Trans Netflix Workers Planning A Walkout In Response To Dave Chappelle's "The Closer"

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
106 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

1 week ago '15        #1
1658 page views
46 comments

Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x185
Props total: 151512 151 K  Slaps total: 18619 18 K
Trans Netflix Workers Planning A Walkout In Response To Dave Chappelle's "The Closer"

The business issues caused by a controversial Dave Chappelle comedy special are apparently anything but funny.

Transgender Netflix employees are planning an Oct. 20 walkout from the streaming service in response to a bevy of ongoing issues that all connect back to 48-year-old Chapelle’s “The Closer,” according to the Verge.

The most prominent of the problems was the suspension of a trans senior software engineer, Terra Field, who slammed Chappelle for his humor about trans people in a viral Twitter thread.

A source told The Post that Field was suspended not for the tweets but instead for intruding, along with two others, into an executives-only meeting.

Field has since been reinstated “after finding there was no ill-intent” in her attendance, she posted.

“I’m going to take a few days off to decompress and try to figure out where I’m at. At the very least, I feel vindicated,” Field tweeted.

Despite that, Netflix’s trans employee resource group is still moving forward with a planned walkout next week, according to the Verge, which obtained their internal memo.

“Trans Lives Matter. Trans Rights Matter. And as an organization, Netflix has continually failed to show deep care in our mission to Entertain the World by repeatedly releasing content that harms the Trans community and continually failing to create content that represents and uplifts Trans content. We can and must do better!” a leader of the movement reportedly wrote.

Adding fuel to the fire, co-CEO Ted Sarandos defended Chappelle in an email to employees amid the debacle this week.

“You should also be aware that some talent may join third parties in asking us to remove the show in the coming days, which we are not going to do,” Sarandos wrote, adding that the special is “an important part of our content offering.”

A follow-up Sarandos email, obtained by the outlet, also reportedly stated: “This will not be the last title that causes some of you to wonder if you can still love Netflix. I sincerely hope that you can.”

In response, walkout organizers allegedly sharply called out their higher-ups, writing “our leadership has shown us they do not uphold the values to which we are held,” according to the Verge.

Chappelle himself has become infatuated with “being canceled,” recently telling a large crowd at the Hollywood Bowl, “I love it.

“I don’t know what to tell you, except I’m a bad motherf – – ker,” he said.

Along with praise from comedian Damon Wayans, 61, Chappelle’s jokes were also defended by transgender comedian Flame Monroe, according to TMZ.

“All of this ‘What you can say and what you cannot say’ is ridiculous … I absolutely do not think that the special should be taken down off of Netflix,” Monroe said.

Chappelle was also described as an “LGBTQ ally” by the family of his late trans comedian friend Daphne Dorman.

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/1 .. 019.1550066164

best
worst
46 comments

1 week ago '20        #2
Jimmy2times 
Props total: 20214 20 K  Slaps total: 1700 1 K
So the entire entertainment industry must surrender to their will so that they don't have to develop a thick skin and comfort with their own identity? Otherwise they'll call a strike? What a bunch of bi*ch a*s weakling f*g**ts
+58   

1 week ago '04        #3
datboy|e 
Props total: 18283 18 K  Slaps total: 6165 6 K
Get to it silly a*s men!
+18   

1 week ago '15        #4
DamianDragunov 
Props total: 59898 59 K  Slaps total: 8948 8 K
How many trannys can there possibly be?
Be funny if like 4 cats walked out..:

+48   

1 week ago '15        #5
Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x185 OP
Props total: 151512 151 K  Slaps total: 18619 18 K
 DamianDragunov said
How many trannys can there possibly be?
Be funny if like 4 cats walked out..:

+5   

1 week ago '20        #6
cutedrakestan 
Props total: 3292 3 K  Slaps total: 4436 4 K
for a group so proud, why so sensitive
+22   

1 week ago '15        #7
Lito Guapalot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29925 29 K  Slaps total: 421 421
How long they all been working there? Because if they been there since the 1st special, they should've been had the walkout if they had a problem. They stayed there thru all the specials he released with Netflix and now decide it's time to do something
+21   

1 week ago '20        #8
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 70739 70 K  Slaps total: 3706 3 K
 datboy|e said
Get to it silly a*s men!

That’s like a triple!! Don’t ask!!
+13   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '05        #9
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 102165 102 K  Slaps total: 13008 13 K
 Lito Guapalot said
How long they all been working there? Because if they been there since the 1st special, they should've been had the walkout if they had a problem. They stayed there thru all the specials he released with Netflix and now decide it's time to do something
Selective outrage
+12   

1 week ago '07        #10
stogz 
Props total: 108905 108 K  Slaps total: 14120 14 K
Hope they walk out and directly into traffic
+16   

1 week ago '18        #11
dogfood2 
Props total: 10864 10 K  Slaps total: 7625 7 K
Hope they get shot. Dog sh*t > trans people
+6   

1 week ago '10        #12
6.Yrs 
Props total: 24262 24 K  Slaps total: 1406 1 K
So they mad.. but not mad enough to not take that Netflix check..
+15   

1 week ago '16        #13
PrinceDreSON 
Props total: 7698 7 K  Slaps total: 1790 1 K
Zip it up and zip it out !! Okay zippie dee doo dah bye bye now!!!
+16   

1 week ago '17        #14
92baby 
Props total: 84369 84 K  Slaps total: 11087 11 K
 Jimmy2times said
So the entire entertainment industry must surrender to their will so that they don't have to develop a thick skin and comfort with their own identity? Otherwise they'll call a strike? What a bunch of bi*ch a*s weakling f*g**ts
Most insecure people walking the earth

And we thought the real women were bad

+21   

1 week ago '18        #15
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 32248 32 K  Slaps total: 3733 3 K
This is SO STUPID.

From a strictly pragmatic perspective you cannot take the special down if you’re Netflix because that sets a precedent. The issue will be that what’s offensive is entirely subjective (as we saw, black folks been complaining for decades about various things that they only changed after Big Floyd). Talent won’t want to fu*k with them.

Then you have the fact that they’re publicly traded. If they have good specials that they paid a lot of bread for and they just shelf them to acquiesce various demographics in their workforce, the CEO will lose their damn job. Period.

Is no one outside their bubble advising them?
+12   

1 week ago '16        #16
alejandrugas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5379 5 K  Slaps total: 271 271
I’m glad this is starting!! A comedian or anybody else can’t make fun of gay, trans alphabet because they don’t like it?? Gtfoh!! I hope this blows up in their face for overplaying their hand
+9   

1 week ago '21        #17
FRAZZELDRIP 
Props total: 5062 5 K  Slaps total: 1802 1 K
 dogfood2 said
Hope they get shot. Dog sh*t > trans people
Inspirational

+1   

1 week ago '04        #18
jaynat603  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9059 9 K  Slaps total: 1029 1 K
"If you can take a d*ck, you can take a joke" - Speedy the comedian
+11   

1 week ago '04        #19
wishkah 
Props total: 26 26  Slaps total: 7 7

Last edited by wishkah; 10-13-2021 at 11:30 PM..
+2   

1 week ago '17        #20
Timmy 
Props total: 360 360  Slaps total: 24 24
Don't like it, don't watch it. Watch a gay friendly comedian. Don't like your company's policy on free speech, then quit. The world doesnt care about you, me or anyone. You aren't special. You deserve nothing. That's life.
+14   

1 week ago '06        #21
Randy Jackson 
Props total: 1844 1 K  Slaps total: 203 203
The Gay Agenda is strong...But not Strong enough! These Transgender and Fruit baskets want Netflix and the Public to feel sorry for them...they demand change so they decide to walk out in high heels and their meats tucked! FoH na na na hey hey hey GOODBYE and Good Riddens!

Last edited by Randy Jackson; 10-14-2021 at 12:12 AM..
+8   

1 week ago '20        #22
Oxx 
Props total: 7243 7 K  Slaps total: 876 876
If I'm the Netflix boss, I'm keeping tabs on who walks out, then promptly fire all their f*g**t a*s a*ses..... what's w this thin skin nonsense the LGBTQ community has been whining and bi*ching about lately

I wonder if these same candy a*s motherfu*kers were "offended" at other Chapelle stand-ups or shows he's done over the last 20 plus years, where he makes fun of blacks Latinos,men,women,other racial groups etc etc,u name it.....bet u they loved Dave then
Now they wanna bi*ch,get the fu*k outta here
+10   

1 week ago '07        #23
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 91583 91 K  Slaps total: 11203 11 K
was Dave Chappelle right or was DaBaby right?

DaBaby said AIDS would k*ll you in "2-3 weeks" which doesn't match up with any scientific literature, research or findings since AIDS has been studied

Dave said what DaBaby said "was egregiously wrong"

egregiously means: "conspiciously bad: flagrant"

conspicuous means "obvious to the eyes"

flagrant means "conspicuously offensive"

Dave is essentially saying that any rational, reasonable, lucid person would know not to say that

Dave specifically chose that word, why?

but somehow his fans turned that into "Dave destroys the entire LGBT community"

it sure seems like both sides of this are blatantly refusing to acknowledge the entirety of The Closer

both sides are desperate to believe Dave hates LGBT, but both sides refuse to talk about that line

but how can you hate LGBT when you go on record on a widely available platform and openly denounce anti-LGBT talk?

or the other part

how can you believe Dave shares the christian view that LGBT should be stripped of wealth and power, put on trains and sent to camps when he shared the line:

“I don’t need you to understand me. I just need you to believe that I’m having a human experience.”

and he responds: "I believe you, because it takes one to know one.”

the whole point of including this line was to humanize the LGBT experience

Dave said he believed a trans person, but all his fans heard was a battle cry

Dave and DaBaby can't both be right, but your cognitive dissonance is telling you they can

so which is it?
+4   

1 week ago '11        #24
leem26vtec 
Props total: 773 773  Slaps total: 107 107
See ya
+1   

1 week ago '16        #25
Freddy Highmore 
Props total: 4285 4 K  Slaps total: 365 365
I don't get it. What are their jobs at Netflix? I know they ain't creators like fu*k.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+118online now  18
Video inside How Popeyes REALLY Choose They Locationd
87 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+71online now  12
Video inside Gta trilogy trailer is here!
201 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  7
Lil Durk basically has a song detailing the murder of FBG Duck
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+41online now  5
Image(s) inside Pusha-T Says His New Album ‘1,000 Percent’ Tops ‘Daytona’