cox isp mafia....waives phony data caps for phoenix victims with gigabit speed

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 months ago '09        #1
1221 page views
9 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x73
Props total: 244988 244 K  Slaps total: 27120 27 K
cox isp mafia....waives phony data caps for phoenix victims with gigabit speed

visit this link https://stopthecap.com/20 .. s-competition/

With unlimited home wireless broadband from T-Mobile and Verizon starting to take a dent out of Cox Communications’ customer base, the cable operator is shoring up a defensive position by waiving its arbitrary data cap for existing customers signed up for gigabit speed service in select areas.

“We’re showing our appreciation by giving you free unlimited data for two years,” reads the postcard sent to one of Stop the Cap’s readers in Phoenix. “Now you can stream away without worrying about overages.”

image Phoenix residents currently have a choice of up to four different providers — Cox Cable, CenturyLink, Verizon 5G Home Internet, or T-Mobile’s 5G fixed wireless home broadband. Verizon and T-Mobile both offer service with no data caps, but coverage remains selective, especially for Verizon.

Customers must receive the postcard offer and redeem it with Cox to waive their data cap, and the offer is not transferable

image It applies only to subscribers with gigabit speed and after 24 months, Cox’s 1.25 TB data cap returns.

The fact Cox is willing to waive its own arbitrary data cap for marketing and competition reasons further demonstrates that artificial limits imposed on internet service have nothing to do with congestion, “fairness,” or network management
+7   

best
worst
9 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
tokinjohn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 119749 119 K  Slaps total: 14596 14 K
Lol Marv despises the cable companies....stay on em!
+3   

2 months ago '11        #3
Anti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 56299 56 K  Slaps total: 4212 4 K
I know this dude that pays Cox almost $300 a month because of going over. He’s on the Xbox all day, but it seems a bit excessive cause I use 300GB a month he does that in 1 week. I think something is up with his Xbox.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #4
blazerock 
Props total: 205 205  Slaps total: 4 4
 Anti said
I know this dude that pays Cox almost $300 a month because of going over. He’s on the Xbox all day, but it seems a bit excessive cause I use 300GB a month he does that in 1 week. I think something is up with his Xbox.
Homie is just not paying attention...could easily add the bullsh*t unlimited data for 50 bucks.

Thats what i did the week that they implemented this bullsh*t cuz otherwise id be paying upwards of 350-400 a month due to the number of devices, kids on ps4/xbox and streaming my household does.

That said the cap is straight BULLsh*t... service hasn't improved since they implemented it (which we all knew that because it was always a cash grab) and if anything service has gotten worse.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #5
Eastcoast 
Props total: 9385 9 K  Slaps total: 2557 2 K
 tokinjohn said
Most are trash, and didn’t face competition for decades.
+3   

2 months ago '09        #6
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x73 OP
 tokinjohn said

these regimes didnt implement the phony data caps until 2018. i think that was during the peak of slingtv or some sh*t. the alleged "service outages" got even worse and more frequent since then
+2   

2 months ago '04        #7
SeanP 
Props total: 4633 4 K  Slaps total: 700 700
<white boy voice> COX can suck a c*ck! <white boy voice>

They know their days of monopolizing Internet sevice in certain areas is limited. Thatts why they pushing home security so hard now...
+2   

2 months ago '09        #8
 SeanP said
<white boy voice> COX can suck a c*ck! <white boy voice>

They know their days of monopolizing Internet sevice in certain areas is limited. Thatts why they pushing home security so hard now...

the paranomic wifi modem is a security risk. cox wifi hotspot is switched on by default and the only way to disable it is through the app. the cox mafia claims hot spot data dont count against the phony 1.25 tb data cap
+2   

2 months ago '20        #9
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42064 42 K  Slaps total: 7830 7 K
Cox is notorious for nickel & diming you

Last edited by Xiox; 10-06-2021 at 03:24 PM..
+2   

2 months ago '09        #10
 Xiox said
Cox is notorious for nickel diming you

my internet bill is $40 a month but cox slaps $35 more in 15 seperate fees on top of that smh

they tried to get me to upgrade to 500mbps for another $10 a month for 2 years

after 2 years the slapping of them fees would resume
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+61online now  13
Video inside Black Man orders Chinese food in fluent Chinese and they pretend they d..
137 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+110online now  9
Deion invited Brittany Renner to speak to his team
202 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+17online now  8
The Official "Bone Thugs-N-Harmony [Verzuz] Three 6 Mafia" Thread