Why doesn’t Yu Yu Hakusho get the same love as other anime’s

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+23  82
38 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '18        #1
1618 page views
55 comments

RazorRaheem 
Props total: 579 579  Slaps total: 33 33
Why doesn’t Yu Yu Hakusho get the same love as other anime’s

We always hear about Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, Inyuasha, Cowboy Bebop, JoJo, and various other legendary anime, but Yu Yu gets overlooked every time. It didn’t really hit me until I was talking with my younger cousin and his friend and they brought all those other anime’s. When I hit them with Yu Yu they looked at me like I was crazy and I just shook my damn head����. The younger generation doesn’t even know what Yu Yu is and it got to the point where they started naming whole other anime’s that came a decade after placing them in the goat conversation. Why is Yu Yu Hakusho so disrespected and pushed aside.

Yu Yu in my opinion had one of the strongest tournament arcs in any anime series. And that seems to be the consensus when you ask other older anime watchers. So why is their tournament arc so respected and acknowledged, but every thing before or after that specific arc disregarded. Help me understand put some respect on Yusuke’s name damn it.
+45   

best
worst
55 comments

1 month ago '10        #2
Black Excellence  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 72017 72 K  Slaps total: 7538 7 K
Yu Yu gets named a LOT but……as far as the younger generation more than likely I’d say…it’s the slow beginning.

I love the show, it’s personally my favorite anime of all time…but that first season was slow as a motherfu*k & every time I’ve talked to someone about the show they bring up they haven’t made it to the dark tournament yet cuz it’s slow.
+23   

1 month ago '10        #3
Blkboipurp 
Props total: 23848 23 K  Slaps total: 1888 1 K
A great show that actually knows how to use its supporting characters and not sh!t on them (DBZ)
+20   

1 month ago '15        #4
redcodeinesyrup 
Props total: 9198 9 K  Slaps total: 3899 3 K
its so great urameshi was reincarnated into gon

real anime fans know about YYH

its the anime posers who just know

dbz,naruto,pokemon and yugioh

who don tknow

theres a difference

ps hiei is the goat
+11   

1 month ago '18        #5
RazorRaheem  OP
 Black Excellence said
Yu Yu gets named a LOT but……as far as the younger generation more than likely I’d say…it’s the slow beginning.

I love the show, it’s personally my favorite anime of all time…but that first season was slow as a motherfu*k & every time I’ve talked to someone about the show they bring up they haven’t made it to the dark tournament yet cuz it’s slow.
I agree with 95% of what you said, but the statement about Yu Yu getting names a lot is something I just can’t back. Yu Yu is treated like the bastard child on the anime world. One of my reasonings is the series had very few games that were any good. I noticed more so that the anime’s people talk about especially in the mainstream have the better games. Yu if i remember only had one game and that was back in the PS2 era and it was terrible. Japan got the better games and I think it shows because they have a bit more respect for Yu Yu than Americans do in my opinion.
+1   

1 month ago '13        #6
hoodnurd 
Props total: 3794 3 K  Slaps total: 563 563
It ended too early imo how you find out you’re a demon knockoff the old spirit detective and it’s over after that there should’ve been wayyyy more to that series. Like home the mom who’s a alcoholic and smokes like a sauna not know she was fu*kin a demon king. What annoys me with a bunch of animes is the markings on the skin and the hair growing longer those are the lamest transformations. Yu yu easily holds a top 5 with me being no lower than 3rd.
+4   

1 month ago '14        #7
Bill Wallace  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 26518 26 K  Slaps total: 1472 1 K

+3   

1 month ago '11        #8
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 29292 29 K  Slaps total: 4086 4 K
they should remaster this like they did hunter x hunter. Then they can add on to the end like everyone wants, even if the original artist isnt up to it.
+2   

1 month ago '11        #9
tfc1193 
Props total: 6083 6 K  Slaps total: 1439 1 K
Nah it's regarded as one of if not the best anime of it's era. It's definitely my favorite of that time

1 month ago '16        #10
Head Coach 
Props total: 11697 11 K  Slaps total: 1025 1 K
 Black Excellence said

Ah that's what it is then, I started and stopped watchin this anime twice but never made it too deep

The characters seem cool and I always hear this is 1 of the best animes but I just always found myself not paying attention n having to rewatch the episodes

Guess I'll try again

1 month ago '11        #11
Da Truth23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 22731 22 K  Slaps total: 3174 3 K
Show had no fillers. Top 2
+7   

1 month ago '11        #12
Blinx 182 
Props total: 9823 9 K  Slaps total: 2852 2 K
Too repetitive.
+1   

1 month ago '13        #13
cosmosd10 
Props total: 61 61  Slaps total: 0 0
Goat anime series

1 month ago '15        #14
screwhead501  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1707 1 K  Slaps total: 346 346
it's a B level shounen in terms of popularity compared to dbz and naruto

1 month ago '14        #15
Hoodsta1e11 
Props total: 10965 10 K  Slaps total: 1643 1 K
It's crazy cuz I know a lot of dudes me like Yu Yu is better than dB and the we was supposed to get a continuation all I saw was an oav it was good too but I need more
+1   

1 month ago '09        #16
BKTerror45 
Props total: 1063 1 K  Slaps total: 78 78
sh*t is the GOAT anime for me
+1   

1 month ago '15        #17
Black Larry 
Props total: 16242 16 K  Slaps total: 1408 1 K
Yu yu gets love. The ending was type trash. Felt rushed. I watched with my son. One of the best tournaments in anime that I've seen. After the tournament it's like they ram out of ideas and had to make something up for another season. Iykyk tho.
+3   

1 month ago '05        #18
A~team 
Props total: 13550 13 K  Slaps total: 2464 2 K
I wouldnt mind a modern day retelling of the story that is faithful to the manga till the very end. Let mappa do it.
+1   

1 month ago '07        #19
MOTTAFOOKAH 
Props total: 2914 2 K  Slaps total: 472 472
Check the avy…… anyone who knows already knows the deal… one of the better english dubs too
+7   

1 month ago '18        #20
RazorRaheem  OP
 Black Larry said
Yu yu gets love. The ending was type trash. Felt rushed. I watched with my son. One of the best tournaments in anime that I've seen. After the tournament it's like they ram out of ideas and had to make something up for another season. Iykyk tho.
That’s exactly what I mentioned every argues that it has the best tournament arc in anime period over every other anime. But after that many people just didn’t resonate with the following arcs it’s really shocking thing to understand, but you at least have a reasoning you felt it was thrown together.
+2   

1 month ago '08        #21
ExNihilo 
Props total: 42802 42 K  Slaps total: 693 693
YYH gets respect, but it doesn't get love, if you know what I mean.

I respect where it stands(stood) in the culture when it dropped, but personally it came down to the art style for me. It looked like Macross (imo) and I was probably more into art back then, than story.

When I think Goat old school anime, I usually go to: Vampire Hunter D/Bloodlust, One Piece (99), DB, Cowboy Bebop and Ninja Scroll since they were pre 2000.

All my statements are opinions, and I'm definitely accepting of everyone else's.
+3   

1 month ago '15        #22
Kehinde 
Props total: 6869 6 K  Slaps total: 2098 2 K
 MOTTAFOOKAH said
Check the avy…… anyone who knows already knows the deal… one of the better english dubs too
I've been wanting to watch it but Hulu only has the eng dub and I'm a big sub fan, and haven't watched it for that reason. You think the voice acting or dialogue is good in the dub?

1 month ago '12        #23
goodkidmadworld 
Props total: 16103 16 K  Slaps total: 903 903
Yu Yu gets plenty of love, all the anime loving n*ggas from age 25-32 praise the sh*t out of it
+5   

1 month ago '04        #24
VictoryThagr8 
Props total: 8963 8 K  Slaps total: 1688 1 K
 hoodnurd said
It ended too early imo how you find out you’re a demon knockoff the old spirit detective and it’s over after that there should’ve been wayyyy more to that series. Like home the mom who’s a alcoholic and smokes like a sauna not know she was fu*kin a demon king. What annoys me with a bunch of animes is the markings on the skin and the hair growing longer those are the lamest transformations. Yu yu easily holds a top 5 with me being no lower than 3rd.
Remember the guy who created YYH also created hiatus x hiatus

YYH also suffered alot of hiatus issue.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #25
Muggz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19167 19 K  Slaps total: 5386 5 K
i don’t know but u n*ggas is kinda weirdos. i ain’t heard a single person out in real life talkin bout Yu Yus and chinaman cartoons. but u n*ggas on here love that sh*t lol

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  31
Video inside Sandra Bullock Admits She Isn’t As ‘Woke’ As She Thought Parenting 2 Bl..
82 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+102online now  25
Deion invited Brittany Renner to speak to his team
189 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  19
Zion Williamson suffers "setback" and return has been delayed