Oct 15 - Biden's vaccine mandate for companies nears as proposed rule sent to White House

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
19 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #1
3773 page views
145 comments

Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 96106 96 K  Slaps total: 27414 27 K
Oct 15 - Biden's vaccine mandate for companies nears as proposed rule sent to White House

WASHINGTON, Oct 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. Labor Department on Tuesday submitted to the White House the initial text of President Joe Biden's plan to require private-sector workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or get tested regularly.

The department's Occupational Safety and Health Administration submitted the proposed rule for review. Some details could change, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters. The move indicates the proposed standard could be released soon.

The mandate will apply to businesses with 100 or more employees and will be implemented under a federal rule-making mechanism known as an emergency temporary standard. It would affect roughly 80 million workers nationwide.

Along with Biden's order last month that requires all federal workers and contractors to be vaccinated, the orders cover 100 million people, about two-thirds of the U.S. workforce.

Biden's mandate announcement in September came at a breaking-point moment as the country was struggling to control the pandemic and a large swath of the nation's population was refusing to accept free vaccinations that have been available for months. The coronavirus has k*lled more than 700,000 Americans.

The workplace vaccine order has spurred pushback from many Republican governors. On Monday, Texas Governor Greg Abbott, a Republican, issued an executive order banning businesses and other private entities in his state from requiring Covid-19 vaccinations for employees.

The plan has also drawn mixed reactions from companies. Many support the government's goal of speeding the pace of vaccinations, but smaller employers and those with mostly hourly workers have expressed concern the policy could be difficult to implement especially as it may lead to losing employees in a tight labor market in addition to managing the cost and complexity of vaccinate-or-test mandates.

Several big employers such as Procter & Gamble*(PG.N), 3M*(MMM.N)*along with airlines such as American and JetBlue*(JBLU.O)*have imposed mandates since Biden's announcement. Others such as IBM have said it will require all of its U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, regardless of how often they come into the office.

Several other large U.S. employers such as Walmart*(WMT.N), have yet to issue broad requirements. The Labor Department's standards will require many such companies to introduce mandates.

visit this link source

best
worst
145 comments

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #2
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
Seems like there are a lot of confused social media sheep...

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #3
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 86400 86 K  Slaps total: 30998 30 K
In a way I’m grateful for all this bullsh*t cause it’s gonna cause this government/country’s demise to occur sooner
+7   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '20        #4
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 19910 19 K  Slaps total: 33354 33 K
 Ymmot said
Seems like there are a lot of confused social media sheep...
THE QUESTION:

If an employer requires that an unvaccinated employee get periodically tested for COVID-19, is the employer responsible for paying for those tests?

THE ANSWER:

Employers are not legally required to pay for employees' COVID tests; however, they may choose to pay for them

They all said the onus is not automatically on the employers, even if though it's the employer requiring the tests.

"I think that the employer could require the employees to pay for it," Rapp-Tully said. "It certainly will not go on to the federal government as being of cost to them, but it'll ultimately come down to the employer and what the employer chooses to do.”

Prices for COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests in the Largest Hospitals in Each State

Last edited by BuiltForThis; 10-15-2021 at 03:41 PM..
+7   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #5
 SPdaGOAT said
In a way I’m grateful for all this bullsh*t cause it’s gonna cause this government/country’s demise to occur sooner
It'll only affect the lower class and a good part of the middle class. Guess you haven't figured that out yet.
+7   

1 month ago '06        #6
Supreme7 
Props total: 6354 6 K  Slaps total: 1069 1 K
 BuiltForThis said
THE QUESTION:

If an employer requires that an unvaccinated employee get periodically tested for COVID-19, is the employer responsible for paying for those tests?

THE ANSWER:

Employers are not legally required to pay for employees' COVID tests; however, they may choose to pay for them

They all said the onus is not automatically on the employers, even if though it's the employer requiring the tests.

"I think that the employer could require the employees to pay for it," Rapp-Tully said. "It certainly will not go on to the federal government as being of cost to them, but it'll ultimately come down to the employer and what the employer chooses to do.”

Wtf
+5   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #7
 BuiltForThis said
THE QUESTION:

THE ANSWER:

Check you out complaining about capitalism.
+5   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '20        #8
 Ymmot said
Check you out complaining about capitalism.
This commie world y’all rootin for can’t function with consolidated capitalism.

+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #9
 BuiltForThis said
This commie world y’all rootin for can’t function with consolidated capitalism.

I'm not a communist nor do I want communism. I make a lot of money, I'm a capitalist, but I understand why broke people like you don't like capitalism.

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '20        #10
 Ymmot said
I'm not a communist nor do I want communism. I make a lot of money, I'm a capitalist, but I understand why broke people like you don't like capitalism.
You a fluffer

Last edited by BuiltForThis; 10-15-2021 at 04:23 PM..
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #11
 Ymmot said
It'll only affect the lower class and a good part of the middle class. Guess you haven't figured that out yet.
Naw I knew. That’s all that’s needed. Gonna be interesting to see the elite mowing their lawns and delivering mail.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #12
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31380 31 K  Slaps total: 1489 1 K
i work for a fortune 500 they straight up told us get the vax or you're out. not even a daily testing option but they also pumped up our salaries (hourly workers by $2 too) by a few g's and $5k bonuses if you stayed with the company through the new year. i wasn't passing that money up got the one shot j&j. no side effects, even drank alcohol and didn't hydrate properly that entire weekend and was fine. never was anti-vax just never took it because i never was in situations where spreading events happen. i almost took it before a family reunion on labor day weekend because i was gonna be around dirty a*s kids but never did and still came out fine. but once work was like, "hey... here's free money" bet your a*s i took the shot
+13   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #13
 SPdaGOAT said
Naw I knew. That’s all that’s needed. Gonna be interesting to see the elite mowing their lawns and delivering mail.
People like you will be begging to mow their lawns just so you can eat one meal a day. You really haven't thought this out.

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '17        #14
 d.c. supreme said
i work for a fortune 500 they straight up told us get the vax or you're out. not even a daily testing option but they also pumped up our salaries (hourly workers by $2 too) by a few g's and $5k bonuses if you stayed with the company through the new year. i wasn't passing that money up got the one shot j&j. no side effects, even drank alcohol and didn't hydrate properly that entire weekend and was fine. never was anti-vax just never took it because i never was in situations where spreading events happen. i almost took it before a family reunion on labor day weekend because i was gonna be around dirty a*s kids but never did and still came out fine. but once work was like, "hey... here's free money" bet your a*s i took the shot
As would most people with common sense.

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #15
 Ymmot said
People like you will be begging to mow their lawns just so you can eat one meal a day. You really haven't thought this out.
So mowing lawns is gonna give me an exemption to the vax mandate?

Lets really unpack this. Think this can be a real interesting conversation, what say you?

Also, I have a French citizenship. What American lawn Ima be mowing?

1 month ago '04        #16
d.c. supreme  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31380 31 K  Slaps total: 1489 1 K
 Ymmot said
As would most people with common sense.
i just started working for them too because i used the whole labor shortage deal this year to move up salary wise changing jobs and only been there 3 months and already got a multi thousand dollar raise + bonus never seen so much leverage for workers ever in my life. i remember 2008 and the great recession when i graduated college people were begging for jobs, working part time getting d*cked down hard by employers. the birth of the gig economy. i knew what i saw coming into this year gotta strike while the iron is hot.
+5   

1 month ago '14        #17
BasedSoul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10903 10 K  Slaps total: 580 580
 d.c. supreme said
J&J

+12   

1 month ago '18        #18
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 33504 33 K  Slaps total: 3900 3 K
 SPdaGOAT said
So mowing lawns is gonna give me an exemption to the vax mandate?

Lets really unpack this. Think this can be a real interesting conversation, what say you?

Also, I have a French citizenship. What American lawn Ima be mowing?
A French citizenship? What is “A French citizenship” Your English looking suspect.
+4   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '20        #19
 d.c. supreme said
i just started working for them too because i used the whole labor shortage deal this year to move up salary wise changing jobs and only been there 3 months and already got a multi thousand dollar raise + bonus never seen so much leverage for workers ever in my life. i remember 2008 and the great recession when i graduated college people were begging for jobs, working part time getting d*cked down hard by employers. the birth of the gig economy. i knew what i saw coming into this year gotta strike while the iron is hot.
They gone testing what your limit is. You ain’t done with the J&J shots. Save up.

Last edited by BuiltForThis; 10-15-2021 at 06:17 PM..

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #20
 ChrisPartlowFro said
A French citizenship? What is “A French citizenship” Your English looking suspect.
Are you fu*king serious?

Lets get this nonsensical argument over with bruh

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #21
Interesting how all I got from that post was a slap, somebody going ghost and one of the worst troll comments the internet has ever seen.

1 month ago '18        #22
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 33504 33 K  Slaps total: 3900 3 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Are you fu*king serious?

Lets get this nonsensical argument over with bruh
weird grammatical error to make. You don’t make arguments though, you regularly engage in logical fallacies. The epítome of a bad faith arguer.

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #23
 ChrisPartlowFro said
weird grammatical error to make. You don’t make arguments though, you regularly engage in logical fallacies. The epítome of a bad faith arguer.
You’re absolutely right man. I mean I have no idea what grammatical error lies in French Citizenship but no fu*king doubt at all.

Thanks for lowkey admitting you have absolutely no argument for that post too lmfao. Go head and get the last word in.

1 month ago '06        #24
bxdiplomat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 20913 20 K  Slaps total: 2234 2 K
Yall anti-vaxx n*ggas had about 2 years to prep with one of them being with a vaccine.

Now the time is running out.

Check LinkedIn they asking for that sh*t in job postings.

They might not be asking for it on craigslist tho.

1 month ago '05        #25
blah blah blah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 95215 95 K  Slaps total: 79654 79 K
They got me
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+137online now  28
Bun B Said Fabolous Stays In The Trenches
197 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+104online now  23
I've seen Scarface over 10,000+ times and I just now realized what Tony said!
87 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+74online now  14
Checking in on the Brady made Belichick narrative
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+31online now  10
Stephen Curry Got Words For The Referee