DARPA-initiative, Wendy's French fries should be a hit...

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

2 months ago '19        #1
2276 page views
49 comments

unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 44846 44 K  Slaps total: 9777 9 K
DARPA-initiative, Wendy's French fries should be a hit...

To wit: Wendy’s has just re-engineered its version, calling them “Hot & Crispy” fries. It seems a bit of a strange marketing push, since fries should be hot and crispy by design, no?
But Wendy’s apparently is doubling down on these aspects in its new recipe for a very good reason: Since the pandemic, fast-food consumers are ordering food to go or via delivery more than ever before. Indeed, market researcher NPD Group reported that for the period ending March 2021, digital orders for carryout increased by 130% over the previous year and digital orders for delivery by 142%.
The problem is that fries don’t like to travel, creating a dilemma for restaurateurs. The very item that Americans crave easily becomes limp and soggy within a short period (and being trapped inside a to-go container doesn’t help the situation). Perhaps the only thing harder than finding a fry that stays hot and crispy for minutes on end, says restaurant consultant Stephen Zagor, is “finding life elsewhere in the solar system.”
Wendy’s solution: ‘proprietary coating’
Wendy’s solution — at least in part: to add a “proprietary coating” to the potatoes before they are fried, thus boosting their crispy potential, the chain told MarketWatch. Wendy’s is confident in its new version — so much so that John Li, the chain’s vice president of culinary innovation, declared earlier this year, “It’s a new day for fries.” Oh, and Wendy’s is also offering customers a satisfaction guarantee when it comes to the side dish.

visit this link https://www.msn.com/en-us .. out&li=BBnb7Kz

A special coating that keeps the fries hot and crispy? image
+8   

best
worst
49 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 49086 49 K  Slaps total: 7364 7 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
nah,
now n*ggas spraying fried-gortex season on fries and sh*t.
+62   

2 months ago '09        #3
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x73
Props total: 245892 245 K  Slaps total: 27180 27 K
wendys fries are trash but them 4 for $4 combos slap
+13   

2 months ago '20        #4
Habeas Corpus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 28213 28 K  Slaps total: 5716 5 K
Yup.

Government contracts with all the fast food companies to get you addicted to CHEESE as well.

They want you sick, diseased, and just disabled.

Great post op!!!

+6   

2 months ago '21        #5
SHAMPOOO 
Props total: 2050 2 K  Slaps total: 1430 1 K
Wendy’s is confident in its new version — so much so that John Li, the chain’s vice president of culinary innovation, declared earlier this year, “It’s a new day for fries.”

Y'all Trust these N!kk@z?
+9   

2 months ago '11        #6
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 29579 29 K  Slaps total: 4104 4 K
 messy marv stan said
the new fries taste nothing like the ones they had a month ago
+3   

2 months ago '20        #7
 SHAMPOOO said
Wendy’s is confident in its new version — so much so that John Li, the chain’s vice president of culinary innovation, declared earlier this year, “It’s a new day for fries.”

Y'all Trust these N!kk@z?
Nah,
I would've swung by a Wendy's for fries but now with this new sh*t they coating on the potatoes before cooking, I'm 100% good on that.
I ain't feeling that sh*t.
+9   

2 months ago '19        #8
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19 OP
Props total: 44846 44 K  Slaps total: 9777 9 K
 Habeas Corpus said
Yup.

Government contracts with all the fast food companies to get you addicted to CHEESE as well.

They want you sick, diseased, and just disabled.

Great post op!!!

Pretty sure most folks on here eat pizza with cheese.

+11   

2 months ago '20        #9
 unit321 said
Pretty sure most folks on here eat pizza with cheese.

nah, straight bread and sauce

2 months ago '15        #10
R WiZ 
Props total: 795 795  Slaps total: 84 84
Wendy's def had the better fries for a drive thru spot. Ima try em and see what's up. Overall, Five Guys never let's me down.
+2   

2 months ago '09        #11
Puppet Master  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 75882 75 K  Slaps total: 20955 20 K
Boxden n*ggas don't eat cheese or drink milk. Boxden n*ggas don't drink soda or Gatorade. Boxden n*ggas don't eat fast food or get drinks from the fountain.
Boxden n*ggas only drink water but not just any water, they drink the highest quality only and filtered.
+24   

2 months ago '05        #12
Daddy Black 
Props total: 14916 14 K  Slaps total: 1302 1 K
I stopped fu*kin with wendys like that after these bullsh*t a*s fries came out. They crispy but the old jawns tasted better.
+2   

2 months ago '07        #13
stogz 
Props total: 111528 111 K  Slaps total: 14298 14 K
I haven't fuk'd with Wendy's in over a decade. I liked their pre-2010 fries.... when the branding for their cups and stuff was yellow.
+6   

2 months ago '21        #14
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 7649 7 K  Slaps total: 7341 7 K
Wendys fries are bad but not Burger King bad
+1   

2 months ago '17        #15
S550  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8729 8 K  Slaps total: 3626 3 K
 B46610 said
Wendys fries are bad but not Burger King bad
I like Bk the best lol

BK
McDonald’s
Wendy’s

In that order but it deff matters which one you go too because each one varies by me some are terrible no matter what you order. Useless staff who have no desire to properly maintain a fast food place. Cant blame them anyway

2 months ago '21        #16
nodayzoffatl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 27428 27 K  Slaps total: 3577 3 K
 unit321 said

To wit: Wendy’s has just re-engineered its version, calling them “Hot & Crispy” fries. It seems a bit of a strange marketing push, since fries should be hot and crispy by design, no?
But Wendy’s apparently is doubling down on these aspects in its new recipe for a very good reason: Since the pandemic, fast-food consumers are ordering food to go or via delivery more than ever before. Indeed, market researcher NPD Group reported that for the period ending March 2021, digital orders for carryout increased by 130% over the previous year and digital orders for delivery by 142%.
The problem is that fries don’t like to travel, creating a dilemma for restaurateurs. The very item that Americans crave easily becomes limp and soggy within a short period (and being trapped inside a to-go container doesn’t help the situation). Perhaps the only thing harder than finding a fry that stays hot and crispy for minutes on end, says restaurant consultant Stephen Zagor, is “finding life elsewhere in the solar system.”
Wendy’s solution: ‘proprietary coating’
Wendy’s solution — at least in part: to add a “proprietary coating” to the potatoes before they are fried, thus boosting their crispy potential, the chain told MarketWatch. Wendy’s is confident in its new version — so much so that John Li, the chain’s vice president of culinary innovation, declared earlier this year, “It’s a new day for fries.” Oh, and Wendy’s is also offering customers a satisfaction guarantee when it comes to the side dish.

A special coating that keeps the fries hot and crispy?
fu*k all that bring back the REAL OG Dollar Menu and them 5 piece crispy nuggets or I have no reason to visit a Wendy's

and you'll never touch mcds or checkers fries
+4   

2 months ago '12        #17
daman729 
Props total: 78684 78 K  Slaps total: 3275 3 K
Just make your own. Cut up some red potatoes like fries and put them in the oven lol. But thats what I like about Fives Guys though, as far as fastfood fries. They only have 3 ingredients. Potatoes, salt and oil. No anti-foaming agents or preservatives.
+4   

2 months ago '21        #18
nodayzoffatl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 27428 27 K  Slaps total: 3577 3 K
 stogz said
I haven't fuk'd with Wendy's in over a decade. I liked their pre-2010 fries.... when the branding for their cups and stuff was yellow.
last time i fu*ked with Wendy's were my college days (mid 2000s) when we fu*ked that $1 menu up..we prolly the reason its gone now

the whole squad could pullup and for $20 it was like Thanksgiving in that bi*ch

still remember my order: "lemme get 2 jr bacon, spicy nuggets and a $1 fries"
+6   

2 months ago '07        #19
KeepinItTrill 
Props total: 71483 71 K  Slaps total: 4590 4 K
 Puppet Master said
Boxden n*ggas don't eat cheese or drink milk. Boxden n*ggas don't drink soda or Gatorade. Boxden n*ggas don't eat fast food or get drinks from the fountain.
Boxden n*ggas only drink water but not just any water, they drink the highest quality only and filtered.

+1   

2 months ago '06        #20
Icee 
Props total: 30324 30 K  Slaps total: 2157 2 K
“proprietary to keep fries hot” I a*sumed it was just a dumb marketing gimmick that they couldn’t uphold. Wendy’s is really on that GMO-fries vibe, KFC did the same with chicken.

2 months ago '19        #21
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 29543 29 K  Slaps total: 3768 3 K
Frozen fries have been regularly coated in flour for years for this reason
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '20        #22
God is Good 
Props total: 15158 15 K  Slaps total: 14168 14 K
 messy marv stan said
Nah

Wrestling is trash

2 months ago '15        #23
CALL AGAIN 
Props total: 21897 21 K  Slaps total: 2787 2 K
just say no to fast food and french fries especially. Them sh*ts are hella nasty i think wendys were the worst if I remember correct sh*t always left a coat on the roof of my mouth.

Do your own fresh cut and dont half you guys own air fryers too? How are fries on that?
+1   

2 months ago '17        #24
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 92481 92 K  Slaps total: 26444 26 K
Remember when wendys burgers came in the gold wrappers back in the 90s and the bread was a little sweet!
+3   

2 months ago '14        #25
youngthugga1991  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4470 4 K  Slaps total: 811 811
 Puppet Master said
That’s facts

For me at least
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+106online now  21
Video inside She actually has a point
132 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+125online now  17
Dude Tells Joel Osteen He's A Piece Of Sh*t As They Take A Selfie Together
138 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+26online now  15
Video inside RICK ROSS DISSES MEEK MILL AND SAYS “he sold his soul but still on a le..
258 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-29online now  8
Erykah Badu(50) Smashing a 27 Year Old
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy