Sep 27 - Seattle driving school instructor sold fake passing grades to thousands of people

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
45 replies  @games

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

3 weeks ago '08        #1
567 page views
10 comments

cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 45933 45 K  Slaps total: 2623 2 K
Sep 27 - Seattle driving school instructor sold fake passing grades to thousands of people

SEATTLE — New documents obtained by KING 5 reveal a Seattle driving school sold fake passing grades for hundreds of dollars to at least 2,000 applicants. In some cases, the fraudulent tests sold for thousands of dollars.

The details were described in a Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) audit report conducted by the agency's Transportation Services Fraud and Investigations Unit in May.

DOL auditors found the school's instructors sold the passing grades for as much as $2,000 to $4,000, according to the records, with the time frame of the alleged violations happening between 2017 to June 2021.

DOL investigators also found the school sold the passing grades to applicants who never took tests at all, and in some cases, did not know basic driving rules.

In the report, auditors described unnamed employee complaints who claimed "many of the examiners [redacted] passed are illiterate with no driving skills. This is unfair to every other WA state license holder and a potential threat to the road safety in WA," the report said.

Steve Wong, the former owner of the school on Rainier Ave S., voluntarily closed his business following the findings in the May to June audit, according to the DOL. The DOL said Wong no longer has a license to operate a driving school in the state.

The report included surveillance photos taken by the DOL that showed applicants walking in and out of the school. Their activity, however, did not match the reported test-taking times and dates that were submitted to the DOL by the school.

Digging further, DOL investigators found out a Washington State Trooper in Thurston County pulled over a driver in July 2019 for a lane change violation. Upon turning on lights and sirens and "multiple law enforcement officers" pursuing the driver for ten miles, the driver did not immediately stop, according to the report.

"The driver stated that [redacted] did not know what to do when a law enforcement officer used their emergency equipment. There is a distinct language barrier," the report said.

The driver was an applicant at Emerald City Driving School and was told to retake an exam and was reminded more than a year later in May this year.

Data from DOL's testing portal also indicated multiple people were provided passing test scores on days that no testing was provided.

In another instance on June 8, auditors found test examiners never left the building except to "drive away by themselves." The DOL test portal, however, showed four skills tests were conducted by Wong that day, according to the report.

Wong, the owner, also submitted to DOL a handwritten statement saying he charged $150 for knowledge tests, $400 for both knowledge and skills tests and that when the person paid, they "passed without taking a test."

The DOL also asked Wong for a list of who purchased the passing grades. Wong provided auditors at least 14 names, according to the report. It is unclear if DOL has contacted those names listed.

In the state of Washington, people under 18 who want a driver's license must take driver training classes before passing a knowledge and driving skills test.

Those over 18 can take classes if they want to but are required to pass the tests in order to get a license to drive.

People can take these tests at a DOL location or at privately operated driving schools, such as the now-defunct Emerald City Driving School.

visit this link https://www.king5.com/art .. 7-6c6d9d2427a1
+3   

best
worst
10 comments

3 weeks ago '20        #2
LuxG1 
Props total: 6120 6 K  Slaps total: 1482 1 K
Oooo let me act fake outraged grrrr im mad @ this man

3 weeks ago '04        #3
zone3cp 
Props total: 140046 140 K  Slaps total: 14988 14 K
This the dude? Ima chill…..Too easy.

+4   

3 weeks ago '18        #4
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 44511 44 K  Slaps total: 3779 3 K
2 to 4 racks??? fu*k them rich kids. My man got the blue tooth and all that, doing business, business. He ain't sh*t. Made half a mill off them mfers I ain't mad at him
+4   

3 weeks ago '08        #5
cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
Props total: 45933 45 K  Slaps total: 2623 2 K
 BrooklynDamien said
2 to 4 racks??? fu*k them rich kids. My man got the blue tooth and all that, doing business, business. He ain't sh*t. Made half a mill off them mfers I ain't mad at him
Out here bustin heads
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #6
Truthseeker007 
Props total: 3940 3 K  Slaps total: 605 605
They need to investigate these non driving a*s muhfukas and driving instructors out in Cali. The amount of non black or white people driving terribly is crazy. Most Hondas, Toyotas, Lexus and Mercedes Benz drivers are trash. I let them n*ggas get ahead of me, because its always some non skilled person pushing those cars with stock parts at high speeds, thinking they know what they're doing.

I almost got hit in a T position today because some dusty a*s n*gga sped through an intersection without stopping at the stop sign. Luckily I was driving slow enough to stop, but it still fu*ked my day up and had me ready to chase that n*gga down for almost impacting my life and totaling my car. I cant stand that shyt. I've been hit by a car twice and hospitalized once when I was young, so I despise people who dont take driving seriously.
+6   

3 weeks ago '04        #7
jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x47
Props total: 18451 18 K  Slaps total: 1970 1 K
 cohs said
SEATTLE New documents obtained by KING 5 reveal a Seattle driving school sold fake passing grades for hundreds of dollars to at least 2,000 applicants. In some cases, the fraudulent tests sold for thousands of dollars.

The details were described in a Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) audit report conducted by the agency's Transportation Services Fraud and Investigations Unit in May.

DOL auditors found the school's instructors sold the passing grades for as much as $2,000 to $4,000, according to the records, with the time frame of the alleged violations happening between 2017 to June 2021.

DOL investigators also found the school sold the passing grades to applicants who never took tests at all, and in some cases, did not know basic driving rules.

In the report, auditors described unnamed employee complaints who claimed "many of the examiners [redacted] passed are illiterate with no driving skills. This is unfair to every other WA state license holder and a potential threat to the road safety in WA," the report said.

Steve Wong, the former owner of the school on Rainier Ave S., voluntarily closed his business following the findings in the May to June audit, according to the DOL. The DOL said Wong no longer has a license to operate a driving school in the state.

The report included surveillance photos taken by the DOL that showed applicants walking in and out of the school. Their activity, however, did not match the reported test-taking times and dates that were submitted to the DOL by the school.

Digging further, DOL investigators found out a Washington State Trooper in Thurston County pulled over a driver in July 2019 for a lane change violation. Upon turning on lights and sirens and "multiple law enforcement officers" pursuing the driver for ten miles, the driver did not immediately stop, according to the report.

"The driver stated that [redacted] did not know what to do when a law enforcement officer used their emergency equipment. There is a distinct language barrier," the report said.

The driver was an applicant at Emerald City Driving School and was told to retake an exam and was reminded more than a year later in May this year.

Data from DOL's testing portal also indicated multiple people were provided passing test scores on days that no testing was provided.

In another instance on June 8, auditors found test examiners never left the building except to "drive away by themselves." The DOL test portal, however, showed four skills tests were conducted by Wong that day, according to the report.

Wong, the owner, also submitted to DOL a handwritten statement saying he charged $150 for knowledge tests, $400 for both knowledge and skills tests and that when the person paid, they "passed without taking a test."

The DOL also asked Wong for a list of who purchased the passing grades. Wong provided auditors at least 14 names, according to the report. It is unclear if DOL has contacted those names listed.

In the state of Washington, people under 18 who want a driver's license must take driver training classes before passing a knowledge and driving skills test.

Those over 18 can take classes if they want to but are required to pass the tests in order to get a license to drive.

People can take these tests at a DOL location or at privately operated driving schools, such as the now-defunct Emerald City Driving School.

This why they need to have Drivers Ed back in high schools along with home economics and classes like that.
+4   

3 weeks ago '16        #8
FlyinIron 
Props total: 40281 40 K  Slaps total: 3397 3 K

+1   

3 weeks ago '11        #9
Anti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 53963 53 K  Slaps total: 4102 4 K
I knew a bi*ch who k*lled her friend and was charged vehicular homicide I rode with her literally in a parking lot from Starbucks to my car…She drove very bad. Wide turns, fast, to be honest like a child or someone with special needs.
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #10
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35093 35 K  Slaps total: 4942 4 K
Wait

Did they dead a*s redact the gender of the person?
+3   

2 weeks ago '07        #11
joshdogg26  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25133 25 K  Slaps total: 2968 2 K
this probably happens everywhere, which is why everyone drives like a fu*king idiot.
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+298online now  26
Video inside My Man Can't Be a Security Guard No More After This....
175 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+98online now  26
Video inside When y'all both notice red flags!!
75 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+33online now  22
[Fat Loss] The 10 most Underrated foods for fat loss (and staying lean)
47 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-17online now  17
Video inside Didnt Know Rawls from The Wire was gay
102 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy