Wale had that heat back in the Blog era, why can't he just run his race?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

2 months ago '18        #1
3164 page views
132 comments

Steve Gee97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 23905 23 K  Slaps total: 3297 3 K
Wale had that heat back in the Blog era, why can't he just run his race?

Here I am on a Wale binge at work since 3AM this morning... I remember when him and Meek had that MMG stimulus package back when I just started high school.

Wale made some catchy songs looking back on it. 10 years later, I am going back though his catalog and revisiting those songs

That Guitar melody had me playing this on repeat

Dude should have accepted that he wasn't gonna be big as Drake....

Rather than complain on social media, he should have took the Curren$y route and did his own thing.

[This is a discussion/feedback topic only]
+64   

best
worst
132 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 49086 49 K  Slaps total: 7364 7 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
For whatever reason, Wale never took on in the city like that.
He didn't have hate, n*gga def had support but it's like the city wasn't feeling his wave.
he started buzzing round the time Fat Trel and Shy Glizzy was building up steam. seem like the city took to Fat Trel and the SB more than Wale and his thing.

I know a bunch of folks not from here who fu*ks with his music, I rarely hear Wale being played in the city.
+20   

2 months ago '19        #3
TH4NOS 
Props total: 400 400  Slaps total: 32 32
��️

2 months ago '18        #4
Steve Gee97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
Props total: 23905 23 K  Slaps total: 3297 3 K
 Johnathan Hill said
He didn't have hate, n*gga def had support but it's like the city wasn't feeling his wave.
he started buzzing round the time Fat Trel and Shy Glizzy was building up steam. seem like the city took to Fat Trel and the SB more than Wale and his thing.

I know a bunch of folks not from here who fu*ks with his music, I rarely hear Wale being played in the city.

Wale didn't fit into the grimey image....

Being Dark skinned and being sensitive don't mix unfortunately..
+45   

2 months ago '20        #5
 Steve Gee97 said
Wale didn't fit into the grimey image....

Being Dark skinned and being sensitive don't mix unfortunately..
Sadly you spitting facts.
Oddly people a*sume all of D.C. is savage, don't get me wrong the city is a mixture of bad and good but unless you actively looking for an issue in DC you more than likely good (God forbid you happen to run short on luck but that's with any place on this planet).

I can't remember who said it, it may have been Wale himself but someone said that dark skinned rappers don't get on like lightskinned rappers and in some ways that factual but it's a stretch in a bit. Drake got on due to his entertainment connections and (forgive me for sounding ignorant) his religious/ethinic background (that being Judaism/Jewish) so he's a bit a step above 'regular' lightskinned n*ggas in a sense in my view.

Because lol, look at Tyga - n*gga bout' as light as Drake but Tyga got no where near the influence, connection or success as Drake. look at the Iceberg n*gga, son became a meme before he started producing (If I'm incorrect someone correct me, I thought son became a producer). so yea, Lightskinned rappers do get a slight leg up it seems but not all of em. also, look at King Yella - n*gga even was on cam and got shot at, any other Chiraq rapper would've blew up off that - King Yella still don't get respect even from n*ggas in his own city (to be clear, I am speaking strictly in music terms not street sh*t in regards to King Yella).

Last edited by Dap Or Slap Me; 10-17-2021 at 06:51 AM..
+15   

2 months ago '17        #6
thc 
Props total: 14845 14 K  Slaps total: 1264 1 K
to me Wale is like Troy Ave

d*ckhead personality overshadows the music
+26   

2 months ago '20        #7
 thc said
to me Wale is like Troy Ave

d*ckhead personality overshadows the music
Never met slim personally but a mutual friend shared a story with me that definitely paints Wale in the light of a d*ckhead. but I can't say for sure if that's his ways. I remember the story circulating the net about the rumor Spittah not liking Wale and the video of when Wale crashed the a session that was going on in another recording room in the same spot Wale was recording.

Wild thing is both Wale and Troy can really spit,
just public opinion on them isn't favorable.
+14   

2 months ago '15        #8
screwhead501  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1755 1 K  Slaps total: 353 353
 Johnathan Hill said

I don't think he has a strong regional sound even though he has done some gogo records.
+5   

2 months ago '20        #9
 screwhead501 said
I don't think he has a strong regional sound even though he has done some gogo records.
Never thought about it that way but that's possibly a reason.
+2   

2 months ago '21        #10
CMIYC 
Props total: 428 428  Slaps total: 29 29
 Johnathan Hill said

something to think about is that wale might not have the pull in his city like them, but them two never went too far past their city. wale had way more success nationally. focusing on your city just ain’t for everyone.

never really fw wale and i’m a big fan of ‘that’ type of hip hop. he’s definitely talented and i fw some albums but just wasn’t my cup, but he def had his own fanbase/wave that he should’ve just rode out with instead of bi*ching about sh*t. turns ppl off
+9   

2 months ago '20        #11
 CMIYC said
something to think about is that wale might not have the pull in his city like them, but them two never went too far past their city. wale had way more success nationally. focusing on your city just ain’t for everyone.

never really fw wale and i’m a big fan of ‘that’ type of hip hop. he’s definitely talented and i fw some albums but just wasn’t my cup, but he def had his own fanbase/wave that he should’ve just rode out with instead of bi*ching about sh*t. turns ppl off
Nah Fat Trel branched out,
Had a buzz in NY for a minute, connected with Keef and some of the GBE kats.
Got signed to Ross.
The same type of branching out was done by Shy Glizzy (not exactly the same though).

I'm not a fan of Wale but I'm not overly critical of his music either. I do like the "About nothing" series with Jerry S. but a few kats from DC got on they just ain't Drake status yet.
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '20        #12
GoGoSunday 
Props total: 6133 6 K  Slaps total: 263 263
 Johnathan Hill said
Never met slim personally but a mutual friend shared a story with me that definitely paints Wale in the light of a d*ckhead. but I can't say for sure if that's his ways. I remember the story circulating the net about the rumor Spittah not liking Wale and the video of when Wale crashed the a session that was going on in another recording room in the same spot Wale was recording.

Wild thing is both Wale and Troy can really spit,
just public opinion on them isn't favorable.
I’ve met him in real life on several occasions. One was at Ricky from the Huckabucks cookout. He came out next week with the song “Breakdown” sampling the Huckabucks that ended up on the Madden 09 soundtrack. So he’s always showed DC love. @ could probably break down more why he had so much blog era success. I hope he can continue to have success and I really would like to see him get some kind of announcing position with WWE since that’s something he’s passionate about.
+2   

2 months ago '14        #13
Nemohoes95 
Props total: 20779 20 K  Slaps total: 2381 2 K
His personality is bad, i remember doing security at the Barclays and he was always getting into with staff. Son mad rude. I had to tell him stop standing on the chair and son just looked at me and refused to get down. Wwe security had to personally talk to him.
+13   

2 months ago '07        #14
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 67021 67 K  Slaps total: 7189 7 K
the gifted will always be my sh*t

+6   

2 months ago '17        #15
Ygdirty 
Props total: 2064 2 K  Slaps total: 280 280
Y’all remember the wale garbage can photoshop thread lol he knew about that sh*t and it got taken down

Them industry nights be on here
+13   

2 months ago '20        #16
 GoGoSunday said
I’ve met him in real life on several occasions. One was at Ricky from the Huckabucks cookout. He came out next week with the song “Breakdown” sampling the Huckabucks that ended up on the Madden 09 soundtrack. So he’s always showed DC love. @ could probably break down more why he had so much blog era success. I hope he can continue to have success and I really would like to see him get some kind of announcing position with WWE since that’s something he’s passionate about.
respects and thanks for adding to the convo fam.

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '20        #17
GoGoSunday 
 Johnathan Hill said
respects and thanks for adding to the convo fam.
Nah preciate u u made a lot of dope points. I wanna add you to our gogo Sunday thread we do every week to promote gogo culture (which Wale is a part of too)
+1   

2 months ago '20        #18
 GoGoSunday said
Nah preciate u u made a lot of dope points. I wanna add you to our gogo Sunday thread we do every week to promote gogo culture (which Wale is a part of too)
I appreciate it fam,
and bet definitely tag me brother.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '20        #19
GoGoSunday 
 Johnathan Hill said
I appreciate it fam,
and bet definitely tag me brother.
Will do I tagged u for this week and ima add u to the roll call respect

2 months ago '17        #20
FashCashVasquez  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 15938 15 K  Slaps total: 8562 8 K
He's corny

NO ONE LIKES D.C

2 months ago '17        #21
GO GO is a*s, Trash

Only people in that wack a*s Washington DC area
Listen to Go Go

All jokes aside Go-Go sounds atrocious
And has no rhythm or Flavor
Lames cant even make descent music
In that Government plantation

2 months ago '15        #22
Johnny Cinco 
Props total: 16214 16 K  Slaps total: 4440 4 K
Wale made it lol. What y'all talking about.

He had his run.
+9   

2 months ago '14        #23
iamlegend24 
Props total: 17871 17 K  Slaps total: 1713 1 K
 Johnathan Hill said
Sadly you spitting facts.
Oddly people a*sume all of D.C. is savage, don't get me wrong the city is a mixture of bad and good but unless you actively looking for an issue in DC you more than likely good (God forbid you happen to run short on luck but that's with any place on this planet).

I can't remember who said it, it may have been Wale himself but someone said that dark skinned rappers don't get on like lightskinned rappers and in some ways that factual but it's a stretch in a bit. Drake got on due to his entertainment connections and (forgive me for sounding ignorant) his religious/ethinic background (that being Judaism/Jewish) so he's a bit a step above 'regular' lightskinned n*ggas in a sense in my view.

Because lol, look at Tyga - n*gga bout' as light as Drake but Tyga got no where near the influence, connection or success as Drake. look at the Iceberg n*gga, son became a meme before he started producing (If I'm incorrect someone correct me, I thought son became a producer). so yea, Lightskinned rappers do get a slight leg up it seems but not all of em. also, look at King Yella - n*gga even was on cam and got shot at, any other Chiraq rapper would've blew up off that - King Yella still don't get respect even from n*ggas in his own city (to be clear, I am speaking strictly in music terms not street sh*t in regards to King Yella).
Being dark-skinned has nothing to do with people fu*king with your music. Kendrick dark-skinned, da baby is dark-skinned, pop smoke is dark-skinned, kodak black is dark skinned , polo g is dark-skinned. If people fu*k with you they'll fu*k with you. Wale just had a fu*ked up attitude
+7   

2 months ago '17        #24
Keep it real

Down south/ Chicago drill gets more play
In Washington than Wale and Go-Go

Even they know their city is lame
And music is too

2 months ago '21        #25
BigChiefLA 
Props total: 4962 4 K  Slaps total: 1159 1 K
There is really no difference between Wale ,Kendrick and J Cole. The exact same person. K Dot just got that Dre backing. J Cole don’t say sh*t so he never rocks the boat. Wale speaks his mind about his craft in a industry where you gotta kiss a*s. I’m from LA but prefer Wale. Lots of phonies and fake tuff guys and drug addicts in the game.
+10   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+106online now  21
Video inside She actually has a point
132 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+125online now  17
Dude Tells Joel Osteen He's A Piece Of Sh*t As They Take A Selfie Together
138 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+26online now  15
Video inside RICK ROSS DISSES MEEK MILL AND SAYS “he sold his soul but still on a le..
258 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-29online now  8
Erykah Badu(50) Smashing a 27 Year Old
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy