Fan of both, but Eminem taking Chino XL's style is crazy slept on .. Let's talk

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
36 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

1 month ago '20        #1
3802 page views
118 comments

finding formula  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2444 2 K  Slaps total: 233 233
Fan of both, but Eminem taking Chino XL's style is crazy slept on .. Let's talk

Did anybody else peep this or nah? sh*t was kind of obvious to me, but whatever lol

1. The celeb / famous rapper name drops
2. Bad mouthing the mother, that sh*t was never common, at that time, still isn't
3. Mocking handicap, sick, dead people
4. J Dilla/ Royce, ICP, Proof, all connection's to both. Chino was known in DET
5. Self deprecation sh*t
6. Horrorcore style from early years

More sh*t tbh

To clarify, Eminem borrowed styles from others, some of them he mentioned before, or didn't. Nas, AZ, Cage, etc got brought up, but never Chino. It's like he kind of pretended Chino never existed lol, which wasn't true. I legit never heard him mention him ever. I know Dilla and Proof fu*ked with CHino dating back to the mid 90's. Eminem would of been fine without Chino tbh, but just funny he never gave him props, or acknowledged him ever.. Again fan of both, could obviously tell Eminem was fu*king with the Here To Save You All CD.

"It will take the whole cast of ER to have your a*s walking again", you the overrated player white fans love like Dimaggio "

That was kind of a nasty double aunt if you get the drift with the first line

Again not an eminem bash, but just a little something that kind of went under the radar to me... chime in

+33   

best
worst
118 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
MegaTON 
Props total: 3162 3 K  Slaps total: 819 819
chino xl was big online back then, every backpack n*gga loved dude online in the late 90s/early 00s
+52   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '20        #3
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 77425 77 K  Slaps total: 4017 4 K
I like Chino he should get more credit especially for his older stuff but his sh*t gets annoying after awhile.

His work with Art of Origin still gets run from me.

He had the best line (his last bar) and that’s not easy on a track with Royce & Bis.

+17   

1 month ago '16        #4
Cedwards198451 
Props total: 8582 8 K  Slaps total: 3531 3 K
Cool story bro
+16   

1 month ago '06        #5
alchemy187 
Props total: 19311 19 K  Slaps total: 4813 4 K
You ain’t wrong.

Em’s style was an amalgamation of a lot of different cats. However Masta Ace to me was his most glaring.

I dont really care tho. Em ran with it and became a legend.

Props tho. New cats dont know chino xl other than Hit Em Up
+52   

1 month ago '20        #6
finding formula  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 alchemy187 said
You ain’t wrong.

Em’s style was an amalgamation of a lot of different cats. However Masta Ace to me was his most glaring.

I hear you, not a big deal to me either, just something I personally found interesting, as a fan of both. I mean most emcees after 89 took something from either Rakim, KMD, KGR, KRS, etc....

In A humble way FAce said he incorporated Chuck D, Ice Cube, Krs, etc and put his own twist on it., to be a better version.. Biggie and Pac took sh*t from Face after that. Rinse and repeat with most rappers. I just found it a little funny, Em never gave CHino his flowers... More times than not, emcees give kudos to people that influenced them. I got the impression a little, Em kind of hoped he never had to address this, cause maybe he felt a little guilty bout something

Proof is Eminem's OG, despite just being his hype man to some stans. , and Dilla always fu*ked with CHino. People brought this to light to Chino in interviews, and he always takes the high road, and gives Eminem props. Dude been trying to shed the PAc stigma for 25 years, he doesn't want to come off as the douchebag complaining about EM taking some sh*t from him.

People have a way of declaring if some Eminem fans are real fans of the art. Little stuff like this, is what sheds a better light on it to me..
+10   

1 month ago '12        #7
OskarDaHippie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 8276 8 K  Slaps total: 1807 1 K
Great observation op. never thought about it but it fits.
+8   

1 month ago '06        #8
SKDontPlay 
Props total: 3168 3 K  Slaps total: 264 264
I might go more in depth in terms or style and similarities, but I have a strong feeling that Chino has been ghostwriting for Em since 2011ish off and on.

I have no concrete evidence for this, but they have never acknowledged each other aside from running in similar circles and collaborating with some of the same artists. And Chino always seems to mention that he influenced the person that influences you, which is pretty general except a good majority of his fans were at one point nerdy white lyrical miracle rappers, and, well…

It’s a wild accusation. I know. But their flows and styles today are almost identical.
+9   

1 month ago '16        #9
vlwex 
Props total: 734 734  Slaps total: 78 78
Good to see some other Chino fans in here. I always felt this way, and oddly enough, i think the similarities (biting) stopped me from really appreciating Eminem. I think Here to Save You All is a near perfect album that never got the "correct" push. Chino should have at least been in the position that Canibus was in the culture around that time, but he rubbed solidified artists the wrong way with all those light disses. It was kinda unclassy that he released Jesus after Pac had already died too.

Seems as if others have noticed the similarities judging from that 2nd vid. I'll watch it one day.

Last edited by vlwex; 10-15-2021 at 02:28 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '16        #10
kos 
Props total: 227 227  Slaps total: 86 86
Chino nice

Last edited by kos; 10-15-2021 at 02:19 AM..
+10   

1 month ago '10        #11
Black Excellence  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 71727 71 K  Slaps total: 7512 7 K
Since we on that subject, why nobody wanna talk about Eminem mocking Canibus for being lyrical miracle then turning into that exact same person currently
+11   

1 month ago '13        #12
phxzeke 
Props total: 3607 3 K  Slaps total: 811 811
Fucc chinoxl

1 month ago '20        #13
Black Roc 
Props total: 1783 1 K  Slaps total: 51 51
Other than they're both known for the punchlines and obviously came from the battle circuit back then, Em didn't sound nothin like Chino to be called a biter
+12   

1 month ago '19        #14
Jadedkiss 
Props total: 11252 11 K  Slaps total: 525 525
 phxzeke said
Fucc chinoxl
+8   

1 month ago '06        #15
king kum  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 7645 7 K  Slaps total: 1656 1 K
 finding formula said
Did anybody else peep this or nah? sh*t was kind of obvious to me, but whatever lol

1. The celeb / famous rapper name drops
2. Bad mouthing the mother, that sh*t was never common, at that time, still isn't
3. Mocking handicap, sick, dead people
4. J Dilla/ Royce, ICP, Proof, all connection's to both. Chino was known in DET
5. Self deprecation sh*t
6. Horrorcore style from early years

More sh*t tbh

To clarify, Eminem borrowed styles from others, some of them he mentioned before, or didn't. Nas, AZ, Cage, etc got brought up, but never Chino. It's like he kind of pretended Chino never existed lol, which wasn't true. I legit never heard him mention him ever. I know Dilla and Proof fu*ked with CHino dating back to the mid 90's. Eminem would of been fine without Chino tbh, but just funny he never gave him props, or acknowledged him ever.. Again fan of both, could obviously tell Eminem was fu*king with the Here To Save You All CD.

"It will take the whole cast of ER to have your a*s walking again", you the overrated player white fans love like Dimaggio "

That was kind of a nasty double aunt if you get the drift with the first line

Again not an eminem bash, but just a little something that kind of went under the radar to me... chime in

Everybody rapped like that back in the day.
+4   

1 month ago '21        #16
Linas Kleiza 
Props total: 10453 10 K  Slaps total: 5585 5 K
I literally only know Chino XL from Pac dissing him on Hit Em Up
+11   

1 month ago '20        #17
finding formula  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 vlwex said
Good to see some other Chino fans in here. I always felt this way, and oddly enough, i think the similarities (biting) stopped me from really appreciating Eminem. I think Here to Save You All is a near perfect album that never got the "correct" push. Chino should have at least been in the position that Canibus was in the culture around that time, but he rubbed solidified artists the wrong way with all those light disses. It was kinda unclassy that he released Jesus after Pac had already died too.

Seems as if others have noticed the similarities judging from that 2nd vid. I'll watch it one day.
Good point, loved Here To Save You All also, but he for sure rubbed a lot of people in the industry the wrong way. A lot of people weren't going to fu*k with him after the PAC sh*t also. He put out a diss to respond to PAc while he was still alive, that was kind of beastly tbh, but could of done without the lines in Lyrical Jesus. That song was crazy for the time without the Pac lines

Rick Rubin doesn't fu*k with random rappers, and obviously has a good ear for talent and initially signed him. . He was supposed to work with Quincey Jones at one point, but he backed out when he found out he was dissing a lot of his close friends lol.. Dude had no filter when he was younger, and he kind of low key got black balled to an extent I think.
+6   

1 month ago '19        #18
Johnny Drama 
Props total: 6704 6 K  Slaps total: 5645 5 K
 alchemy187 said
You ain’t wrong.

The sh*t works both ways.

Ace mimicked Em a lot to and give him his props all the time.

He paid homage my copying a couple of Ems schemes on his best album.
+2   

1 month ago '04        #19
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 16011 16 K  Slaps total: 3481 3 K
chino XL, F u too

is the only time i heard about holmes
+3   

1 month ago '16        #20
diamond49811 
Props total: 565 565  Slaps total: 16 16
em did credit esham, manson and ozzy for his style. never thought bout chino or masta ace though
+4   

1 month ago '08        #21
YoungRay20  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 18477 18 K  Slaps total: 2906 2 K
 Linas Kleiza said

+1   

1 month ago '19        #22
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 50764 50 K  Slaps total: 5206 5 K
Okay I hear you talking but we just gonna pretend like Chino XL didn't take Jay whole Reasonable Doubt style though? This gets me to thinking about a whole other rabbit hole.....

1 month ago '14        #23
Mutant Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 47944 47 K  Slaps total: 32311 32 K
 Linas Kleiza said
You're not into hip hop like that and that's ok.
+6   

1 month ago '20        #24
OnlyFactz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35
Props total: 95631 95 K  Slaps total: 10485 10 K
Em borrowed from everybody.

Chino XL, Masta Ace, Treach, Cage, Kool Keith, Redman, Busta Rhymes, etc.
+8   

1 month ago '15        #25
MULVTTX 
Props total: 14003 14 K  Slaps total: 1076 1 K
 OnlyFactz100 said
Em borrowed from everybody.

Chino XL, Masta Ace, Treach, Cage, Kool Keith, Redman, Busta Rhymes, etc.
I don't see nothing wrong wit that, though.

Take the best of those before you and become a whole new monster.

Saying this as somebody that hates post relapse eminem
+9   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+118online now  13
Despite everything, they made the time to show homie love…
108 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+34online now  10
Video inside You missed Mana(Decentraland) and Sand(The sandbox), now what?
59 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+31online now  7
Image(s) inside Thanksgiving Crypto Sale!!!
64 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  6
Nov 25 - Welp son stabbed mom to death on indigenous people day
35 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy