Oct 20 - Nina Turner EVISCERATED Paul Begala live on CNN

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '12        #1
891 page views
15 comments

Gramz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x48
Props total: 85484 85 K  Slaps total: 4866 4 K
Oct 20 - Nina Turner EVISCERATED Paul Begala live on CNN

+20   

best
worst
15 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
bibbyboi 
Props total: 18118 18 K  Slaps total: 2589 2 K
I appreciate the sentiment and I appreciate Nina Turner in general, but her getting mad at people being pragmatic is probably why she lost her election. The left needs to be way more strategic and pragmatic.
+13   

2 months ago '21        #3
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10482 10 K  Slaps total: 1672 1 K
 Gramz said

might have to wear my shirt tomorrow
+5   

2 months ago '16        #4
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 83195 83 K  Slaps total: 11384 11 K
 bibbyboi said
I appreciate the sentiment and I appreciate Nina Turner in general, but her getting mad at people being pragmatic is probably why she lost her election. The left needs to be way more strategic and pragmatic.
Yep. It's unfortunate but pragmatically Sinema and Manchin have the power to strip planks from this package. Nina was still soft on Manchin - he's not playing games he's corrupt. Sinema isn't playing games, she's corrupt. Call it what it is, especially from outside of politics like Nina is now. Call out his daughter. She is playing "games" too unfortunately.

The Progressive caucus has grown in the House because they continued to go after safe blue seats... they need to continue to do that and continue to grow their political power. Rich people are throwing the kitchen sink at slowing down ANY increase in taxes on the wealthy... we make it easy for them when they only need to pick off one senator to derail policy. Progressives need to win more seats and Democrats need to find a way to win larger majorities so that no one has to give a fu*k what Manchin and Sinema think. Until Sinema can be primaried out there's no other path forward.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #5
bibbyboi 
 Boogersugar said
The Progressive caucus has grown in the House because they continued to go after safe blue seats... they need to continue to do that and continue to grow their political power.
I completely disagree with that. The real power is in vulnerable seats. Manchin and sort of Sinema are proof of that. But as of right now, for the most part, progressives get crushed in non-dark blue districts. They need to play the game a little to make inroads to those types of seats.

2 months ago '17        #6
LordOfSwag2020 
Props total: 2285 2 K  Slaps total: 1555 1 K
Lmaooo dems are doomed next year

2 months ago '18        #7
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 33788 33 K  Slaps total: 3913 3 K
 LordOfSwag2020 said
Lmaooo dems are doomed next year
Sounds familiar

Well see you clowns at the polls in November

Oh right.
+2   

2 months ago '11        #8
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 29572 29 K  Slaps total: 4104 4 K
damn, "hold on Brianna..."
+1   

2 months ago '16        #9
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 83195 83 K  Slaps total: 11384 11 K
 bibbyboi said
I completely disagree with that. The real power is in vulnerable seats. Manchin and sort of Sinema are proof of that. But as of right now, for the most part, progressives get crushed in non-dark blue districts. They need to play the game a little to make inroads to those types of seats.
If progressives can successfully primary purple seats and then win in the general we haven't seen it done and repeated. I am not saying it's impossible and sure someone should try but I wouldn't bet money on that being a successful gambit. Picking off safe blue seats has worked really well on the flipside.

I think a progressive could win Sinema's seat but not Manchin's but even if both of those fu*kers stick around they lose a lot of their power, pretty much all of it, if we had 53 or 55 Democratic senators. I think that's probably the most realistic path to muting voices like Sinema or Manchin or anyone like them that might pop up in a purplish state

2 months ago '20        #10
$SweetDee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 21171 21 K  Slaps total: 2877 2 K
Highly interesting .

2 months ago '16        #11
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x55
Props total: 118657 118 K  Slaps total: 23331 23 K
kkk banter

2 months ago '04        #12
bibbyboi 
 Boogersugar said
If progressives can successfully primary purple seats and then win in the general we haven't seen it done and repeated. I am not saying it's impossible and sure someone should try but I wouldn't bet money on that being a successful gambit. Picking off safe blue seats has worked really well on the flipside.

I think a progressive could win Sinema's seat but not Manchin's but even if both of those fu*kers stick around they lose a lot of their power, pretty much all of it, if we had 53 or 55 Democratic senators. I think that's probably the most realistic path to muting voices like Sinema or Manchin or anyone like them that might pop up in a purplish state
The main problem is that the safe blue seats don't make them valuable to the party. The party, as a whole, knows if they lose those seats it'll be filled by another Democrat. So the party never has to bend the knee to them. They need to do everything in their power to flip vulnerable seats so they become a necessity.

Also, I wouldn't go after Manchin's seat. If Manchin loses in a primary it's almost 100% certain that seat flips red. Sinema is a little bit safer but I probably wouldn't even bother primarying her there. I'm thinking Texas and Florida are the seats Progressives need to start spending all their money going after. If they could ever flip seats there they'd be in the drivers seat of the party.

Last edited by bibbyboi; 10-22-2021 at 02:32 AM..

2 months ago '19        #13
slicktheruler  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4471 4 K  Slaps total: 291 291
Manchin's resume cover letter should read, "He likes two things: (1) Being the center of attention and (2) appeasing his wealthy, business-owning, capitalist donors. That’s what fuels him."
+1   

2 months ago '08        #14
MotorBoat Jones 
Props total: 5991 5 K  Slaps total: 545 545
Yeah that was homicide with the Nina.
She's just speaking like a normal person and not a "politician" focused on "strategery".

Just put it all on the table.. call it what it is. Stop using all these fancy obtuse terms.
+2   

2 months ago '11        #15
PotheadFocker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 31785 31 K  Slaps total: 3682 3 K
 bibbyboi said
The main problem is that the safe blue seats don't make them valuable to the party. The party, as a whole, knows if they lose those seats it'll be filled by another Democrat. So the party never has to bend the knee to them. They need to do everything in their power to flip vulnerable seats so they become a necessity.

Also, I wouldn't go after Manchin's seat. If Manchin loses in a primary it's almost 100% certain that seat flips red. Sinema is a little bit safer but I probably wouldn't even bother primarying her there. I'm thinking Texas and Florida are the seats Progressives need to start spending all their money going after. If they could ever flip seats their they'd be in the drivers seat of the party.
You seem to have some pretty sound ideas. Wish the senate dems would hire you The dems haven't shown me they are capable of any strategy though, they just won by default.

2 months ago '04        #16
gh3tto 
Props total: 50912 50 K  Slaps total: 13295 13 K
 slicktheruler said
Manchin's resume cover letter should read, "He likes two things: (1) Being the center of attention and (2) appeasing his wealthy, business-owning, capitalist donors. Thats what fuels him."
you have to catch him in a canoe he doesnt take meetings from constituents

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+73online now  27
dr j says his tennis playing daughter was only born cause her mother had b..
136 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-28online now  24
Erykah Badu(50) Smashing a 27 Year Old
94 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+26online now  19
Video inside RICK ROSS DISSES MEEK MILL AND SAYS he sold his soul but still on a le..
250 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Dec 7 - Jussie Smollett just snitched on Don Lennon. CNN is in Shambles
113 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy