For my 9-5ers, what do you guys usually do after work?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
19 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section wild 'ish

1 month ago '20        #1
7609 page views
209 comments

brother  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 3345 3 K  Slaps total: 334 334
For my 9-5ers, what do you guys usually do after work?

I'm trying to better use my time after-work. I realized I've gotten into a bad habit of going to the gym and then spending all night playing videogames.

I never used to be a big gamer but lately I got hooked on this one online game and I realized I've logged way too many hours into it

I got a bunch of friends but they all live in the suburbs whereas I live in the city, so usually Monday-Friday I'm doing my own thing and I'm trying to get more creative and productive with my time

What do you guys usually do when you're NOT working to stay productive?
+60   

best
worst
209 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 49084 49 K  Slaps total: 7364 7 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 brother said
I'm trying to better use my time after-work. I realized I've gotten into a bad habit of going to the gym and then spending all night playing videogames.

I never used to be a big gamer but lately I got hooked on this one online game and I realized I've logged way too many hours into it

I got a bunch of friends but they all live in the suburbs whereas I live in the city, so usually Monday-Friday I'm doing my own thing and I'm trying to get more creative and productive with my time

After work,
Smoke weed, Play Xbox, Read/Study, Research, Pop sh*t on Boxden.
typical sh*t
+176   

1 month ago '06        #3
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31934 31 K  Slaps total: 9154 9 K
I battle with this too...

I don't know how successful you have been towards your goals...but don't be so hard on yourself by taking it leisurely after work...i was caught up in that frame of mind for so long, that even when i finally "made it" and was in a position earning that good check I thought I had to be doing more...

Right now I am working on a post graduate program in business...so i work...have dinner, spend time with the fam, and then work on my school work...that will be my life for another year
+52   

1 month ago '20        #4
brother  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
 Johnathan Hill said
After work,
Smoke weed, Play Xbox, Read/Study, Research, Pop sh*t on Boxden.
typical sh*t
sounds kind of like all the sh*t I do

Smoke Weed? Check. Bad habit. I really need to cut this sh*t out

Play Xbox? Check

Ready/Study? I read and study but it mostly comprises of surfing twitter or reddit. And since I'm doing it while I'm high, I don't retain a lot of it

Research? I guess, but with no clear goal or objective.Research contains getting lost in a rabbit hole on Wikipedia or Youtube

Pop sh*t on boxden? Well, of course

I guess I need to pick a specific hobby, cus a lot of the above just ends up with me stoned on the couch looking at my phone for hours

but thanks for sharing
+62   

1 month ago '20        #5
 imthatinfamous said
I battle with this too...

I don't know how successful you have been towards your goals...but don't be so hard on yourself by taking it leisurely after work...i was caught up in that frame of mind for so long, that even when i finally "made it" and was in a position earning that good check I thought I had to be doing more...

Right now I am working on a post graduate program in business...so i work...have dinner, spend time with the fam, and then work on my school work...that will be my life for another year
My actual goal is to get out of the rat race, so I have ways to go.

I had a goal to get another source of income this year, and I managed to get 3 more. So that's cool - but again, it's all tech job bullsh*t that helps me live comfortably but it isnt anything I'm excited to do every day. It's just a job

but thanks for the advice - I think I am just getting too caught up in wanting more. I guess that's that late-stage capitalism sh*t people talk about. It's never enough - shiny toy syndrome. Always need the latest and greatest. Keeping up with the jonses. Social media magnifies this.
+20   

1 month ago '06        #6
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31934 31 K  Slaps total: 9154 9 K
 brother said
My actual goal is to get out of the rat race, so I have ways to go.

I had a goal to get another source of income this year, and I managed to get 3 more. So that's cool - but again, it's all tech job bullsh*t that helps me live comfortably but it isnt anything I'm excited to do every day. It's just a job

but thanks for the advice - I think I am just getting too caught up in wanting more. I guess that's that late-stage capitalism sh*t people talk about. It's never enough - shiny toy syndrome. Always need the latest and greatest. Keeping up with the jonses. Social media magnifies this.
I feel you...i don't necessarily love what i do...but i also know less than a handful of people that love what they do for work...

Exactly right...it's never enough...people just keep reaching for more it is our nature
+6   

1 month ago '20        #7
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 23538 23 K  Slaps total: 4922 4 K
I usually fix a cup and drank.

I've been on an Old Hollywood movie binge lately and trying to re-familiarize myself with the classics. So for the past few months, I've been binging a lot of classic sh*t when I get off. Probably watch Carmen Jones tonight.
+20   

1 month ago '18        #8
classicrap1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 17434 17 K  Slaps total: 21899 21 K
 brother said

i used to be a video game addict too back 1999 to 2012. this is why i am scared of playing video games. i was a video game expert.

3.i try to used behaviorism as a reward for been disclipline with my diet,fasting,excerise and dopamine fasting,mediatino and prayer not do a religion but one god.

adn my rewards are video games,pr0n,teleivison and cheat meals.

5. I use to be a video game master. beat almost 50 games from each console

from 1991 to 2015.

1. i beat 50 nes games.

2. beat 50 sega g games.

3. beat 50 snes games.

5. 50 ps1 games.

6. 10 sega cd games.

6 sega saturn games.

30 n64 games.

100 arcade games from 1983 to 2010.

10 gba games.

3 psp games.

5 game boy games.

10 sega game gear games.

5 ps2 games.

6 gamecube games.

1 xbox game.

3 wii games.

1 wii u game.

but so 400 games in a lifetime. and now i want to play video games again to keep myself from breaking my fast. and help get my mind off food and hungry pains. and winter time bordom.

but i am scared that if i do that. i will no longer be discipline with my working out,mediating,praying, and outside activities.

which will cuase me to be addicted to video games again.

1 month ago '18        #9
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 67089 67 K  Slaps total: 15581 15 K
I work from home, play video games, smoke weed, drink, work a little,

Work out, go to the park on my lunch breaks, go out to eat for lunch a few days a week

Just found out I likely will not go be going back to the job and will be working from home indefinitely.

Covid actually got something right

Now I have to find out something to break the day to day monotony
+37   

1 month ago '09        #10
NcAlien 
Props total: 4824 4 K  Slaps total: 318 318
Great thread OP

This is a great discussion. I know that leisure time is essential to your success you just have to balance it with some focused value added activity.

However I would not just think about your goals but write them down and then take some time everyday to visualize them. Once you get to a point where thinking about your goals and your future in the present you are more likely to setup a habit of investing some additional time to make the goal actionable.

For me I am working to become a partner in my office so I have been reading a book a month and deliberately spending time on things that will keep me competitive with my counterparts
+21   

1 month ago '18        #11
 brother said

i feel your pain.

2. i had a difficult 3 day session aka 72 hours straight trying to get the wii u emulator,sega saturn and sega dreamcast emualtor and ps2 emualtor to work.

4. i could not get the wii u emulator to work because my computer is not fast enough.

5. i cannot get ps3 emulator or ps vita or to work either. my 2018 desktop pc is not make for large gaming.

6. so i eventually after 3 days got sega saturn,sega dreamcast and ps2 emulator to work.

4.then wii u emulator worked but extremely slow. super mario world 3d was so addictive i spend like 3 hours playing it before i realize let me stop before i spend about 5 days trying to beat this game.

then i tested fist of the north star and unreleased tiny toon adventure for ps2 emulator after i spend like 2 hours trying to code the emulator to work. spend like 3 hours playing it. because the graphics were so gorgeous on my QHD pc montior.

i just wonder how clear it would look on 4k monitor.

2. then i got try guridan heroes and dragon ball z shin butoden on sega saturn and it was amazing. it was funnier than i envisioned it would be.

3. then i try powerstone 2 and dead or alive 2 on sega dreamcast emulator. and damn it look so amazing.

3. then i try dragon ball z budokai techi 3 on wii and rayman legends. and man that HD was amazing.

so basically what i am saying is i realized that video games was so fun and so much of a dopamine drive for me. that i got lost in it. and spend 20 hours in a week.
+1   

1 month ago '21        #12
Still2Highh 
Props total: 15831 15 K  Slaps total: 2575 2 K
9-5s used to have me so mentally drained..

I aint have energy to do sh*t after work but sleep or get high n do nothin but watch movies till I fell asleep..then wake up at some dumb a*s hour that would constantly fu*k my schedule up.
+27   

1 month ago '12        #13
DannyStr8G 
Props total: 3717 3 K  Slaps total: 1354 1 K
go clay shooting
+4   

1 month ago '18        #14
 brother said

i got a stomach ulcer so i cannot work anymore. i drop out of ged school because i am retarded.

so basically when i am not at school or wokr. on the toilet all day.

so when my stomach ulcer is not going crazy.

2. workout excerising at home. if i cannot go to the gym or trampoline park.

50 pull ups

500 crutches

60 minutes on the cardio once every 2 to 3 days.

200 dumbell half lifts.

cycling machine for 2 hours or 3 hours.

use a desk punching bag.

15 pound dumbell shoulder lifts.

listen to easy listening music and looking at the sky while getting in fresh air.

3. mediate and do 500 crutches and listen to easty listening 60s,70s soul and orchesta and rnb music. and gospel music.

5. cry and dream about fu*king a s*xy girl.

6.be on boxden.

8. addicted to the internet.

9. repeat mantras about losing my virigintiy,getting ssi check, becoming my own payee and legal gurdian.

10., abd wish to be famous and rich.

1 month ago '18        #15
 Still2Highh said

I aint have energy to do sh*t after work but sleep or get high n do nothin but watch movies till I fell asleep..then wake up at some dumb a*s hour that would constantly fu*k my schedule up.
me too. sh*t rumpke trash recleying smell so bad and was so taxing i would lose weight from that job alone.

1 month ago '18        #16
 brother said

i try to write down and do mediatiton goals. and record in my mp3 to help me get better mental,emtional,phsical and fincinally.

but i still have not kept up with it.
+1   

1 month ago '20        #17
 Still2Highh said

Yea I'm afraid of becoming too content and not maximizing the hours that should matter the most
+3   

1 month ago '05        #18
th4lb 
Props total: 13652 13 K  Slaps total: 1375 1 K
I usually spend time working on my after job job and relaxing....I’m trying to find a league to play in so I can get in shape and have fun doing it...I wanna spend more time doing creative sh*t too like writing or making music
+3   

1 month ago '14        #19
Sense Maker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23475 23 K  Slaps total: 4620 4 K
I get home, walk my dogs, toss my 2 year old around for a while, find a project to work on in the house, if there's nothing to do I mess around on the PS or catch a TV show, but I'm not a big TV watcher tbh.

I work at big a*s hospital and my job requires a lot of walking, so I take advantage of that by doing 20 flights of stairs a day, and about 13,000 steps.
+11   

1 month ago '16        #20
Stefan 
Props total: 4507 4 K  Slaps total: 610 610
Do whatever the fu*k you wanna do, OP. Don’t let anyone judge your lifestyle. We could die tomorrow. As long as you’re staying righteous, saving a lil money & your hobbies don’t interfere with work… you’re good.

I don’t do sh*t after work but play video games with my wife, smoke good gas, fu*k & watch Netflix. And there’s nothing wrong with that. We could die tomorrow. fu*k what those other n*ggas are doing. Enjoy your life!!!

This song should help drive the point home (seriously, listen to it)

+28   

1 month ago '21        #21
Still2Highh 
Props total: 15831 15 K  Slaps total: 2575 2 K
 brother said
Yea I'm afraid of becoming too content and not maximizing the hours that should matter the most
Might wanna start by setting specific smaller goals each day for after u get home..like a schedule workin towards ya main goal.

Especially if its tryna get out the 9-5 life .. cause as a entrepreneur u gon have to get used to that discipline anyway.

That's why most rather play wit businesses on the side..cause it's no safety net when u dont got a check coming in and tryna flip the same $$ u tryna live off.

But at the same time.. that pressure and dedication can also be what makes u successful.. cause if u really really want it.. u don't got a choice or the opportunity to become content.
+5   

1 month ago '21        #22
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 17262 17 K  Slaps total: 4280 4 K
 classicrap1 said
i used to be a video game addict too back 1999 to 2012. this is why i am scared of playing video games. i was a video game expert.

3.i try to used behaviorism as a reward for been disclipline with my diet,fasting,excerise and dopamine fasting,mediatino and prayer not do a religion but one god.

adn my rewards are video games,pr0n,teleivison and cheat meals.

5. I use to be a video game master. beat almost 50 games from each console

from 1991 to 2015.

1. i beat 50 nes games.

2. beat 50 sega g games.

3. beat 50 snes games.

5. 50 ps1 games.

6. 10 sega cd games.

6 sega saturn games.

30 n64 games.

100 arcade games from 1983 to 2010.

10 gba games.

3 psp games.

5 game boy games.

10 sega game gear games.

5 ps2 games.

6 gamecube games.

1 xbox game.

3 wii games.

1 wii u game.

but so 400 games in a lifetime. and now i want to play video games again to keep myself from breaking my fast. and help get my mind off food and hungry pains. and winter time bordom.

but i am scared that if i do that. i will no longer be discipline with my working out,mediating,praying, and outside activities.

which will cuase me to be addicted to video games agin.
Play returnal on the ps5 breh

1 month ago '18        #23
 Jonny2soxs said
Play returnal on the ps5 breh
i am not a new school video game fanatic. and i am on ssi and retarded. and my payee and legal grudian is control of most of my income. so i cannot.

but i am reading,studying and filed a guardship removal form and ssi said once i remove the guardian and become my own guardian. then i can become my own payee and get payeeship and control of my wealth again.
+2   

1 month ago '07        #24
Selfish SOB  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 35093 35 K  Slaps total: 8564 8 K
Got visit my parents, workout, listen to music, kiss girls, etc…
+1   

1 month ago '21        #25
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 17262 17 K  Slaps total: 4280 4 K
 classicrap1 said
i am not a new school video game fanatic. and i am on ssi and retarded. and my payee and legal grudian is control of most of my income. so i cannot.

but i am reading,studying and filed a guardship removal form and ssi said once i remove the guardian and become my own guardian. then i can become my own payee and get payeeship and control of my wealth again.
The reason I say play returnal is because it’s hard as fu*k

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+137online now  28
Bun B Said Fabolous Stays In The Trenches
197 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+104online now  23
I've seen Scarface over 10,000+ times and I just now realized what Tony said!
87 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+74online now  14
Checking in on the Brady made Belichick narrative
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+31online now  10
Stephen Curry Got Words For The Referee