Oct 13 - A record 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

2 weeks ago '05        #1
5165 page views
173 comments

bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 11195 11 K  Slaps total: 3097 3 K
Oct 13 - A record 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August

A record 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August, led by food and retail industries

Workers left their jobs at a record pace in August, with bar and restaurant employees as well as retail staff quitting in droves, the Labor Department reported Tuesday.

Quits hit a new series high going back to December 2000, as 4.3 million workers left their jobs. The quits rate rose to 2.9%, an increase of 242,000 from the previous month, which saw a rate of 2.7%, according to the departmentís Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey. The rate, which is measured against total employment, is the highest in a data series that goes back to December 2000.

Quits have been seen historically as a level of confidence from workers who feel they are secure in finding employment elsewhere, though labor dynamics have changed during Covid-19 crisis. Workers have left their jobs because of health concerns and child care issues unique to the pandemicís circumstances.

A total of 892,000 workers in the food service and accommodation industries left their jobs, while 721,000 retail workers departed along with 534,000 in health care and social a*sistance.

ďAs job openings and hires fell in August, the quits rate hit a new series high, surging along with the rise in Covid cases and likely growing concerns about working in the continuing pandemic,Ē said Elise Gould, senior economist at the Economic Policy Institute.

Covid cases have since been on the decline nationally, though some health care professionals worry about another rise during the colder months.

Job openings also declined sharply in August as hiring fell.

Employment vacancies fell to 10.44 million during the month, a drop of 659,000 from Julyís upwardly revised 11.1 million, according to the departmentís Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey. Federal Reserve officials watch the JOLTS report closely for signs of slack in the labor market.

The total fell well short of market expectations for 10.96 million openings, according to FactSet.

ďThere is an enormous labor shortage in the country right now and it is not just because people are quitting or have child care problems, or canít get to work due to the Delta variant,Ē wrote Chris Rupkey, chief economist at Fwdbonds. ďThe economy is strong as a bull, that is why there is a tremendous demand for labor.Ē

The job posting rate fell to 6.6% in August from 7% in July. That level was just 4.4% a year ago as the economy was still struggling to escape the Covid downturn.

Hires declined by 439,000 for a month in which nonfarm payrolls increased by 366,000. The hires rate fell to 4.3% from 4.6%, due largely to a plunge in leisure and hospitality. The sector, which took the hardest pandemic hit, saw hiring decline by 233,000, sending the rate down to 7.9% from 9.5% in July.

Government hiring also fell sharply during the month, down to 1.4% from 2.2%.

The JOLTS data runs a month behind the nonfarm payrolls report but still carries weight at the Fed. Central bank officials are mulling whether to begin pulling back the unprecedented policy help they provided during the pandemic, and are expected later this year to slow monthly bond purchases.

However, Fed officials have said they will not begin increasing interest rates until the labor market firms up.

visit this link https://www.cnbc.com/2021 .. ndustries.html
+18   

best
worst
173 comments

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '07        #2
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 91938 91 K  Slaps total: 11332 11 K
now is the time to play hardball with the racist economy and its stooges

if they're offering $12/hr, demand $13-15

set your availability and stick to it, make sure they know they can't push you around, tell them they can give you a consistent set schedule like an adult

remember, bending over backwards and breaking your back for an employer will never pay off for you, only for them, your next job will never be able to see how you ruined your life for a greedy business

drop the fake interview persona, let them see who you are, if they don't like you, it won't be a good experience

ask hard, aggressive questions "why is this position open? how long has it been open? why has it taken so long to fill"

if you get any bad feelings during the interview, tour or first few weeks, walk, these a**hole should be kissing your a*s and enticing you like you've never experienced before

they do not have the upper hand right now
+146   

2 weeks ago '07        #3
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 37892 37 K  Slaps total: 17191 17 K
I dont believe as many ppl took the jab as they report.
+58   

2 weeks ago '07        #4
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 64113 64 K  Slaps total: 6895 6 K
 yola said

if they're offering $12/hr, demand $24-$25
fixed
+68   

2 weeks ago '08        #5
daluckychild 
Props total: 4814 4 K  Slaps total: 115 115
 yola said

set your availability and stick to it, make sure they know they can't push you around, tell them they can give you a consistent set schedule like an adult

remember, bending over backwards and breaking your back for an employer will never pay off for you, only for them, your next job will never be able to see how you ruined your life for a greedy business

drop the fake interview persona, let them see who you are, if they don't like you, it won't be a good experience

ask hard, aggressive questions "why is this position open? how long has it been open? why has it taken so long to fill"

if you get any bad feelings during the interview, tour or first few weeks, walk, these a**hole should be kissing your a*s and enticing you like you've never experienced before

Can I get a hallelujah, Church say Amen. All right all right all right.

Remember in life you don't get what you deserve you get what you negotiate.

Most people don't realize the economy in America and most modern countries is all about exploitation of its labor and workforce. Too many idiots out here happy working for free apple pies and mcflurries at McDonald's not realizing the potential they have to greatly improve their lifestyle. And the truth is this strategy works as well for people who make six figures and above too.

Last edited by daluckychild; 10-14-2021 at 04:41 AM..
+38   

2 weeks ago '05        #6
youngvito18 
Props total: 26032 26 K  Slaps total: 4803 4 K
Good for them

Your employer aint paying you what they can, they know it, if you need money, leave, butbget the newnjob first lol
+33   

2 weeks ago '16        #7
Stryder 
Props total: 2068 2 K  Slaps total: 422 422
 yola said

k*ll Your Masters
+16   

2 weeks ago '17        #8
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 80693 80 K  Slaps total: 28191 28 K
Yea, this country is done. It’s only a matter of time.
+56   

2 weeks ago '11        #9
CrossRoads99 
Props total: 4308 4 K  Slaps total: 503 503
I know I did. Had nothing to do with the required shot tho. Just got tired of the bullsh*t and working full remote was trash because there was no accountability and lazy a*s people wouldn't finish work so it would get sent my way cuz they knew it would get done. Have enough money saved to enjoy time off. 37 years old shouldn't feel like I'm working to a early grave.

Last edited by CrossRoads99; 10-14-2021 at 08:18 AM..
+60   

2 weeks ago '06        #10
Sammyboi22 
Props total: 7622 7 K  Slaps total: 805 805
 yola said

Just curious, what do you do for a living?
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #11
Sammyboi22 
Props total: 7622 7 K  Slaps total: 805 805
 daluckychild said

Can I get a hallelujah, Church say Amen. All right all right all right.

Remember in life you don't get what you deserve you get what you negotiate.

Most people don't realize the economy in America and most modern countries is all about exploitation of its labor and workforce. Too many idiots out here happy working for free apple pies and mcflurries at McDonald's not realizing the potential they have to greatly improve their lifestyle. And the truth is this strategy works as well for people who make six figures and above too.
Nah, see I disagree. The people who donít give a fu*k about their jobs usually have a common trait, laziness when it comes to effort. When you call a call center to get your issue resolved. Who do you get? More than likely someone whoís not engaged on the other line and delivers garbage customer service. Thereís a ceiling to how much someone should be paid based on what they do and how well they do it.
+4   

2 weeks ago '12        #12
daman729 
Props total: 74795 74 K  Slaps total: 3121 3 K
This year, I've seen all kinds of restaurants and department stores literally look like deserted land on the inside. Hardly any workers. Takes like triple the time to get rung up because no one is working. Pay people a decent wage for the work they do. Honestly many of these workers deserve/deserved covid pay imo.
+32   

2 weeks ago '08        #13
606robin 
Props total: 13315 13 K  Slaps total: 908 908

+37   

2 weeks ago '18        #14
dogfood2 
Props total: 11171 11 K  Slaps total: 7775 7 K
 yola said

Or become a boss and start your own business. Stupid a*s n*gga sh*t right there.

2 weeks ago '18        #15
Lord God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 69015 69 K  Slaps total: 5773 5 K
 Cambury said
Believe nothing, from any source. We can't prove anyone hasn't been compromised. lol
+16   

2 weeks ago '21        #16
MacJokerJones 
Props total: 1286 1 K  Slaps total: 1029 1 K
corporations figure out that the few employees who stayed and did extra work for nothing more or a slight 3% raise while increased profits from decreased labor expenses equals fake were hiring signs hence why we paying 11 to start because we the corporations know nobody wants that any more but we gonna play the pity party with the signs everywhere.

bootstraps you jackass franchise owners preying on the backs of people for slave wages in 2021, pull them up you d*ckheads.
+10   

2 weeks ago '20        #17
KG Da Gawd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9947 9 K  Slaps total: 2928 2 K
They will be back when the winter makes that apartment cold. Uncle Sam aint giving out no more free sh*t. And when Trump is back in 2024 its really game over.

2 weeks ago '18        #18
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 92267 92 K  Slaps total: 9196 9 K
So how exactly does one take full advantage of this ?

I was thinking bout completely lying on my resume and applying for a bunch of sh*t I’m not qualified for
+15   

2 weeks ago '06        #19
cleavon15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 3583 3 K  Slaps total: 675 675
 606robin said

What I donít like about this; correlation is not causation.

We need more people but our hiring department is virtually non existent.
We canít hire people because we need to hire people to hire people.
+14   

2 weeks ago '06        #20
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 89464 89 K  Slaps total: 14501 14 K
Food service and retail are some of the most under appreciated jobs when you factor in the wages, the people they have to deal with, and the working conditions.

I did fast food in HS and retail from 2009 to 2017. Loved my coworkers and made some great friends but man we were paid like sh*t, held to impossible standards in many cases, and forced to work off the clock a lot.

That sh*t will really give you perspective.
+39   

2 weeks ago '08        #21
606robin 
Props total: 13315 13 K  Slaps total: 908 908
Worker shortage is a “lie”. I’m a Biomed and power generation field tech. Hospitals and job sites I go to, claim they need people bad. I try putting on for tons of folks for positions offered, and they never get calls back or responses. When I ask HR they’re always like “Uh… well we’re hiring, but it’s a 2-3 month process”. I’m like fu*k outta here. Theyre not in dire need, they’re hoping that workers get desperate and take less. I make about 89k with benefits, but peak at about 112k with OT n sh*t. I literally, have no co-workers other than like 3 baby boomers who lost all their sh*t during 2008 and are forced to stay and not retire. Theyre paid 20-30k less than me, because they were desperate for work. Corporations are doing the same thing to millennials this time. It’s a never ending cycle. I’m trying to retire at 40 and say fu*k this rat race. An get me a nice property overseas by the water.
+38   

2 weeks ago '18        #22
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 67957 67 K  Slaps total: 5779 5 K
Most of the jobs losing people are jobs that deal directly with customers, people are a**holes and no one wants to deal with them. My nephew is going through school and had a part time job at starbucks, one day someone came in and said their drink was wrong he offered to remake it, this bi*ch threw it on him, manager came out and instead of bi*ching at the customer , manager replaced the drink and said he didnt want her to go to corporate. After that my nephew quit on the spot. fu*k customers, and like he said he busted his a*s and made the same amount of money as the girl who was always late and calling out. Now he works as an a*sistant to an insurance agent and is a perfect balance between work and school, and gets paid more.
+29   

2 weeks ago '21        #23
iceberg blue 
Props total: 314 314  Slaps total: 14 14
 606robin said

ummm whoever this person is, just because he/she is not getting call backs does not mean there is not a worker shortage.
+3   

2 weeks ago '21        #24
iceberg blue 
Props total: 314 314  Slaps total: 14 14
 S-Class said
So how exactly does one take full advantage of this ?

I was thinking bout completely lying on my resume and applying for a bunch of sh*t Iím not qualified for
youtube my brother, learn some ish, become qualified for it, then put it on your resume saying you've been doing it for years.
+15   

2 weeks ago '21        #25
TheIronyIsThat 
Props total: 6280 6 K  Slaps total: 820 820
 Cambury said
They are padding numbers to get people to fall in line.

The majority of this Covid nonsense is coming from America.

And that's a fact.

Not only are they clearly exaggerating the amount of people that took that sh*t (if they did, they wouldn't be working so hard to force it on people), they are lying about the deaths of people.

They were literally marking people that died from other causes as "Covid-19" victims, even if you were having no complications on it.

Not to mention, THE HOSPITALS were literally k*lling people by mistreating them or over-treating people.

FDA is controlled by these pharmaceutical companies and their agenda is to get Americans addicted to their drugs.

No one finds it strange that first Fauci said it was nothing to worry about, and then Bill Gates jumps in front of everything and says, "Oh it's a big deal!"

Then he starts doing interviews every week.

Also, no one finds it strange that the year before the Corona Virus outbreak, Bill Gates did a interview talking about a coming pandemic? Coincidence? Nah.

People just have a short to NO attention-span and pretend that ALL OF THIS EVIDENCE, and FACTS do not exist after the day is over.

Last edited by TheIronyIsThat; 10-14-2021 at 10:39 PM..
+19   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-20online now  22
Apparently $503 million gets you 5/9 42 Yards 1int & a lost fumble lmao!
119 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  20
Oct 24 - Media kicked off Howard campus for filming Biological Warfare
133 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+21online now  17
Oct 24 - Alec Baldwin ignored the No. 1 rule of gun safety: Hollywood weapons ..
163 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+21online now  11
Video inside Bill Maher pushes back on criticism of Chappelle: 'What the f--- was th..
81 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy