Rumor: New Killer Instinct in Development?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '20        #1
830 page views
21 comments

5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x164
Props total: 87081 87 K  Slaps total: 17815 17 K
Rumor: New k*ller Instinct in Development?

There's been a fair bit of talk about the potential of a new k*ller Instinct over the past year, and now according to a rumour from Shpeshal Nick on TheXboxEra podcast, it may finally be becoming a reality.
Nick brought this up as part of the 'Rumour Mill' section of the podcast, where he divulged the following:
"What I've been told is that yes, k*ller Instinct is in active development. It's not just coming back, it's in active development at the moment."
"For anyone asking me, I don't know the studio [working on it]."
No further details were provided, aside from the speculation that former k*ller Instinct developer Iron Galaxy (KI: Season Two and Three) won't be involved, and neither will Mortal Kombat and Injustice studio NetherRealm.
As you may recall, head of Xbox Phil Spencer mentioned back in June that the team "want[ed] to continue to do something with k*ller Instinct", and that it was all about "finding the right team and the right opportunity".
+13   

best
worst
21 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 93360 93 K  Slaps total: 15953 15 K
they been saying this for decades at this point lol
+6   

2 months ago '17        #3
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 88901 88 K  Slaps total: 32536 32 K
Hopefully
+1   

2 months ago '17        #4
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 190682 190 K  Slaps total: 14109 14 K
 Skateboard T said
they been saying this for decades at this point lol
The latest one came out in 2013. Where are you getting this decades from?

+21   

2 months ago '18        #5
Twrecz 
Props total: 6861 6 K  Slaps total: 595 595
 5ive04our said

fu*k a rumor. MS tripping if don't make another. sh*t they could just have another season of dlc for the last joint. Game was flames.
+7   

2 months ago '06        #6
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 93360 93 K  Slaps total: 15953 15 K
 Naga Sadow said
The latest one came out in 2013. Where are you getting this decades from?

I'm saying ever since the first one came out there's been rumors of a new one. There were "rumors" on N64, on gamecube, on 360. It's been the go-to f*ghting game rumor for since 1996
+2   

2 months ago '17        #7
 Skateboard T said
I'm saying ever since the first one came out there's been rumors of a new one. There were "rumors" on N64, on gamecube, on 360. It's been the go-to f*ghting game rumor for since 1996
There's always rumors about games. Chrono Trigger has been rumored to remade?

+4   

2 months ago '20        #8
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17435 17 K  Slaps total: 11941 11 K
i'm sorry but KI 2013 was a big miss for me

1. the aesthetic was not the same at ALL. there was a certain "look and feel" that KI 1 & 2 had that definitely wasn't there in KI 2013.

2. the idea to do a reboot instead of just continuing the story from KI2

3. not even bothering to call it "Killer Instinct 3" for whatever fu*ked up reason

4. Jago, arguably the star of the franchise, spending the 17 year break in between games pigging out on steroids and HGH.

5. giving jago those tattoos was stupid as fu*k and it was like all he was missing was an apron and a cleaver because that garish, ugly fu*king mask looked like some kinda weirdo cosplaying as a meat butcher in a S&M fetish pr0no or something.

2 months ago '11        #9
BaseWhitaker 
Props total: 30008 30 K  Slaps total: 4390 4 K
Killer Instinct is the Cult Following of all Cult Followings but the player base rocked with it

A friend of mine is a top-500 player worldwide on that Jawn goes to Locals all of that: They have their base it’s just small

For a smaller title to eat it has to has to have Rollback Netcode: All f*ghting Game IPs should take a note from the coming King Of f*ghters, that sumbi*ch is going to have every Feature imaginable Online Training all of that

Microsoft has the dough to make it right, just make the game through and the culture will rock with it, games like these are Niche-Comminities, though, like Virtua f*ghter
+6   

2 months ago '12        #10
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6292 6 K  Slaps total: 1032 1 K
Ms failed k*ller instinct by letting the game die because they were too lazy to patch it correctly and keep it competitive. This is a prime example of making a f*ghting game casual friendly does not create new life long fans. Oh and still easily the best looking f*ghting game in 4k by a fu*king long shot.
+5   

2 months ago '17        #11
 halochicken said
Ms failed k*ller instinct by letting the game die because they were too lazy to patch it correctly and keep it competitive. This is a prime example of making a f*ghting game casual friendly does not create new life long fans. Oh and still easily the best looking f*ghting game in 4k by a fu*king long shot.
They made a huge patch and kept the game fairly balanced. I wish they promoted it more though for events like EVO.
+3   

2 months ago '12        #12
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6292 6 K  Slaps total: 1032 1 K
 Naga Sadow said
They made a huge patch and kept the game fairly balanced. I wish they promoted it more though for events like EVO.
no brother the game was not fairly balanced and why all of us in the community including the die hards just simply walked away from the game.
+3   

2 months ago '17        #13
Lazy 
Props total: 27371 27 K  Slaps total: 3564 3 K
They have to bring back Mick Gordon on the soundtrack
+3   

2 months ago '21        #14
Ltg 
Props total: 484 484  Slaps total: 29 29
The game needs more polish this time around for sure. The only thing I really liked was how easy and accessible they made it to get into and play. The new character design were to Damn busy tho. Nothing beats the OG models
+6   

2 months ago '17        #15
Thegreatiandi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28271 28 K  Slaps total: 2362 2 K
 Ltg said
The game needs more polish this time around for sure. The only thing I really liked was how easy and accessible they made it to get into and play. The new character design were to Damn busy tho. Nothing beats the OG models
I definitely thought the new character models were super busy. I know that they can't do what they did with k*ller instinct gold or anything like that but, there was way too much going on per character.

I also feel like the balancing issue wasn't the greatest even with patching. I'll always be a k*ller instinct one and two fanatic though. I just beat Eyedol from part one and Gargos from part two last week on the arcade.

Some of the hardest in boss f*ghts in any f*ghting game.

+4   

2 months ago '16        #16
Almightyvsop 
Props total: 12511 12 K  Slaps total: 273 273
 Thegreatiandi said
I definitely thought the new character models were super busy. I know that they can't do what they did with k*ller instinct gold or anything like that but, there was way too much going on per character.

I also feel like the balancing issue wasn't the greatest even with patching. I'll always be a k*ller instinct one and two fanatic though. I just beat Eyedol from part one and Gargos from part two last week on the arcade.

Some of the hardest in boss f*ghts in any f*ghting game.

Bruh eyedol was cause of my stress as a kid in snes. I would hate seeing that ugly mf stomping his feet n charging up cuz I knew that combo was coming. I honestly didn’t beat the game on 5 star difficulty til I was grown as a bi*ch.

Chief thunder and tj combo
+4   

2 months ago '05        #17
Krazie 
Props total: 44099 44 K  Slaps total: 6816 6 K
KI 2013 was amazing
+3   

2 months ago '21        #18
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 17361 17 K  Slaps total: 4288 4 K
Didn’t really care for the last one

2 months ago '17        #19
 halochicken said
no brother the game was not fairly balanced and why all of us in the community including the die hards just simply walked away from the game.
I'm still getting it in and 8ve been here since launch.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #20
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4047 4 K  Slaps total: 695 695
Someone is probably starting this rumor because Phil Spencer mentioned needing a studio for it a few months ago

It'd seem pretty fast to already have found a studio that ain't in-house to make a KI game after mentioning it

2 months ago '13        #21
Ta388 
Props total: 11938 11 K  Slaps total: 1163 1 K
I’m down, I still play the 2013 one from time to time

2 months ago '05        #22
thaghost36 
Props total: 2032 2 K  Slaps total: 102 102
This is the news I’ve been waiting for!

KI was the reason I bought the Xbox One (with Kinect lol!) on launch day.

And yeah like someone said the graphics on KI are still some of the best on any f*ghting game.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+26online now  22
Video inside RICK ROSS DISSES MEEK MILL AND SAYS “he sold his soul but still on a le..
256 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+123online now  18
Dude Tells Joel Osteen He's A Piece Of Sh*t As They Take A Selfie Together
138 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+106online now  10
Video inside She actually has a point
132 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  9
Dec 7 - Ethan Crumbley appointed lawyer by court after parents only hired thei..
57 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy