Jun 9 - Epps slams Chappelle

most viewed right now
44 comments @wild'ish
most viewed right now
+36  77
40 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

06-09-2005, 04:35 AM         #26
bigdut1213 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gtownkid04 said
i didn't know that but still, preacher's kids are usually some of the wildest ones, just like kids in catholic school
yeah, that's true, a lil freak I used to mess with in high school Dad was a preacher

14 years ago '04        #27
Dramatick  OP
space
space
$862 | Props total: 30 30
Yo, if you got white n*ggas writing most of the jokes on your own show, especially when some of the jokes clown on black people, than that kind of makes you wonder huh? I wonder how Chappelle really feels about the black jokes and if it were his ideas to make those jokes. I couldn't imagine how it would feel to be sitting at a table wit like 10 white writers all saying "n*gga" "n*gga" "n*gga" without any restraint and sh*t, and then they put you out on the stage and make you tell the jokes. Its like a black man telling a white man's joke, and David Chappele is the scapegoat. I know that that sh*t bothers him too. Thats probably why he's trying to get more control over his show, because even though his black jokes are funny, they be disrespecting black people. And black people already got a bad image as it is.

06-09-2005, 05:46 AM         #28
bigdut1213 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dave and his white cowriter Neal are best friends, who gives a fu*k if they use the word n*gga. If Dave don't have a problem with it, why should I? They're cowriters so they're collaborating ideas TOGETHER.

14 years ago '04        #29
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
space
$10,398 | Props total: 32 32
*awaits any1 to star in the RICHARD PRYOR story*

14 years ago '04        #30
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8933 8933
Im wit Epps for his comments about givin' back n' erething....but Epps actin' like he grew up wit dat n*gga, and i sense alil hate in his blood.

so what if u aint grow up in a sh*tty hood, does that make u less of a man???

personally, i been in the hood my younga days n' the burbs in my teens and i was neva broke. But still in my lifetime i been thru my parents seperatin', crack, gettin' shot at, death, shiesty bi*chs n' friends, movin' home to home, teen pregnancy, n' all dat fu*ked up n' some may call it "hood" sh*t. i call it life.

how can Epps critique anything if he doesnt know exactly what Chappelle is goin' thru. Epps is like, "U got white writers, n' white bosses", this n*gga made Resident Evil 2............he played fu*kin' **** a*s sambo in dat sh*t, so he aint got the right to be callin' peeps out about sellin' out n' sh*t.

I think Epps is tryin' to get some attention. Black people need to get together. There can be more than one big black comedian on the planet earth if we stop cuttin' each others throats when somebody makes it.

06-09-2005, 06:22 AM         #31
bigdut1213 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I do sense just a lil bit of hate from Mike, but I agree with the majority of the stuff he said

14 years ago '05        #32
StonedJeff 3 heat pts
space
space
$908 | Props total: 2 2
what the fu*k does white people have to do with any of what he said ... u kno how many white people struggle just like black people ... and comendy is comedy no matter whos tellin the jokes and from all the people sweatin season 2 of chappell just think he has white people writing his sh*t .. so wut now u going to hate ..lol im tellin u im half black and half white and i just dont get the whole white comment sh*t ... hatin a*s n*gga wish he got 50 mill thats what this comes down too!!! and god for bid a white man ever came out and said dam that white boy got a bunch of black people writing his sh*t .. cause IT WOULD BE ALL OVER EVERYWHERE ... fu*kED UP WORLD ! TELL MY MOMS ( WHOS BLACK ) ALL THE TIME A BLACK PERSON ALWAYS BLAIMS sh*t ON THE WHITE PERSON BUT THE TRUTH IS ...... BLACK PEOPLE BRING THIS sh*t ON THEM SELVES .. AT THIS POINT I DONT FEEL BAD FOR ANY BLACK PERSON THAT HAS TO WHIP OUT SOME WHITE COMMENT sh*t ESIPACALLY FOR N DAM REASON ..... THIS AINT 1918 BE fu*kIN GREATFUL FOR HOW FAR BLACK PEOPLE HAVE COME AND IF U REALLY WANNA BE SOMETHING GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUM a*s AND DO SOMTHING WITH YOURSELF INSTEAD OF BLAMIN IT ON THE PERSON WHO CASHS YOUR CHECK ! I BLAME IT ON THE PARENTS ! STRAIGHT UP THATS HOW I FEEL

14 years ago '05        #33
StonedJeff 3 heat pts
space
space
$908 | Props total: 2 2
This Dude Dont Even Kno Dave Chappell How U Going To Say Some sh*t About Something U Have No Clue About ... He Must Still Be On Crack

14 years ago '04        #34
J^^ 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 0 0
who the hell is mike epps to be talkin bout someone else.... dude's a sh*tty SUPPORTING actor who plays the same type of character in evvvery movie lol

one.

06-09-2005, 06:39 AM         #35
Graphic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i see this no where on IGN.com

14 years ago '05        #36
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 525 525
how can epps say that, its comedy, whocares who writes the jokes huh, aslong as its funny.

14 years ago '04        #37
xtac 
space
space
space
$861 | Props total: 1 1
mike epps is the truth, wasnt half bad in friday, and dude is halarious in bait

14 years ago '04        #38
shorttime 
space
space
space
$178 | Props total: 1 1
 Dramatick said
Yo, if you got white n*ggas writing most of the jokes on your own show, especially when some of the jokes clown on black people, than that kind of makes you wonder huh? I wonder how Chappelle really feels about the black jokes and if it were his ideas to make those jokes. I couldn't imagine how it would feel to be sitting at a table wit like 10 white writers all saying "n*gga" "n*gga" "n*gga" without any restraint and sh*t, and then they put you out on the stage and make you tell the jokes. Its like a black man telling a white man's joke, and David Chappele is the scapegoat. I know that that sh*t bothers him too. Thats probably why he's trying to get more control over his show, because even though his black jokes are funny, they be disrespecting black people. And black people already got a bad image as it is.
exactly, these n*ggas don't understand that sh*t mike epps right about the directors and sh*t and yeah he work for white directors but they don't make him tie himself to a rope and get beaten like a slave by a white man thats why alot of blacks lash out at him and ain't no need for mike to hate they asked a question he kept it real and sh*t he makin money just like dave making money

14 years ago '04        #39
Dramatick  OP
space
space
$862 | Props total: 30 30

heres a direct link to the article

14 years ago '04        #40
aplus|M 
space
space
$4,502 | Props total: 64 64
Dave is just getting his money, so I can't hate on him

But much of what Mike Epps was speaking on was true

The only thing I fault Epps on is note reaching out to Chappelle on this and trying to work with him or show him this in private. Real people don't air sh*t out in the media first - they speak to each other, then use the news or a weapon if that ain't effective.

06-09-2005, 08:17 AM         #41
chuckster409 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilwatt2004 said
mike epps was on point about why dave melted down. He ain't built like that. dave's a funny dude and all but do you think you would watch Chappelle show if Charlie Murphy
and all those other funny cats weren't on there.
Murphy and them other cats did write alot of sh*t. He got them white writers now no offence, but I think he has figured by now that sh*t aint gon work. He needs to take some of the money he got and hire Murphy and some of his old crew back, or go get some kats that understand what needs to be done. Just my opinion.

06-09-2005, 08:31 AM         #42
tantalizing_t2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hate when blacks lash out at blacks epps should be supporting dave not hatin. and if white people are writing the show, why hasn't the season started. we're they that harsh in episodes that we can't watch it

Last edited by tantalizing_t2; 06-09-2005 at 08:32 AM..

06-09-2005, 08:43 AM         #43
smoothassasin7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man this isnt slamming dave he just speaking his mind sh*t white cats prolly hyping this bs up to sell that honeymooners....man really dont understand black peeps at all

06-09-2005, 09:00 AM         #44
blaqeyez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another Case of the black man bringing the black man down.........Epps is a successful man, sure hes not as successful as dave, but WTF who cares......they both making the dough..........Why epps gotta talk sh*t I dunno.............he actin like you cant make jokes about something if you aint live it, WTF kinda sh*t is that........Half of all comedy wrote the people aint actually live what they talking bout......Same thing applies for hip hop...Epps needs to such his ignorant mouth up

Last edited by blaqeyez; 06-09-2005 at 09:01 AM..

06-09-2005, 09:03 AM         #45
TRiL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Crazy

14 years ago '04        #46
Def Poet|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,754 | Props total: 320 320
WTF are all y'all saying Mike Epps don't know Chappelle...You don't know if they know each other or not so fallback with that arguement. I'm a fan of both of them. The things that Mike Epps expressed, some of them had truth in them and he wasn't slamming him nor was he really just airing him out. He was asked a question and he answered it. To be honest he really didn't say sh*t hateful towards Chappelle besides the white writers.

Last edited by ~Struggles~; 06-09-2005 at 09:19 AM..

06-09-2005, 09:13 AM         #47
HumanCrakk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont give a sh*t about any of this sh*t all i know is that chapelle show and his standup is some of the funniest sh*t i ever heard and umm mike epps aint to special if u ask me

06-09-2005, 09:28 AM         #48
~Fat Joe~ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is it just me or am i the only one think both suck and arent funny, they try too hard and they never make me laugh

14 years ago '04        #49
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,851 | Props total: 4500 4500
I don't know Dave Chappelle. So I don't have the right to say what he did or didn't grow up around. Mike Epps might know him a little better, but what he said wasn't his place. Funny is funny, n*ggas gotta realize that.

14 years ago '05        #50
BUBBA1974 
space
space
$709 | Props total: 34 34
He Is Speaking The Truth But We Really Dont Know What Happened To Dave So We Cant Judge But People Will

Home      

most viewed right now
+91online now  129
Image(s) inside Feb 17 - Tamla Horsford beaten to death at football mom slumber party
219 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+75online now  47
Image(s) inside Judge basically tells the jury to go phuck themselves while denying a ..
60 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+33online now  27
Video inside Feb 17 - Kamala Harris getting backlash from the black community again ..
122 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
-67online now  24
NBA Kristen Ledlow got married to a cornball brother
101 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy