Jun 9 - Epps slams Chappelle

most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside New footage of beanie getting knocked out !!!
134 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA Wade looking like he made a mistake
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Meek Mill 5:07AM
83 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-10-2005, 11:57 AM         #101
Buddhazcharm 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ok lemme add my 2 cents.

ALL these other black comedians (Epps, Monique, Cedric. . . ) sayin this and that, that if they were in Dave's shoes, they would EASILY take the money and think bout their family and what not. Remember. . . it's always easy to talk it, but not as easy to walk it. These black comedians are obviously jealous.

What Mike Epps said is NOT Truth, what he said was purely jealousy and jealousy is a cause of hate. As soon as he said something bout white people, that's when u know it's Hate. Does he have sumthin agaisnt white people? I guess he does since he makin a negative remark bout them, saying that he works for white directors. If it was truth, then why's there a contradiction in that statement? Epps have worked for white directors and sh*t, makes no sense. What does it have to do with white people? And when he compared himself with Dave, thats' when u know the muthafu*ka is jealous. All it takes for one person to be jealous is overanalyzed comparisons ya'll.

What Chapelle is goin thru, none of them other comedians are going thru. None of them can speak for him cuz they never came close to the success he dealing with. I'd say the only person that MAY know what Dave is goin thru is Richard Pryor himself. It's unfair that they say this/that w/o even analyzing the situation. I'm pretty sure there's A LOT more to it than just gettin 50 mill; it's more complexed. yah know what i'm sayin? There's the mental aspect, the pressure, the pain, basically sh*t that's behind the scenses.

Analyzing everything, I say Dave is going crazy cuz of the pressure and everything else surroudning him. I think Dave may feel degraded a lil cuz he's surrounded by all these white people tellin him to do this and that that degrades his race. What do u do when your white boss tells u to make more "N igger" jokes that pokes fun of himself? When Dave did it before, it was fun and games and nobody told him to make them racist sketches bout black people. Now the white boss is DEMANDING u to make more of them jokes, now he feels degraded. Before it was just him and that neal dude (His best friend) which was just fine, but since the show has gotten a lot bigger, there's more demeand from the heads of comedy central to do them degrading a.ss skecthes. There's a difference. So there's pressure, behind the stage racism and there's nothing to be done bout it cuz u gettin paid, dealing with the haters growing in numbers, and the strong will to top oneself. THAT WILL DRIVE A MAN TO ANOTHER LEVEL(insanity).

damn. .. i hope chappelle is recuperating juz fine so he can launch retaliation on these hatin muthafu*kas. People always gotta fu*k with u when u are at ur most vulnerable, yah know what im sayin? Leave ta dude alone, when he's back to health say all u want.

Last edited by Buddhazcharm; 06-10-2005 at 12:01 PM..
 06-10-2005, 12:00 PM         #102
chuckster409 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deeeillest said:
damn i feel for mike epps, hes the only one that has been through hard times. he the realest n*gga out, fu*k g unit they aint real mike epps is real. mike epps is from the streets.
Wait!! Why is gunit mentioned in every thread almost? Whats the thread topic? You get Prep H.
 11 years ago '05        #103
ondareal 
space
space
$2,328 | Props total: 109 109
That givin back to the community stuff make sense. But Epps hatin.

I aint never been in space, but if i had a show, and i thought of a skit about space, i'd do dat sh*t. Thats like sayin Eddie Murphey gotta gain 300 pounds before he do Nutty Professor, or sum sh*t. get outta here.
 11 years ago '04        #104
doczdaname 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$11,333 | Props total: 2465 2465
 lilwatt2004 said:
mike epps was on point about why dave melted down. He ain't built like that. dave's a funny dude and all but do you think you would watch Chappelle show if Charlie Murphy
and all those other funny cats weren't on there.

i did and still would, murphy wasnt always there...
 11 years ago '05        #105
sdotty313 
space
space
space
$3,046 | Props total: 0 0
damn that some deep a.ss sh*t though...i aint know homie was so real wit it
 06-10-2005, 12:38 PM         #106
GEO1378 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilwatt2004 said:
mike epps was on point about why dave melted down. He ain't built like that. dave's a funny dude and all but do you think you would watch Chappelle show if Charlie Murphy
and all those other funny cats weren't on there.
we probably still would watch it, dave is funny also. the other people on the show help but they dont make the show!
 06-10-2005, 12:50 PM         #107
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Chappelle actually let it be known he's not from the hood. If you listen to some of his stand ups. It doesn't make a difference where he came from, he noticed some sh*t and brought it to us in a funny way. If he really aint writing the funny sh*t, then i think epps got something to bi*ch about. He prolly gotta go through the day hearing, "you funny n*gga, but you aint no dave chappelle."
 06-10-2005, 01:16 PM         #108
deeeillest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo boxden cats are corny like that, givin people prep h, that might be the dumbest sh*t i ever saw, gimme all the prep h u want ill still sh*t all over u
 11 years ago '04        #109
Javon23 250 heat pts250
space
space
$44,571 | Props total: 5542 5542
coulda swore chappelle is from some small hick town in ohio

i agree with epps. chappelle is extremely overrated
he acts and dresses more white then black is ya ask me
his comedy specials are not funny to me
 06-10-2005, 02:01 PM         #110
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damnn
 06-10-2005, 03:08 PM         #111
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ comedians beefing

Next thing you know Chappelle going to be on the raido hyping up Season 3 saying it features a Mike Epps skit.
 06-10-2005, 03:11 PM         #112
CapoStatus4K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dramatick said:
Epps slams Chappelle for using white writers and not being a crackhead.

I suppose everyone has their theories about what happened to Dave Chapelle in the weeks leading up to the delay of the third season of Chappelle's Show and his now infamous trip to Africa.

At a recent press day for The Honeymooners, comedian Mike Epps took it a step further, committing his opinion to record in front of a room full of journalists in which IGN FilmForce was present.

The subject came up when Epps mentioned his worries about playing Richard Pryor in a potential upcoming project directed by Walter Hill. Someone asked whether his stress compared to Chappelle's and Epps laughed, snapping into a response. "You know, coming from where I come from, I'm already crazy. S**t. You ain't got to worry about me going. I'm crazy, straight up. I done seen the psychiatrist, I been on the little pills or whatever they got. You know what I'm saying? I'm for real. He just goin' through some new s**t. This is him going through his. I thank God I been through mine at an early age. Going through it and being on drugs. I went crazy after Next Friday because certain things overwhelm us, man. That's overwhelming…

"I don't think he came from the background I came from. I don't think that. But my background. Everything around me is failure. You know what I mean? Trash in the alley. I got eight brothers and we all got damn near different daddies. I come from a real welfare family, you know mother struggling. My grandmother was the same way… So that alone, for you to come out in Hollywood and get in a movie will overwhelm the s**t out of you, if you from that. Now, you give me 50 million dollars, I ain't gonna go crazy. I'm gonna go to the mall and go and get some new cars, I'm about to go and put my momma in a new house, I'm about to give some of these kids in the community some money. That's all he should have did… Just give some of that money to the kids, and that will bring you right back… You'll realize that that's what that's for, is to share it, and you won't go crazy.

"The thing about it is, the material he was doing wasn't him. He don't come from no crackheads on the streets and s**t. You can't talk about black people like that and you don't even represent that. You don't come into the community and kick it with black kids. You got white writers on your show. You got white boys writing, talking about black people on the show, you know what I'm saying? You got Oprah lashing out at him. Not only that, you got people comparing him to Richard Pryor, so once you got that on you right there, and you ain't even came from what Richard Pryor came from, it look like you done tricked a bunch of motherf******, that's what it look like, and now you can't follow yourself, because you got that material from some other people. Charlie Murphy and them did all that. I remember the show blowing up from, 'I'm rich, bi*ch' and James Brown and Rick James and all that.

"What I really think, true heart to heart, is that you only as good as your last s**t. That go for me, Cedric [the Entertainer], everybody in this business. You only as good as your last s**t. If you do good the last time I see you, I'm still good with you, but you gotta follow everything you do…"
-- Jeff Otto

[WEBSITE LINK]

REAL TALK FROM A REAL n*gga....
 06-10-2005, 03:25 PM         #113
WePoFoSho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who gives a fu*k if he is hood or not. you dont got to be ghetto to be funny and who cares if a black or white guy wrote the joke or whatever its about as long as its funny
 06-11-2005, 03:14 PM         #114
pvanwagner 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
he acts and dresses more white then black is ya ask me
That's a racist comment. Picture some old guy looking at some young white kid who happens to be all blinged out saying, "He acts and dresses more black than white." It's racist, regardless of what color skin the ignorant person has.

Stuff like this is the reason we still have race problems. It's the 21st century. When people make these kinds of comments, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone and Strom Thurmond is our president.
 06-11-2005, 06:15 PM         #115
Doc Strange 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mike Who?
 11 years ago '04        #116
stay alert 
space
space
space
$1,716 | Props total: 7 7
y did epps have 2 go on tv and say all this, he should have just said it in Chappelle
 11 years ago '05        #117
StonedJeff 3 heat pts
space
space
$902 | Props total: 0 0
a bunch of raciest people on hea and haters thats it !!
 06-12-2005, 11:22 AM         #118
S-DAWG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dave Chapelle just got owned.....hes a puppet to the white man....cause if it was called the neal show and the show was the same he would get kicked off the air in 2 episodes....lmfao Go see honeymooners yall!
 06-12-2005, 11:33 AM         #119
MUZIK74 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

I think Mike Epps has some hate in his blood, lol
 11 years ago '04        #120
DJNocturnal 
space
space
$486 | Props total: 0 0
i knew dave and neal were the head writers of the show, but i also thought charlie murphy, and paul moonie were writers for the show...i remember hearing that somewhere, so how are all his writers white....and even if he was making fun of a crackhead, who gives a fu*k, crackheads are everywhere not just in the hood...mike epps is just jelous cuz he aint geting paid like dave.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Won’t Stop Talking: Meet the NFL’s next shutdown corner
78 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
86 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside M. Night Shyamalan's Split Just Screened, Here's What People Are Saying
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 27 - The brain becomes 'unified' when hallucinating on LSD
249 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Views from a 6ix-year-old's Drake-themed party
41 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside WAK100 Calls out " TEEFY " da BUCK TOOF NIG who KNOCKED out BEANS !
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Meek Mill's Philly Goon Tony Rose Calls Out The Game & Wack100 For Touc..
126 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy