Oct 19 - NYPD cops refuse to wear masks, boot rider from NYC subway for raising issue

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
23 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '04        #1
718 page views
16 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 20858 20 K  Slaps total: 2191 2 K
Oct 19 - NYPD cops refuse to wear masks, boot rider from NYC subway for raising issue

A pair of unmasked NYPD cops shoved a straphanger out of a Manhattan subway station on Tuesday after he says he repeatedly asked them why they werent following a state rule that requires people to cover their faces in mass transit facilities.

Andy Gilbert, 27, said he got off his downtown W train at 8th St. in the East Village around 8:40 a.m. when he saw the cops standing on the platform without masks.

Recently I started doing short videos whenever I see that and ask why the cops arent wearing masks, said Gilbert, who lives in Queens.

This morning I did the same thing. I asked both of them if they realize its illegal to not have a mask on in the subway. I asked, Why dont you just put on a mask?

A state rule that took effect in September 2020 requires everyone to cover their faces on the subway or face a $50 fine.

The male officer kept saying he couldnt hear me through my mask, said Gilbert. Eventually the back and forth went on for two or three minutes. The male officer declared that I was being disruptive.

At this point, the officers who Gilbert identified by their badge numbers as Joseph Vincent and Grace Rosero Tapia shoved the querying straphanger out the stations emergency gate.

Video posted on Twitter shows a male officer pushing Gilbert toward the gate. A female officer pushed the gate open as the male pushed Gilbert out of the platform area. The video doesnt show the confrontation that led up to that incident.

An NYPD spokesperson said the incident is under internal review.

Gilbert said he regularly sees cops flouting the states mask requirement in the subway and has never seen officers crack down on riders who fail to wear masks.

Metropolitan Transportation Authority officials have over the last 15 months pushed for mask usage so more New Yorkers feel comfortable riding the the subway. The MTA regularly holds mask force events in which volunteers and agency leaders hand out masks to riders in trains and stations, and asks those who are unmasked to cover their faces.

The MTA last month announced a crackdown on riders who decline to wear their masks in transit after the agencys internal police force issued just 41 summonses for the violation over the first year the policy was in effect.

Its unclear whether the NYPD has enforced the mask requirement at all. NYPD representatives said the department does not track data to that level of specificity.

Ive had police threaten me a few times for asking them why theyre parked in bike lanes, but Ive never had any cop physically a*sault me, Gilbert said.

Cops dont care about the law, said Gilbert. They just do whatever they want and theres no accountability.

visit this link https://www.nydailynews.c .. k3q-story.html
+7   

best
worst
16 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x52
Props total: 116157 116 K  Slaps total: 22783 22 K
fire they a*ses
+7   

1 month ago '16        #3
JustVibe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 18900 18 K  Slaps total: 1169 1 K
They got the union backing them up , they feel untouchable
+3   

1 month ago '13        #4
Phenom354 
Props total: 46726 46 K  Slaps total: 3191 3 K
 JustVibe said
They got the union backing them up , they feel untouchable
*Are untouchable
+3   

1 month ago '19        #5
Zack Bible 
Props total: 1547 1 K  Slaps total: 1036 1 K
Wow I actually support the pigs in this one

1 month ago '17        #6
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 40505 40 K  Slaps total: 12140 12 K
 Zack Bible said
Wow I actually support the pigs in this one
Of course you do. You have Bible in your name. Youre programmed to be a bootlicker.
+10   

1 month ago '19        #7
Zack Bible 
 Mario Chalmers said
Of course you do. You have Bible in your name. Youre programmed to be a bootlicker.
That fakkit was outta line, got what he deserved, no black person would engage the cops like that, white boy deserved it

1 month ago '17        #8
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 40505 40 K  Slaps total: 12140 12 K
 Zack Bible said
That fakkit was outta line, got what he deserved, no black person would engage the cops like that, white boy deserved it
Out of line to ask those who protect and serve to protect and serve?
+5   

1 month ago '04        #9
JiggZ 
Props total: 508 508  Slaps total: 65 65
I support masks on public transportation but not trying have a stranger tell me what to do in general

Big karen vibes
Dont know whole story

1 month ago '20        #10
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 26878 26 K  Slaps total: 1794 1 K
Oh wow, they're fining people for not wearing a mask on the train!?! sh*t... I could only imagine the craziness that's taken place on the subway and buses these days.

I'm not an anti-masker but I'm just imagining how turned up this sh*t had everyone from the masks to the mandates. Probably more than I've realized.

I'm in the grey with this one. Yeah masked guy shouldn't be telling another grown dude what to do. Yeah jacob should've been wearing their masks. But iono man, it's kinda fu*ked up how a lot of them feel like they gotta be above the law instead of enforcing it. It's also fu*ked up too that they shoved him out through the gate like that and I'm sure he paid. Hopefully the person at the booth let 'em rock.

But he is BOLD for pressing them like that. Another user said that a black person wouldn't engage with them like that and I agree. They tend to do corny unnecessary sh*t when they're on the scene. Sometimes sh*t could end up fatal. Too risky.

They did that guy dirty but I'll digress and just end this post by saying that it's a good thing that that sh*t didn't escalate and also that the dude wasn't black because I am very certain some dumb crazy sh*t woulda happened if that was the case just off the strength of how the male officer was moving...

1 month ago '18        #11
TheLuminousOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 48939 48 K  Slaps total: 2664 2 K
fu*king hate pigs

1 month ago '11        #12
megalomaniacal 
Props total: 15555 15 K  Slaps total: 2222 2 K
Free kyrie

1 month ago '19        #13
Zack Bible 
 Mario Chalmers said
Out of line to ask those who protect and serve to protect and serve?
Christ masks dont work

1 month ago '19        #14
Zack Bible 
I got no love for mask nazis, and ppl wonder why folk are gettin k*lled for tryna force them on ppl, keep thinkin sh*ts a game, y’all look stupid and ppl hate you, I back the blue one this one, f*g**t a*s fauci d*ck suckin losers

1 month ago '21        #15
Broke  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 999 999  Slaps total: 338 338
Any police officers in here? Is pushing him out of the station considered use of force?

Seems like that should have been documented in an incident report

1 month ago '07        #16
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x62
Props total: 97353 97 K  Slaps total: 12355 12 K
no surprise, it's been known cops are filthy fu*ks

cops exist to get paid and get home, that's it

and if they can shoot an unarmed person in the back, all the better

but why would they stop?

ya'll keep rewarding their behavior with your support of the racist economy

1 month ago '07        #17
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x62
Props total: 97353 97 K  Slaps total: 12355 12 K
 Broke said
Any police officers in here? Is pushing him out of the station considered use of force?

Seems like that should have been documented in an incident report
are you really asking if a cop will admit to wrongdoing?

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  13
The Island Boys Get Boo'd While Performing At Club Liv In Miami
125 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+102online now  12
Image(s) inside Picture of black hole released . Space is spooky
278 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+117online now  8
Despite everything, they made the time to show homie love
107 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+34online now  7
Video inside You missed Mana(Decentraland) and Sand(The sandbox), now what?
58 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy