Battle Rap Is Dead????

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '13        #1
2143 page views
91 comments

CheebaHawk21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 30998 30 K  Slaps total: 3027 3 K
Battle Rap Is Dead????

Starts 10:44

@Kyu @ZeusSlaps @Don Kaliko @chrismb @GoldBluded @KING JAYY @Ari Gold @El Caballero @AC SLATER @J.Shykes @Slick Flair @classicgstyle @Verse @fallguy @Ace Tu @Rockstar718 @BadIntentionz @introspekt757 @CartelFamill @StoopidVillinz @Ricky Retardo @Nickel @Dreaded Savage
@jayholc @RichYung757 @Neohuey89 @6side21 @SubConscious @King X Riece @SpyDa @therealmc @HeightsBound @Swavey @Suavebeatz @Jay Jae @Red Beard @Spot Rusherz @Sinamatik CFR @CallMeTy1 @foshoVoodoo @Muchacho @TheNetworkBlast @illclinton @BxDon @Illuminati @Brazi D @Jarett718
@59fifty @Funeral James @DUCE @King Kusanagi @LBThrizzy @CheebaHawk21 @MemphBleek05 @Bouncer @Tron Carter @KnicksLost @Superstar @DUENASnoches @Blkboipurp @Phil Swagson @throwbacksample @JimDinO77 @TintedThoughts @rarespecies @Qbofficial @xogang @etchasketch @Bkjj11 @2TopFlite @BrBHZ @INFAMOUS @GrindPOWER$ @Brok3nImag3s @Suave Mente @Zaosyn @AALISUPREME @Pill Cosby 313 @roddy got white @ARosary @The2ndHorseman @Veno da Don @reelife @TheGift @DollaSignSage @iseeyou @potorico1 @adub123 @Difflummin @BlueGold @shabaz4242 @deadpoolsnow @Totheface @Falcons88 @Homer Pimpson @lboog1423 @Ta388 @siggiddy @Papa Shango @brookserik @216atlran @NatBurner @BLACK FIST @bob713 @Prime P @T.O.N.Y. @SipuVutra @Solitary Genius @akeem923 @PAPLE @Lamel2g @YungFranchise5 @92baby @414mvp @Qwerty0731 @slummy @Gutts @Benjeez
+5   

best
worst
91 comments

1 month ago '05        #2
Flatbush85  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17056 17 K  Slaps total: 1562 1 K
I aint gonna lie he is right. I cant remember the last battle I watched that did not have a famous recording artist battling.
+15   

1 month ago '08        #3
Solitary Genius 
Props total: 14471 14 K  Slaps total: 2781 2 K
sh*t far from dead right now it's lit. They're having a WHOLE Drake card
+26   

1 month ago '13        #4
CheebaHawk21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10 OP
Props total: 30998 30 K  Slaps total: 3027 3 K
 Solitary Genius said
sh*t far from dead right now it's lit. They're having a WHOLE Drake card
Yeah, but its only lit to you and us battle rap die hards........its no where near how lit it was when it was on youtube. Fan base was growing. You could tell by the numbers in the views of the not only the battles, but the bloggers as well. Look on IG when sh*t gets posted or when some of the big name battlers go live. Nobody watchin this sh*t outside of its small fan base.
+19   

1 month ago '04        #5
SpyDa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10541 10 K  Slaps total: 1305 1 K
 CheebaHawk21 said
Yeah, but its only lit to you and us battle rap die hards........its no where near how lit it was when it was on youtube. Fan base was growing. You could tell by the numbers in the views of the not only the battles, but the bloggers as well. Nobody watchin this sh*t outside of its small fan base.
I agree. I was watching them regular on YouTube. Now all these damn ppv, special battle apps and links are too much. Last battle I watch was cassidy and daylight vs Los. I may check out the drake card.

Last edited by SpyDa; 10-21-2021 at 09:07 PM..
+10   

1 month ago '20        #6
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 49086 49 K  Slaps total: 7364 7 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
its dying.
sh*t ain't entertainment no more it's like n*ggas get on stage and say all the sh*t they secretly harbor on another n*gga and guise it as "bars".
sh*t more about being disrespectful than rapping,
only a hand full of battle kats keep it battle,

- Day
- Head

them like the only 2 n*ggas I can listen to and not cringe behind fabricated street sh*t or beef bar.

Used to be big into it but the more URL got popular the less the battles kept my attention.
+12   

1 month ago '05        #7
Adamsville 
Props total: 1287 1 K  Slaps total: 210 210
Smack going to primarily the Caffeine app definitely changed sh*t. It wouldnt be that much of a problem if it was a better platform. But the app is bad, and theres no desktop version.

Bro could upload a snipit on Youtube and have the link in the description to the battle. Its free anyway.
+10   

1 month ago '16        #8
NatBurner 
Props total: 28022 28 K  Slaps total: 2332 2 K
Don’t know why ppl say battle rap is dying or it’s dead honestly it’s still growing

This is like the ring tone era for battle rap

When them training wheels pop off might see bigger Artist pop out

1 month ago '16        #9
JayGeezus 
Props total: 4397 4 K  Slaps total: 422 422
The biggest league made it harder to access battles and then flooded the smaller market with more battles.

Idk who thought it was a good idea. But it wasn't.
+13   

1 month ago '13        #10
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16503 16 K  Slaps total: 5396 5 K
 Adamsville said
Smack going to primarily the Caffeine app definitely changed sh*t. It wouldnt be that much of a problem if it was a better platform. But the app is bad, and theres no desktop version.

Bro could upload a snipit on Youtube and have the link in the description to the battle. Its free anyway.
Lol you can watch thru the app on a desktop the day the battle happens
+3   

1 month ago '15        #11
Jad95 
Props total: 3748 3 K  Slaps total: 432 432
Yea I haven’t followed in YEEEARS. But I grew up bein a huge fan. Serious Jones, reed dollaz, and Cassidy had to be some of my favorites as a youngin. But yea the hype around it definitely died which just means actual rap is dying as rap transition into this pop/punk rock/indie feel. Having “bars” simply don’t mean what it used to. And being “smart” will literally make n*ggas tune you out. Try arguing with the average street n*gga about why jcole or Kendrick get play, and you’ll see.
+5   

1 month ago '09        #12
Zao 
Props total: 24032 24 K  Slaps total: 5689 5 K
I wouldn't say it's dead it's just a new era all around. Too much money and politics involved now and no one is competitive anymore. No one getting reprimanded for choking and battlers just showing up for the bag.
+4   

1 month ago '17        #13
Higher 
Props total: 1429 1 K  Slaps total: 190 190
was it ever alive???
I always thought it was wack and silly.
Tried to watch a couple times and was
Like wtf is this trash a*s sh*t?
Honest question, has any rapper who
Started in this sh*t ever made it semi- mainstream?

1 month ago '17        #14
S PHX GOD 
Props total: 55234 55 K  Slaps total: 7850 7 K
battle rap is a hip hop element that isn't meant for casuals. stop worrying bout what the casuals think and focus on what you can control.
+10   

1 month ago '18        #15
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 98323 98 K  Slaps total: 10011 10 K
I ain’t care about battles since around the time this came out

+2   

1 month ago '20        #16
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 27339 27 K  Slaps total: 1823 1 K
 Higher said
was it ever alive???
I always thought it was wack and silly.
Tried to watch a couple times and was
Like wtf is this trash a*s sh*t?
Honest question, has any rapper who
Started in this sh*t ever made it semi- mainstream?
Depends on what you consider semi-mainstream; majority of battlers have gotten signed, got on TV and/or got a cosign from someone in the mainstream.

But did any of them blow up? I don't think anyone who got a push from or a start on Smack DVD/URL did. MAYBE you could consider Jin because he had that minor hit, "Learn Chinese."

edit: Oh and if you consider Cass a Smack rapper then him too.

Last edited by LordGimmeASign; 10-21-2021 at 02:11 PM..
+2   

1 month ago '20        #17
LordGimmeASign 
 S-Class said
I ain’t care about battles since around the time this came out

Classic material. Damn, reminds me of early college days.
+1   

1 month ago '20        #18
LordGimmeASign 
 Hayek said
Lol you can watch thru the app on a desktop the day the battle happens
Those smartphone emulators.
+1   

1 month ago '11        #19
greedy87 
Props total: 16665 16 K  Slaps total: 5232 5 K
 Johnathan Hill said
its dying.
sh*t ain't entertainment no more it's like n*ggas get on stage and say all the sh*t they secretly harbor on another n*gga and guise it as "bars".
sh*t more about being disrespectful than rapping,
only a hand full of battle kats keep it battle,

- Day
- Head

them like the only 2 n*ggas I can listen to and not cringe behind fabricated street sh*t or beef bar.

Used to be big into it but the more URL got popular the less the battles kept my attention.
Lol at Day the n*gga known for doing goofy a*s gimmicks and fu*kkng up battles smh
+6   

1 month ago '11        #20
greedy87 
Props total: 16665 16 K  Slaps total: 5232 5 K
Battlers getting paid more than ever but you got n*gga complaining because they can’t get free battles on YouTube. Smack wasn’t making no money on YouTube. Battle rap has always been a niche anyways lol
+5   

1 month ago '21        #21
Still2Highh 
Props total: 15957 15 K  Slaps total: 2619 2 K
The culture of battle rap could never die... but that real, raw, street aspect of it is definitely lost in the mix.

It's more like WWF now wit all these character gimmicks n extra dramatic sh*t
+1   

1 month ago '15        #22
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 78337 78 K  Slaps total: 7206 7 K
It's dying because none of them overpriced PPVs worth it, n*ggas be scamming with the 'support this and that' sh*t but be putting out mediocre battles.

And if you don't pay you gotta wait for them mediocre battles to be released 5-6 months down the line. That was what k*lled it for me years ago. Too many times either watching a trash PPV or waiting for a trash event release.

Not even taking into account n*ggas choking or having only 2 real rounds. Plus the new crop of battles can't hold water, I fu*ks with Geechi though.

Last edited by Spawn; 10-21-2021 at 02:19 PM..
+4   

1 month ago '20        #23
LordGimmeASign 
 greedy87 said
Lol at Day the n*gga known for doing goofy a*s gimmicks and fu*kkng up battles smh
Day is really nice but he does and says crazy sh*t for the reaction and attention.

I don't agree with some of the antics but I guess that's how he gets his name to make headlines.

He lowkey one of the pioneering trolls online.

Him, Thugga and Lil B.

1 month ago '20        #24
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 49086 49 K  Slaps total: 7364 7 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 greedy87 said
he does do goofy gimmicks,
but he ain't wilding to the extent some of these other battler's are.
and don't get it twisted, just cause I think Day a very dope a*s battle MC by no means do I excuse his fu*kery (the dress sh*t/thong sh*t still perplexes me to this day. like why do that? )

but in relation to what OP was asking, I responded the way I did.
Wasn't looking for agreement or disagreement, just was stating my stance.

So what's your take on what OP asked?
+1   

1 month ago '04        #25
SpyDa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10541 10 K  Slaps total: 1305 1 K
Hate to say it but them boys need cassidy. Dude promoted the hell out of that hitman battle. Shyt had mad regulars talking about it.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-75online now  36
Image(s) inside Young Dolph Buried with 50k in cash
139 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+93online now  29
Dec 1 - Oxford High School Shooter Identified