Oct 19 - China film that defeats the US Army to become the country's biggest film ever

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
14 replies  @games

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '11        #1
3756 page views
96 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 166465 166 K  Slaps total: 23189 23 K
Oct 19 - China film that defeats the US Army to become the country's biggest film ever

"-The Battle at Lake Changjin" has made $769 million since releasing in China on September 30.
-In the state-funded movie, outgunned Chinese troops beat their US foes during a Korean War battle.
-China's box office is the biggest in the world, meaning this film is also the biggest in the world.

A Chinese state-backed propaganda epic about the defeat of US troops is on track to become the country's highest-grossing movie of all time.

"The Battle at Lake Changjin" follows a group of Chinese soldiers during the Korean War as they try to beat back US and allied forces from what is now China's border with North Korea, despite freezing conditions and staggering odds.

The film hit Chinese cinemas on September 30 — the day before China's weeklong National Day holiday — and has made $769 million to date, Variety reported, citing data from the consultancy Artisan Gateway.

The Chinese box office is the biggest in the world, meaning "The Battle at Lake Changjin" is the biggest film in the world.

It is also the most expensive movie ever made in China, costing more than $200 million, The Hollywood Reporter reported.

The film coincided with a concerted effort by Beijing to whip up nationalist sentiment on the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Chinese Communist Party.

And it appears to be paying off: Based on current trajectories, "The Battle at Lake Changjin" is set to become the highest-grossing film of all time in the country, the state-run Global Times newspaper reported Sunday.

The current most successful Chinese film is "Wolf Warriors II," which brought in $882 million in 2017. The star of the film, Wu Jing, also plays a prominent role in "The Battle at Lake Changjin."

But it could still be a close call.

The Chinese ticketing portal Maoyan has estimated that "The Battle at Lake Changjin" will end up making a total of $843 million, Deadline reported, which could have it narrowly losing out to "Wolf Warriors II." But that would still mean it beats China's "Hi, Mom" to become the highest-grossing movie of 2021 anywhere in the world.

At the Chinese box office, "The Battle at Lake Changjin" will soon be competing with the new James Bond film "No Time To Die," which premieres on October 29, and "Dune," which premieres on Thursday.

The Chinese government has long maintained a tight grip over movie releases, often censoring or even banning certain movies seen to jeopardize its power or interests.

visit this link https://www.businessinsid .. g-ever-2021-10
+10   

best
worst
96 comments

1 month ago '11        #2
PotheadFocker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 31512 31 K  Slaps total: 3658 3 K
Try that sh*t in my neighborhood

+53   

1 month ago '21        #3
LuxG2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23186 23 K  Slaps total: 4829 4 K
Naw…
+3   

1 month ago '10        #4
lltreyll 
Props total: 6110 6 K  Slaps total: 1877 1 K
Dont know about China, but soon as all the covid sh*t dies down enough I expect America to get involved in a major war, because historically the USA is well overdue considering the time between major wars involving the US is way past the average already.
+23   

1 month ago '11        #5
SomeOnesoN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17449 17 K  Slaps total: 2343 2 K
All Chinese have is manpower. During the Korean war, they sent wave after wave of malnourished Chinese soldiers into the meat grinder. That's the only way they ever stood a chance.

Check out the Netflix series Medal of Honor, the soldier named Hershey from New Mexico.

Last edited by SomeOnesoN; 10-20-2021 at 05:49 AM..
+31   

1 month ago '15        #6
DamianDragunov 
Props total: 61649 61 K  Slaps total: 9171 9 K
Sweet, since it’s backed by the state gov, maybe they’ll put some hints on how they plan on handling the US military in it…

It’s gonna start in Australia anyways…
We probably had subs of their coast and Japan on the ready for years.

Last edited by DamianDragunov; 10-19-2021 at 06:10 PM..
+15   

1 month ago '16        #7
wesleypipes 
Props total: 25274 25 K  Slaps total: 3557 3 K
 SomeOnesoN said
All Chinese have are manpower. During the Korean war, they sent wave after wave of malnourished Chinese soldiers into the meat grinder. That's the only way they ever stood a chance
Yeah we fu*ked up tho how many ig thot men we got now, half these guys aint built for contact sport how they expect to be put in a war

1 month ago '13        #8
boobalo1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16751 16 K  Slaps total: 1843 1 K
 SomeOnesoN said
All Chinese have are manpower. During the Korean war, they sent wave after wave of malnourished Chinese soldiers into the meat grinder. That's the only way they ever stood a chance.

Check out the Netflix series Medal of Honor, the soldier named Hershey from New Mexico.
Lookout fam.. and it’s still, the same strategy they intend to use now..
+6   

1 month ago '04        #9
gh3tto 
Props total: 50676 50 K  Slaps total: 13175 13 K
The Battle at Lake Changjin is known as the frozen chosin in the us

+8   

1 month ago '13        #10
PsychoCyber 
Props total: 6098 6 K  Slaps total: 378 378
FOH wit da bullsh*t
+16   

1 month ago '18        #11
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 70197 70 K  Slaps total: 6019 6 K
China aint going to fu*k with its biggest customer, plug might talk loud but it knows best.
+21   

1 month ago '07        #12
stogz 
Props total: 111095 111 K  Slaps total: 14278 14 K
 DUCEDUCE said
China aint going to fu*k with its biggest customer, plug might talk loud but it knows best.
Plus, war isn't even fought like that anymore. Now it's all armies of guys on laptops.

However, did i just read that they created some new missile that's super fast and america has no clue wtf that technology is?
+8   

1 month ago '13        #13
boobalo1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16751 16 K  Slaps total: 1843 1 K
 DUCEDUCE said
This is the most important deterrent.. and amazingly it is completely overlooked. Let that surplus run negative for a few consecutive quarters and see if things don’t sour..
+3   

1 month ago '21        #14
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 6993 6 K  Slaps total: 6105 6 K
Art imitates life
+2   

1 month ago '14        #15
Debreezy5 
Props total: 1909 1 K  Slaps total: 599 599
Anybody else noticing this constant push of asian power & culture lately with these movies, tv series ect.
+18   

1 month ago '18        #16
classicrap1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 17434 17 K  Slaps total: 21899 21 K
 wesleypipes said
Yeah we fu*ked up tho how many ig thot men we got now, half these guys aint built for contact sport how they expect to be put in a war
WTF are you talking about.

do you realize how many division 1 athlthes they are. and how many

u.s. boxers

amtura and pro

pro wreslters,

college wreslters

bastkeball college players.

mma f*ghters

karate nigas

soccer rugby

kickboxing

body building n*ggas

ymca n*ggas

gym rats

and gun tooting thugs over here in america.

chinese n*ggas are weak as fu*k.

now if this was russia you might have a point.

2. but NAME ME ONE fu*kIGN CHINESE n*gga YOU KNOW IS AT THE TOP OF THE LIST SPORTS ACROSS AMERICA. AND ACROSS THE WORLD.

TELL ME A CHIESE COMPETITOR THAT WON AT THE U.S. OLYMICS.

TELL ME A CHINESE FOOTBALL PLAYET.

BASKETBALL PLAYER

MMA PLAYER

BOXER

sh*t n*gga JAPAN IS MORE GANGSTA THAN CHINA.

AND THAT IS NOT SAYING MUCH.

n*gga OTUI OF ALL THE RACES I FOUGHT. CHINESE MEN ADN ASIAN MEN ARE THE WEAKEST.

1 month ago '18        #17
 wesleypipes said
i rarely even see a chinese n*gga in the gym,ymca, or playing sports.

all them n*ggas do is on that esports sh*t and r*pey anime henati sh*t.

you think this is some henati and anime sh*t.

get real n*gga. i am 6'1 129 pounds and even i would mop the floor with chinese n*ggas.

1 month ago '16        #18
wesleypipes 
Props total: 25274 25 K  Slaps total: 3557 3 K
 classicrap1 said
i rarely even see a chinese n*gga in the gym,ymca, or playing sports.

all them n*ggas do is on that esports sh*t and r*pey anime henati sh*t.

you think this is some henati and anime sh*t.

get real n*gga. i am 6'1 129 pounds and even i would mop the floor with chinese n*ggas.
You 6'1 and 129 my point exactly
+9   

1 month ago '18        #19
 Debreezy5 said
Anybody else noticing this constant push of asian power & culture lately with these movies, tv series ect.
yes stop the asian hate.

more asian reality shows

more asian sitcoms.

more asian culture in movies,tv shows and anime and hentai.

yes i think something is coming up soon. i pray not tho.

the whole world is at stake if china and u.s. go to war. planet earth is going to looks like namek did when goku and freiza was f*ghting.

1 month ago '19        #20
ITL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 6121 6 K  Slaps total: 743 743
Predictive Programming
+3   

1 month ago '18        #21
 wesleypipes said
i wreslte with a 49 yeare old who was 280 pounds.

and thought that size matter too.

when we was wreslting. i put him a lock and slam him down and he face was bleeding.

4. not saying i am strong. because i am far from it. and have no punching power against bigger and stronger foes.

5. but when it comes to combat and wreslting i can get a few punches and submissions in before i get fu*ked up.

and again for 6'1 129 pounds that is not saying much of how weak chinese n*ggas are. if i said i fought all races of dudes. and asians and chinese are the weakest.

1 month ago '18        #22
 wesleypipes said
have you ever fought a chiense n*gga or seen a asian n*gga who could f*ght or hardly see them in sports or at the gym.

1 month ago '04        #23
mista_millz 
Props total: 6779 6 K  Slaps total: 1063 1 K
 boobalo1 said
This is the most important deterrent.. and amazingly it is completely overlooked. Let that surplus run negative for a few consecutive quarters and see if things don’t sour..
China isnt ALL about money and freedom though.

1 month ago '15        #24
Truthseeker007 
Props total: 4304 4 K  Slaps total: 728 728
 wesleypipes said
Average height of the Chinese is 5'7..

+4   

1 month ago '05        #25
Rockstar718 
Props total: 36270 36 K  Slaps total: 3084 3 K
 Debreezy5 said
They finally catching up to the decades of American propaganda through media
+11   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  34
Video inside Viral rappers 'Island boys' push cryptocurrency raising concern about r..
31 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+103online now  30
I've seen Scarface over 10,000+ times and I just now realized what Tony said!
86 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+73online now  27
Checking in on the Brady made Belichick narrative
87 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+135online now  22
Bun B Said Fabolous Stays In The Trenches