NBA Legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Calls For Unvaccinated Players To Be Removed From Teams

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
115 replies  @guap

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

Do You Agree That Unvaccinated NBA Players Should Be Removed From Teams?
No, I don't agree with it. (Why?) 108 68.35%
Yes, I agree with it. (Why?) 50 31.65%
Voters: 158.   (BX member poll)

3 weeks ago '07        #1
2217 page views
65 comments

Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x115
Props total: 243591 243 K  Slaps total: 21743 21 K
NBA Legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Calls For Unvaccinated Players To Be Removed From Teams

(CNN) If NBA players are not vaccinated, they shouldn't be on the team, basketball Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar told Rolling Stone.

"The NBA should insist that all players and staff are vaccinated or remove them from the team," said Abdul-Jabbar.

"There is no room for players who are willing to risk the health and lives of their teammates, the staff and the fans simply because they are unable to grasp the seriousness of the situation or do the necessary research."
Abdul-Jabbar has been a vocal advocate for getting the Covid-19 vaccine. The NBA great received his vaccine on camera and appeared in an NBA public service announcement encouraging others to get vaccinated.

The NBA does not require players to be vaccinated against Covid-19 to play. However, referees and other staff who work closely with players are required to be fully vaccinated.

New York City and San Francisco changed the game in August when they required that NBA players on their home teams be vaccinated. That could mean that stars of NBA teams in those cities would not be able to play, unless they are medically or religiously exempted.

Brooklyn Nets point guard Kyrie Irving wasn't physically present with his teammates at the Nets annual media day on Monday. But Irving took a question on the issue remotely.

Irving did not disclose his vaccination status -- nor did he say if he expected to be vaccinated or compliant by the time the Nets return home following their preseason game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday. He said he wants "to keep that stuff private."

"I'm a human being first," Irving said. "Obviously living in this public sphere, it's just a lot of questions about what's going on in the world of Kyrie and I think I just would love to just keep that private and handle it the right way, with my team and go forward together with the plan."
Abdul-Jabbar called out vaccine deniers in the Rolling Stone article.

"What I find especially disingenuous about the vaccine deniers is their arrogance at disbelieving immunology and other medical experts," he told Rolling Stone.

"Yet, if their child was sick or they themselves needed emergency medical treatment, how quickly would they do exactly what those same experts told them to do?"
While vaccine hesitancy is shrinking, there are parts of the population who are still more hesitant than others.

Black Americans are the least vaccinated demographic group, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which estimated in August that 25% of the Black population in the US was fully vaccinated.

Of the US population that is fully vaccinated, only 9% are Black. However, this data is incomplete -- the CDC reports that race and ethnicity data is available for only 68% of people who are fully vaccinated.

Abdul-Jabbar has spoken about the importance of reaching out to those who are vaccine hesitant, especially those in the minority community.

"We have to gain the trust of minority communities by showing them that the vaccine is effective and that it's in their best interest to take the vaccine," Abdul-Jabbar told CNN's Chris Cuomo in March. "The problem in times past was that no one wanted to give them the latest treatment."
He referred to the Tuskegee experiment, when researchers unethically withheld treatment for Black men who had syphilis between 1932 and 1972, letting the disease progress.

Abdul-Jabbar said athletes and celebrities may be able to help those who are vaccine hesitant.

"A lot of people in minority communities respect athletes that go out there and take their word on things of this nature," he told CNN in March. "Anytime that that happens it's making it possible for more people to get the vaccination that they need and help us beat this Covid-19 thing down."

visit this link https://www.cnn.com/2021/ .. rnd/index.html
+5   

best
worst
65 comments

3 weeks ago '05        #2
POSITIVITY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 100929 100 K  Slaps total: 60712 60 K
I agree with the legend

3 weeks ago '07        #3
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x115 OP
Props total: 243591 243 K  Slaps total: 21743 21 K
 POSITIVITY said
I agree with the legend
Did you vote in the poll?

3 weeks ago '19        #4
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 31245 31 K  Slaps total: 22401 22 K
They're not going to do that.
+11   

3 weeks ago '13        #5
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 102593 102 K  Slaps total: 41888 41 K
Old man is senile

+19   

3 weeks ago '18        #6
back1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 10815 10 K  Slaps total: 4342 4 K
The thing with antivaxers of any kind is that they NEVER show up with any receipts. They only speak in generalities with no specifics to back up their logic. Know why?

Because they don't have any ammo to back it up and its not logical. They tap dance everytime they are asked to give hard numbers or any real expert analysis proving their stance.

I'm not saying every pro vaxxer has it, but they know who does because it exists. Watching anti vaxers do their dance is the same as watching Trumpers say the election was rigged knowing there was zero evidence that it was rigged on any large scale.

Of course there are random vaccine side effects. But there is zero evidence of some wide scale issues, and there is waayy more evidence showing that it has a significant efficacy.

idiots.

3 weeks ago '16        #7
MILLY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19465 19 K  Slaps total: 6121 6 K
Sit yo old a*s down
+15   

3 weeks ago '17        #8
DonC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 32067 32 K  Slaps total: 17171 17 K
Talk ya sh*t ol man....

3 weeks ago '10        #9
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 87644 87 K  Slaps total: 19354 19 K
Are the vaccinated players being tested daily in the NBA?
+11   

3 weeks ago '07        #10
strongthetruth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 30289 30 K  Slaps total: 7454 7 K
I’m not for or against the vaccine but Kareem just old and scary. Fragile af.
+16   

3 weeks ago '07        #11
Bkjj11  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x87
Props total: 169778 169 K  Slaps total: 28664 28 K
I agree. fu*k them, let them go be 6 foot 8 in a van with newspapers on the windows outside area 51.

Clowns

3 weeks ago '06        #12
philly337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 51360 51 K  Slaps total: 14788 14 K
If the vaccine protects against the virus and thats the entire point why are they so gung ho on the unvaccinated? It shouldn't impact them to a large extent because the vaccine is so effective right?

So they're worried about the unvaccinated players that much and want to protect them?

Or like kareem saying...they feel the vaccine won't protect them against the virus?
+18   

3 weeks ago '19        #13
Mental Illness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 42762 42 K  Slaps total: 29674 29 K
Kareem has been compromised
+25   

3 weeks ago '11        #14
PotheadFocker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 30822 30 K  Slaps total: 3577 3 K
 philly337 said
If the vaccine protects against the virus and thats the entire point why are they so gung ho on the unvaccinated? It shouldn't impact them to a large extent because the vaccine is so effective right?

So they're worried about the unvaccinated players that much and want to protect them?

Or like kareem saying...they feel the vaccine won't protect them against the virus?
You could ask questions in an endless circle sure.

Or you could sack up and get your shots to try and help end the public health crisis.

3 weeks ago '20        #15
UncleSpo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 16778 16 K  Slaps total: 7174 7 K
 back1 said
The thing with antivaxers of any kind is that they NEVER show up with any receipts. They only speak in generalities with no specifics to back up their logic. Know why?

Because they don't have any ammo to back it up and its not logical. They tap dance everytime they are asked to give hard numbers or any real expert analysis proving their stance.

I'm not saying every pro vaxxer has it, but they know who does because it exists. Watching anti vaxers do their dance is the same as watching Trumpers say the election was rigged knowing there was zero evidence that it was rigged on any large scale.

Of course there are random vaccine side effects. But there is zero evidence of some wide scale issues, and there is waayy more evidence showing that it has a significant efficacy.

idiots.
Facts is covid has a 97 % survival rate

So we not taking the vax

+10   

3 weeks ago '06        #16
 PotheadFocker said
You could ask questions in an endless circle sure.

Or you could sack up and get your shots to try and help end the public health crisis.
Thats not what I asked for one. If the vaccines protect against contracting and severity of illness (aka get the vaccine and youre safe...exactly what youre saying ironically) why does the unvaccinated matter? Just let them get sick? Pretty obvious they don't care about the unvaxxed wellbeing and thats not the reason...

So they're worried about the unvaxxed getting the vaxxed deathly sick...

So which is it? Take the vaccine, it works and youre safe...

Or it doesn't work and you gotta duck the unvaxxed because theyre going to k*ll you if you catch the virus?

Lastly the vax will not end the virus. If it could we could do it with the cold (which is also a coronavirus). It will continue to mutate to new variants and strains (and hopefully weaken) but its not going anywhere....and once the antibodies wear off if the virus is still strong enough to k*ll then you'll continue needing boosters
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '11        #17
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 26821 26 K  Slaps total: 3844 3 K
the jabbed are still scared? got damn
+6   

3 weeks ago '11        #18
PotheadFocker  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 30822 30 K  Slaps total: 3577 3 K
 philly337 said
Thats not what I asked for one. If the vaccines protect against contracting and severity of illness (aka get the vaccine and youre safe...exactly what youre saying ironically) why does the unvaccinated matter? Just let them get sick? Pretty obvious they don't care about the unvaxxed wellbeing and thats not the reason...

So they're worried about the unvaxxed getting the vaxxed deathly sick...

So which is it? Take the vaccine, it works and youre safe...

Or it doesn't work and you gotta duck the unvaxxed because theyre going to k*ll you if you catch the virus?

Lastly the vax will not end the virus. If it could we could do it with the cold (which is also a coronavirus). It will continue to mutate to new variants and strains (and hopefully weaken) but its not going anywhere....and once the antibodies wear off if the virus is still strong enough to k*ll then you'll continue needing boosters
You are just having the whole vax argument right here in the thread lol. Not gonna happen on my end.

The weird part about it is I could have swore we interacted about this in the news section and you were getting the shot. Right around the time I got mine. Must have been a different old school bxsc poster

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '21        #19
outstanding  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x43
Props total: 21435 21 K  Slaps total: 20072 20 K
Get vaxed clowns .

3 weeks ago '04        #20
jumpman2304  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13911 13 K  Slaps total: 2075 2 K
 THEDONN said
Old man is senile

Dude needs to gtfoh

Ainít no one listening to that Kareem
+9   

3 weeks ago '18        #21
Idgafth0 
Props total: 8035 8 K  Slaps total: 1714 1 K
Old people say some dumbass ignorant sh*t
+9   

3 weeks ago '06        #22
 PotheadFocker said
You are just having the whole vax argument right here in the thread lol. Not gonna happen on my end.

The weird part about it is I could have swore we interacted about this in the news section and you were getting the shot. Right around the time I got mine. Must have been a different old school bxsc poster
I was

Nowhere did I say anything negative about the vaccine.

I'm asking a simple question because it doesn't make sense why they're forcing the vaccine on people. Theres only three reasons to do it...

1. Protect the unvaxxed and get them vaxxed - this make no sense because they wish death on them and if somebody wants to take a risk with their own life that's on them.

2. Protect the vaxxed from the unvaxxed - this doesn't make sense if the vaccine is as effective as they claim. Thats the whole point of getting vaccinated.

3. Some unknown reason - if the vax works like they say and its not protect the vaccinated why are they so hard pressed to mandate this and make it almost impossible to live in society without falling inline?
+6   

3 weeks ago '13        #23
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14259 14 K  Slaps total: 4904 4 K
It's not a hard concept
Get vaccinated if you want to
If you dont just be safe
If you had covid you dont need the vaccine
+7   

3 weeks ago '14        #24
215Philly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 84048 84 K  Slaps total: 28317 28 K
Now watch idiots disrespect 1 of our legends
+9   

3 weeks ago '17        #25
Speedy ClapSon 
Props total: 24102 24 K  Slaps total: 7971 7 K
Hes treating the unvaxxed like the whites wanted to treat him when he converted to Islam

+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+137online now  18
These Historical figures brought so much joy to the black community
336 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+44online now  15
Image(s) inside For the BMF watchers on BX , Apparently "Lamar" Is based on OG Layton ..
56 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+22online now  10
Image(s) inside Oct 15 - "Mixing" Covid-19 Vaccines Raises Antibodies, Study Finds
62 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+23online now  8
Video inside J Prince sends out another threat, I mean message again....
124 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy