Chuck D Takes Heat For Suggesting R. Kelly Doesn’t Deserve Life in Prison: ‘This Is Toxic’

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+32  37
27 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 weeks ago '07        #1
2923 page views
126 comments

Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x116
Props total: 244645 244 K  Slaps total: 21843 21 K
Chuck D Takes Heat For Suggesting R. Kelly Doesn’t Deserve Life in Prison: ‘This Is Toxic’

Chuck D’s tweet about R. Kelly’s verdict and the U.S. prison system has many people wondering what the legendary rapper was thinking.

The Public Enemy front man tweeted his take after the R&B singer was found guilty Monday on eight counts of s*x trafficking and one count of racketeering.

Chuck D traced R. Kelly’s childhood and young adult background, comparing his situation to that of Rick James, another Black man.

R Kelly’s trial lasted almost six weeks with a jury of 12 — seven men and five women. It concluded Friday in New York. Many of the witnesses who came forward to accuse R. Kelly were Black women, heightening the case’s importance within the larger #MeToo movement.

Reactions to Chuck D’s tweet from other entertainers and creatives in the Black community have not echoed his sentiments. Drew Dixon, subject of HBO’s “On the Record” documentary which focuses on how she became one of the first Black woman to come forward and detail her history of abuse by Russell Simmons, called out Chuck D on Twitter for “twisting logic into a pretzel.”

Dixon has retweeted several other replies in the growing Twitter conversation. She even pulled Lindsey Boylan — the first woman to speak out in the accusation of Andrew Cuomo’s s*xual harassment — into the thread.

Dixon has also emphasized other responses from Black people like April Reign that discuss how to talk about and correct both Chuck D’s and R Kelly’s behavior.

visit this link https://www.yahoo.com/ent .. 233245597.html
+12   

best
worst
126 comments

4 weeks ago '17        #2
Sucka Repellent  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 97468 97 K  Slaps total: 17761 17 K
+8   

4 weeks ago '07        #3
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x116 OP
Props total: 244645 244 K  Slaps total: 21843 21 K
 Sucka Repellent said
+4   

4 weeks ago '07        #4
strongthetruth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 30506 30 K  Slaps total: 7498 7 K
Yea life is a bit of a stretch. I could understand a good 15-20. That’s about the most I’ve ever seen s*x crimes get.
+14   

4 weeks ago '04        #5
kniccalodeon 
Props total: 11412 11 K  Slaps total: 552 552
Once he started taking them across state lines he moved into another realm of fu*ked. This isn’t some accusation to come back from, dude did his dirt and he’s gotta go into the dirt behind bars. This ain’t a s*x tape sent to the Chicago Sun Times. It’s not an accusation of impropriety and falsified marriage licenses to a teenager. It’s decades of deviant behavior he got away with and started making dumbass moves that came back to finish him off. This ain’t the dude to be rallying behind or talking about redemption. Too many black men locked up for bullsh*t to waste our time on someone we lost a long time ago.
+50   

4 weeks ago '04        #6
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 14978 14 K  Slaps total: 3313 3 K
isnt it more about removal rather than reformation
+4   

4 weeks ago '09        #7
That Guy Fly 
Props total: 46169 46 K  Slaps total: 13870 13 K
Chuck is right but what he knows is right for Kelz should have happened 20 or 25 years ago but Chuck and people like Chuck didnt give a fu*k
+8   

4 weeks ago '13        #8
PyrexVisionary  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 36834 36 K  Slaps total: 4284 4 K
I love Chuck but he’s only saying that cause Kelly is Black and cause his daughter is not one of Kelly’s victims. Just like all those who were in support of Bill Cosby for raping mainly white women wouldnt be if he were a white comedian accused of raping mainly black women. However I do get white men aren’t held to this same kind of justice but you can’t wait till a black celebrity whom you admire to get convicted for being a pedophile to talk about prison not being a place for rehabilitation when this problem has existed forever.
+16   

4 weeks ago '15        #9
ric ado 
Props total: 1931 1 K  Slaps total: 278 278
Yeah cause them dudes was doing this the same in the 70s and 80s,and if they weren't they knew dudes who were doing it and turned the blind eye
+5   

4 weeks ago '16        #10
Boogie1790  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 59541 59 K  Slaps total: 9429 9 K
 PyrexVisionary said
I love Chuck but he’s only saying that cause Kelly is Black and cause his daughter is not one of Kelly’s victims. Just like all those who were in support of Bill Cosby for raping mainly white women wouldnt be if he were a white comedian accused of raping mainly black women. However I do get white men aren’t held to this same kind of justice but you can’t wait till a black celebrity whom you admire to get convicted for being a pedophile to talk about prison not being a place for rehabilitation when this problem has existed forever.
He didn't sell his daughter to R Kelly so he ain't gotta worry about that

Plus alot of the evidence was hearsay.

Last edited by Boogie1790; 09-28-2021 at 07:52 PM..
+10   

4 weeks ago '05        #11
JohnnyCage202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 82666 82 K  Slaps total: 3609 3 K
Life in prison is a hard pill to swallow because you couldn’t control your d*ck...

...but I don’t have an abundance of sympathy for him because he got away with it the first time, like bruh if you back up in here again for some mo freaky sh*t you KNOW they finna fry yo a*s.

Still gon listen to the music, but it’s music and it’s good...

...but I don’t feel like this is some “miscarriage of justice” - and I’m not even mad at him for the sh*t he did with consenting adult because those people made their choice to get down with him, but bruh all the kiddie sh*t is a tragedy and you gave em another chance to cook you.

You at the mercy of the court now and you did it all to yourself...

+18   

4 weeks ago '21        #12
Jus Honest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7534 7 K  Slaps total: 5349 5 K
R Kelly sold his soul to the devil now it’s his turn to cash in. He’ll be dead within a couple years. Dude ain’t built for prison

Dude should’ve kept making hits and bought himself some time

Illuminati n*ggas said you keep making hits or else you go to pay the piper

Only reason he went free last time is because he made ignition

Last edited by Jus Honest; 09-28-2021 at 07:54 PM..
+13   

4 weeks ago '16        #13
Stables08 
Props total: 18408 18 K  Slaps total: 4289 4 K
Who wrote this cap

entertainers and creatives in the Black community
All I see is clout chasers
+2   

4 weeks ago '17        #14
BX BlackBelt  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 39172 39 K  Slaps total: 16051 16 K
 strongthetruth said
Yea life is a bit of a stretch. I could understand a good 15-20. That’s about the most I’ve ever seen s*x crimes get.
Are you stupid or dumb

I swear n*ggas can never take accountability for sh*t

4 weeks ago '21        #15
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5839 5 K  Slaps total: 4694 4 K
Chuck D went to revolutionary to sambo fast

4 weeks ago '07        #16
 ric ado said
Yeah cause them dudes was doing this the same in the 70s and 80s,and if they weren't they knew dudes who were doing it and turned the blind eye
n*ggas are still doing it in 2021 as well. Nothing has changed. And by n*ggas I mean black women as well. White people too. For the right amount of money morals disappear.
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #17
SosaDaPlug 
Props total: 2096 2 K  Slaps total: 65 65
For the record…he was being tried for s*xual a*sault of a minor/pedo sh*t…that’s not racketeering…they railroaded him because it was convenient…there wasn’t a shred of physical evidence presented only testimonies from people tryna save their own neck. If it’s Racketeering, everyone who helped, including the girls parents should be indicted. RICO sh*t is for organized crime not statutory r*pe charges.
+15   

4 weeks ago '07        #18
 BX BlackBelt said
Are you stupid or dumb

I swear n*ggas can never take accountability for sh*t
Dummy I’ve done time with plenty of child molesters and rapists and none have had long sentences let alone a life sentence. A majority of them white. You a fu*kin’ square speaking on sh*t you have no clue about.

4 weeks ago '16        #19
Boogie1790  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 59541 59 K  Slaps total: 9429 9 K
 ric ado said
Brah u kno how many of these lil a*s girls dating grown men?

sh*t crazy when u think about it
+2   

4 weeks ago '21        #20
RonHarveyJr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 779 779  Slaps total: 126 126
Fucc R. Kelly
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #21
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 135206 135 K  Slaps total: 19076 19 K
All he ever wanted was to be a better man and he tried to keep it real with his homies
+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #22
Black Larry 
Props total: 15759 15 K  Slaps total: 1370 1 K
Damn life. I mean that gymnastics dude got over 1,000 years in jail. So maybe they're going harder on these type of crimes. Especially if they let you rock for a while.

+2   

4 weeks ago '20        #23
POWER RAPS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 23160 23 K  Slaps total: 1833 1 K
Oh sh*t he gonna get professor griffed now
+4   

4 weeks ago '08        #24
SlickJ101 
Props total: 16017 16 K  Slaps total: 3835 3 K
Chuck should be smarter than this
+10   

4 weeks ago '20        #25
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 21900 21 K  Slaps total: 1437 1 K
 xbossxplayax said
isnt it more about removal rather than reformation
Ideally I'd think it's supposed to be about reformation but I think the clause in the 13th Amendment is more of a factor in regards to that...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  19
Video inside Bill Maher pushes back on criticism of Chappelle: 'What the f--- was th..
76 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-23online now  12
Video inside 2 School Teachers Charged with Murd3r After Drunkenly Walking into Wron..
70 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  10
Starfield leak claims every planet is bigger than the entire Skyrim map
29 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  8
Article inside "BIG BOY PACKAGE" 20K Price tag for 800 credit score & more