Oct 13 - DC Confirms Photo Ticket Payment Optional For Non-Residents

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '08        #1
894 page views
22 comments

cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 46556 46 K  Slaps total: 2690 2 K
Oct 13 - DC Confirms Photo Ticket Payment Optional For Non-Residents

Only residents of Washington, DC face penalties if they decline to pay red light camera and speed camera tickets mailed from the nation's capital. In a report to DC City Council Chairman Phil Mendelson last week, Mayor Muriel Bowser confirmed she had failed to convince Virginia and Maryland to sign a reciprocity agreement that would suspend driver's licenses or vehicle registrations in those states over unpaid photo tickets. A DC ordinance gave the mayor power to negotiate the agreement.

"Prior to the law taking effect, the mayor reached out to the governors of Maryland and Virginia to discuss a reciprocity agreement which met the requirements of the act," the mayor's office reported. "However, both jurisdictions declined to enter into a reciprocity agreement based on the determination that such an agreement would negatively impact the customer service of their motor vehicle offices."

DC and its automated ticketing vendor, Verra Mobility, install cameras on major routes into and out of the city to ensure the overwhelming majority of tickets go to non-residents. Past efforts at collection often relied on reporting non-payment to credit reporting agencies. This practice was found unlawful and ended in a 2015 legal settlement. Equifax, Experian and TransUnion agreed to stop considering fines and a*sessments that individuals never actually agreed to pay when a*sessing credit scores. This means unpaid traffic fines cannot lower a motorist's credit rating (read settlement details).

The District is not alone in its inability to enforce non-resident automated citations. As the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) explained, Virginia cannot enforce mailed citations to either residents or non-residents tickets -- unless they have been properly served.

"Although the statute permits the jurisdiction to make the initial attempt to summon the accused to court via mail, if the person fails to respond, he or she is not considered to have been satisfactorily served with notice," VDOT explained (view report). "The average citizen is probably not aware of this loophole, but if word were widely disseminated, such knowledge could completely undermine the effectiveness of red light camera programs, as citations issued to violators would lose their practical impact."

visit this link https://www.thenewspaper. .. ws/70/7088.asp
+4   

best
worst
22 comments

2 weeks ago '08        #2
cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
Props total: 46556 46 K  Slaps total: 2690 2 K
Don't be like me bx

+9   

2 weeks ago '20        #3
lostOne 
Props total: 2240 2 K  Slaps total: 436 436
I know few ppl that won't drive in DC simply because of these scam a*s cameras
+10   

2 weeks ago '06        #4
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 89468 89 K  Slaps total: 14502 14 K
those cameras are such bullsh*t and they're all put in areas where the speed limit is WAY too low.

That M street tunnel downtown heading to Georgetown is 25 mph, in a fu*king tunnel with zero pedestrians. So glad I swapped my car for a motorcycle.
+13   

2 weeks ago '18        #5
Mr Tibbs 
Props total: 24475 24 K  Slaps total: 2403 2 K
welcome to chicago.

2 weeks ago '19        #6
Tmoe 
Props total: 1558 1 K  Slaps total: 42 42
Yoooo I have been saying this for a few years elected officials need an age limit like seriously. fu*ks are making up crazy as laws that the 25-50 population has to deal with. Speeding fine should never exceed $100 and 80 percent of traffic fines are bullsh*t any fu*king way. I feel for my n*ggaz in those sh*t bag states.
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #7
M_Child_666 
Props total: 371 371  Slaps total: 41 41
I always worry I'ma get caught up by a camera on 295
+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #8
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 96641 96 K  Slaps total: 10918 10 K
I got two tickets like that in sh*thole phenix city al.
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #9
Row 
Props total: 1142 1 K  Slaps total: 111 111
So glad my state don't got speed cameras or red light cameras
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #10
BasedGawd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 28169 28 K  Slaps total: 4137 4 K
Bruh so many cars have paper tags these days, just print some off and speed crazy. You sh*t out of luck if a officer really feels like doing his job tho lol

2 weeks ago '04        #11
Chokeabiish 
Props total: 7897 7 K  Slaps total: 593 593
I got them all over my city. They put them in school zones but in reality it's just an excuse for the cops to do less but still act like a**holes and get paid the same. The city made over 4 million on these tickets alone in 2019 prolly more last year yet I see more potholes and homeless people every year.
+1   

2 weeks ago '20        #12
Slymm  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15620 15 K  Slaps total: 650 650
Good information!
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #13
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35363 35 K  Slaps total: 4960 4 K
In Brooklyn they put one coming off the fu*king highway how you expect someone to just drop from 60 mph to 25 mph like that?

That sh*t had over 6,000 tickets in a single day

+4   

2 weeks ago '06        #14
philly337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 51586 51 K  Slaps total: 14898 14 K
I stay getting 1-2 per month in the mail. Hate these damn things
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #15
Alpallday 
Props total: 5475 5 K  Slaps total: 1026 1 K
 Skateboard T said
those cameras are such bullsh*t and they're all put in areas where the speed limit is WAY too low.

That M street tunnel downtown heading to Georgetown is 25 mph, in a fu*king tunnel with zero pedestrians. So glad I swapped my car for a motorcycle.
Bruh...ppl on long island sued that sh*t out of the police and the camera company. They were sending ppl tickets of the stopped at the light! Casting a wide net to catch ppl that don't pay attention or are too old to even realize.
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #16
Avarice 
Props total: 1217 1 K  Slaps total: 244 244
All the years I lived in MD i never paid DC tickets...it wasnt until i had to register in DC they hit me wit the whammy lol
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #17
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 50718 50 K  Slaps total: 10361 10 K
Moved to the DMV in 2009
I have yet to get a camera ticket in DC
Over the years I have only received a few parking tickets which for the majority I have successfully contested and won.
My radar detector which is technically illegal in DC has a built in GPS and alerts me of all the speed cameras. I definitely would never drive into DC without it.
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #18
servesurite 
Props total: 4616 4 K  Slaps total: 545 545
you already know sh*tty VA drivers about to take advantage of this

2 weeks ago '14        #19
BigJino  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 1430 1 K  Slaps total: 156 156
I moved back to Georgia from Maryland last year and I got a speed camera ticket from DC last August just a few months ago. I was gon pay it but after seeing this hell nah
+3   

2 weeks ago '20        #20
lostOne 
Props total: 2240 2 K  Slaps total: 436 436
 Skateboard T said

Be safe out there on those 2 wheels. Hated riding round DMV because mofo's so quick to go no where and wanna be on their phone. Not the best combo for us.
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #21
Stryder 
Props total: 2068 2 K  Slaps total: 422 422
 bigkilla said
In Brooklyn they put one coming off the fu*king highway how you expect someone to just drop from 60 mph to 25 mph like that?

That sh*t had over 6,000 tickets in a single day

Don't they have them in the Bronx going up a hill

2 weeks ago '10        #22
CKFly 
Props total: 251 251  Slaps total: 51 51
Wow if I only knew this in my late 20s and about $2k in payments ago.....

I only paid cuz I feared DC would tow my sh*t in the city over unpaid tickets....those fools double it....I'd adjudicate every ticket tho just to waste their time.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #23
Itsjustmefools  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 14227 14 K  Slaps total: 9661 9 K
They are null and void where I stay. They had it up for years but the smart people who knew, used them tickets for toilet paper lol

Law here says they can’t do sh*t if we don’t pay it. I just ball them up and threw it in my trash and wait for the next one

They are finally removing all the cameras
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-20online now  19
Apparently $503 million gets you 5/9 42 Yards 1int & a lost fumble lmao!
119 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+21online now  17
Oct 24 - Alec Baldwin ignored the No. 1 rule of gun safety: Hollywood weapons ..
164 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  15
Oct 24 - Media kicked off Howard campus for filming Biological Warfare
136 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside Baby Bitcoin approved by Techrate up 2,700% 7d