Post your daily training logs and goals for October 2021

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

2 months ago '13        #1
12517 page views
222 comments

eazy253  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 11851 11 K  Slaps total: 776 776

+6   

best
worst
222 comments

2 months ago '13        #2
eazy253  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
Props total: 11851 11 K  Slaps total: 776 776
Goals for October 2021

1) Walk 250 miles.
2) Train 31 times.
3) Average 1500 calories w/ 170 grams of protein each day.
4) Lose 10 lbs, get to 208 lbs.
5) 2 days over daily calorie goal. 10/1 (rootbeer float cookies) and Halloween.

link to cookie recipe
+14   

2 months ago '06        #3
bxdiplomat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 20910 20 K  Slaps total: 2234 2 K
Still deciding should I Stay with a 4-day spit or 5-day spit, and if I should try weekly undulating periodization( basically you rotate the classic rep ranges weekly)

Since I'm about to wrap up this up

+3   

2 months ago '05        #4
pnoi89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 27561 27 K  Slaps total: 2862 2 K
 bxdiplomat said
Still deciding should I Stay with a 4-day spit or 5-day spit, and if I should try weekly undulating periodization( basically you rotate the classic rep ranges weekly)

Since I'm about to wrap up this up

Unless you're planning for a powerlifting competition, nothing wrong with sticking with a hypertrophy or a powerbuilding program with an emphasis on the big 3 compound lifts.

Keeps you on your toes with the volume and definitely helped me with my conditioning. Thought about pivoting for a strength oriented program, but leaning away from it due to the results from higher volume and moderate intensity.
+2   

2 months ago '06        #5
bxdiplomat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 20910 20 K  Slaps total: 2234 2 K
 pnoi89 said
Unless you're planning for a powerlifting competition, nothing wrong with sticking with a hypertrophy or a powerbuilding program with an emphasis on the big 3 compound lifts.

Keeps you on your toes with the volume and definitely helped me with my conditioning. Thought about pivoting for a strength oriented program, but leaning away from it due to the results from higher volume and moderate intensity.
Naw it's still a hypertrophy plan.

I'm just having sunk cost fallacy about a program that I had brought.

The main difference in the programming is going from phase ( 4-6 weeks) of different rep ranges with adjustable volume ( adding or lowering) more sets vs having the sets planned out but with rep ranges rotating weekly

and if I convert RIR to RPE

the RP goes 7,8,9 and this one just uses RPE 8

I have until mid/end of Oct to decide anyways

2 months ago '05        #6
 pnoi89 said
I ended up taking a completely different direction in going into a 7 week hypertrophy focused workout and going back into a bulk.

Currently, I'm weigh around 207-209 lb.

Back is fully healed from my injury back in July, so letting the workout plan do the work.

Goal for September:
- Finish out the hypertrophy plan I'm in right now. Will likely pivot to a strength-driven program afterwards, which would be at the end of September.
- Will transition back to a cut if I find out at the end of the month I’m fat. Will base it on my waist size. If it’s more than 34”, I’ll be back on a cut for sure.
Goals for October:
1. Finish out this 7 week hypertrophy program, go on vacation for 1 week in Mexico (planning to do NO workouts, unless I'm really bored when I'm there), then go into my next program (debating on hypertrophy, powerbuilding or strength).

2. If I end up slightly cutting back to 200 lb (currently at 210 lb), then definitely NOT picking a strength program. Uncertain right now on whether to maintain or to cut.

3. Milestones before 2022:
- Squat: 515 lb
- Deadlift: 605 lb
- Bench: 350 lb (reaching high on this one)
- Overhead Press: 225 lb (another reach on this too)
+1   

2 months ago '05        #7
 bxdiplomat said
Naw it's still a hypertrophy plan.

I'm just having sunk cost fallacy about a program that I had brought.

The main difference in the programming is going from phase ( 4-6 weeks) of different rep ranges with adjustable volume ( adding or lowering) more sets vs having the sets planned out but with rep ranges rotating weekly

and if I convert RIR to RPE

the RP goes 7,8,9 and this one just uses RPE 8

I have until mid/end of Oct to decide anyways
I understand now.

My take is, if you're responding to what's you're currently doing, repeat the program or take on the 'sequel' to it. No need to make adjustments unless you're finding yourself stalling and/or getting extremely bored of the current program you were doing.

As for RIR and RPE, I've always considered those to be the same thing in regards to measuring what you have left in the tank.
+1   

2 months ago '14        #8
eazyebo 
Props total: 5450 5 K  Slaps total: 668 668
I've already hit my goal folks but good luck to my BX fam

+9   

2 months ago '06        #9
Jhnnyblz427 
Props total: 40411 40 K  Slaps total: 2340 2 K
Straight up cardio to improve my endurance ( work related ) . fu*king have shin splints too at the moment so it sucks but trying my best not to over train.

Doing calisthenics as well.
+6   

2 months ago '15        #10
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 78248 78 K  Slaps total: 7195 7 K
Trying a new rotation revolving around going in everyday, maybe one rest day depending on the soreness.

3 routine rotation, one chest/arms day, one back/shoulders, one legs, all days ended with ab exercises. Then repeat. Been alright for a week, took Monday off. Trying to tone/strengthen legs and abs while burning more than I eat.

This get me in prime shape then I might join a Muy Thai class in a few months, seen some reputable ones around the way.

Last edited by Spawn; 09-30-2021 at 01:01 PM..
+2   

2 months ago '15        #11
 pnoi89 said
Goals for October:

3. Milestones before 2022:
Where you at with it now?

2 months ago '05        #12
 Spawn said
Where you at with it now?
Current:
- Squat: 500 lb @ RPE 9. So I can probably go as high as 522.5 lb as my absolute 1RM on a good day.

- Deadlift: 585lb @ RPE 9.5, so 597.5 lb as my absolute 1RM. Planning to attempt 595-600 lb this weekend.

- Bench: 335 lb @ RPE 10. I might have 5 lb in there, so 340 lb could be possible.

- Overhead Press: 185 lb RPE 8.5. So 197.5lb probably as my absolute 1RM. I know 225 lb ain't there yet at all (tried and failed recently).

Estimated 1RM's based on RPE Calculator:

For comparison, my milestones before 2022:
+5   

2 months ago '15        #13
 pnoi89 said
Current:
- Squat: 500 lb @ RPE 9. So I can probably go as high as 522.5 lb as my absolute 1RM on a good day.

- Deadlift: 585lb @ RPE 9.5, so 597.5 lb as my absolute 1RM. Planning to attempt 595-600 lb this weekend.

- Bench: 335 lb @ RPE 10. I might have 5 lb in there, so 340 lb could be possible.

- Overhead Press: 185 lb RPE 8.5. So 197.5lb probably as my absolute 1RM. I know 225 lb ain't there yet at all (tried and failed recently).

Estimated 1RM's based on RPE Calculator:

For comparison, my milestones before 2022:
Strong head a*s.

Now I gotta go in there and squat more than 225 today lol goddamn
+2   

2 months ago '07        #14
biged79 
Props total: 6489 6 K  Slaps total: 358 358
I need to get serious and lose this weight. I planned on starting a mostly plant based diet and cardio in October to burn as much fat as I can. Does anyone have any suggestions on what exercises are most effective for burning stomach and upper body fat?
+3   

2 months ago '14        #15
BasedGawd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 28890 28 K  Slaps total: 4269 4 K
Being cheap deteriorated my health. I wore these trial contact lenses for over a year. When the lenses started bothering me, I broke my fu*king glasses at that time.

Because of my crazy work schedule, I never had time to go to the eye doctor for new lenses or glasses and I was wearing my contacts basically 24/7 to see.

During this time I was constantly tired and low on energy feeling depleted. My face looked puffy and old as fu*k. I would feel sick some days thinking I got covid.

Months later I finally got some new fu*king contacts and glasses which made a world of a difference. I have endless energy again, no longer feel tired or depleted, losing fat without counting calories.

Apparently the germs from them dirty a*s old contacts were fu*king me up real good. Feels great to be back to normal.
+6   

2 months ago '05        #16
 biged79 said
I need to get serious and lose this weight. I planned on starting a mostly plant based diet and cardio in October to burn as much fat as I can. Does anyone have any suggestions on what exercises are most effective for burning stomach and upper body fat?
1. Plant-Based Diet: Nothing wrong with plant-based.... I a*sume no meat altogether? I a*sume you want to retain as much muscle as possible in your journey to lowering bodyfat? If so, you need to keep your protein intake high. Since you're aiming for plant-based, does that exclude fish and dairy too? Seitan, tempeh are some vegan options with very high protein density. In short, keep protein intake HIGH, at least 0.8 g of protein per pound of bodyfat per day.

2. Targetting Fat Loss Myth & Focusing on Caloric Deficit: As for 'most effective' exercises to burn stomach and upper body fat, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to target fat loss. You need to lower your overall bodyfat by keeping yourself in a caloric deficit (meaning, Calories In is LESS than Calories Out).

Calories In - Calories Out means you need to heavily focus on your diet. Note that your body WILL adapt when you do MORE exercising, so you'll ultimately find that you cannot outwork a diet that keeps you at Caloric Maintenance (Calories In = Calories Out) or worse, Caloric Surplus (Calories In is MORE than Calories Out).

3. Recommended Minimum Exercise: In general, you should aim to do BOTH resistance training (hitting each major muscle group at least twice a week) at a proper intensity AND cardio (at least 150-300 minutes of moderate cardio or 75-150 minutes of vigorous cardio or a combination of per week).

This is the bare minimum guidelines with research to back up the health benefits alone per the 'Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans' by the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee:
+3   

2 months ago '05        #17
 BasedGawd said
Being cheap deteriorated my health. I wore these trial contact lenses for over a year. When the lenses started bothering me, I broke my fu*king glasses at that time.

Because of my crazy work schedule, I never had time to go to the eye doctor for new lenses or glasses and I was wearing my contacts basically 24/7 to see.

During this time I was constantly tired and low on energy feeling depleted. My face looked puffy and old as fu*k. I would feel sick some days thinking I got covid.

Months later I finally got some new fu*king contacts and glasses which made a world of a difference. I have endless energy again, no longer feel tired or depleted, losing fat without counting calories.

Apparently the germs from them dirty a*s old contacts were fu*king me up real good. Feels great to be back to normal.
Glad you got that addressed. Sometimes you really have to listen to your body if it’s rejecting something it’s not liking… In this case, it was those trial contacts. Glad nothing worse came out of it.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #18
 Spawn said
Strong head a*s.

Now I gotta go in there and squat more than 225 today lol goddamn
Remember man, as long as you’re consistent, training with proper intensity and managing the load to avoid over fatigue, etc., you WILL get stronger naturally. Just gotta let the process work itself out.
+1   

2 months ago '11        #19
BaseWhitaker 
Props total: 29712 29 K  Slaps total: 4354 4 K
2 years ago I lost 80lbs and have kept it off: 5’10 186lbs

My goal is to get to 175lbs but tbh I may call it when I hit 180 flat cause the Holidays are going to plump me up a bit regardless

I made a Playlist of these workouts and I do one a day: Bang out 400-500 pushups with it, I have a Mountain Climber (though it’s kinda flimsy) in my Garage and that’s usually my day’s work

I don’t lift weights at all tho -

+3   

2 months ago '07        #20
biged79 
Props total: 6489 6 K  Slaps total: 358 358
 pnoi89 said
1. Plant-Based Diet: Nothing wrong with plant-based.... I a*sume no meat altogether? I a*sume you want to retain as much muscle as possible in your journey to lowering bodyfat? If so, you need to keep your protein intake high. Since you're aiming for plant-based, does that exclude fish and dairy too? Seitan, tempeh are some vegan options with very high protein density. In short, keep protein intake HIGH, at least 0.8 g of protein per pound of bodyfat per day.

2. Targetting Fat Loss Myth & Focusing on Caloric Deficit: As for 'most effective' exercises to burn stomach and upper body fat, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to target fat loss. You need to lower your overall bodyfat by keeping yourself in a caloric deficit (meaning, Calories In is LESS than Calories Out).

Calories In - Calories Out means you need to heavily focus on your diet. Note that your body WILL adapt when you do MORE exercising, so you'll ultimately find that you cannot outwork a diet that keeps you at Caloric Maintenance (Calories In = Calories Out) or worse, Caloric Surplus (Calories In is MORE than Calories Out).

3. Recommended Minimum Exercise: In general, you should aim to do BOTH resistance training (hitting each major muscle group at least twice a week) at a proper intensity AND cardio (at least 150-300 minutes of moderate cardio or 75-150 minutes of vigorous cardio or a combination of per week).

This is the bare minimum guidelines with research to back up the health benefits alone per the 'Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans' by the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee:
Good looking out. I appreciate it fam. I might eat fish or some lean chicken. When I mentioned plant based, I more so meant replacing the junk and processed food with veggies and some vegan subs as well. No dairy either, does horrible things to my body.

I will check this out. Might even document my progress.
+1   

2 months ago '13        #21
xzhibit 
Props total: 1295 1 K  Slaps total: 80 80
Jog/walk an hour and 30m in the am

Lift in afternoon for an hour

Jiu jitsu 6-9pm

5 days a week
+4   

2 months ago '15        #22
 pnoi89 said
Remember man, as long as you’re consistent, training with proper intensity and managing the load to avoid over fatigue, etc., you WILL get stronger naturally. Just gotta let the process work itself out.
Hell yea, this why I'm trying to increase leg day to 2 days a week, 1 minimum. Fell off consistency wise, Imma try to go up to 315 tonight. Tired of coming back and being sore for 4-5 days, still a little sore from a Sunday leg day but we back at it, gonna get em right.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #23
 xzhibit said
Jog/walk an hour and 30m in the am

Lift in afternoon for an hour

Jiu jitsu 6-9pm

5 days a week
Trying to get like you, fam. Keep it up
+2   

2 months ago '13        #24
xzhibit 
Props total: 1295 1 K  Slaps total: 80 80
 Spawn said
Trying to get like you, fam. Keep it up
If u can find a podcast u enjoy or something to listen to for that hour and 30 it goes by quick. I done lost all the muscle mass I had when I was 185(167-170 now) due to the cardio but I feel better having my muscles used for function, flexibility and range of motion over strength, as for the lifting its no more heavy weights just steady weights and calisthenics no more reaching for a new pr so in a way I don't need to recover much so its less strain and lets me do more activities.
+3   

2 months ago '20        #25
Habeas Corpus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 27699 27 K  Slaps total: 5527 5 K

+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  28
Video inside Viral rappers 'Island boys' push cryptocurrency raising concern about r..
30 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+27online now  24
Anthony Edwards says Jimmy Butler is a fake tough guy
30 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+104online now  19
I've seen Scarface over 10,000+ times and I just now realized what Tony said!
84 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  18
Nov 28 - First cases of omicron COVID variant confirmed in Ontario Canada
150 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy