Oct 13 - Kidney Transplant cancelled cause donor wasnít vaccinated

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '15        #1
479 page views
24 comments

kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 49325 49 K  Slaps total: 22831 22 K
Oct 13 - Kidney Transplant cancelled cause donor wasnít vaccinated

An Ohio man in need of a kidney transplant had his operation canceled days before the life-saving surgery due to his donor not being vaccinated against COVID-19, his family said.

Mike Ganin, 52, was five days away from his scheduled surgery when he received the news from the Cleveland Clinic about the new policy that would prevent him from accepting the donor’s kidney, news station WKYC reported.

“It made us feel like we were back to square one,” his wife, Debi, told the outlet. “I’ve been terrified. Sometimes I have my moments that I don’t think about it, but it comes back, and I think, ‘What’s going to happen?'”

Under the new rules, living donors must be vaccinated in order to donate an organ.

While Ganinin is vaccinated, his donor, Sue George, has no plans to get the shot
The Cleveland Clinic defended its new policy in a statement to the news station.

“Living donation for organ transplantation has been a life-saving treatment, but it is not without risks to the donor. For the living donor, preventing COVID-19 infection around the time of their surgery and recovery is crucial,” the statement said.

We continually strive to minimize risk to our living donors, and vaccination is an important component to ensure the safest approach and optimal outcomes for donors.
The donor was upfront and they waited until 5 days before the surgery. Bx docs I known science is your dogma can you explain why Cleveland made this a requirement?

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/1 .. nt-vaccinated/
+1   

best
worst
24 comments

2 weeks ago '18        #2
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 32342 32 K  Slaps total: 3737 3 K
Explain why they made it a requirement?

So today we learned OP is barely fu*king literate.
+8   

2 weeks ago '19        #3
Big Gurthy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 21746 21 K  Slaps total: 2200 2 K
What’s the point in giving him a kidney when hes more susceptible to die from Covid.
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #4
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 89465 89 K  Slaps total: 14501 14 K
 kami said
The donor was upfront and they waited until 5 days before the surgery. Bx docs I known science is your dogma can you explain why Cleveland made this a requirement?

For every one person who receives an organ transplant there are hundreds and in some cities thousands in the area who don't, and won't ever, get that organ transplant. Thus, when hospitals are preparing a transplant procedure, they make sure that they're giving the organ to somebody who is going to treat it right, protect it, and not waste the organ.

If you're getting an organ/kidney transplant you can't drink, if you're getting a lung transplant you can't smoke, if you're getting a heart transplant you have to change your diet. There's a lot of evaluation that goes in to choosing a candidate for a transplant.

If you're going to refuse to protect yourself from a virus that causes systemic infection that has significant, long-term impacts on multiple organs, then it's reasonable to choose a candidate who will.

but....the article says donors need to be vaccinated, and the man denied the kidney was vaccinated while his chosen donor was not.

This makes even more sense because if they aren't and you take an infected organ into your body you're going to almost certainly get a serious infection and die. When you get a transplant you have to take drugs that suppress your immune system so that your body doesn't reject your new organ. If your immune system isn't working, and you get an infected kidney, you're going to get a serious covid infection which is going to destroy your new organ and likely k*ll you because, you wont have a functioning immune system.

Last edited by Skateboard T; 10-13-2021 at 07:37 AM..

2 weeks ago '17        #5
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 94038 94 K  Slaps total: 25988 25 K
If people would use common sense and get vaccinated we wouldn't have half these problems. But instead we have a bunch of retards who believe random social media posts telling them that anyone who got vaccinated is a sheep.
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #6
SwooshWonder 
Props total: 12412 12 K  Slaps total: 1371 1 K
Overreach like a mother fu*ker but we have the basic shills in here propping up this sh*t like there is actually an ideology to accept here

"no mRNA vaccine, you can't give an organ because you might get COVID during recovery"

n*gga what does that have to do with the quality of the organ, the willingness of the donor to proceed and the urgency of donation required by the recipient ? You have a higher chance of having surgery related complications after an organ transplant than catching covid even with your "increased susceptibility". Will be kinda hard to catch COVID when you're stuck in your house for a couple of months recovering from a transplant

Matter of fact, elderly people are more susceptible to dying from cdiff and pneumonia, directly thanks to medical professionals constantly injecting them with antibiotics & operating on them but all you hear are excuses about the "scientific necessity" of their treatments. Let a n*gga NOT agree with the "scientific necessity" of a COVID treatment though...smh

Now they tryna pass the blame onto the donor and leave the people in need of transplants without. Same ol divisiveness, Same ol BS while playing with people's lives

Y'all n*ggas oblivious
+3   

2 weeks ago '21        #7
LuxG2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20251 20 K  Slaps total: 4133 4 K
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #8
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 67962 67 K  Slaps total: 5779 5 K
So one of the most complicated procedures motherfu*kers are mad there are protocols and if you dont follow them they wont do the procedure. You have certain surgeries you cant eat beforehand, should we as humans be like fu*k that I am hungry and thats that? Like fu*k anti vaxxers/trumpsl*ts love preaching law order, but sure hate fu*king rules.
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #9
PineappleOG 
Props total: 42930 42 K  Slaps total: 8219 8 K
The alt reich stays waiting for Twitter to alert them to these stories and with the quickness these drooling bafoons created 2 threads on this topic
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #10
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 67962 67 K  Slaps total: 5779 5 K
 PineappleOG said
The alt reich stays waiting for Twitter to alert them to these stories and with the quickness these drooling bafoons created 2 threads on this topic
Gotta get the marching orders for the day, these so called free thinkers
+4   

2 weeks ago '15        #11
PineappleOG 
Props total: 42930 42 K  Slaps total: 8219 8 K
 DUCEDUCE said
Gotta get the marching orders for the day, these so called free thinkers
Whatís worse is if they were decent thinkers and okay people theyíd recognize the people high fiving them arenít exactly the people you want high fiving you
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #12
Ron O'Neal 
Props total: 4661 4 K  Slaps total: 194 194
Why not test the donor the day of or day before surgery. And shouldn't it be the choice of the person getting the organ to decide whether or not they want an organ from a vaxed or unvaxed person. I'm willing to bet the man who needs the kidney really doesn't give a damn at this point if someone is vaxed or unvaxed as long as the kidney is in good shape.
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #13
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24001 24 K  Slaps total: 6831 6 K
Play stupid games, win no kidney

2 weeks ago '17        #14
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 80693 80 K  Slaps total: 28191 28 K
This sucks man.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #15
 240ka said
Play stupid games, win no kidney
The recipient was vaccinated, the donor wasnít
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
ddash 
Props total: 53048 53 K  Slaps total: 3984 3 K
yall weird lol

2 weeks ago '19        #17
Zack Bible 
Props total: 1458 1 K  Slaps total: 1006 1 K
 Big Gurthy said
Whatís the point in giving him a kidney when hes more susceptible to die from Covid.
gives me the chills when people say sh*t like this, vaxxers are cold blooded af, covid has turned them into monsters, all they say is rules are rules tough sh*t muh 700,000 and think that justifies this sh*t,
I hate you ppl,

I really do

fu*k you
+5   

2 weeks ago '16        #18
Annakinsnow 
Props total: 1004 1 K  Slaps total: 232 232
 Skateboard T said
For every one person who receives an organ transplant there are hundreds and in some cities thousands in the area who don't, and won't ever, get that organ transplant. Thus, when hospitals are preparing a transplant procedure, they make sure that they're giving the organ to somebody who is going to treat it right, protect it, and not waste the organ.

If you're getting an organ/kidney transplant you can't drink, if you're getting a lung transplant you can't smoke, if you're getting a heart transplant you have to change your diet. There's a lot of evaluation that goes in to choosing a candidate for a transplant.

If you're going to refuse to protect yourself from a virus that causes systemic infection that has significant, long-term impacts on multiple organs, then it's reasonable to choose a candidate who will.

but....the article says donors need to be vaccinated, and the man denied the kidney was vaccinated while his chosen donor was not.

This makes even more sense because if they aren't and you take an infected organ into your body you're going to almost certainly get a serious infection and die. When you get a transplant you have to take drugs that suppress your immune system so that your body doesn't reject your new organ. If your immune system isn't working, and you get an infected kidney, you're going to get a serious covid infection which is going to destroy your new organ and likely k*ll you because, you wont have a functioning immune system.
Unless I missed it the article didnít say anything about the donor actually having covid tho. So how can a unvaccinated person who isnít covid positive kidney be the cause of a vaccinated personís future possible covid exposure? Shouldnít the person receiving the kidney have the option of signing a disclaimer that protects the hospital/donor? I mean I know covid is a mother fu*ker but Iíd still rather play the odds with covid rather than deal with the certain doom of not receiving an emergency kidney replacement. Itís like the government is re defining what freedom is right infront of our faces smh Unless they have a vaccinated donor lined up this seems cruel and unnecessary
+4   

2 weeks ago '19        #19
Big Gurthy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 21746 21 K  Slaps total: 2200 2 K
 Zack Bible said
gives me the chills when people say sh*t like this, vaxxers are cold blooded af, covid has turned them into monsters, all they say is rules are rules tough sh*t muh 700,000 and think that justifies this sh*t,
I hate you ppl,

I really do

fu*k you
Them chills is Covid
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #20
 big gurthy said
them chills is covid
lmfao
+3   

2 weeks ago '10        #21
lltreyll 
Props total: 5668 5 K  Slaps total: 1747 1 K
Ace2 receptors are in all sorts of adipose (fat) tissue, including the kidneys. And considering ace2 receptors are how covid is supposed to infect and spread, technically there might be some covid related risk, but that's a hell of a stretch.

Influenza isnt drastically different from covid and I've never heard of someone being denied an organ because the donor didnt get a damn flu shot. So I gotta say all that is ridiculous and almost unbelievable...

The only thing that comes to mind about why theyd cancel a transplant over something so theoretical is for any potential liability falling back on the medical facility and doctors.
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #22
Tully Blanchard 
Props total: 136474 136 K  Slaps total: 5595 5 K
 Big Gurthy said
Them chills is Covid

+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #23
MarathonOG 
Props total: 965 965  Slaps total: 361 361
If you got the vax, promote the vax, think you're better than people cause you have a vax, you're a fu*kin peasant.

Had enough of this sh*t. Make some money and move cause its only getting worse.

Haven't been to North America in almost a decade. Main reason is the mental peasantry that exists and the extreme lack of culture.

Have fun with the vax circle jerk you mentally enslaved plebs.

2 weeks ago '11        #24
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 27465 27 K  Slaps total: 3887 3 K
 Big Gurthy said
Whatís the point in giving him a kidney when hes more susceptible to die from Covid.
Did you not read, or are you making a joke about how ineffective the vaccine is?

The person receiving the transplant was vaccinated. The donor was not.
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #25
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 27465 27 K  Slaps total: 3887 3 K
 Annakinsnow said
Unless I missed it the article didn’t say anything about the donor actually having covid tho. So how can a unvaccinated person who isn’t covid positive kidney be the cause of a vaccinated person’s future possible covid exposure? Shouldn’t the person receiving the kidney have the option of signing a disclaimer that protects the hospital/donor? I mean I know covid is a mother fu*ker but I’d still rather play the odds with covid rather than deal with the certain doom of not receiving an emergency kidney replacement. It’s like the government is re defining what freedom is right infront of our faces smh Unless they have a vaccinated donor lined up this seems cruel and unnecessary
The article says that they are doing this because the person who donated the kidney, could possibly catch covid and die during their recovery of the surgery. It has nothing to do with the safety of the person receiving the kidney.

Doctors are giving the kidney patient a death sentence cuz the donor could possibly catch a disease the donor isnt worried about.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-20online now  24
Apparently $503 million gets you 5/9 42 Yards 1int & a lost fumble lmao!
119 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  21
Oct 24 - Media kicked off Howard campus for filming Biological Warfare
136 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+21online now  17
Oct 24 - Alec Baldwin ignored the No. 1 rule of gun safety: Hollywood weapons ..
164 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+21online now  10
Video inside Bill Maher pushes back on criticism of Chappelle: 'What the f--- was th..
81 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy