Sony may be preparing to bring PS5 game streaming to PC and PS4 via PS Now, according to a

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 weeks ago '20        #1
732 page views
20 comments

5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x144
Props total: 80665 80 K  Slaps total: 16987 16 K
Sony may be preparing to bring PS5 game streaming to PC and PS4 via PS Now, according to a

Sony may be planning to add PlayStation 5 games to PlayStation Now, based on a new patent filed by the company.

Microsoft already lets PC and mobile players stream Xbox Series X/S games to their device using Xbox Cloud Gaming, and plans to let console owners do the same this winter.

This includes Xbox One players, meaning those on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate can actually play next-gen games on their last-gen system.

Now it appears that Sony may be shaping up to provide a similar service, according to a patent spotted by DualShockers.

The patent shows how Sony plans to group multiple high-speed NVMe SSDs together and store the same information on them, for the purposes of providing data at high speeds to a client device.

The description specifically uses games as an example, and explains how information can be sent to the user from multiple different SSDs to ensure stable performance if an SSD is overloaded or dies.

If Sony is planning a streaming network infrastructure that uses SSDs with similar speeds to that found in the PlayStation 5, then this opens up the possibility that PS5 games could be added to its PlayStation Now streaming service, which currently only offers games from past Sony consoles.

PlayStation Now’s software library includes over 700 PS2, PS3 and PS4 games streamable to PS5, PS4 or PC, and over 300 PS4 titles which can be downloaded and played on consoles.

Sony slashed PlayStation Now prices in October 2019 in a bid to be more competitive with rival streaming services. It also began adding “blockbuster” games each month, which are available for a limited time.

PlayStation Now had over 3.2 million subscribers as of April 2021, according to Sony – up from one million in October 2019.

Despite this, the service continues to lag behind Microsoft‘s Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which also offers a streaming service on top of its selection of downloadable games.

Xbox Game Pass hit over 18 million subscribers at the start of 2021, but Microsoft has not specified how many of these are Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions.

Microsoft previously said it intends to make “many” Xbox Series X/S games playable on the previous generation of hardware via cloud gaming.

“For the millions of people who play on Xbox One consoles today, we are looking forward to sharing more about how we will bring many of these next-gen games, such as Microsoft Flight Simulator, to your console through Xbox Cloud Gaming, just like we do with mobile devices, tablets, and browsers,” it said in June.

Last edited by 5ive04our; 09-28-2021 at 05:47 PM..
+7   

best
worst
20 comments

3 weeks ago '06        #2
LeMar G 
Props total: 78358 78 K  Slaps total: 8133 8 K
game streaming sucks
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #3
Krazie 
Props total: 42949 42 K  Slaps total: 6635 6 K
 LeMar G said
game streaming sucks
Not if you have good internet
+13   

3 weeks ago '21        #4
Waddup Doe 
Props total: 668 668  Slaps total: 90 90
But we've been told numerous times that Sony fans don't want this.
+3   

3 weeks ago '12        #5
BrooklynSwag 
Props total: 9891 9 K  Slaps total: 2263 2 K
 Waddup Doe said
But we've been told numerous times that Sony fans don't want this.
All of a sudden it will be the greatest thing since sliced bread
+7   

3 weeks ago '06        #6
LeMar G 
Props total: 78358 78 K  Slaps total: 8133 8 K
 Krazie said
Yes it still does

3 weeks ago '16        #7
Quinn 
Props total: 7316 7 K  Slaps total: 1704 1 K
more random W's for PC
+7   

3 weeks ago '18        #8
Raymon 
Props total: 3336 3 K  Slaps total: 188 188
 Krazie said
Do you have it or you a*suming? Asking cause I actually want to know if it's even worth it.

What's the point of using stadia if I can pc game normally? Are games cheaper or what.... And well how fast is your internet can you sreenshot a speed test to compare with mines...

3 weeks ago '14        #9
NewLegends  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18010 18 K  Slaps total: 2495 2 K
Ps Now sucks. And it will suck when they add Ps5 games because it won’t be the good ones. The good PS4 games were on Ps Now for like a month. They’re gonna add bullsh*t like Godfall
+1   

3 weeks ago '12        #10
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 183309 183 K  Slaps total: 10699 10 K
 Raymon said
Do you have it or you a*suming? Asking cause I actually want to know if it's even worth it.

What's the point of using stadia if I can pc game normally? Are games cheaper or what.... And well how fast is your internet can you sreenshot a speed test to compare with mines...
Stadia and GeforceNow are decent options for gamers with outdated hardware - but good internet connections since they can still play the newer titles at a good framerate/quality as long as their internet doesn't have issues or w/e

I got a 3090 in one system and a 2080 Super in the other so I have no need for it, but I did test both out last year and they were pretty good since I have really fast internet.

If I traveled a lot or had an old GPU I could see myself using it

Also some of the sports games on Stadia are the console "next gen versions"(Fifa and Nba 2K if I remember correctly), whereas on PC the FIFA and NBA 2K aren't using the "next gen" a*sets - could be wrong on that but i think thats the case(I didn't google lol)

But if you have a good system and you plan on running them directly from your hardware then I agree with you, there's no point for us
+3   

3 weeks ago '18        #11
Raymon 
Props total: 3336 3 K  Slaps total: 188 188
 OldBusiness said
Stadia and GeforceNow are decent options for gamers with outdated hardware - but good internet connections since they can still play the newer titles at a good framerate/quality as long as their internet doesn't have issues or w/e

I got a 3090 in one system and a 2080 Super in the other so I have no need for it, but I did test both out last year and they were pretty good since I have really fast internet.

If I traveled a lot or had an old GPU I could see myself using it

Also some of the sports games on Stadia are the console "next gen versions"(Fifa and Nba 2K if I remember correctly), whereas on PC the FIFA and NBA 2K aren't using the "next gen" a*sets - could be wrong on that but i think thats the case(I didn't google lol)

But if you have a good system and you plan on running them directly from your hardware then I agree with you, there's no point for us
That's fair, if traveling would be a thing it would be a huge reason to have for sure. Thanks for the input
+1   

3 weeks ago '12        #12
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5409 5 K  Slaps total: 783 783
 Krazie said
xcloud sucks no matter how good your net is. too much lag/latency.
stadia has the best tech atm with game streaming.
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #13
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 79738 79 K  Slaps total: 27829 27 K
They bout to cape for PSNOW
+1   

3 weeks ago '20        #14
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24973 24 K  Slaps total: 6108 6 K
about to show MS how it's done
+1   

3 weeks ago '07        #15
Itzike 
Props total: 2971 2 K  Slaps total: 204 204
Integrate it into ps plus and we got a winner.

On a serious note, why does ps now catch so much flack? Other than new games, the quality and quantity of games sh*t on gamepass.
+3   

3 weeks ago '19        #16
SlimKenobi 
Props total: 4261 4 K  Slaps total: 711 711
 Raymon said

I tried x cloud at home and on my work WiFi and both had pretty much zero input lag. Was even better on a wired connection. I have fiber tho. Not sure about the work strength but I also tried it on a spectrum 400mb connection and had pretty much the same results. It’s come a long way. This is coming from someone who’s been trying game streaming since onlive.
+4   

3 weeks ago '18        #17
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 42967 42 K  Slaps total: 6317 6 K
 LeMar G said
Yes it still does
No actually it doesn't

3 weeks ago '18        #18
Juliette DaBlok  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 42967 42 K  Slaps total: 6317 6 K
 D1dnt read said
about to show MS how it's done
Man ya flip flop game is crazy

You should've been a politician fr
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #19
Most Palone 
Props total: 22494 22 K  Slaps total: 1502 1 K
 Quinn said
more random W's for PC

3 weeks ago '04        #20
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2908 2 K  Slaps total: 592 592
Microsoft has pushed console gaming forward a lot since getting in the business

If it was up the japanese, we'd still be playing 720p offline games
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #21
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 79738 79 K  Slaps total: 27829 27 K
 Itzike said
Integrate it into ps plus and we got a winner.

On a serious note, why does ps now catch so much flack? Other than new games, the quality and quantity of games sh*t on gamepass.
Dumb internet narrative. Most people talking trash on PSNOW have never used it or haven’t since it first dropped lol
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+79online now  31
Remember how badly Coral used to put Mike The Miz in check on Real World??
244 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+160online now  24
Image(s) inside Finished my C8 Corvette Build
61 comments
20 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  23
Anyone order the Apple Watch 7?