Oct 15 - Apple Bows To China And Takes Down Bible and Quran Apps

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+19  157
23 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '07        #1
1556 page views
30 comments

yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 97893 97 K  Slaps total: 12532 12 K
Oct 15 - Apple Bows To China And Takes Down Bible and Quran Apps

Apple has censored a Quran app and a Bible app in China, the company confirmed to the BBC.

Apple said Chinese officials had flagged the apps as breaking laws on illegal religious texts.

Apple's human rights policy says the company is "required to comply with local laws."

Apple has taken down a Quran app and a Bible app in China at the request of Chinese officials, the company confirmed to the BBC.

The apps, which are called Quran Majeed and Bible App by Olive Tree, were first reported as having been taken down by activist website Apple Censorship on Tuesday.

Apple directed the BBC to its Human Rights policy, which says: "We're required to comply with local laws, and at times there are complex issues about which we may disagree with governments and other stakeholders on the right path forward. "

Apple told the BBC that Chinese officials had said the apps breached laws on hosting illegal religious texts.

Quran Majeed has over 5 million downloads on the Google Play Store, while Bible App by Olive Tree has just over 1 million.

The developer of the Quran Majeed app confirmed to Insider the app had been removed from China's App Store, and said Apple had instructed it to contact the the Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC).

"According to Apple, our app Quran Majeed has been removed from the China App Store because it includes content that is illegal in China as determined by the CAC, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines," Hasan Shafiq Ahmed, head of growth at Pakistan Data Management, told Insider in an email.

"We are trying to get in touch with CAC and relevant Chinese authorities to get this issue resolved as we had close to a million users for our app in China that have been impacted," Ahmed added.

The developer behind Bible App by Olive Tree did not immediately respond when contacted by Insider.

Apple did not immediately respond when contacted by Insider for comment.

The Chinese government has systematically persecuted its minority Uighur Muslim population and was detaining as many as 1 million people in a network of prison facilities, Human Rights Watch said in April.

In 2019 Insider's Alex Ma reported on China's various attempts to crack down on Muslims, Christians, and Bhuddists.

LinkedIn announced Thursday it was shutting down its localized site in China after it faced criticisms for censoring accounts in the country.

best
worst
30 comments

2 months ago '07        #2
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63 OP
Props total: 97893 97 K  Slaps total: 12532 12 K
christians doing business with China and buying Chinese

+8   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '21        #3
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 7169 7 K  Slaps total: 6768 6 K

2 months ago '07        #4
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24348 24 K  Slaps total: 7046 7 K
So what's the problem?

2 months ago '20        #5
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42077 42 K  Slaps total: 7845 7 K
I am no bible thumper but this is pure bs
+20   

2 months ago '16        #6
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x54
Props total: 117610 117 K  Slaps total: 23183 23 K

2 months ago '11        #7
Anti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 56306 56 K  Slaps total: 4212 4 K
I’m not crazy religious but I definitely remember waiting years for a decent Bible app to hit the App Store. I know some people use them in church and Bible study this seems like a big hit to the religious folks.
+12   

2 months ago '16        #8
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x54
Props total: 117610 117 K  Slaps total: 23183 23 K
obama phone ftw

2 months ago '17        #9
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 87690 87 K  Slaps total: 32007 32 K
China has been super gangster these last few years. They played on the world’s greed and ambition so ruthlessly
+18   

2 months ago '05        #10
ice wolf  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 25460 25 K  Slaps total: 9492 9 K
This shouldn’t surprise anyone. The CCP is it’s own culture and quasi religion.
+12   

2 months ago '13        #11
darkkingtrey 
Props total: 2915 2 K  Slaps total: 80 80

2 months ago '15        #12
redcodeinesyrup 
Props total: 9198 9 K  Slaps total: 3900 3 K
 ice wolf said
This shouldnít surprise anyone. The CCP is itís own culture and quasi religion.
that's wht I was trying to figure out so if neither of world top 3 (aside from Hinduism and judiaism/Jewish) religion texts aren't allowed what is their religion but I could see the government wanting to be the everything
+3   

2 months ago '04        #13
eddiefizzle 
Props total: 4347 4 K  Slaps total: 1867 1 K
everyone forget about tibet? Taiwan next and then its prolly the rest of the "free" world, bible and quaran predicts this and shows the timeline probably why china wants it banned makes a little too much sense not to take mental note.
+6   

2 months ago '21        #14
FRAZZELDRIP 
Props total: 6276 6 K  Slaps total: 2573 2 K
 foshoVoodoo said
obama phone ftw

U clearly never had one cause those sh*ts is trash. He took a check from the Chinese to put a bunch of spy ware in those phones to the point they barely work.

Gay crackhead uncle Tom sellout excellence<<<<<<<<<<<

2 months ago '13        #15
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 111621 111 K  Slaps total: 46083 46 K

2 months ago '05        #16
ice wolf  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 25460 25 K  Slaps total: 9492 9 K
 redcodeinesyrup said
that's wht I was trying to figure out so if neither of world top 3 (aside from Hinduism and judiaism/Jewish) religion texts aren't allowed what is their religion but I could see the government wanting to be the everything
Basically, when the CCP came to power in 1949 they destroyed all of their cultural-religious landmarks, ie: Buddhist temples and such.

They're still destroying ancient temples and landmarks to this day:

Essentially, the CCP is the religion of China, and when the CCP took over they destroyed all of China's ancient religious heritage. Mao has k*lled more people than Hitler or Stalin. That is certainly not a principle of Buddhism.

Buddhism is a beautiful peaceful religion that teaches it's followers to not act like the Chinese CCP rulers. So these communist hardliners k*lled their own culture to promote their own version of Marxism mixed with totalitarianism and communism.
+9   

2 months ago '20        #17
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 49086 49 K  Slaps total: 7364 7 K
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
China got the juice

2 months ago '17        #18
92baby 
Props total: 88486 88 K  Slaps total: 11586 11 K
Who gives a fu*k I don’t live in China

2 months ago '04        #19
SeanP 
Props total: 4634 4 K  Slaps total: 700 700
If you get up in the morning...

Take a shower...

Brush your teeth...

Drive to work...

Eat food...

use your phone...

do anything on a computer...

then you should already know...

China owns US n*gga...

Kiss the ring!

2 months ago '16        #20
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 41391 41 K  Slaps total: 4792 4 K
CPP just keeps smacking their d*ck around, hitting everything from Chinese citizens to US big tech companies.
+2   

2 months ago '14        #21
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 155373 155 K  Slaps total: 35403 35 K
 92baby said
Who gives a fu*k I donít live in China
If I recall, people said the same thing in January of 2020
+5   

2 months ago '04        #22
justinjones 
Props total: 42151 42 K  Slaps total: 2215 2 K
 Anti said
Iím not crazy religious but I definitely remember waiting years for a decent Bible app to hit the App Store. I know some people use them in church and Bible study this seems like a big hit to the religious folks.
do anybody know how many people in China use them? Itís only impacting them

2 months ago '13        #23
hoodnurd 
Props total: 3795 3 K  Slaps total: 563 563
we can either make these phones or break these phones your move um'erica
+1   

2 months ago '21        #24
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14905 14 K  Slaps total: 3628 3 K
Good.

Religious texts should be gatekept by academics, not the church.

That way, people could appreciate ancient texts for the art they are, monuments of our creative evolution, and not the literal word of God or divinely inspired.

2 months ago '10        #25
Bandito 
Props total: 40109 40 K  Slaps total: 5997 5 K
 FRAZZELDRIP said
U clearly never had one cause those sh*ts is trash. He took a check from the Chinese to put a bunch of spy ware in those phones to the point they barely work.

Gay crackhead uncle Tom sellout excellence<<<<<<<<<<<

That cell phone program started with Bush Jr. Reagan actually started it with landlines. I don't know how they came to be called "Obama phones" when he had nothing to do with the creation of the program.

When Obama was in office the program extended to internet service. That's how far tech had advanced by 2008. If you look at it from a fiscal point of view it makes sense. People getting food stamps, social security and disability doing sh*t online and over the phone means less in person interactions. The cost of a phone is minuscule to having a full time employee answering questions someone can look up online.

You seem to have some unnecessary hatred for the first Black President. Your username is also a tell that you are a irrational person. Think about it. Of all the things you could have picked. You decided I am going to go by FRAZZELDRIP. It is more creative than people that go by famous people or characters from movies and tv shows. That doesn't mean it's good.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  39
Video inside How Sandra Bullock raises her black son
86 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+50online now  33
Video inside This is Eminem's daughter now...
106 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+104online now  31
Video inside WELL DAMN!...Dr. Dre Addresses 50 Cent: "They Should Have His Picture....
184 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+105online now  21
DJ Paul & Gangsta Boo Slow Dancing to Bizzy Bone while he was singing made him..
325 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy