Nadella says Xbox used to be on the side of Microsoft and is now “much more central

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
31 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 weeks ago '21        #1
686 page views
10 comments

Starfield  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1638 1 K  Slaps total: 126 126
Nadella says Xbox used to be on the side of Microsoft and is now “much more central

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella says Xbox used to be on the side of Microsoft and is now “much more central, built on core cloud technologies”

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella was recently interviewed at Code Conference, an annual technology conference where the biggest names in the industry gather to discuss everything “tech”.

During the interview, Satya Nadella commented on Xbox and reaffirmed its position within Microsoft. Nilay Patel, editor in chief at The Verge, posted the complete quote on Twitter. Nadella says during the interview that “Xbox was part of Microsoft but it was out on the side, and now it’s much more central, built on core cloud technologies”.

This quote stands to reaffirm what has already been stated previously by leadership at Microsoft. Xbox is a core pillar in the Microsoft strategy. That has been proven with the heavy investment in cloud technology, financial investment in acquisitions, and a commitment to growing Xbox Game Pass. If you weren’t convinced already, this latest quote by Satya Nadella is further proof that Microsoft is all in on gaming.
+4   

best
worst
10 comments

3 weeks ago '08        #2
BRonin357 
Props total: 4233 4 K  Slaps total: 467 467
Sataya is a big reason Phil was able to get gamepass and series X doing better this gen. It may still not be as big a seller or household name as PS, but it will damn sure make bulls start thinking about picking up gamepass, xCloud, or a series console once they start rolling more games out this holiday and in the future.

The competition is great for the industry, I just wish more of the fanboyism would cease and people just enjoy the games and services they competing to give us.
+4   

3 weeks ago '11        #3
Blokka Blokka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 21750 21 K  Slaps total: 4646 4 K
Where them dumbasses who said Microsoft would drop Xbox

+8   

3 weeks ago '04        #4
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2898 2 K  Slaps total: 583 583
Part of the reason that MS has been playing so nice in the gaming industry is because the mothership part of MS sees Sony, Nintendo, EA, Take 2 etc etc as potential huge customers for networking/cloud services.

These companies are likely to go to MS to use Azure to upgrade their networks/cloud services since they already know how to set up stuff for gaming and game development...I think I saw an article saying Sony already has.
+4   

3 weeks ago '20        #5
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24921 24 K  Slaps total: 6102 6 K
 Blokka Blokka said

right here bi*ch

3 weeks ago '20        #6
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x144
Props total: 80569 80 K  Slaps total: 16984 16 K
 Blokka Blokka said

+1   

3 weeks ago '20        #7
Keep God First 
Props total: 12431 12 K  Slaps total: 11244 11 K
Make Xbox great again

Ain’t had a good system since the 360

3 weeks ago '06        #8
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 118125 118 K  Slaps total: 5385 5 K
 Liquid-Science said
Part of the reason that MS has been playing so nice in the gaming industry is because the mothership part of MS sees Sony, Nintendo, EA, Take 2 etc etc as potential huge customers for networking/cloud services.

These companies are likely to go to MS to use Azure to upgrade their networks/cloud services since they already know how to set up stuff for gaming and game development...I think I saw an article saying Sony already has.
^^this too

2 weeks ago '18        #9
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 58581 58 K  Slaps total: 20068 20 K
 Liquid-Science said

Checkmate

2 weeks ago '17        #10
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 79506 79 K  Slaps total: 27697 27 K
Someone needs to tell Microsoft to let go of the Xbox brand tbh. Just make games and do dope sh*t for PC gaming.

The Xbox branding hurts the gaming division at this point. Just be like what Sega became (with as good of an effort on developing games as they can possibly have.

Xbox consoles are a waste of all our time at this point. All we need is PS/Nintendo/PC/Oculus

2 weeks ago '17        #11
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 79506 79 K  Slaps total: 27697 27 K
Just my 2 cents btw. I don’t need the reminder that my intelligence causes you guys to hate me or whatever, so please don’t quote me

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  20
Video inside HALLOWEEN k*llS (2021) | US Premiere
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+309online now  14
Video inside My Man Can't Be a Security Guard No More After This....
181 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  12
Article inside Men Are Now More Likely to Be Single Than Women.
192 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+33online now  10
Ted Sarandos: Dave Chappelle 'Content Doesn’t Directly Translate to Real-World..
65 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy