Sep 27 - Carjacking cases skyrocket in NYC

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+24  133
108 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '05        #1
364 page views
16 comments

bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 11091 11 K  Slaps total: 3087 3 K
Sep 27 - Carjacking cases skyrocket in NYC

Carjacking cases skyrocket in NYC

With more New Yorkers back behind the wheel, carjackers are putting the pedal to the metal.

The number of carjackings as of Sept. 19 are up 81 percent, with 324 reported so far this year, compared to 179 in the same 2020 timeframe. The number is a whopping 277 percent spike from 2019, when NYPD data showed just 86 such incidents.

A recent carjacking caught on video shows just how violent such incidents can be.

A man behind the wheel of a BMW 328i, which can retail for well north of $30,000, was yanked out of his ride and punched twice in the face by a gang of motorcycle-riding robbers at gunpoint on Sept. 12 in Inwood, cops said.

The chilling 2:30 a.m. heist, on Riverside Drive near Henshaw Street, left the driver, 23, with a broken nose. The gang took off with his luxe car and his necklace, police said.

The carjackers don’t just prey on pricey wheels.

On the night of March 29, car bandits descended on a 26-year-old driving a 2010 Honda on a busy Brooklyn street, according to cops and surveillance video.

Two thieves approached the driver as he sat in the parked car in Clinton Hill, asked for the time then flashed a knife and ordered the motorist and a pal out. Once they did, two other vehicle vultures emerged and all four took off in the stolen vehicle, cops said.

In June, a pair of Hell’s Kitchen carjackers drove off in an SUV with two women inside — and dragged another woman who was standing outside the car for several feet. The three women, all in their 30s, had left a silver 2013 GMC Acadia parked but still running at 10th Avenue and West 42nd Street around 11:25 p.m. June 16, cops said.

And in an episode out of a parent’s worst nightmare, a man from New Hampshire was charged with stealing a car with a 2-year-old girl inside in Brooklyn. Tyler Hall, 33, was hit with a slew of charges in the harrowing July 2 incident, including robbery, vehicular a*sault, grand larceny, reckless endangerment, unauthorized use of a vehicle, unlawful imprisonment and acting in a manner injurious to a child. The girl was unharmed.

“It’s opportunists taking advantage of a low-risk high-reward crime with little or no consequences,” said Joseph Giacalone, an adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and a former NYPD sergeant.

The perpetrators know that the police can rarely chase and this emboldens them even more. If they are even caught, no bail. It’s a win-win for the bad guys,” he added.

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/0 .. ses-skyrocket/
+2   

best
worst
16 comments

3 weeks ago '16        #2
Jdummy08 
Props total: 109 109  Slaps total: 14 14
I wonder if they trying to get them chips for repairs.

3 weeks ago '15        #3
lil thou wow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23513 23 K  Slaps total: 3470 3 K
Parts cars are expensive parts are taking forever

sh*t turning to the 90s again smh
+4   

3 weeks ago '04        #4
illsoul440 
Props total: 3810 3 K  Slaps total: 1141 1 K
So being that alot of west coast sets have been established in ny. And alot of OG west coast blood n crips have stamped their flag in nyc... is it possible that these youngs kids are doing that west coast gang bang sh*t all over again today based on what they ogs r telling them they did in their prime

3 weeks ago '20        #5
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 21362 21 K  Slaps total: 1410 1 K
 illsoul440 said
So being that alot of west coast sets have been established in ny. And alot of OG west coast blood n crips have stamped their flag in nyc... is it possible that these youngs kids are doing that west coast gang bang sh*t all over again today based on what they ogs r telling them they did in their prime
Nah, I wouldn't look that deep into it. Times are getting harder so sh*t's getting worse all over, gang or no gang...

edit: Some parts of NYC were really bad before the west coast gang culture had its presence here; times were bad then and it's getting back to those times due to current circumstances.

Last edited by LordGimmeASign; 09-28-2021 at 04:51 AM..
+3   

3 weeks ago '11        #6
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 27346 27 K  Slaps total: 3875 3 K
Folks prolly getting car jacked by Nurses and Teachers these days
+4   

3 weeks ago '20        #7
LordGimmeASign 
 Tony Franks said
Folks prolly getting car jacked by Nurses and Teachers these days
I'm probably more likely to get scammed by a nurse or a teacher versus getting carjacked by one.

I know that there were threads made on many nurses and teachers willing to do risky business while putting their careers in jeopardy but I highly doubt they'd go the New Jersey Drive route to risk their careers.

3 weeks ago '11        #8
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 27346 27 K  Slaps total: 3875 3 K
 LordGimmeASign said
I'm probably more likely to get scammed by a nurse or a teacher versus getting carjacked by one.

I know that there were threads made on many nurses and teachers willing to do risky business while putting their careers in jeopardy but I highly doubt they'd go the New Jersey Drive route to risk their careers.
it was a joke man. Folks dont start robbing before they lose their jobs lol
+2   

3 weeks ago '20        #9
LordGimmeASign 
 Tony Franks said
it was a joke man. Folks dont start robbing before they lose their jobs lol
My bad bruh lol.
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #10
Coffee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 48061 48 K  Slaps total: 9917 9 K

How do you steal a car Manhattan?!

the traffic so fu*king terrible.

You jack a n*ggah or break in then sit in traffic for forty minutes and ain’t crossed a bridge yet.

I’m getting my sh*t back bro, running you down at the light with the Saturday Night Special on the side window like
+2   

3 weeks ago '07        #11
young mad 
Props total: 25385 25 K  Slaps total: 1371 1 K
 illsoul440 said
NYC has always been a bastion for criminal activities from before there was even a West Coast anything. The underworld economy pushes the city just like the legal operations.
+3   

3 weeks ago '07        #12
young mad 
Props total: 25385 25 K  Slaps total: 1371 1 K
 Coffee said

How do you steal a car Manhattan?!

the traffic so fu*king terrible.

You jack a n*ggah or break in then sit in traffic for forty minutes and ain’t crossed a bridge yet.

I’m getting my sh*t back bro, running you down at the light with the Saturday Night Special on the side window like
Lol only bridge they crossing is the one to Marble Hill..these cats stealing cars from Dyckman and the rest of Uptown. Running red lights all type of sh*t
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #13
lil thou wow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23513 23 K  Slaps total: 3470 3 K
 lil thou wow said
Parts cars are expensive parts are taking forever

sh*t turning to the 90s again smh
Blame car youtubers and car flippers though

3 weeks ago '04        #14
young_fletch 
Props total: 3706 3 K  Slaps total: 623 623
The NY Post is the worst. At the start of summer the "city was burning" when shooting were up compared to 2020 lock down numbers. Now all they can talk about is car jacking. As someone that live and run a business in "the hood" don't believe these cherry picked stats. Look at compstat for your self.

3 weeks ago '18        #15
MC Gusto 
Props total: 11481 11 K  Slaps total: 1192 1 K
Cameras everywhere in nyc
Modern cars have GPS
nowhere to park in NYC

3 weeks ago '20        #16
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39414 39 K  Slaps total: 7449 7 K
Streets are hungry , systemic racism has helped to create the problem

3 weeks ago '18        #17
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 67831 67 K  Slaps total: 5762 5 K
One thing I notice cops dont give a sh*t anymore. They dont want to do anything. We have issues with some rowdy bar that has issues every friday night theres f*ght throw up so the whole neighborhood got together one night. Literally 20-25 houses we all called the LAPD same night we were all a*sured they were sending a unit. Not one ever came.

They dont give a sh*t anymore.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  23
Image(s) inside Drop what you copping for the cold weather
35 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  23
Video inside Behind The Scenes Footage Shows Eddie Winslow Kissing & Grinding On Sid..
242 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-52online now  22
0nlyfans Model Breaks Down How They Can Still Be Wifey Material Even With Over..
51 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Stephen A Smith Thirsts Over Iggy Azalea's Appearance At The Knicks Vs ..
93 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy