Doc Rivers said I couldn’t be a PG on a championship team and y’all wonder why I not ready

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+25  62
38 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 month ago '20        #1
2246 page views
57 comments

NamelessONE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 5807 5 K  Slaps total: 1403 1 K
Doc Rivers said I couldn’t be a PG on a championship team and y’all wonder why I not ready

Doc let his words get the best of him and he deserves some blame in this situation
+20   

best
worst
57 comments

1 month ago '11        #2
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 54788 54 K  Slaps total: 5508 5 K
If Ben was playing up to expectations, Doc wouldn't have a reason to have made the statement, lol!
+24   

1 month ago '18        #3
PooPoopops  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 16494 16 K  Slaps total: 13187 13 K
Ben shoots worse than middle schoolers. He shouldn't even be in the league. The 76ers are a terrible organization and the city of Philadelphia overall is a piece of dogsh*t.
+10   

1 month ago '17        #4
DonC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 33496 33 K  Slaps total: 17663 17 K
 Sinamatik CFR said
If Ben was playing up to expectations, Doc wouldn't have a reason to have made the statement, lol!
No thats not how it works...Doc should get rid of him if he said it.....

sh*t is like calling your wife, a big ol fat ugly pig in public/national TV and wonder why she wants out/a divorce....and you saying "Hell No, we took these vows and you gon stay right here..or may be until I find another chic" lol

If you say you cant win with your pg in public then you have to get rid of him or let him go...

Last edited by DonC; 10-22-2021 at 05:09 PM..
+23   

1 month ago '08        #5
EMER1TUS 
Props total: 39885 39 K  Slaps total: 6217 6 K
I’m not Blaming Doc for this n*gga “not wanting” to shoot.

BS been babied the last 10 years and what you see is a spoiled a*s n*gga who feelings get hurt when rightfully criticized
+14   

1 month ago '10        #6
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 92810 92 K  Slaps total: 19920 19 K
 DonC said

sh*t is like calling your wife, a big ol fat ugly pig in public/national TV and wonder why she wants out/a divorce....and you saying hell "No, we took these vows and you gon stay right here..or may be until I find another chic" lol

If you say you cant win with your pg in public then you have to get rid of him or let him go...
You pay your wife 180 million to be your wife?

yall n*ggas think Ben is cute
+8   

1 month ago '17        #7
 Nautilus O said
You pay your wife 180 million to be your wife?

yall n*ggas think Ben is cute
Use logic and stop jiving....

If you say you cant win with your starting pg or qb then you need to get rid of him...doesnt matter how much you pay him!
+5   

1 month ago '12        #8
goodkidmadworld 
Props total: 15955 15 K  Slaps total: 896 896
Doc rivers defended Ben 19/20 times and the 20th time he said “idk” now all of a sudden he threw Ben under the bus
+16   

1 month ago '11        #9
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 54788 54 K  Slaps total: 5508 5 K
 DonC said

sh*t is like calling your wife, a big ol fat ugly pig in public/national TV and wonder why she wants out/a divorce....and you saying hell "No, we took these vows and you gon stay right here..or may be until I find another chic" lol

He's not marketable enough to trade for his salary... No one out there even cares abt this situation to make offers right now, lol!

Bottom Line, however you wanna spin it all... if Ben was playing up to his potential, these type of comments wouldn't have to be made.
+1   

1 month ago '19        #10
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 50834 50 K  Slaps total: 5207 5 K
Doc specifically said point guard for a reason!!!! If he's not gonna look to score on his own he needs to play off the ball with his teammates setting him up for easy looks.

He can play SF or PF because pass-first PGs that can't shoot is no longer an option in today's NBA.

As far as point-forwards go, Ben is closer to Draymond than LeBron and honestly I'd trust Dray to hit a bucket over Ben right now.
+6   

1 month ago '17        #11
 Sinamatik CFR said
He's not marketable enough to trade for his salary... No one out there even cares abt this situation to make offers right now, lol!

Bottom Line, however you wanna spin it all... if Ben was playing up to his potential, these type of comments wouldn't have to be made.
...no, Philly not trading because they dont want what other teams are willing to give them for Ben....not that there is no one out there to make an offer. There is a difference LOL

Bottom line is, Philly/Doc said they cant win with him and they still want a dollar for a dollar trade after destroying the marketability of said player.
I have nothing against what Doc said, but once he said it....he has to act accordingly and get rid of the player. The toothpaste is out of the tube....

And we won't even get into how this whole thing absolved Doc from his own criticism of losing another series where he was up 3-1....because now, all the focus is on Ben!
+2   

1 month ago '17        #12
 EMER1TUS said
I’m not Blaming Doc for this n*gga “not wanting” to shoot.

BS been babied the last 10 years and what you see is a spoiled a*s n*gga who feelings get hurt when rightfully criticized
No one should blame Doc for Ben's weakness of not shooting....but we also shouldn't lose focus on the fact that Doc lost another series where he was up 3-1....and he cant hide by deflecting to Ben because many of us, including many analysts wanted him to take Ben out of many of those games where they needed a PG that can shoot a lick to help the offense.

But dumbass Doc stuck with Ben, game after game during the playoffs even as Ben stunk up the joint....and then after Doc lost another 3-1 series, they want to hide under Ben's atrociousness like Doc didnt fu*k sh*t up too...some of us gotto hold Doc accountable as well!
+5   

1 month ago '20        #13
Die in Houston  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18341 18 K  Slaps total: 1697 1 K
Let him get his mind right so he can back with the team. He’s not leaving Philly.
+1   

1 month ago '21        #14
RagnarRogers225 
Props total: 9273 9 K  Slaps total: 1969 1 K
 DonC said

sh*t is like calling your wife, a big ol fat ugly pig in public/national TV and wonder why she wants out/a divorce....and you saying "Hell No, we took these vows and you gon stay right here..or may be until I find another chic" lol

Trade him where lol nobody wants Ben and that contract y’all keep say trade him trade him lmao nobody wants him

1 month ago '17        #15
 RagnarRogers225 said
Trade him where lol nobody wants Ben and that contract y’all keep say trade him trade him lmao nobody wants him
Ok let me try again.....

Nobody wants him for the price Philly wants to trade him at....if Philly lowers their demand, many teams will try to grab him. That's Philly's problem...they contributed in exposing a guy that shouldn't have been in those crucial playoffs situation because we all know this fool doesnt shoot...I know it, you know it..the world knows it, Ben himself knows it but yet and still, Doc stuck with him...this sh*t is on Philly/Doc, and now they want a great offer for a player they said they cant win with...who is going to give them a great offer? Nobody...

But if they reduce their demand considerably, many teams will go for it...this sh*t is not rocket science lol
+3   

1 month ago '21        #16
Tinfoil Kufi 
Props total: 3908 3 K  Slaps total: 1270 1 K
 Sinamatik CFR said
He was being disrespectful...I wouldn't talk about a dog in the street the way doc and Joel was talking about Ben in the media.
+5   

1 month ago '10        #17
trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35
Props total: 116977 116 K  Slaps total: 12679 12 K
if opponents intentionally foul your point guard cause they know he don't like the free throw line you might wanna move him to another position. who's primary ballhandler shoots 34% from the free throw line during the playoffs? tacko fall could make that percentage
+2   

1 month ago '05        #18
ElQueHablaSucio 
Props total: 16688 16 K  Slaps total: 4364 4 K
This is the 100th thread on Ben..Jesus christ, there's no need to make a daily thread on this n*gga. Unless that n*gga develops a jump shot overnight. There's nothing more to say.
+2   

1 month ago '21        #19
RagnarRogers225 
Props total: 9273 9 K  Slaps total: 1969 1 K
 DonC said
Ok let me try again.....

Nobody wants him for the price Philly wants to trade him at....if Philly lowers their demand, many teams will try to grab him. That's Philly's problem...they contributed in exposing a guy that shouldn't have been in those crucial playoffs situation because we all know this fool doesnt shoot...I know it, you know it..the world knows it, Ben himself knows it but yet and still, Doc stuck with him...this sh*t is on Philly/Doc, and now they want a great offer for a player they said they cant win with...who is going to give them a great offer? Nobody...

But if they reduce their demand considerably, many teams will go for it...this sh*t is not rocket science lol
So what trade is there to make you seem to think it’s a high demand for a point guard who can’t shoot with a 100 million dollar contract so what team what trade package cause I don’t see any maybe Orlando

1 month ago '20        #20
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 43425 43 K  Slaps total: 14639 14 K
That was immature and Terrible example of letting your emotions get the best of you....Doc Rivers is a terrible coach....

He's as much to blame as Ben Simmons....you the head coach, it's your job to put the 5 players on the court that give you the best chance to win at whatever moment in the game you are currently in....Doc knew in those situations Ben being on the floor wasn't best for the team, but he was to big of a bi*ch to bench his star player.....

Now to the comments, no matter if it's how you feel or not, you never destroy a player that bad in the media....YOU CAN'T WIN WITH HIM is what you said...but now you have to motivate other players to perform with a guy that you told them you have no chance of winning with, that's just bad coaching
+3   

1 month ago '07        #21
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39224 39 K  Slaps total: 17513 17 K
 Sinamatik CFR said
Doc Rivers is a terrible coach.
+1   

1 month ago '07        #22
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39224 39 K  Slaps total: 17513 17 K
 Tweezy12 said
That was immature and Terrible example of letting your emotions get the best of you....Doc Rivers is a terrible coach....

He's as much to blame as Ben Simmons....you the head coach, it's your job to put the 5 players on the court that give you the best chance to win at whatever moment in the game you are currently in....Doc knew in those situations Ben being on the floor wasn't best for the team, but he was to big of a bi*ch to bench his star player.....

Now to the comments, no matter if it's how you feel or not, you never destroy a player that bad in the media....YOU CAN'T WIN WITH HIM is what you said...but now you have to motivate other players to perform with a guy that you told them you have no chance of winning with, that's just bad coaching
Hahahahahaha I agree especially that first paragraph
+2   

1 month ago '15        #23
GrantMoses79 
Props total: 10802 10 K  Slaps total: 177 177

+2   

1 month ago '14        #24
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 216380 216 K  Slaps total: 26013 26 K
 NamelessONE said
Doc let his words get the best of him and he deserves some blame in this situation
 DonC said

goodkidmadworld said
Doc rivers defended Ben 19/20 times and the 20th time he said “idk” now all of a sudden he threw Ben under the bus
@ is correct Doc never said he couldn’t, he said he didn’t know the answer to the question

Doc is an old school coach, this wasn’t a diss but a coach challenging his alleged star player. Phil Jackson used to always challenge his stars in the media, he did it with all of them and all of them responded on the court. Ben took Docs comments to heart and got emotional about them because he’s insecure in his own abilities to be a leader and lead a team to the promised land. This is why Dic said he didn’t know because Ben hasn’t showed the ability to be a leader. Ben has to show it, not just live off what ifs and potential possibilities

1 month ago '17        #25
n8bombay 
Props total: 518 518  Slaps total: 121 121
 NamelessONE said
doc shouldnt have said what he said. but he asked if he thinks they can win a chamionship with ben at pg. he said "i dont know" . people making it out like he flat out said "no" when thats not what happened. check the tape.

ben has a right to be slightly annoyed. but his reaction was so over the top and counterproductive. sixers reached out to him about wokring with a shooting coach, he agreed, then changed his mind and decided to continue to hire his brother as his shooting coach.

its a players league for sure, and you have to coddle your stars to a certain degree, but nine times outta ten that star youre coddling has earned those perks and work harder than mot of this teammates. this isnt the case. i commend morey for not budging and giving the spoiled entitled, (lazy), brat the trade he wanted.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+52online now  13
Video inside Hell Rell GOES OFF on b*tches he's Cash App'd for not inviting him over..
185 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+192online now  8
Video inside Cute chick from work
173 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+77online now  7
Klay gotta mentally hold it together mane, wont leave bench. Sad ASF.
124 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  5
Nov 26 - A record number of Americans say they won’t be buying holiday gifts t..
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy