Oct 21 - end of the world: The shortages hitting countries around the world

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
18 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

1 month ago '20        #1
5813 page views
90 comments

rapper4  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 12172 12 K  Slaps total: 16455 16 K
Oct 21 - end of the world: The shortages hitting countries around the world

Around the the world, people and businesses are facing shortages of everything from coffee to coal.

Disruption caused by the Covid pandemic is mostly to blame - but there are many factors, and effects are being felt in different ways.

visit this link https://www.bbc.com/news/ .. =pocket-newtab

1.China: Coal and paper

A "perfect storm" in China is hitting shoppers and businesses at home and overseas.

It is affecting everything from paper, food, textiles and toys to iPhone chips, says Dr Michal Meidan from the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies.

She says these items "may end up being in short supply this Christmas".

The problem stems mainly from an electricity crisis, during which more than 20 provinces have experienced power cuts.

More than half of the country's electricity comes from coal, which has risen in price worldwide. These costs can't be passed on to Chinese consumers because of a strict price cap, so energy companies are reducing output.

Coal production has also been hit by new safety checks at mines, stricter environmental rules and recent flooding, says Dr Meidan.

It means that even as demand for Chinese goods surges, factories have been asked to reduce energy use or close on some days.

US: Toys and toilet paper

At Christmas, "there will be things that people can't get", a White House official has warned.

Stocks of toys will be affected, as could staples such as toilet paper and bottled water, new clothes and pet food.

Part of the problem is a bottleneck at US ports. Four out of 10 shipping containers entering the US come through just two ports - in Los Angeles and Long Beach, California.

On one day in September, a record 73 ships were forced to queue outside Los Angeles port. Before Covid, it was unusual for more than one to be waiting.

Both ports have now moved to a 24/7 operation to help ease the pressures.

Why are so many ships queuing to get to the US?

In some cases, shortages have also been caused by ongoing Covid-related problems in other countries.

American sportswear giant Nike, for example, makes many of its products in southeast Asian countries such as Vietnam, where factories have been closed.

Even when goods are produced, delivering them to retailers has become more difficult, says Prof Willy Shih of Harvard Business School.

There has been a surge in spending by US consumers, but disruption at factories, ports and "overloaded" road and rail networks have created a bottleneck, he says.

India: Cars and computer chips

India's biggest car manufacturer, Maruti Suzuki, has seen production plummet, partly because of a global shortage of computer chips.

These chips manage features such as engine supply and emergency braking.

The shortage has been driven by pandemic-related disruption in countries such as Japan and South Korea.

Global demand for the chips - which are also used in phones and computers - was already rising before the pandemic, because of the adoption of 5G technology. The shift to home-working led to another rise in demand, as people needed work laptops or webcams.

The shortage of components coming into India has been made worse by the country's own energy disruption.

Coal stocks are running dangerously low. The economy picked up after India's deadly second wave of Covid-19, leading to an increase in demand for energy. But global coal prices increased and India's imports fell.

The impact has been widespread, said Zohra Chatterji, the former Chief of Coal India Limited.

"The entire manufacturing sector - cement, steel, construction - everything gets impacted once there is a coal shortage."

Families in India will be hit too, say experts, as electricity prices increase. High inflation means the price of essentials such as food and oil are already up.

visit this link https://www.bbc.com/news/ .. =pocket-newtab

Last edited by rapper4; 10-21-2021 at 06:57 PM..

best
worst
90 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
rapper4  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19 OP
stock up and pray to god that we can surivived this winter time and early spring.

man thank god i still got about 8 big rolls of toliet tissues.

i just lost my ssi payeeship and legal guridan battle so i cannot be incharge of my own money

so i this sucks man.

better start removing some of the candy and stock up on some meat too in the deep freezer.

1 month ago '20        #3
so the court investigator just clown me for having 3 mini freeizers and refrigerators and been scared of a alpoycalse or stocking up or hoarding food and household essentials. looks who winning now.

1 month ago '20        #4
anybody know what items i should stock up on for the winter time.

1 month ago '20        #5
4. Brazil: Coffee and water

Brazil's most severe drought in almost a century is partly to blame for a disappointing coffee harvest this year.

Combined with frosts and the natural cycle of harvests, it has contributed to a significant fall in coffee production.

With most of the country's electricity coming from hydroelectric power using reservoirs, the lack of water is having a direct impact on the country's energy supply.

As energy prices go up, the authorities are asking people to limit their electricity use to avoid rationing. The energy minister said that government agencies had been asked to reduce their electricity use by 20%, according to the Washington Post.

5.Nigeria: Cooking gas

Nigeria is experiencing shortages of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), which is mainly used for cooking.

This is despite the country having the largest natural gas reserves in Africa

The price of LPG rose by almost 60% between April and July, pushing it beyond the reach of many Nigerians.

As a result, households and businesses turned to much dirtier charcoal, or firewood, for cooking.

The challenges for coffee producers have been made worse by high shipping costs and a shortage of containers.

Their rising costs will be passed onto cafes across the world, as Brazil is the largest producer and exporter of coffee.

1 month ago '20        #6
One of the reasons for the price hike is a global shortage in supply - the country still depends on imported LNG.

The situation is likely have been made worse by the depreciation of the currency and re-introduction of taxes on LNG.

Experts warn that the shortage could have alarming health and environmental implications, as people turn to cheaper but more dangerous fuel alternatives.

6. Lebanon: Water and medicines

There are concerns about shortages of water, medicines and fuel in Lebanon.

For the past 18 months the country has endured an economic crisis, which has pushed three-quarters of its population into poverty, crippled its currency and sparked major demonstrations against the government and Lebanon's political system.

The country's economy already had problems before Covid hit. But the pandemic has made things worse.

Fuel shortages have led to frequent electricity outages, leaving businesses and families reliant on expensive private electricity diesel generators if they can afford it.

In August, UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Lebanon Najat Rochdi said she was "deeply concerned about the impact of the fuel crisis on access to health care and water supply for millions of people in Lebanon".

Fuel shortages have led to frequent electricity outages, leaving businesses and families reliant on expensive private electricity diesel generators if they can afford it.

In August, UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Lebanon Najat Rochdi said she was "deeply concerned about the impact of the fuel crisis on access to health care and water supply for millions of people in Lebanon".

Last edited by rapper4; 10-21-2021 at 06:56 PM..

1 month ago '20        #7
@ @ @ @ @ @

@ Avon_Barksdale

@ @ @ @ @
@

@

@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
@

@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
report Quick reply to this message Multi-Quote This Message reply
@

@9shots @ @ @ @

@ @ @ @ @ Mattnutz114 mrbond416 @ @
@ plexaholic Rafael100 @
@ samclo Skinsfan112 @ @ @
@

1 month ago '11        #8
BaseWhitaker 
Props total: 29710 29 K  Slaps total: 4348 4 K
Ahhhh man the United States certainly is suffering from widespread Mental Illness, Outchea.
+58   

1 month ago '14        #9
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 155142 155 K  Slaps total: 35391 35 K
 rapper4 said
stock up and pray to god that we can surivived this winter time and early spring.

man thank god i still got about 8 big rolls of toliet tissues.

i just lost my ssi payeeship and legal guridan battle so i cannot be incharge of my own money

so i this sucks man.

better start removing some of the candy and stock up on some meat too in the deep freezer.
Damn sorry to hear that brother, you were doing so well on the independent grind

Definitely get rid of the candy, you should try low carb
+5   

1 month ago '21        #10
FRAZZELDRIP 
Props total: 6153 6 K  Slaps total: 2510 2 K
Everything to do with the Biden administration and globalists
not the scamdemic.

1 month ago '11        #11
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 29013 29 K  Slaps total: 4054 4 K
Can they just tell us we are at war already? Tired of this bullsh*t.
+19   

1 month ago '17        #12
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 96064 96 K  Slaps total: 27384 27 K
 FRAZZELDRIP said
Everything to do with the Biden administration and globalists
not the scamdemic.
Does mommy check under your bed for globalists every night? Is there anything you're not scared of or does fear dictate your entire life?
+13   

1 month ago '15        #13
DamianDragunov 
Props total: 61639 61 K  Slaps total: 9165 9 K
 rapper4 said
so the court investigator just clown me for having 3 mini freeizers and refrigerators and been scared of a alpoycalse or stocking up or hoarding food and household essentials. looks who winning now.

+8   

1 month ago '09        #14
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x72
Props total: 244362 244 K  Slaps total: 27083 27 K
 rapper4 said
anybody know what items i should stock up on for the winter time.

you dont need to post 7 times in a row
+12   

1 month ago '18        #15
CurryDaGoat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 28081 28 K  Slaps total: 15806 15 K
Oh no America isn’t short on toys!!! End times are here!
+14   

1 month ago '04        #16
mefman 
Props total: 24 24  Slaps total: 3 3
 rapper4 said
Around the the world, people and businesses are facing shortages of everything from coffee to coal.

Disruption caused by the Covid pandemic is mostly to blame - but there are many factors, and effects are being felt in different ways.

1.China: Coal and paper

A "perfect storm" in China is hitting shoppers and businesses at home and overseas.

It is affecting everything from paper, food, textiles and toys to iPhone chips, says Dr Michal Meidan from the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies.

She says these items "may end up being in short supply this Christmas".

The problem stems mainly from an electricity crisis, during which more than 20 provinces have experienced power cuts.

More than half of the country's electricity comes from coal, which has risen in price worldwide. These costs can't be passed on to Chinese consumers because of a strict price cap, so energy companies are reducing output.

Coal production has also been hit by new safety checks at mines, stricter environmental rules and recent flooding, says Dr Meidan.

It means that even as demand for Chinese goods surges, factories have been asked to reduce energy use or close on some days.

They are short on coal because Australia called them out on some of their bullsh*t so they cracked the sh*ts and stopped buying coal from Australia. So they started buying coal from a few other countries, some of which bought it via Australia then sold it to China at higher prices. Now they are finding out why they need Australia more than they thought. Same thing with a few other items they stopped buying from Australia.
+14   

1 month ago '06        #17
Verdict  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8559 8 K  Slaps total: 1438 1 K
I have over a year of supplies, food, water, and especially toilet paper

[EDIT] Licensed to carry as well

Last edited by Verdict; 10-21-2021 at 08:52 PM..
+14   

1 month ago '07        #18
castro  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 26341 26 K  Slaps total: 5230 5 K
BUNCH OF DOOM AND GLOOM WEIRDOS IN HERE LOL

talking about shortage of coffee
+3   

1 month ago '14        #19
NYSTATEOFMIND 
Props total: 12002 12 K  Slaps total: 760 760
Ima stock up on toilet paper but if a shortage is coming...ima run up in all these office building bathrooms and jack they tp
+4   

1 month ago '11        #20
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 55953 55 K  Slaps total: 40795 40 K
why is that rapper4 n*gga in here talking to himself?
+20   

1 month ago '06        #21
 castro said
BUNCH OF DOOM AND GLOOM WEIRDOS IN HERE LOL

talking about shortage of coffee
It's still better to be prepared than to get caught unprepared. Cause when you realize "I need to stock up" will be the same time millions of others will realize that they need to stock up.

Better to get it now when there aren't any lines at the stores and shelves are full than to be behind 1000's waiting to get whatever is left... if ever that time comes.

Last edited by Verdict; 10-21-2021 at 09:11 PM..
+8   

1 month ago '04        #22
SharkyLocz408 
Props total: 242 242  Slaps total: 45 45
This been forewarned.

Conspiracy theorists up 1000+
+10   

1 month ago '06        #23
 SharkyLocz408 said
This been forewarned.

Conspiracy theorists up 1000+
Lol no the fu*k they not, you idiots are still waiting on one conspiracy, anything, to finally say you guys were right about something.

When it comes to being completely wrong, yall are batting a 1000

+5   

1 month ago '15        #24
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 78248 78 K  Slaps total: 7195 7 K
Immediately see 7 ignored posts at the top of the list, don't even remember why but I see I made the right call
+14   

1 month ago '21        #25
TheLegend  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 9623 9 K  Slaps total: 7726 7 K
USA “toys and toilet”

n*gga we good
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+114online now  14
Image(s) inside rottweiler/german shepard mix gotta be the coolest dog
109 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  9
Article inside Kevin Hart's New Series "True Story" is FIRE. I THOUGHT KOUNTY WAYNE ..
63 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-35online now  9
Nov 27 - Transgender Ped0phile is transferred to a female prison and r@pes his..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside Coinbase scamming if you get too grown on them...
128 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy