‘Halo Infinite’ Interest Surging Above ‘Call Of Duty Vanguard’ And ‘Battlefield 2042’

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
54 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

8 months ago '20        #1
1658 page views
66 comments

5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x196
Props total: 105214 105 K  Slaps total: 21475 21 K
‘Halo Infinite’ Interest Surging Above ‘Call Of Duty Vanguard’ And ‘Battlefield 2042’

Halo Infinite may only be coming to Xbox and PC, but that has not stopped interest in the game from surging above holiday season rivals like Call of Duty Vanguard and Battlefield 2042, if you’ve been tracking search data.

The chart above shows just how much buzz the Halo Infinite test flights have managed to generate, despite Halo’s release date being further away (December 8) than both Call of Duty’s (November 5) and Battlefield’s (November 19).

You can see huge interest spikes during those test flight weekends, but even outside of that, despite being an Xbox/PC exclusive, interest in Halo Infinite has generally held strong this entire time, and that only seems to be increasing in time.

Battlefield 2042 is about to have early access start tomorrow, October 6, with an open test a few days after that, so I’d expect to see a spike. But Call of Duty Vanguard? Something seems a bit…off with Sledgehammer’s WWII-based game this season. Interest has been lagging, and the game already had beta periods in September where you can see small jumps, but nothing close to what Halo has gotten. And keep in mind that Vanguard comes out in a month, and interest is now sagging below both Halo and Battlefield.

The old adage is that Call of Duty is the best-selling game of the year, every year, no matter what, but if Vanguard underperforms, that would be the last thing Activision Blizzard wants to see, which is having a (deservedly) terrible year in the midst of a wide array of misconduct, harassment and discrimination investigations in terms of how women have been treated at the company.

I doubt that a “moral choice” not to pick up an Activision game like Call of Duty this year will make much of a dent in sales. But this could be poor timing with Vanguard really just…being not all that appealing, at least compared to other more famous sub-series of Call of Duty like Black Ops and Modern Warfare. Of course, Call of Duty now has the Warzone money-printing machine running at all times, but there does seem to be a distinct lack of buzz around Vanguard compared to past titles.

Halo, of course, has an advantage because unlike Call of Duty, there is no Halo game every year. Halo Infinite is actually the first new Halo game since Halo 5 in 2015, which makes this more of an “event.” It also helps that after last year’s disastrous debut, the year delay seems to have produced a much more refined Halo Infinite, and one that everyone can’t stop raving about during the technical tests.

We’ll see how this all shakes out in the end. Call of Duty can never be counted out, and has 130+ million PS4s and PS5s it can be sold on, whereas there are probably half as many Xboxes out there, at best, for Halo. But still, what I’m seeing here feels significant, and an underperforming Call of Duty would be a disaster for Activision, especially this year.
 SPdaGOAT said image
And just like that, the hype for Halo Infinite is lost in the abyss.

Wait till Duty come out too
+5   

best
worst
66 comments

8 months ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 104069 104 K  Slaps total: 38702 38 K
Lets place a bet on which of these 3 games sells the least

8 months ago '13        #3
uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 64481 64 K  Slaps total: 11463 11 K
looking forward to that BF2042 beta ,
+1   

8 months ago '16        #4
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17449 17 K  Slaps total: 2930 2 K
Literally means nothing when 2 of 3 have been previewed.

Also, halos supposed to have higher search data since it’s been a meme for the past year. Are people not going to be interested to see if it’s looking better or not? 69’s first song when he came out did astronomical numbers, and then his album flopped like Magikarp.

What’s that tell you about human curiousity? Let’s see what happens when all three games are on the market first week, first month and then an update on game traffic 3-6 months later. If it’s still the same sh*t feel free to talk your sh*t

8 months ago '14        #5
BasedGawd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 32516 32 K  Slaps total: 4701 4 K
I'm excited for Vanguard.
+1   

8 months ago '05        #6
Krazie 
Props total: 49790 49 K  Slaps total: 7915 7 K
This sh*t's gonna be huge
+5   

8 months ago '04        #7
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7637 7 K  Slaps total: 1350 1 K
It couldn't possibly be trending because people were talking about having fun on the game trials...It must still be about Craig

If it ain't about walking around and looking at cut scenes, certain people don't think a game can be fun
+2   

8 months ago '17        #8
 SPdaGOAT said
Lets place a bet on which of these 3 games sells the least
It got quiet after this

Y’all know this sh*t gonna get smashed by both these games lmfao. Stop bothering me about keeping it a buck

8 months ago '17        #9
 Liquid-Science said
It couldn't possibly be trending because people were talking about having fun on the game trials...It must still be about Craig

If it ain't about walking around and looking at cut scenes, certain people don't think a game can be fun
Returnal and Demons Souls both say hi

8 months ago '21        #10
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9329 9 K  Slaps total: 9432 9 K
Halo is for rent boys

8 months ago '05        #11
Krazie 
 Liquid-Science said

Sony fanboys apparently still rocketing up Halo Infinite search results for meme purposes instead of actually playing a video game themselves
+6   

8 months ago '16        #12
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17449 17 K  Slaps total: 2930 2 K
 Krazie said
Sony fanboys apparently still rocketing up Halo Infinite search results for meme purposes instead of actually playing a video game themselves
Did you just admit that the reason for the spike is not actual interest but people looking up material to make jokes out of?

+1   

8 months ago '17        #13
 Novii said
Did you just admit that the reason for the spike is not actual interest but people looking up material to make jokes out of?

That boy hella retarded bruh

8 months ago '20        #14
God is Good 
Props total: 23071 23 K  Slaps total: 21960 21 K
I can see the headline from Phil now

“Halo was downloaded 25 million times in the first month of release becoming the most successful game of the year”

Leaving out it’s a free game and cost nothing but bandwidth to access it. You’ll also have cross dressers like that krazie person saying how big the game is while ignoring its free

8 months ago '17        #15
Lazy 
Props total: 33852 33 K  Slaps total: 4419 4 K
 Keep God First said
I can see the headline from Phil now

“Halo was downloaded 25 million times in the first month of release becoming the most successful game of the year”

Leaving out it’s a free game and cost nothing but bandwidth to access it. You’ll also have cross dressers like that krazie person saying how big the game is while ignoring its free

Free to play games make more money than pay to play games

Shoutout to Apple
+3   

8 months ago '13        #16
uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 64481 64 K  Slaps total: 11463 11 K
any ps folks preorder? thinking of preordering and cancelling it later

8 months ago '05        #17
Krazie 
 uoeno said
any ps folks preorder? thinking of preordering and cancelling it later
...... Why?

8 months ago '12        #18
BrooklynSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12389 12 K  Slaps total: 2661 2 K
First 2/3 posts from people that won’t even play the game

They want to see the game fail so bad
+5   

8 months ago '20        #19
God is Good 
 Lazy said
Free to play games make more money than pay to play games

Shoutout to Apple
dont care

those games are almost never any good when you arent shoveling $$$$ at them for stupid sh*t

8 months ago '17        #20
Lazy 
Props total: 33852 33 K  Slaps total: 4419 4 K
 Keep God First said
dont care

those games are almost never any good when you arent shoveling $$$$ at them for stupid sh*t
Move the goal post all you want but numbers don’t lie
+5   

8 months ago '20        #21
God is Good 
 Lazy said
Move the goal post all you want but numbers don’t lie
I don’t need to move goalposts fu*k n*gga. I said the game will be trash months ago

I still stand by my words

8 months ago '09        #22
xslick504 
Props total: 6670 6 K  Slaps total: 234 234
I said in the other thread , what I saw this past weekend looked like Halo and that's good with the cloud it's had over it for like a year now.

It should do well based off that hopefully.

CoD is CoD and will always be what it is...... Same with Battlefield.

Me personally , I'm a Battlefield guy but I hope all 3 do well for they communities.

Last edited by xslick504; 10-05-2021 at 05:47 PM..
+2   

8 months ago '05        #23
TonyCartagena 
Props total: 68243 68 K  Slaps total: 11413 11 K
Will Flop And Then The Narrative Will Be "well why buy it when its free on gamepASS?"

8 months ago '11        #24
Blokka Blokka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 24564 24 K  Slaps total: 5203 5 K
Look at all the stans rushing into this thread

+2   

8 months ago '17        #25
 Blokka Blokka said
Look at all the stans rushing into this thread

You deadass just comment on people in this section now

I hope I never get this bored bruh lol
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Did Marcus Jordan Sell his “Sole” in Backdoor Sneaker Scandal?
128 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  11
Article inside 'Predator' Spyware Let Government Hackers Break Into Chrome and Andro..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside What's up with these n*ggas bringing batty riders back into style.
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+66online now  5
Video inside Kendrick Lamar: “I could’ve EASILY made an Album of Radio Hits”
207 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy