New Nintendo Switch 2 Report Has Bad News For Current Switch Owners

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '04        #1
1849 page views
18 comments

Da Ill One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 16258 16 K  Slaps total: 1152 1 K
New Nintendo Switch 2 Report Has Bad News For Current Switch Owners

*Nintendo Switch*2, is set to release sometime between holiday 2022 and early 2023. The report comes on the back of months and months of reports about a Nintendo Switch Pro that never fully came to fruition. This month, the Nintendo Switch OLED released, but that's hardly a "Nintendo Switch Pro." That said, while the Nintendo Switch OLED plays every Nintendo Switch game, it sounds like the Nintendo Switch 2 may not.

The new report comes from*Nate the Hate*over on YouTube, a Nintendo insider and leaker that has proven reliable in the past, but a source that has also been off the mark in the past as well. As noted, the report mentions that a release is roughly a year away, give or take a few months. If this is true, an announcement should be coming somewhat soon.*

In addition to leaking the console and its release window, the report also mentions that it currently isn't backwards compatible with Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch Lite, and Nintendo Switch OLED games. Of course, this is bad news for those who own a Switch and any number of games for it. However, according to the report, Nintendo is working on remedying this issue. That said, if this being a problem in the first place is telling.

Adding to this, it's claimed the console will support 4K through Nvidia DLSS, which in turn suggests it won't be far off from the PS5 and Xbox Series X specs-wise, though how it would achieve this while being a portable machine and maintaining a friendly price-point is unclear.*

In terms of salient information, the report doesn't divulge much else of note other than claiming that development kits for the console started going out to studios and developers last year, which may explain why we've been hearing so much about a "Nintendo Switch Pro" since 2020.

All of that said, take everything here with a grain of salt. Not only is everything here 100 percent unofficial, but it's also subject to change. In other words, all of this could be accurate right now, but that doesn't mean it will stay that way. Things constantly change in game development, and the same goes for console development

visit this link https://comicbook-com.cdn .. rt-bad-news%2F

For the record I seriously doubt this is true, but just in case Nintendo becomes stupid as fu*k yall heard it here first.

Last edited by Da Ill One; 10-22-2021 at 06:41 PM..

best
worst
18 comments

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 86390 86 K  Slaps total: 30992 30 K
Not surprising at all. They have no reason to move on from the Switch yet

1 month ago '06        #3
d4deesnuts 
Props total: 10830 10 K  Slaps total: 1119 1 K
That would suck but I also only got like 5-6 games for the switch. sh*t been collecting dust. Just want that botw2 and that sh*t better be playable on the og switch.
+9   

1 month ago '20        #4
WYH 
Props total: 254 254  Slaps total: 29 29
Nintendo has a chance at re-releasing an improved switch every other year, almost like samsung and apple phones come out annually. Just make minor improvements every two years and you have the next century in the bag Nintendo!!!
+5   

1 month ago '12        #5
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6136 6 K  Slaps total: 1021 1 K
Yeah I saw this. Nintendo needs to make the switch the gameboy replacement not like it already isnt and do a traditional system. fu*king nintendo is their own worst enemy. if they dropped a platform that competed with xbox and sony in terms of visuals and upgraded the servers to compete with psn and xbox live. Playstation and xbox would have a real problem on their hands. xbox more than sony because in terms of first party xbox is probably a bit behind the pack honestly . But you know Nintendo will Nintendo.
+6   

1 month ago '05        #6
blackninja 
Props total: 23211 23 K  Slaps total: 2349 2 K
All of that said, take everything here with a grain of salt.
+4   

1 month ago '04        #7
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3852 3 K  Slaps total: 674 674
They've been talking about a new switch pro every 2 weeks for the last 2 years...all they put out was an oled screen

Nintendo is waiting for them last gen level chips to get cheap as fu*k and portable size, they ain't ever paying for up to date hardware ever again and gonna stick with the hybrid system
+4   

1 month ago '04        #8
Ghostface 
Props total: 913 913  Slaps total: 208 208
 d4deesnuts said
That would suck but I also only got like 5-6 games for the switch. sh*t been collecting dust. Just want that botw2 and that sh*t better be playable on the og switch.
Check the history books, they drag out Zelda games so much that they are almost always available on 2 consoles. Twilight Princess was dragged out so long that when it finally released on the GameCube, the Nintendo Wii came out like a week after and the game was available for the Wii at launch with better graphics. Breath of the Wild was dragged out so much that when it came out on the Wii U the Switch came out almost right after and BotW was also on the switch with better graphics. I got a strong feeling BotW2 is going to come out on the switch and whatever the new console will be called, at the same time.
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #9
 halochicken said
Yeah I saw this. Nintendo needs to make the switch the gameboy replacement not like it already isnt and do a traditional system. fu*king nintendo is their own worst enemy. if they dropped a platform that competed with xbox and sony in terms of visuals and upgraded the servers to compete with psn and xbox live. Playstation and xbox would have a real problem on their hands. xbox more than sony because in terms of first party xbox is probably a bit behind the pack honestly . But you know Nintendo will Nintendo.
Switch is selling like hotcakes following the Wii U flopping like crazy and your dumbass talking about they need to make another traditional system to compete with MS and Sony

This post proves this section lives in their own little bubble

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #10
That sh*t got 6 props too lmfao

1 month ago '17        #11
Pretty Tone 
Props total: 49899 49 K  Slaps total: 4152 4 K
About to waster my bread on a steam deck like I don't have a 300 game backlog
+2   

1 month ago '14        #12
NewLegends  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18077 18 K  Slaps total: 2503 2 K
We do this sh*t every couple of months
+1   

1 month ago '13        #13
diamondsxmoney 
Props total: 21746 21 K  Slaps total: 933 933
I think people keep forgetting the install base of the original switch, this sh*t has another 5 years of life EASILY. n*gga they just put Sora in smash you know how many people probably just bought a switch for that alone
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #14
 diamondsxmoney said
I think people keep forgetting the install base of the original switch, this sh*t has another 5 years of life EASILY. n*gga they just put Sora in smash you know how many people probably just bought a switch for that alone
I honestly don’t think these bozos really paying attention. Their line of thinking starts and stops at “I don’t like the Switch, so they need a new one” lmao

1 month ago '08        #15
Lot17 
Props total: 5746 5 K  Slaps total: 1158 1 K
Tbh I personally don't care for backwards compatibility. I grew up in a time where my snes couldn't play nes games or my n64 couldn't play snes games

1 month ago '04        #16
jsmooth-117 
Props total: 41060 41 K  Slaps total: 4193 4 K
I’ll rock with my OG switch 2 pro controllers and 6 games and be content.

fu*k these companies and their shady a*s business practices trying to get people to unnecessarily upgrade their system when their sh*t still works fine

1 month ago '04        #17
booie4 
Props total: 6034 6 K  Slaps total: 439 439
 SPdaGOAT said
Switch is selling like hotcakes following the Wii U flopping like crazy and your dumbass talking about they need to make another traditional system to compete with MS and Sony

This post proves this section lives in their own little bubble
It never fails. They played the power game with the GameCube and failed big time. Hell that system cemented the reason why them playing the power game is stupid. Which was Nintendo is a kiddy system. They will never escape that perception. The days of 2 different systems from them are dead. Also they struggled and still are developing games for two systems.
+2   

1 month ago '16        #18
Reign 
Props total: 218 218  Slaps total: 70 70
 halochicken said
they tried the traditional console stuff with the n64 and gamecube and got stomped by playstation those gen so they moved to quirky in the wii which sold alot and won the ps3, 360 gen in terms of sales but when the wii u came out the quirkiness lost its hype which lead to a short lifespan of that console with abysmal sales

so they go back to the drawing board and seen hey sony and xbox cant compete with us in the handheld market so lets make a hybrid console with the switch and it worked really well, this is the best strategy for nintendo to rake in profits as hardcore gamers we want a powerful nintendo console to compete with ps5 and seriesx but the general public of gamers dont care they only see them as a handheld company and the other consoles as true home entertainment gaming systems, they had no other choice but to switch up their strategy to make money they dont wanna end up like sega
+1   

1 month ago '04        #19
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 31587 31 K  Slaps total: 3175 3 K
fu*k nintendo. Never upgrading this beast. Who want it $2k for modded switch.

Matter fact $5k in this bi*ch all the games.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  33
Video inside Viral rappers 'Island boys' push cryptocurrency raising concern about r..
31 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+73online now  29
Checking in on the Brady made Belichick narrative
87 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+103online now  29
I've seen Scarface over 10,000+ times and I just now realized what Tony said!
86 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+27online now  20
Anthony Edwards says Jimmy Butler is a fake tough guy
30 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy