Where do you prefer to live: City or Suburbs

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section guap

Where is better to live?
in the city 21 34.43%
suburbs 40 65.57%
Voters: 61.   (BX member poll)

2 weeks ago '14        #1
1067 page views
29 comments

kaylikestofly 
Props total: 3669 3 K  Slaps total: 2732 2 K
Where do you prefer to live: City or Suburbs

Where do you prefer to live?

Im in my early 30s and for like the past 10 years I was living at home with my family in the suburbs. I remember thinking it sucked and that I want to move to a major city. Now I live in DC and may move to NYC and im not sure if I'll like it. I love the luxury of having space. Anyway Im just curious..which one do you prefer? Thanks!

best
worst
29 comments

2 weeks ago '04        #2
Randeezle 
Props total: 4409 4 K  Slaps total: 308 308
Married with a Kid.

Always wanted to live downtown, until I spent some time downtown and noticed the homeless and strong stench of p*ss everywhere.

I'll take the gated neighborhood in the burbs tucked off and out of the way.
+14   

2 weeks ago '06        #3
composure23 
Props total: 1641 1 K  Slaps total: 122 122
35, grew up in a fast moving place. Can't do it anymore. I'm currently loving the rural suburbs. Elementary school up the street, great neighbors, quiet and clean. Never forget, your home is your only safe space. I have peace of mind out here I never had in the city.
+9   

2 weeks ago '18        #4
dacoolestg 
Props total: 13795 13 K  Slaps total: 1888 1 K
fu*kkkk the city ill stay at peace in the burbs
+5   

2 weeks ago '10        #5
stizz44  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4676 4 K  Slaps total: 936 936
Grew up in a liberal inner city on a train line, so I'm used to seeing people walking by to and from work, sirens, random events popping up.

Currently living in a quiet a*s suburb, too many trump supporters and coyotes got me shook.

Wish I could afford to be back in the city but the only affluent inner city areas on the train like Pasadena, North Hollywood, etc is a little out of my price range at the moment.
+4   

2 weeks ago '19        #6
Rackitup 
Props total: 2061 2 K  Slaps total: 198 198
City life for me king

I grew up in suburbia and there are perks compared to the city, but then I didn’t have a choice. Now that I do, I prefer to lay my stake in city life. I’m in love with the hustle
+3   

2 weeks ago '21        #7
nodayzoffatl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 22686 22 K  Slaps total: 3041 3 K
oh look a poll....weak a*s thread full of hoes

2 weeks ago '20        #8
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 21921 21 K  Slaps total: 1441 1 K
I was asked this question a month ago lol.

As someone who has lived in both, I'd say the younger me would prefer the urban setting a lot more but present-day me probably wouldn't mind staying low in the suburbs.

But they both have their respective pros and cons.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #9
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 102462 102 K  Slaps total: 13056 13 K
Depends on what city you talking about
+6   

2 weeks ago '14        #10
Aries  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 56141 56 K  Slaps total: 7077 7 K
I thought thumbnail picture would be in here... if I couldn't live in the city, I'd like to live rural. If I buy a house, I don't wanna see neighbors
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #11
KingBud 
Props total: 12058 12 K  Slaps total: 1024 1 K
34, suburbs .. Better school systems and i can leave my doors unlocked
+7   

2 weeks ago '18        #12
TheLuminousOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 46440 46 K  Slaps total: 2559 2 K
a few miles from the city
+4   

2 weeks ago '15        #13
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 28674 28 K  Slaps total: 8356 8 K
 kaylikestofly said
Where do you prefer to live?

Im in my early 30s and for like the past 10 years I was living at home with my family in the suburbs. I remember thinking it sucked and that I want to move to a major city. Now I live in DC and may move to NYC and im not sure if I'll like it. I love the luxury of having space. Anyway Im just curious..which one do you prefer? Thanks!
So this question means a lot to me know and I've been researching this recently. I want suburban living in the city. U really can't beat the city cause everything is there. U can walk places etc. You don't have to be downtown but if you are downtown, I suggest live on a street or in an area that doesn't have car traffic. When I was in Memphis, I lived in a suburb in the city called Harbor Town and I could walk to restaurants or ride my bike downtown and it would take like 7mins... I also have a condo downtown Memphis on N. Main where there are only trolleys and no cars. I grew up 5mins from downtown in another suburb type that I'm not giving the name of cause it's a hidden gem and I plan on buying a house there and tricking it out. Literally right next to downtown but not downtown.

Now, I just bought a house in the city of LA right outside of Inglewood. It takes me 5mins to ride my bike to Inglewood. I love it because I have a backyard that I'm about to remodel and I'm gonna spend most of my time there. I'm close enough to everything I want to do tho and I really really like that fact.

To sum it up, if u want suburban living in the city, move to or around a downtown in a small to medium city. If u like big city living, but like the suburbs, just buy a house in the city and u good. If u just gotta have soooo much space, then again, move to a city like Memphis, Southaven, Olive Branch and buy a house for like 200k and have a 20k square ft property where u can do whatever u want... Suburbs too far from the action so I'm good on that
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '21        #14
Jus Honest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7595 7 K  Slaps total: 5364 5 K
Y’all realize that places like Compton are suburbs right. Y’all are too simpleminded
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #15
MulaAve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 17031 17 K  Slaps total: 2025 2 K
Man just put me in a brownstone in Harlem and I'll be gucci

I used to want to get a house for the space and so I can finally have a grill and space for my kid(s), but I ask myself, what black suburbs are there around nyc? I'm not tryna live around a bunch of cops and pale pasty people in Mill Basin or Howard beach or born and bred Long Islanders

A great school district is a must. The #1 thing I think about is moving to a great school district.

edit:

and I'm from manhattan but live in brooklyn now, I just can't see myself moving to a New jersey suburb or to Long Island and being far from the city where I don't come often.

Soul Food
Caribbean
Mexican
Wings
Seafood
Peruvian
Spanish
BBQ
Steakhouses
Italian
Pizza
Sushi
Thai
Chinese
Indian

Can't imagine moving to where half this list is a dub for me cuz I decided to move into a wack a*s town where I can't even get decent carnitas or some good smothered chicken

Imagine not being able to walk 5 blocks and get some oxtails or some roast pork

Gotta drive 30 minutes to get to a chicken spot

Last edited by MulaAve; 10-14-2021 at 03:21 PM..
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '20        #16
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 43007 43 K  Slaps total: 5976 5 K
I like the city for convenience of things. but once I get to my goal I'm moving into the woods somewhere. (of course get a nice house built and sh*t) but I'm probably gonna move far away from society when I get the means to.
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #17
144000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28546 28 K  Slaps total: 42564 42 K
country
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #18
Lockwind 
Props total: 2205 2 K  Slaps total: 1312 1 K
I’d rather stay outside of DC in the northern Virginia area
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #19
 MulaAve said

I used to want to get a house for the space and so I can finally have a grill and space for my kid(s), but I ask myself, what black suburbs are there around nyc? I'm not tryna live around a bunch of cops and pale pasty people in Mill Basin or Howard beach or born and bred Long Islanders

A great school district is a must. The #1 thing I think about is moving to a great school district.

edit:

and I'm from manhattan but live in brooklyn now, I just can't see myself moving to a New jersey suburb or to Long Island and being far from the city where I don't come often.

Soul Food
Caribbean
Mexican
Wings
Seafood
Peruvian
Spanish
BBQ
Steakhouses
Italian
Pizza
Sushi
Thai
Chinese
Indian

Can't imagine moving to where half this list is a dub for me cuz I decided to move into a wack a*s town where I can't even get decent carnitas or some good smothered chicken

Or having to pay $26 for a Curry Goat plate, only 1 spot in the entire county offers it.

+2   

6 days ago '15        #20
ol natl 44 
Props total: 5544 5 K  Slaps total: 877 877
I'll go for the suburbs that's about 15-20 minutes outside the city
+1   

6 days ago '20        #21
LordGimmeASign 
 MulaAve said

edit:

Soul Food
Caribbean
Mexican
Wings
Seafood
Peruvian
Spanish
BBQ
Steakhouses
Italian
Pizza
Sushi
Thai
Chinese
Indian

Black suburbs close to NYC? Iono man, best bet is probably somewhere in Westchester County, Rockland County or Orange County that has a strong black presence with all those things you have listed too since you said no Jersey or Long Island. Perhaps Poughkeepsie as well. The drive from any of those areas to the city aren't too bad. Just gotta worry about toll on the Orange and Rockland sides. The only thing is mad people moving to those spots due to the gentrification that's been taking place in the city so it's only a matter of time until all these areas look and feel like NYC.
+1   

6 days ago '20        #22
LordGimmeASign 
 stizz44 said
Or having to pay $26 for a Curry Goat plate, only 1 spot in the entire county offers it.

Which county? That sounds pricey as hell.
+1   

6 days ago '20        #23
LordGimmeASign 
 Johnathan Hill said
I like the city for convenience of things. but once I get to my goal I'm moving into the woods somewhere. (of course get a nice house built and sh*t) but I'm probably gonna move far away from society when I get the means to.
This probably would be the most suitable for me in the future but I wouldn't wanna end up being reclusive.

Lol reminds me of when Ice T said he'd rather live on a private island with his bi*ch (guess he was talking about Coco) far away from all the hatin' n*ggas.
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  6 days ago '20        #24
Dap Or Slap Me  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 43007 43 K  Slaps total: 5976 5 K
 LordGimmeASign said
This probably would be the most suitable for me in the future but I wouldn't wanna end up being reclusive.

Lol reminds me of when Ice T said he'd rather live on a private island with his bi*ch (guess he was talking about Coco) far away from all the hatin' n*ggas.
Lol, I don't think anyone hates on me. but I ain't too up on society at the moment. lot of weird sh*t going on, people acting 'off', energy be feeling weird in the city at times. I'ma take my a*s somewhere peaceful, tranquil, spot I can garden and have some animals and sh*t. hit the city whenever I want or need to go.
+2   

6 days ago '10        #25
 LordGimmeASign said
Which county? That sounds pricey as hell.
Clark County- Las Vegas metro region.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  35
Oct 24 - Media kicked off Howard campus for filming Biological Warfare
131 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+21online now  22
Oct 24 - Alec Baldwin ignored the No. 1 rule of gun safety: Hollywood weapons ..
162 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-28online now  14
Video inside 2 School Teachers Charged with Murd3r After Drunkenly Walking into Wron..
79 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside Scariest video game ever?! RE4VR
53 comments
2 days ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy