Oct 20 - Woman Asks Amazon For Her Data, Finds Out They Have Thousands of Recordings

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+22  90
37 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

1 month ago '21        #1
5391 page views
100 comments

mypostmakesense  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 5249 5 K  Slaps total: 376 376
Oct 20 - Woman Asks Amazon For Her Data, Finds Out They Have Thousands of Recordings

A woman was shocked to discover just how much data Amazon has collected about her.

She posted a viral TikTok video explaining how she requested to see the data but wasn’t expecting to receive so much.

TikToker my.data.not.yours explained: “I requested all the data Amazon has on me and here’s what I found.”

She revealed that she has three Amazon smart speakers.

Two are Amazon Dot speakers and one is an Echo device.

Her home also contains smart bulbs.

She said: “When I downloaded the ZIP file these are all the folders it came with.”

The TikToker then clicked on the audio file and revealed thousands of short voice clips that she claims Amazon has collected from her smart speakers.

She described them as “so scary” and played one of her talking about turning on a light.

There are said to be 3,534 short audio clips in that file alone.

She was also sent a “Contacts” file.

The TikToker stated: “It turns out they have a full list of my contacts from my phone and I never remember syncing that.”

visit this link https://www.tiktok.com/@m .. &is_copy_url=0

“The very last thing that I didn’t know that they had, I could have a*sumed that they have but I don’t love that they have, is my location.”

She revealed another file that apparently showed the exact location of her Alexa smart speakers.

The social media star often makes videos about data privacy and tech.

She said: “I’m not totally comfortable with everything they have.”

The video has been viewed millions of times.

One shocked viewer wrote: “It’s scary that people with Echo Dots and Alexa’s etc don’t know that Amazon records you and keeps the recordings.”

While another joked: “Can someone explain to me why this is ‘scary’? I’m not interesting enough to care if they have my contacts or audio.”

An Amazon spokesperson said: “We give customers transparency and control over their Alexa experience.”

“Customers can easily review and delete their voice recordings, or choose not to have them saved at all, at any time.”

“Customers can import their mobile phone contacts to the Alexa app so they can use features like hands-free calling and messaging; this optional feature, which customers need to set up, can be disabled at any time.

“Finally, you can grant permissions for the Alexa app to use certain data, such as your mobile device’s geolocation, to provide relevant results (e.g., weather, traffic, restaurant recommendations), and you can manage these permissions in the app.“

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/1 .. -home-gadgets/

Cell phones are bad enough. I can't fathom why people willingly put this sh*t in their house.
+25   

best
worst
100 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 68897 68 K  Slaps total: 5092 5 K
I don’t have any echo, dots, or any of those devices in my home. This is one of the many reason why I don’t have them

Yet

I’m sure other devices are recording and I/ we don’t know how to get those files

Phones
- each app

Video game consoles
- them sh*ts always randomly come on

Fire sticks/ Chromecast
- maybe

Everything is recording something
+77   

1 month ago '07        #3
sleep23rd 
Props total: 14837 14 K  Slaps total: 6495 6 K
soooo...use something else
+14   

1 month ago '16        #4
Stables08 
Props total: 19065 19 K  Slaps total: 4370 4 K
Not the brightest bulb is she..worried about privacy yet invites Amazon into her home smh
+89   

1 month ago '16        #5
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 41369 41 K  Slaps total: 4780 4 K
All I got from this video is she is def on the spectrum if not flat out retarded.
+33   

1 month ago '15        #6
T rootz 
Props total: 6914 6 K  Slaps total: 532 532
Google has more than that..... Probably even when your smashing or getting smashed pause........ No homo whatever your preference is some of y'all bx'ers be living different
+35   

1 month ago '05        #7
pippen33 
Props total: 24230 24 K  Slaps total: 1909 1 K
So dont use that sh*t. Problem solved
+14   

1 month ago '07        #8
Selfish SOB  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 35142 35 K  Slaps total: 8572 8 K
She’s an idiot. It’s every time she used the dot and she connect it to her Amazon account no questions. Clout wars
+11   

1 month ago '17        #9
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 96614 96 K  Slaps total: 27642 27 K
B b b but vaccine shots are going to control people.
+2   

1 month ago '18        #10
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 67220 67 K  Slaps total: 15598 15 K
You have a device in your home that is designed to listen to your voice and activate on demand, and your shocked its has voice clips of you and your location, if you have it synced to call certain people, then it would need access to your phone contacts as well

Its not the government, you're just a moron
+51   

1 month ago '18        #11
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 67220 67 K  Slaps total: 15598 15 K
 Ymmot said
B b b but vaccine shots are going to control people.

+9   

1 month ago '19        #12
Big Gurthy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 22181 22 K  Slaps total: 2260 2 K
 Proffesor X said
You have a device in your home that is designed to listen to your voice and activate on demand, and your shocked its has voice clips of you and your location, if you have it synced to call certain people, then it would need access to your phone contacts as well

Its not the government, you're just a moron
This right here.

She could just not have them products but that’s too hard. It’s easier to make a tik Tok complaining
+8   

1 month ago '04        #13
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 33960 33 K  Slaps total: 8212 8 K
man my boy who flips houses been doing these fully connected smart homes with smart locks, nest, smart bulbs, etc. all connected through the Google home platform. I tried to tell him the convenience isn't worth it. Turn your own damn light on to maintain some sort of privacy. I don't want Amazon knowing I'm banging my wife at 9:30pm on a Tuesday and then all of a sudden get KY and condom ads when I go to set my fantasy lineup after we're done.
+33   

1 month ago '05        #14
stanis3k  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 4428 4 K  Slaps total: 362 362
You have a recording device in your house that listens all the time, what exactly did she expect?

Man foh
+5   

1 month ago '05        #15
projectd06 
Props total: 32837 32 K  Slaps total: 7881 7 K
Made your entire house smart but suprised that products you speak to are recording sh*t you say? Bought smart bulbs and suprised it has you talking about turning off the lights on file?

Man that house is smarter than she is.
+15   

1 month ago '15        #16
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 62268 62 K  Slaps total: 3465 3 K
Man your fu*king phone is recording you. Scary world.
+18   

1 month ago '14        #17
brotheramir 
Props total: 2821 2 K  Slaps total: 346 346
At least I know where to go to hear my sh*t talkin and arguments…

+6   

1 month ago '21        #18
pikadadon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 7897 7 K  Slaps total: 2795 2 K
That's a woman?

1 month ago '12        #19
daman729 
Props total: 78528 78 K  Slaps total: 3268 3 K
 Blafy said
I don’t have any echo, dots, or any of those devices in my home. This is one of the many reason why I don’t have them

Yet

I’m sure other devices are recording and I/ we don’t know how to get those files

Phones
- each app

Video game consoles
- them sh*ts always randomly come on

Fire sticks/ Chromecast
- maybe

Everything is recording something
Exactly. People complain about Amazon, etc. But the apps on their phone keeps tabs on them 24/7. We live in a tech age. There's no way of escaping it unfortunately. If youre connecting to the internet via any device that receives and/or sends out data, you're being recorded. Theres a big a*s folder or folders stored on a server with your data in it.
+7   

1 month ago '13        #20
jrockex 
Props total: 7927 7 K  Slaps total: 698 698
amazon even has her location

+6   

1 month ago '06        #21
Supreme7 
Props total: 6362 6 K  Slaps total: 1069 1 K
Yall always blaming the people.. What about False Representation
+2   

1 month ago '05        #22
Schavez98 
Props total: 7572 7 K  Slaps total: 1333 1 K
What is a realistic alternative to a Smartphone in 2021? I really haven’t upgraded yet because I don’t want to pay $1500 for a personal spying tool.

1 month ago '19        #23
jordanair45 
Props total: 7923 7 K  Slaps total: 1655 1 K
At least Apple gives you a little bit of control over your privacy.

But that’s why their stuff doesn’t work as good as others.
+2   

1 month ago '20        #24
GoGoSunday 
Props total: 5905 5 K  Slaps total: 258 258
 sleep23rd said
soooo...use something else
right get your lazy a*s up and turn off the damn light… lmao people will trade their whole freedom for a minor convenience

I thought she was going to say Amazon was recording her kids or her phone calls this is just clout chasing

Last edited by GoGoSunday; 10-20-2021 at 07:23 PM..
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '20        #25
blackpillblack 
Props total: 15188 15 K  Slaps total: 7032 7 K
It’s been out over a decade.. everything is recorded in real time and can be accessed at any time in the future. The tv is microphone device also; Edward Snowden had the paperwork.
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+101online now  33
Deion invited Brittany Renner to speak to his team
189 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  29
Zion Williamson suffers "setback" and return has been delayed
72 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside Dec 2 - Joel Osten church finessin
86 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside Sandra Bullock Admits She Isn’t As ‘Woke’ As She Thought Parenting 2 Bl..
82 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy