Oct 19 - Train riders held up phones as woman was r@ped, SEPTA police say

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '04        #1
3244 page views
59 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 20938 20 K  Slaps total: 2195 2 K
Oct 19 - Train riders held up phones as woman was r@ped, SEPTA police say

A man charged with raping a woman on a commuter train just outside of Philadelphia harassed her for more than 40 minutes while multiple people held up their phones to seemingly record the a*sault without intervening, authorities said.

More than two dozen train stops passed as the man harassed, groped and eventually r*ped the woman, the police chief for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority said at a news conference Monday.

Police do not believe a single witness on the train dialed 911. They are investigating whether some bystanders filmed the a*sault.

Both the man and woman got on the train at the same stop Wednesday night in North Philadelphia. Officers pulled the man off of the woman at the last stop. They responded within about three minutes of a 911 call from a transportation authority employee, authorities said.

"What we want is everyone to be angry and disgusted and to be resolute about making the system safer," SEPTA Police Chief Thomas J. Nestel III said at the news conference.

Authorities want to make sure that the lack of action onboard the train isn't repeated. Officials are reminding passengers to use the emergency contact buttons located on each SEPTA car to contact authorities when they see criminal activity.

Arrest records show Fiston Ngoy, 35, was charged with r*pe and related offenses.

The affidavit of arrest for Ngoy detailed times of the a*sault, including that during those 40 minutes the woman appears to repeatedly push Ngoy away.

Nestel would not give an approximate number of witnesses and it was unclear from the affidavit how many passengers were present for those 40 minutes. Authorities have not released the surveillance video.

"I can tell you that people were holding their phone up in the direction of this woman being attacked," he said.

Elizabeth Jeglic, a psychology professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, researches s*xual violence prevention. She said if people feel uncomfortable physically intervening, there are other options like calling the police.

"When we have multiple people, people don't necessarily intervene," she said. "However, more recent research actually suggests that looking at video footage of more extreme circumstances that up to 90% of cases we do see people intervening. So it was actually somewhat of an aberration in this case that somebody did not step forward to help this individual."

Superintendent Timothy Bernhardt, of the Upper Darby Police Department, has said surveillance footage showed other riders were on the train and someone "should have done something." Messages for Bernhardt were left Monday.

The New York Times reported that Bernhardt said that people who recorded the attack and failed to intervene could possibly be charged, but that would be up to the Delaware County District Attorney's office to determine.

There were no calls made to 911 in Philadelphia. Nestel said police were still waiting for Delaware County 911, which covers the last two train stops, to determine if it received any calls.

Investigators said in the affidavit that Ngoy sat down next to the woman about a minute after he boarded the train car, shortly after 9:15 p.m. The video shows her pushing him away multiple times until he is seen ripping her pants down at about 9:52 p.m.

Bernhardt said officers arrived at the 69th Street terminal on the Market-Frankford Line, the busiest route on SEPTA, around 10 p.m.

A SEPTA employee who was in the vicinity as the train went past called police to report that "something wasn't right" with a woman aboard the train, Bernhardt said.

SEPTA police waiting at the next stop found the woman and arrested Ngoy, who they had pulled off of the woman. She was taken to a hospital.

According to the court documents, the woman told police that Ngoy ignored her pleas to go away.

Ngoy claimed in his statement to police that he knew the victim, but couldn't remember her name and said the encounter was consensual.

Ngoy, who listed his last address as a homeless shelter, remained in custody on $180,000 bail. His initial court appearance is scheduled for Oct. 25. Court records show he had not requested a public defender as of Monday.

SEPTA issued a statement calling it a "horrendous criminal act" and urged anyone witnessing such a thing to report it to authorities by calling 911, pressing an emergency button on every train car or using the authority's emergency safety app.

"There were other people on the train who witnessed this horrific act, and it may have been stopped sooner if a rider called 911," the authority said.

visit this link https://6abc.com/septa-ra .. rain/11141667/
+5   

best
worst
59 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
Coffee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 51320 51 K  Slaps total: 10772 10 K
"Defend yourself. Equal rights is a thing, mama."

1 month ago '10        #3
rich21886 
Props total: 3001 3 K  Slaps total: 176 176
This story is sick but I think it's also being sensationalized. I saw this this sh*t on the news the day after & they said the lady went into "shock". I honestly think passengers thought they were witnessing two freaks & not a r*pe. The recording it is still weird & sick but ppl hop on & off the El at all the stops, be damn near impossible to prove these ppl knew someone was being r*ped.

Last edited by rich21886; 10-19-2021 at 10:50 PM..

1 month ago '06        #4
d4deesnuts 
Props total: 10847 10 K  Slaps total: 1121 1 K
All those mofos recording deserved to be r*ped. The homeless rapists needs to be k*lled asap with his useless self after having a train ran on his a*s in prison and his d*ck chopped off.
+30   

1 month ago '05        #5
Tha TC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 33421 33 K  Slaps total: 1677 1 K
And n*ggaz were saying that the dudes in LA were wrong for whooping that old n*gga. Some sh*t shouldn’t be tolerated n*ggaz legit sat and watched and RECORDED a r*pe. Fk them people
+49   

1 month ago '18        #6
Sick Flair 
Props total: 20830 20 K  Slaps total: 1494 1 K
What in the blue fu*k type of world are we living in now days?
+25   

1 month ago '20        #7
Mysticman  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 43924 43 K  Slaps total: 13946 13 K
 Sick Flair said
What in the blue fu*k type of world are we living in now days?
every single one of them needs to be r*ped on-site with the police filming it so they know how it feels
+6   

1 month ago '15        #8
MichaelVickStan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 34599 34 K  Slaps total: 8228 8 K
They definitely finna feel that karma for that how u sit and let a woman get r*ped right in front of u
+18   

1 month ago '11        #9
SomeOnesoN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17527 17 K  Slaps total: 2347 2 K
 Tha TC said
And n*ggaz were saying that the dudes in LA were wrong for whooping that old n*gga. Some sh*t shouldn’t be tolerated n*ggaz legit sat and watched and RECORDED a r*pe. Fk them people
I hope the people of Philly are disgusted with themselves, especially the people on that train. They should already be ashamed of themselves.
+7   

1 month ago '19        #10
It is I 
Props total: 910 910  Slaps total: 240 240
People want so badly to validate their existence with a story that they forgot to be human.
+16   

1 month ago '17        #11
SupremeBeing5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 19993 19 K  Slaps total: 6004 6 K
were they all vaccinated?

sounds like it

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '21        #12
Linas Kleiza 
Props total: 10995 10 K  Slaps total: 6045 6 K
I hate people and wish they didn't exist.
+6   

1 month ago '04        #13
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 40309 40 K  Slaps total: 3118 3 K
Bruh the people on the train most likely thought they were dope fiends trust me they trying to deflect the fact that septa cops let addicts get high on the train, trust me this most likely the case
+16   

1 month ago '05        #14
JayThunder 
Props total: 682 682  Slaps total: 195 195
theory.... based on what the prev said last, it sounded like he knew her before but not her name and he was homeless .....was she ever homeless? If so was she a junkie or a worker? Did she seem to allow it based on prior engagements of their past. Either way it wrong 100% but all them heads and she aint scream or shout for help ?? 40mins!?
+7   

1 month ago '15        #15
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 62272 62 K  Slaps total: 3465 3 K
fu*k them all for that. Sincerely
+3   

1 month ago '18        #16
dogfood2 
Props total: 12833 12 K  Slaps total: 9201 9 K
Worst generation of people of all time
+5   

1 month ago '10        #17
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 93262 93 K  Slaps total: 20000 20 K
Y’all falling for the bullsh*t.

This didn’t happen like they are saying it did. These were two drug addicts fu*king on the train.

I spoke with a lady who I know that rides the El everyday to work and home and she said there’s no way this happened like they are saying it did. There’s a button on the train you can hit in case of an emergency and it alerts the police to the train car.

Philly police looking to get some sh*t pushed through that’s going to replace them not being able to make traffic stops anymore
+21   

1 month ago '10        #18
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 93262 93 K  Slaps total: 20000 20 K
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Bruh the people on the train most likely thought they were dope fiends trust me they trying to deflect the fact that septa cops let addicts get high on the train, trust me this most likely the case
And letís be honest, if they were in the train for 40 minutes, they were traveling the entire trip from Frankford to 69th.

At 9pm.

Thatís drug addict behavior
+12   

1 month ago '09        #19
59fifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 44477 44 K  Slaps total: 8230 8 K
Bro I’m the king of minding my business, but sh*t cmon yo…even I’m intervening on that one…humans are sh*t
+9   

1 month ago '04        #20
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 40309 40 K  Slaps total: 3118 3 K
 Nautilus O said
And letís be honest, if they were in the train for 40 minutes, they were traveling the entire trip from Frankford to 69th.

At 9pm.

Thatís drug addict behavior
Facts
+2   

1 month ago '15        #21
Mal215 
Props total: 23448 23 K  Slaps total: 2983 2 K
 SomeOnesoN said
I hope the people of Philly are disgusted with themselves, especially the people on that train. They should already be ashamed of themselves.
City is doomed

If chicago was Sadom

Philly is definitely gamora

1 month ago '06        #22
StillFree28 
Props total: 13714 13 K  Slaps total: 368 368
Black Mirror
+1   

1 month ago '17        #23
S PHX GOD 
Props total: 55280 55 K  Slaps total: 7858 7 K
they were recording for a @ subwaycreatures slot

honestly speaking, if i seen two fiends fooling around on the 2 train.. i would just walk to the next car, while a few would stay back and record.

the cops always exaggerate their claims for every case. if you believe everything the cops say you minus whale think Santa claus is real. cats in this thread is not from these types of areas to have the wherewithal to see through bullsh*t. the narrator of the news story is an agent smith.
+3   

1 month ago '16        #24
MOF410 
Props total: 1888 1 K  Slaps total: 328 328
Cities are not good for people.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #25
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 119232 119 K  Slaps total: 5414 5 K
 It is I said
People want so badly to validate their existence with a story that they forgot to be human.
^^this too
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  24
Video inside Dec 2 - Joel Osten church finessin
87 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+105online now  23
Deion invited Brittany Renner to speak to his team
193 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside Sandra Bullock Admits She Isnít As ĎWokeí As She Thought Parenting 2 Bl..
85 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+58online now  10
Video inside Black Man orders Chinese food in fluent Chinese and they pretend they d..
136 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy