

1 month ago '13        #5
jrockex 
Props total: 7932 7 K  Slaps total: 698 698
 antisocial100 said
We ain’t going nowhere, we ain’t going no where, and we ain’t gon stop now cuz it’s
bitcoin for life

+3   

1 month ago '15        #6
DamianDragunov 
Props total: 62235 62 K  Slaps total: 9220 9 K
How do Bitcoin “atms” work?

ATMs usually mean you put your card in and get cash out. What do you get out of a crypto machine?
+3   

1 month ago '13        #7
pizzolini 
Props total: 2553 2 K  Slaps total: 245 245
That’s not a bad idea at all. Before when debit cards weren’t so common, I’d toss my pocket change and singles into a coin jar and save it until I have a couple hundred worth. Then I would take it to a coinstar machine or my bank to get some cash for anything but bills. Too bad I don’t carry cash like that anymore or I’d get some BTC for a trading bot kucoin
+1   

1 month ago '20        #8
Likeaboss38732  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11395 11 K  Slaps total: 847 847
Definitely going to look more into this.. I know a bitcoin will hit for like 7-10 stacks... then you have networking/maintenance fees etc.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+27online now  16
Video inside 800 LBs man meets internet girlfriend IRL
92 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+112online now  15
Image(s) inside Nikola Tesla Predicted the Smartphone and the Internet in 1926
63 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
-65online now  15
Video inside This man has no fear of approaching women! He hollers at every woman he..
242 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+47online now  8
Image(s) inside Bizzy Bone Sends A Message To Gangsta Boo After Versus
97 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy