online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Tim Cook Says Employees Who Leak Memos Do Not Belong At Apple, According To Leaked Memo

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 years ago '07        #1
959 page views
3 comments

Jago  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 16401 16 K  Slaps total: 1949 1 K
icon Tim Cook Says Employees Who Leak Memos Do Not Belong At Apple, According To Leaked Memo

Tim Cook sent an email to Apple employees Tuesday evening about an all-hands meeting that leaked to The Verge last week. He said the company is doing “everything in our power to identify those who leaked” and noted that “people who leak confidential information do not belong” at Apple.

On September 17th, Tim Cook announced during an internal company-wide meeting that Apple would be requiring frequent testing for unvaccinated employees — but was stopping short of a vaccine mandate. He also said that he was “looking forward to moving forward” after the Epic v. Apple antitrust case. Shortly after the meeting, both pieces of news leaked to The Verge.

Now, Cook is tying the news to product leaks — which the company has historically gone to great lengths to track down.

Read the full tr@nscription of Cook’s email:

Dear Team,

It was great to connect with you at the global employee meeting on Friday. There was much to celebrate, from our remarkable new product line-up to our values driven work around climate change, racial equity, and privacy. It was a good opportunity to reflect on our many accomplishments and to have a discussion about what’s been on your mind.

I’m writing today because I’ve heard from so many of you were were incredibly frustrated to see the contents of the meeting leak to reporters. This comes after a product launch in which most of the details of our announcements were also leaked to the press.

I want you to know that I share your frustration. These opportunities to connect as a team are really important. But they only work if we can trust that the content will stay within Apple. I want to reassure you that we are doing everything in our power to identify those who leaked. As you know, we do not tolerate disclosures of confidential information, whether it’s product IP or the details of a confidential meeting. We know that the leakers constitute a small number of people. We also know that people who leak confidential information do not belong here.

As we look forward, I want to thank you for all you’ve done to make our products a reality and all you will do to get them into customers’ hands. Yesterday we released iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and watchOS 8, and Friday marks the moment when we share some of our incredible new products with the world. There’s nothing better than that. We’ll continue to measure our contributions in the lives we change, the connections we foster, and the work we do to leave the world a better place.

Thank you,

Tim
 Tim Cook says employees who leak memos do not belong at Apple, according to leaked memo - The Verge
+1   

icon
best
icon
worst
3 comments

2 years ago '11        #2
Anti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 58116 58 K  Slaps total: 4362 4 K
Timmy been cracking down on leaks I believe the rumored square design Apple Watch was 1 of many baits apple put to purposely to see where the leaks are coming from.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 years ago '20        #3
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 180763 180 K  Slaps total: 14593 14 K

2 years ago '04        #4
Twotwenty 
Props total: 15305 15 K  Slaps total: 1267 1 K
He's right. It's one thing to talk about memos inside your industry but to leak them to the press or outsiders is wrong.

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+4113
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+5211
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+338
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
286 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Birdman and slim pull up to a drake j cole concert
22 comments