For Antoine Fuqua And Denzel Washington, It's All About Trust

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+34  38
30 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

4 weeks ago '18        #1
431 page views
10 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x110
Props total: 135163 135 K  Slaps total: 5946 5 K
For Antoine Fuqua And Denzel Washington, It's All About Trust

"Antoine Fuqua and Denzel Washington want audiences to enjoy their movies with popcorn and a coke. It's as simple as that. The two first collaborated on "Training Day," and since then, they've kept a good thing going with the "Equalizer" films and "The Magnificent Seven." With talks underway for another "Equalizer" film, thank the Lord, that relationship will only continue to grow.

Washington remains one of the few movie stars that draw eyes to a big screen. Nobody else has his magnetism, and Fuqua captures it in all its glory, especially when the actor towers over bullies in "The Equalizer" films. It's a joy watching Washington dominate a room, and when he does, according to Fuqua, have popcorn and a coke ready. "I learned some of that from him, from D," Fuqua told /Film.*

"Yeah, he just said, 'Yeah, man, let's have some popcorn and coke and sit down and watch the rough cut.' He would sit and watch the rough cut by himself in the theater. When I show the rough cut, I'm nervous, like, 'All right, I'm going to show you the first cut...' He would go in the theater by himself, no one else around, and he would just get some popcorn and coke and watch the movie."

'It's Just Trust'

Washington is one of the trio of actors Fuqua has connected with over the years, including Ethan Hawke and the star of his latest film, "The Guilty," Jake Gyllenhaal. The filmmaker knows he's going to get the best out of them for one simple reason. "It's just trust," he said. "Denzel, Jake, Ethan and any of the guys, it's trust. Whatever they see in me I'm grateful and humbled by it because they trust me, and I trust them. But that's what the key element is, trust. They know I'm going to protect them. They're going to bring their A-game. And they know I'm going to take what they give me and go into my editing bay with my editor and I'm going to shape that. Without that you really don't have much, without that trust."

The trust runs deep enough that Fuqua doesn't need to tell those actors everything on his mind before cameras start to roll.

"They know I have a vision in my head. They know there's always some metaphor somewhere, I got something else I want to say. We don't talk about it. It comes out in interviews. Denzel will go, 'That's the movie you was making in your head?' I'm like, 'Yeah, man.' Same thing with Jake on 'The Guilty,' I'll see him sit there and go, 'Hmm,' like he didn't know, that sort of thing. So I told Jake, 'The Guilty,' I said, 'That's Dante's Inferno, he's dying.' That's what that journey is. So sometimes it comes out in these interviews because I have all my notes but we don't discuss everything sometimes."

When Fuqua and Washington, in particular, will reunite isn't confirmed just yet. However, when we told Fuqua we hope he makes at the very least seven more "Equalizer" films, he confirmed another sequel is in discussions. It can't get made soon enough.

Read More: visit this link https://www.slashfilm.com .. _campaign=clip
+3   

best
worst
10 comments

4 weeks ago '17        #2
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 74320 74 K  Slaps total: 5632 5 K
Don't really want another Equalizer film. But if they do it. Okay

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 weeks ago '17        #3
YAYO101 
Props total: 30955 30 K  Slaps total: 1781 1 K
MCU should give them Blue Marvel to work on together

Great actor/director duo though

Last edited by YAYO101; 09-28-2021 at 10:41 AM..
+2   

4 weeks ago '07        #4
varun313 
Props total: 4302 4 K  Slaps total: 531 531
Denzel best movie still gotta be training day for me by a long shot
+2   

4 weeks ago '17        #5
Pythagoras 
Props total: 42743 42 K  Slaps total: 8938 8 K
Black Excellence

4 weeks ago '20        #6
godhillie 
Props total: 2499 2 K  Slaps total: 457 457
 varun313 said
Denzel best movie still gotta be training day for me by a long shot
Dope pick.

Outta time and Book of eli are neck and neck for me right now.
+1   

4 weeks ago '07        #7
varun313 
Props total: 4302 4 K  Slaps total: 531 531
 godhillie said
Dope pick.

Yea sh*t b hard with a dude as dope as him

4 weeks ago '06        #8
swag-mchustle 
Props total: 6511 6 K  Slaps total: 262 262
 godhillie said
Dope pick.

can't go wrong with either of those...my most watched denzel movie is deja vu, i need to watch book of eli again it's been a min

4 weeks ago '20        #9
godhillie 
Props total: 2499 2 K  Slaps total: 457 457
 swag-mchustle said
can't go wrong with either of those...my most watched denzel movie is deja vu, i need to watch book of eli again it's been a min
Prime Paula Patton

4 weeks ago '04        #10
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 14978 14 K  Slaps total: 3313 3 K
training day was such a monument, nothing after that could hold a candle to it

still let the equalizer run if they playin it on tv tho

4 weeks ago '18        #11
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 39632 39 K  Slaps total: 5236 5 K
Malcolm X for me EZ
Had us running around the streets in them "X" hats, 90s sh*t
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  24
Video inside Bill Maher pushes back on criticism of Chappelle: 'What the f--- was th..
76 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-23online now  19
Video inside 2 School Teachers Charged with Murd3r After Drunkenly Walking into Wron..
70 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+19online now  10
Oct 24 - Alec Baldwin ignored the No. 1 rule of gun safety: Hollywood weapons ..
145 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+17online now  6
Starfield leak claims every planet is bigger than the entire Skyrim map
29 comments
1 day ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy