ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+57  99
107 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
+27  57
132 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news /page 2

4 weeks ago '05        #1
4498 page views
131 comments

bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 11050 11 K  Slaps total: 3086 3 K
City of the Walking Dead:’ Junkies shoot up in broad daylight in Midtown NYC

City of the Walking Dead:’ Junkies shoot up in broad daylight in Midtown NYC

Drug dealers appear to operate fearlessly on the block. A group of men, one of them sitting on a blue Citibike, gathered outside the A-C-E subway entrance on the northeast corner of Eighth and 35th, exchanging cash and other items as straphangers raced by them up and down the stairs.

Another deal went down as two men exchanged cash and small plastic bags on 36th Street.

The NYPD appears to have only a token presence. Two cops stood on Eighth Avenue between 35th and 36th, leaning up against a police van while staring into their phones, as illicit activities swirled around them.

But cops have been “effectively ordered” by city and state leaders to let junkies roam free, said Manny Gomez, a former NYPD sergeant and FBI special agent who now heads MG Security Services.

Another deal went down as two men exchanged cash and small plastic bags on 36th Street.

The NYPD appears to have only a token presence. Two cops stood on Eighth Avenue between 35th and 36th, leaning up against a police van while staring into their phones, as illicit activities swirled around them.

But cops have been “effectively ordered” by city and state leaders to let junkies roam free, said Manny Gomez, a former NYPD sergeant and FBI special agent who now heads MG Security Services.

Under state law, possessing needles or small amounts of heroin, or injecting drugs, are non-bail offenses. So even if arrested, addicts are usually right back on the street and unlikely to face prosecution.

Gomez says cops face needless personal risks, too, without the support of political leaders. These risks include the threat of being stabbed by emotionally disturbed, needle-wielding junkies, possibly infected with HIV, and the fact that NYC this year became the first municipality in the nation to end qualified immunity for cops.

If an arrest with a violent drug-addled person turns bad, Gomez said, the cop “could lose their pension, their job, their home or even their freedom. It’s just not worth it.”

As a result, “New York City has become the city of The Walking Dead,” said Michael Alcazar, an adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and former NYPD detective.

This is the worst this block has ever been,” the neighbor wrote in his social media post. “People live here, and despite reporting and pleading with the NYPD to patrol more down this block, they are not doing anything to try and catch these dealers.”

In the Midtown South Precinct, which covers the drug-ravaged area, crime is up 42 percent this year through Sept. 12 compared to the same period in 2020, NYPD data show. The crime wave includes a shocking rise in gun violence. Ten people have been hit with bullets so far this year compared to just one person at the same point last year.

The sobering scorecard also shows robberies have skyrocketed 182 percent this year (268) from 2020 (95); and felony a*saults have soared 163 percent (326 from 124). There have been two murders, compared to one last year.

The rampant use of hard drugs in the heart of Midtown comes as New York City is in the midst of a deadly opioid crisis that has been “terribly neglected” by the de Blasio administration and other leaders, said Luke Nasta, the executive director of Camelot Counseling, a longtime substance abuse treatment center on Staten Island.

He says the permissive approach by leaders here and across the nation of “coddling people who find themselves dependent on drugs and making more drugs (such as methadone) widely available to them,” coupled with an effort to handcuff law enforcement, has only served to “open up the flood gates of drug abuse, which is why overdose deaths are escalating and we see what we see on the streets.”

Nasta opened Camelot Counseling in 1976 and says the drug crisis has “never been as widespread or as visible as it is now.”

A “tidal wave” of synthetic methamphetamines and deadly fentanyl manufactured in Mexican labs and shipped to New York City has only exacerbated the opioid crisis, the Drug Enforcement Administration reported earlier this year.

The city suffered 1,446 overdose deaths in the first three quarters of 2020, the last period for which data is available, according to a report from the city Health Department, an increase of 38 percent of 2019 OD fatalities.

“This is a city problem. How has the city eroded this far so quickly?” asked Alcazar. “With lack of treatment and open use of drugs … The city has lost its focus.”

Meanwhile, a neighborhood normally filled with the buzz of tourists from around the globe passing between Penn Station and Times Square is the latest symbol of New York City’s descent into decay and disorder.

“It is absolutely critical that our elected officials take action immediately to remove these individuals from the streets and ensure the safety of all residents, employees and visitors as we work to rebuild New York City following the pandemic,” Blair said. “This change is long overdue.”

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/0 .. ht-in-midtown/

best
worst
131 comments

4 weeks ago '17        #2
Rich130  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 23359 23 K  Slaps total: 2369 2 K
That's Mid-Town where all those "grungy" homeless white out-of-state drug addicts "live" on the street. At night they sleep on the street in sleeping bags or tents around Madison Square Garden.

If you wanna see some real nasty sh*t go uptown to E. 125th & Lexington Ave or E149th and 3rd in the BX.

Last edited by Rich130; 09-25-2021 at 11:45 PM..
+68   

4 weeks ago '20        #3
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 21166 21 K  Slaps total: 1396 1 K
There's a methadone clinic in that area and nothing but dope head/pill head n*ggas by Madison Square/Penn Station...
+35   

4 weeks ago '20        #4
LordGimmeASign 
 Rich130 said
That's Mid-Town where all those "grungy" homeless white out-of-state drug addicts "live" on the street. At night they sleep on the street in sleeping bags or tents around Madison Square Garden.

If you wanna see some real nasty sh*t go uptown to E. 125th & Lexington Ave or E149th and 3rd in the BX.

Those two spots you named got nothing but zombies who still know where to find tunechi despite the city making it illegal...
+20   

4 weeks ago '17        #5
Rich130  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 23359 23 K  Slaps total: 2369 2 K
 LordGimmeASign said
Those two spots you named got nothing but zombies who still know where to find tunechi despite the city making it illegal...
+7   

4 weeks ago '08        #6
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 12804 12 K  Slaps total: 1762 1 K
I thought covid would k*ll them all? Aren't we in a pandemic that's k*lling humans daily? Oh I see, it doesn't harm the homeless?

+67   

4 weeks ago '13        #7
818digi 
Props total: 5145 5 K  Slaps total: 444 444
 J_Clarity13 said
I thought covid would k*ll them all? Aren't we in a pandemic that's k*lling humans daily? Oh I see, it doesn't harm the homeless?

Funny how that works, right.
+41   

4 weeks ago '15        #8
Kdub31 
Props total: 21396 21 K  Slaps total: 2075 2 K
Homeless heroin addicts aren’t a threat to public health but healthy people who want to eat at a restaurant without getting a vaccine are.

Last edited by Kdub31; 09-26-2021 at 12:23 AM..
+79   

4 weeks ago '19        #9
Stacksonem  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4337 4 K  Slaps total: 266 266
 Rich130 said

125th and Lex looks like the walking dead too. sh*t is legit scary sometimes getting out the train station. Gotta be on your P’s and Q’s in that area.
+20   

4 weeks ago '21        #10
FRAZZELDRIP 
Props total: 4991 4 K  Slaps total: 1757 1 K
Is page 2 like the coverup section? Like if it doesn't fit a certain narrative or makes a certain party starting with the letter D look bad it goes to page 2?
+6   

4 weeks ago '13        #11
jrockex 
Props total: 6763 6 K  Slaps total: 612 612
i see this kind of sh*t all the time when i go to work now, im not used to it

i guess its harmless to me for the most part but i hate dealing with it
they will pass out in the alley, or behind your car tire or some sh*t

and like this article, police are everywhere except for where these people are
+9   

4 weeks ago '14        #12
guccibandana 
Props total: 4863 4 K  Slaps total: 1123 1 K
 J_Clarity13 said

Who says it isnt?? When did homeless people ever make the news for death??

Bx logic is dumb af
+21   

4 weeks ago '20        #13
LordGimmeASign 
 FRAZZELDRIP said
Is page 2 like the coverup section? Like if it doesn't fit a certain narrative or makes a certain party starting with the letter D look bad it goes to page 2?
The NY Post I believe is owned by Rupert Murdoch so that tabloid is kinda composed with a bias of a certain party starting with the letter R...
+6   

4 weeks ago '20        #14
LordGimmeASign 
 jrockex said

Police are heavy in the areas listed in the OP but they just frankly don't gaf; they'll still make sure the meter maids out not missing a beat to clip a ticket however.
+3   

4 weeks ago '14        #15
breezeus313 
Props total: 10606 10 K  Slaps total: 635 635
nyc be worried about the wrong sh*t
+10   

4 weeks ago '14        #16
Mutant Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 47359 47 K  Slaps total: 31989 31 K
If you wanna see zombies, go to 3rd Ave and 149 st in the Bronx.

Or 125 by the 6th train.

Horrible looking people all drugged out
+10   

4 weeks ago '08        #17
J_Clarity13 
 guccibandana said
Who says it isnt?? When did homeless people ever make the news for death??

Bx logic is dumb af

4 weeks ago '11        #18
Joseph  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39295 39 K  Slaps total: 9055 9 K
 jrockex said

sh*t is ridiculous. In big cities you'll see police officers standing right at the entrance inside of a grocery store but they won't say a word to the homeless panhandlers asking customers for sh*t all day.
+8   

4 weeks ago '15        #19
lil titty slurp  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6968 6 K  Slaps total: 776 776

+23   

4 weeks ago '05        #20
DrDeath 
Props total: 16350 16 K  Slaps total: 1586 1 K
 J_Clarity13 said

Where's all the yammot f*g**t a*s agent a*s n*ggas to explain this?
+5   

4 weeks ago '08        #21
J_Clarity13 
 Drdeath said
Where's all the yammot f*g**t a*s agent a*s n*ggas to explain this?
Apparently it just doesn't hit the news like those fake stories about people in hospital beds begging for the vaccine daily

+10   

4 weeks ago '04        #22
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
Props total: 17028 17 K  Slaps total: 14598 14 K
People like @ @ @ are very dangerous. It's like they're purposely trying to destroy our society with their seemingly endless false narratives. From this point on I officially declare them as being domestic terrorists, and I'll be treating them as such moving forward.
+13   

4 weeks ago '21        #23
FRAZZELDRIP 
Props total: 4991 4 K  Slaps total: 1757 1 K
 LordGimmeASign said
The NY Post I believe is owned by Rupert Murdoch so that tabloid is kinda composed with a bias of a certain party starting with the letter R...
Junkies are in the fu*king street. What's the bias in that? Honestly anyone with a brain knows new york has been garbage under del Blasio and Cuomo.

Thanks for your response in basically agreeing that boxden isn't objective and that page 2 is y'all way of hiding articles that don't fit your narrative. And most of the time threads go to page 2 is cause someone bi*ches to a mod about it.
+2   

4 weeks ago '20        #24
LordGimmeASign 
 FRAZZELDRIP said
Junkies are in the fu*king street. What's the bias in that? Honestly anyone with a brain knows new york has been garbage under del Blasio and Cuomo.

Thanks for your response in basically agreeing that boxden isn't objective and that page 2 is y'all way of hiding articles that don't fit your narrative. And most of the time threads go to page 2 is cause someone bi*ches to a mod about it.
You're preaching to the choir bro and angry at the wrong individuals...

4 weeks ago '20        #25
DoubleUp 
Props total: 366 366  Slaps total: 55 55
No lie i got junkies passed out in the lobby and in the staircase of my building like this sh*t was the 80s I ain’t never seen it this bad in my hood
+14   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  20
MKBHD: Pixel 6/6 Pro Unboxing & First Look!
37 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
-44online now  17
Durk Scared AF right now… Sad to See
120 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Mam grooms God daughter then marries her once she turns legal
236 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+59online now  6
For my 9-5ers, what do you guys usually do after work?
192 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy