A patented PlayStation feature allows players to pay to kick others from games

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+48  115
74 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '05        #1
807 page views
31 comments

Krazie 
Props total: 44039 44 K  Slaps total: 6811 6 K
A patented PlayStation feature allows players to pay to kick others from games

The described feature lets spectators vote to remove (or ‘bench’) players, send them messages to warn them to play better, or even pay to have them removed.

In the patent, Sony details a situation in which a number of spectators are watching a game (it specifically lists Twitch as an example of this).

According to the patent text and accompanying diagrams, spectators are then given access to a menu that lets them vote to have a specific player removed (or ‘benched’) from the game.

The diagram shows the spectator getting four options to choose from: ‘remove player from game’, ‘warn player to improve’, ‘provide custom message’ or ‘keep in game’.

Their vote is then collated with other viewers’ votes, and if the total number of ‘remove’ votes hits a certain threshold the player will be removed from the game.

Sony says “the method can also include animating the removal of the player and providing visual cues to other players or spectators as to why the player was removed from the video game”.

The patent gives examples of some variations on the process, including the possibility of using a spectator’s skill level to determine how much clout their vote has.

It also shows an alternative situation where spectators are able to pay to have a player removed, either with real money or in-game currency.

The example shown gives spectators another menu called ‘Player Removal Options’, where they can choose between ‘pay fixed price’, ‘pay percentage of fixed price’ or ‘bid in auction’.

Sony has been taking steps to have a more active role in eSports. In March it announced that it had teamed up with a new esports venture, RTS, to jointly acquire the Evolution Championship Series (Evo).
visit this link https://www.videogameschr .. rs-from-games/
+3   

best
worst
31 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11756 11 K  Slaps total: 2049 2 K
It also shows an alternative situation where spectators are able to pay to have a player removed, either with real money or in-game currency.
Absolutely zero problems with this.

Especially if booting someone or benching them comes with a “get good” message

This can honestly be super positive or super toxic idk about an in between
+6   

1 month ago '16        #3
Quinn 
Props total: 9452 9 K  Slaps total: 1991 1 K
 Novii said
Absolutely zero problems with this.

Especially if booting someone or benching them comes with a “get good” message

This can honestly be super positive or super toxic idk about an in between
stop acting like you dont know which is gonna happen
+11   

1 month ago '16        #4
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11756 11 K  Slaps total: 2049 2 K
 Quinn said
stop acting like you dont know which is gonna happen
LMAO
+2   

1 month ago '17        #5
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 54335 54 K  Slaps total: 8219 8 K
Trash feature.. people kick and ban just for being too good at a game
+8   

1 month ago '20        #6
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x164
Props total: 86831 86 K  Slaps total: 17771 17 K

1 month ago '18        #7
xogang  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 3564 3 K  Slaps total: 141 141
n*gga I hope I can pay VC to get a trash a*s n*gga kicked out the rec on 2k
+4   

1 month ago '06        #8
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 92837 92 K  Slaps total: 15793 15 K
OP fu*ked the thread title up, probably didn't actually read the article.

The described feature lets spectators vote to remove (or ‘bench’) players, send them messages to warn them to play better, or even pay to have them removed.

In the patent, Sony details a situation in which a number of spectators are watching a game (it specifically lists Twitch as an example of this).

According to the patent text and accompanying diagrams, spectators are then given access to a menu that lets them vote to have a specific player removed (or ‘benched’) from the game.

The diagram shows the spectator getting four options to choose from: ‘remove player from game’, ‘warn player to improve’, ‘provide custom message’ or ‘keep in game’.

The patent gives examples of some variations on the process, including the possibility of using a spectator’s skill level to determine how much clout their vote has.

The example shown gives spectators another menu called ‘Player Removal Options’, where they can choose between ‘pay fixed price’, ‘pay percentage of fixed price’ or ‘bid in auction’.

Not to mention, getting a patent doesn't mean it'll be used for anything more than suing somebody who "steals" the idea. Around 97% of patents are just sitting there waiting to be used in court, but never actually used to make a product/process.

1 month ago '05        #9
projectd06 
Props total: 32985 32 K  Slaps total: 7886 7 K
If this actually comes to light this will only be for modes that you volunteer for. You ain't just kicking folks out of games of warzone.

1 month ago '05        #10
Krazie  OP
 Skateboard T said
OP fu*ked the thread title up, probably didn't actually read the article.

Not to mention, getting a patent doesn't mean it'll be used for anything more than suing somebody who "steals" the idea. Around 97% of patents are just sitting there waiting to be used in court, but never actually used to make a product/process.
I was one of the only ones to read the article I think

How did I fu*k the thread title up? It's a literal copy and paste from the website.

1 month ago '06        #11
 Krazie said
I was one of the only ones to read the article I think

How did I fu*k the thread title up? It's a literal copy and paste from the website.
Thread title makes it seem like players in a match will be able to kick others.

Entire article only mentions that feature being given to spectators who are watching a stream like on twitch, says nothing about players.

So you and the original source fu*ked the headline up I guess. Gaming journalism isn't exactly Pulitzer prize winning stuff so it makes sense that they'd be creative and clickbaity

1 month ago '05        #12
Krazie  OP
 Skateboard T said
Thread title makes it seem like players in a match will be able to kick others.

Entire article only mentions that feature being given to spectators who are watching a stream like on twitch, says nothing about players.

So you and the original source fu*ked the headline up I guess. Gaming journalism isn't exactly Pulitzer prize winning stuff so it makes sense that they'd be creative and clickbaity
I didn't fu*k anything up, I didn't write any of it.

The source is Videogamechronicle, if you want to write them a strongly worded letter, their address is:

1981 Media Ltd
336 Wey House, 15 Church Street
Weybridge, Surrey
KT13 8NA
United Kingdom

I don't change titles like some others in these parts.
+4   

1 month ago '16        #13
Head Coach 
Props total: 11870 11 K  Slaps total: 1027 1 K
 xogang said
n*gga I hope I can pay VC to get a trash a*s n*gga kicked out the rec on 2k
Lmao I'd def get kicked that's why I don't really play with randoms n*ggas be too impatient always calling for the ball or not passing n jacking up 3s all game
+1   

1 month ago '06        #14
 Krazie said
I didn't fu*k anything up, I didn't write any of it.

The source is Videogamechronicle, if you want to write them a strongly worded letter, their address is:

1981 Media Ltd
336 Wey House, 15 Church Street
Weybridge, Surrey
KT13 8NA
United Kingdom

I don't change titles like some others in these parts.
I'm good, I don't blame news outlets for posting clickbait headlines, it's the nature of the beast.

I just make sure to change them to be accurate when I repost to boxden if they're blatantly false like this one. It's very simple to do and stops me from looking like a lazy idiot who didn't read the article.

1 month ago '05        #15
Krazie  OP
 Skateboard T said
I'm good, I don't blame news outlets for posting clickbait headlines, it's the nature of the beast.

I just make sure to change them to be accurate when I repost to boxden if they're blatantly false like this one. It's very simple to do and stops me from looking like a lazy idiot who didn't read the article.
God bless you for that. We got people running around this section deliberately changing titles to misleading and false headlines, so quite the opposite. I should send you to show them the way

1 month ago '06        #16
 Krazie said
God bless you for that. We got people running around this section deliberately changing titles to misleading and false headlines, so quite the opposite. I should send you to show them the way
Not really worth the effort, yall have done too much damage to this section already, it's not salvageable at this point.

1 month ago '05        #17
Krazie  OP
 Skateboard T said
Not really worth the effort, yall have done too much damage to this section already, it's not salvageable at this point.
Yup, they've really ruined this place

1 month ago '06        #18
 Krazie said
Yup, we've really ruined this place
fixed

1 month ago '05        #19
Krazie  OP
 Skateboard T said
fixed
Glad you're willing to take some responsibility. That's big of you.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #20
 Krazie said
Glad you're willing to take some responsibility. That's big of you.
I'm specifically talking about you and 3 or 4 others.

You knew that though.

1 month ago '05        #21
Krazie  OP
 Skateboard T said
I'm specifically talking about you and 3 or 4 others.

You knew that though.
I commend you for including yourself in the problem.

Admission is the first step, brother.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #22
 Krazie said
I commend you for including yourself in the problem.

Admission is the first step, brother.
I know it hurts to hear everybody thinks you ruined this section, but acting like a 12 year old aint helping your image lol

You in here looking like
+1   

1 month ago '05        #23
Krazie  OP
 Skateboard T said
You in here looking like

1 month ago '13        #24
PCDubya 
Props total: 11808 11 K  Slaps total: 1244 1 K
This sh*t is wack. People always use to boot me out gta servers for k*lling half the players. Should be if you don't like it, you leave.

1 month ago '06        #25
 Krazie said

Only difference between you and him are which companies you suck off...but other than that, same exact energy.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+27online now  24
Video inside 800 LBs man meets internet girlfriend IRL
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+114online now  20
Image(s) inside Nikola Tesla Predicted the Smartphone and the Internet in 1926
64 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside WAKE TF UP: "Omikron" by Bill Gates and Microsoft ft. David Bowie (1999)
111 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-66online now  7
Video inside This man has no fear of approaching women! He hollers at every woman he..
242 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy