Halo Infinite is getting ray tracing thanks to a Microsoft and AMD partnership

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '04        #1
758 page views
32 comments

Da Ill One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 16440 16 K  Slaps total: 1164 1 K
Halo Infinite is getting ray tracing thanks to a Microsoft and AMD partnership

Microsoft has selected AMD as its exclusive PC partner for Halo Infinite. While this means plenty of marketing opportunities, it’s also fostered a closer engineering partnership with AMD that Microsoft says will improve frame rates in the campaign mode and eventually bring ray tracing to the game.

“We’re looking forward to working closely with AMD to bring raytracing to Halo Infinite,” says Noah Benesch, a product marketing manager at Xbox. “Raytracing is one our top development priorities post-launch and look forward to sharing more soon.”

It’s not clear if this rules out Microsoft using Nvidia’s DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) technology, but Microsoft does note that AMD is “exceptionally open to us bringing new rendering features across all hardware as well as performance improvements for all our players.”

AMD has created a Halo-themed RX 6900 XT. Image: Microsoft
Beyond ray tracing, which will presumably be available across both Xbox Series X / S and PC, Microsoft says the AMD partnership has resulted in driver updates that “deliver massive improvements in frame time performance throughout areas of the game’s campaign mode.”

The engineering work has also improved Halo Infinite on processors with high core and thread counts, which is an area where AMD has excelled with its latest Ryzen processors. Microsoft and AMD have also created a Halo-themed Radeon RX 6900 XT. It’s a limited-edition card that won’t be sold, but Microsoft and AMD will be hold giveaways for the cards.

Outside of the AMD and Microsoft partnership, the Halo Infinite team has also been working with Discord and Razer Chroma RGB to ensure the game integrates well. Halo Infinite will support in-game Discord server invites and even Razer Chroma RGB support with unique lighting effects.

visit this link https://www-theverge-com. .. d-razer-chroma

best
worst
32 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 88839 88 K  Slaps total: 32529 32 K
Damn no DLSS
@ answer for this
+1   

2 months ago '04        #3
Da Ill One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 SPdaGOAT said
Damn no DLSS
@ answer for this
What I don't get. Is if the XSX is supposed to be as powerful as they market it as, why do they need a special partnership/ collaboration to put it in their flagship game?

2 months ago '17        #4
 Da Ill One said
What I don't get. Is if the XSX is supposed to be as powerful as they market it as, why do they need a special partnership/ collaboration to put it in their flagship game?
Damn great question

2 months ago '20        #5
God is Good 
Props total: 15118 15 K  Slaps total: 14134 14 K
343i

Now they gotta outsource ray tracing

2 months ago '17        #6
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 190623 190 K  Slaps total: 14100 14 K
 Da Ill One said
Special access to tools and AMD's specs. Who knows a product better than the ones who make it?

2 months ago '04        #7
Da Ill One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 Naga Sadow said
Special access to tools and AMD's specs. Who knows a product better than the ones who make it?

Yeah I guess just seems counter intuitive to me.

2 months ago '06        #8
LeMar G 
Props total: 79756 79 K  Slaps total: 8315 8 K
These n*ggas cant even get win11 to work on amd processers correctly

The nerve
+3   

2 months ago '12        #9
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 188500 188 K  Slaps total: 11041 11 K
 Da Ill One said
Its just an announcement of a glorified endorsement deal for their graphics card and to promote their counter to Nvidia's DLSS. It's less about the technology and more about slapping Master Chief on their site/stuff to sell graphics cards since AMD helped develop the Xbox(And the PS5 so get ready for those ads to happen in the next year too lol) :

[IMG]
AMD has created a Halo-themed RX 6900 XT
[/IMG]

The same way Far Cry and Resident Village currently promote their stuff:

I think y'all are reading a little bit too much into the article. You're just seeing AMD locking up endorsement an branding deals to try and counter the amount of attention Nvidia cards have been getting....Plus like I said AMD Developed the PS5 and the Series X...Going to be way more of these types of endorsements/branding deals/advertisements.

Last edited by OldBusiness; 10-21-2021 at 12:57 PM..
+5   

2 months ago '12        #10
 Da Ill One said
 SPdaGOAT said
Damn no DLSS
@ answer for this
 SPdaGOAT said
Damn great question
@ actually provided an answer to the question of "Why no DLSS" over 6 months ago and I made a thread on it too:

It doesn't make sense to have DLSS in an AMD Developed console lol, they're using FidelityFX which is AMD's Tech. DLSS is Nvidia's tech...DLSS is dope as fu*k and a game changer for folks with older graphics cards...but I'm actually pretty impressed at how good AMD's solution works in Far Cry 6 on PC...Even though its a pretty average game the framerate screams when tons of stuff is happening on screen.

To simplify it, asking why there is no DLSS in a setup developed by AMD is like asking howcome you can buy burgers at Burger King - but they don't have a Big Mac

Of the 3 consoles, the only one using an Nvidia Chipset is the Switch.

Last edited by OldBusiness; 10-21-2021 at 12:57 PM..
+5   

2 months ago '17        #11
 OldBusiness said
@ actually provided an answer to the question of "Why no DLSS" over 6 months ago and I made a thread on it too:

It doesn't make sense to have DLSS in an AMD Developed console lol, they're using FidelityFX which is AMD's Tech. DLSS is Nvidia's tech...DLSS is dope as fu*k and a game changer for folks with older graphics cards...but I'm actually pretty impressed at how good AMD's solution works in Far Cry 6 on PC...Even though its a pretty average game the framerate screams when tons of stuff is happening on screen.

To simplify it, asking why there is no DLSS in a setup developed by AMD is like asking howcome you can buy burgers at Burger King - but they don't have a Big Mac

Of the 3 consoles, the only one using an Nvidia Chipset is the Switch.
I was asking about the PC version
+2   

2 months ago '12        #12
 SPdaGOAT said
I was asking about the PC version
@ made the console comment.

But I tapped the console angle too with regards to "Damn no DLSS"....Both consoles use AMD chips, unless something really changes I doubt you'll ever see the PS5 or Series X use DLSS. They'll be using FidelityFX(

AMD Snatched up the deal first. Same way Nvidia snatched up the deal for deathloop on PC even though it's on an AMD built console(PS5) as a good example. Its just branding deals like they've done with other games

John from Digital Foundry lightly touched on this stuff in a video the other day when he said he was surprised AMD isn't doing more of these deals to slap games on the front of their graphics card boxes like ATI used to before AMD bought them back in the day.

I'm more interested in how this will work for giving out the coupon codes(Which is a big thing with these branding campaigns...the Far Cry 6 Coupon Codes for the free game became a whole thing on reddit a few months ago...I think even @ got his game for free using that program)...Hell I just bought another 5950x for a new setup i'm building separate from my main desktop that'll actually use the 6900 XT I caught and never sold. Gone be using that system vs my main 3090 system for my little streaming/youtube stuff i got in mind.

I expected this collabo and expect even more...my question is will their be a coupon code given out for free halo infinite - OR are they going to try and give out coupon codes for gamepass instead.

Last edited by OldBusiness; 10-21-2021 at 01:10 PM..
+3   

2 months ago '16        #13
Quinn 
Props total: 9616 9 K  Slaps total: 2021 2 K
 OldBusiness said
@ made the console comment.

But I tapped the console angle too with regards to "Damn no DLSS"....Both consoles use AMD chips, unless something really changes I doubt you'll ever see the PS5 or Series X use DLSS. They'll be using FidelityFX(

AMD Snatched up the deal first. Same way Nvidia snatched up the deal for deathloop on PC even though it's on an AMD built console(PS5) as a good example. Its just branding deals like they've done with other games

John from Digital Foundry lightly touched on this stuff in a video the other day when he said he was surprised AMD isn't doing more of these deals to slap games on the front of their graphics card boxes like ATI used to before AMD bought them back in the day.

I'm more interested in how this will work for giving out the coupon codes(Which is a big thing with these branding campaigns...the Far Cry 6 Coupon Codes for the free game became a whole thing on reddit a few months ago...I think even @ got his game for free using that program)...Hell I just bought another 5950x for a new setup i'm building separate from my main desktop that'll actually use the 6900 XT I caught and never sold. Gone be using that system vs my main 3090 system for my little streaming/youtube stuff i got in mind.

I expected this collabo and expect even more...my question is will their be a coupon code given out for free halo infinite - OR are they going to try and give out coupon codes for gamepass instead.
i got my FC6 code from the 5950x, and as long as you have the promo code to redeem the item and product the code is related to, you can get games for free.
the game was also 15$ from ubisoft aswell.

honestly consoles dont really NEED dlss that much, since the measuring stick is to measure against themselves, so if it looks like sh*t for you it will look like sh*t for me. where as with PC, it could look great on my gigachad setup, and look like a*s for you. dlss effectively gives poorer hardware a better experience...oh i see why console boys want it

2 months ago '12        #14
@ @

By the way:

The real question y'all should be asking is howcome after all this development time they still don't have ray tracing implemented.

Remember when I kept dissing Halo saying the idea that the lighting system will be DLC/A Patch after the games launch is bullsh*t?....I called this sh*t a year ago before we even knew Forge/Co Op Campaign were going to be missing

AMD Doing the tech isn't really that big of a deal, hell they helped build the consoles. But 343 launching a game in a month and it's missing an entire lighting/rendering system after all the time they've had is whats the real issue here.

What in the fu*k have they been doing ...They claimed they used the extra year to develop the graphics even further.....So nobody thought to turn on the lights?
+4   

2 months ago '17        #15
THExTAKEOVER 
Props total: 19855 19 K  Slaps total: 1765 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Damn no DLSS
@ answer for this
You see they took it out the newest CyberPunk update.

It takes a team of devoted programmers to utilize it and make sure it doesn’t bottleneck.
+1   

2 months ago '12        #16
 THExTAKEOVER said
You see they took it out the newest CyberPunk update.

It takes a team of devoted programmers to utilize it and make sure it doesn’t bottleneck.
They removed DLSS from Cyberpunk? Serious question, I haven't been paying attention to that game aside from seeing the announcement that the console 'next gen' upgrades were delayed.

If they removed DLSS or it's breaking in Cyberpunk after CDPR's patches then thats hilarious...considering CDPR and Nvidia went on a whole "DLSS Improves Cyberpunk performance by 60%!!!"

they still got the promo vid saying that uploaded:

+1   

2 months ago '17        #17
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 190623 190 K  Slaps total: 14100 14 K
 Da Ill One said
Not necessarily. We do this from time to time at work with suppliers. We can use the product just fine but to get the most or best tools, we usually work alongside them for a project. They have programming and access that we just don't have so it's nice to be able to get the most out of a product.

2 months ago '04        #18
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4044 4 K  Slaps total: 695 695
Everything MS does is news to the Sony boys...yeesh
+1   

2 months ago '12        #19
@ @

And to continue my questions(And lightweight bashing of Halo Infinite, I been saying since it was unveiled i think theyre doing a bad job with this game)

Howcome the PC Gamepass App makes it look like the PC Version won't have single player at launch? Check the "Coming Soon" section of Gamepass on PC...It distinctly states Halo Infinite Multiplayer, and even when you click the game it just makes mention of MP, no SP lol:

Are they going to delay the Singleplayer like some people have been saying
+1   

2 months ago '17        #20
 OldBusiness said
@ @

And to continue my questions(And lightweight bashing of Halo Infinite, I been saying since it was unveiled i think theyre doing a bad job with this game)

Howcome the PC Gamepass App makes it look like the PC Version won't have single player at launch? Check the "Coming Soon" section of Gamepass on PC...It distinctly states Halo Infinite Multiplayer, and even when you click the game it just makes mention of MP, no SP lol:

Are they going to delay the Singleplayer like some people have been saying
I thought the SP was already supposed to be delayed to come out at the start of season 2 or 3. I know it was forge and something else

2 months ago '05        #21
GodzMustBeCrazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7848 7 K  Slaps total: 1696 1 K
"Eventually" the jokes just write themselves...

2 months ago '20        #22
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26153 26 K  Slaps total: 6637 6 K
 Liquid-Science said
Everything MS does is news to the Sony boys...yeesh

and ure in every thread obviously bothered and complaining about it maybe that's why they do it
+2   

2 months ago '17        #23
 D1dnt read said
and ure in every thread obviously bothered and complaining about it maybe that's why they do it
that boy so retarded bruh
+1   

2 months ago '12        #24
 SPdaGOAT said
I thought the SP was already supposed to be delayed to come out at the start of season 2 or 3. I know it was forge and something else
No the Singleplayer campaign is coming out, it just won't have the co-op thing where your friend can join you through it.

Those two things really meant nothing to me, hell the Halo Infinite Multiplayer Beta was pretty dope but I really don't care about it either.

Im a bit weird with Halo(And Gears of War) I really don't give a damn about their Multiplayer or Co-OP. I actually just like beating their Single Player campaigns on their hardest difficulty.

But when looking at the achievements I get for beating the SP by myself on the hardest difficulty I could understand why they wouldn't give a sh*t about the campaign.

Less than 2% of the people who played the game beat the campaign at that difficulty, and I got the achievement for beating it on the next level down too and thats barely above 6% lol..22 percent did beat the normal difficulty though, see:

^My achievements..So if they push back the SP Campaign for solo players like myself I don't even think i'll be booting the game up this year which is one of the reasons I been hard on it
+2   

2 months ago '04        #25
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4044 4 K  Slaps total: 695 695
 SPdaGOAT said
that boy so retarded bruh
Ya'll are both retarded

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+26online now  22
Video inside RICK ROSS DISSES MEEK MILL AND SAYS “he sold his soul but still on a le..
250 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+72online now  21
dr j says his tennis playing daughter was only born cause her mother had b..
136 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-79online now  13
Image(s) inside Midget from Game of Thrones riding with his daughter on a scooter
45 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-40online now  7
Mayweather bitter about Canelo's Successful boxing career? smh
154 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy