Sep 25 - LA port backup grows to record 62 ships as supply chain crunch worsens

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
120 replies  @guap

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

3 weeks ago '05        #1
4315 page views
87 comments

bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 11026 11 K  Slaps total: 3085 3 K
Sep 25 - LA port backup grows to record 62 ships as supply chain crunch worsens

LA port backup grows to record 62 ships as supply chain crunch worsens

Californiaís traffic jams are legendary, but this is one for the books.

A record 62 cargo ships are waiting to dock at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, and are stuck floating off the coast amid a serious supply chain crunch that could mean fewer toys under the Christmas tree this year.

The problem reflects a combination of growing cargo volumes, a labor shortage and COVID-related safety measures that slow the handling of each ship. About one-third of all imports into the U.S. pass through the ports each year.

The Port of Long Beach has broken monthly records for how much cargo has passed through for 12 of the last 13 months, with 32 percent more cargo processed this year than in 2020, according to the trade publication Supply Chain Dive. Backups at the port as cargo ships wait for berths have been common all year, and have only grown as the peak fall shipping season arrived.

Ships are also backing up at other ports around the country, Bloomberg reported, as it takes longer to move containers from ships to trains and trucks. A shortage of truck drivers to collect and drop off the 20- and 40-foot steel boxes is compounding the problem.

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/0 .. -chain-crunch/
+12   

best
worst
87 comments

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '11        #2
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 54129 54 K  Slaps total: 39545 39 K
That’s what they bi*ch a*s get, and the American government is to blame as well as its people, Americans entitlement to want highest wages for small simple work forced the corps to outsource everything. And the American government didn’t put in place measures to stop them and keep jobs and manufacturing at home. So COVID’s is not to blame.
+30   

3 weeks ago '16        #3
Teknicks 
Props total: 35311 35 K  Slaps total: 6304 6 K

Filmed this from Huntington Beach last night.. The homie from down south thought it was an island or something
+54   

3 weeks ago '08        #4
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 12804 12 K  Slaps total: 1762 1 K
 awww said
That’s what they bi*ch a*s get, and the American government is to blame as well as its people, Americans entitlement to want highest wages for small simple work forced the corps to outsource everything. And the American government didn’t put in place measures to stop them and keep jobs and manufacturing at home. So COVID’s is not to blame.
My guy everything is orchestrated right to the T. Not a conspiracy, it's the truth. The so called "woke" community knew this would happen way before it hit the fan. I've been saying it for months in advance to stock up just in case.

Edit: Next up market crash like you never seen before. Will people have a bite to eat? Will that k*ll more people than "covid"? I'll let y'all figure it out.

Last edited by J_Clarity13; 09-26-2021 at 12:02 AM..
+19   

3 weeks ago '04        #5
RETURNOFTHEKING 
Props total: 18242 18 K  Slaps total: 4102 4 K
 awww said
Thatís what they bi*ch a*s get, and the American government is to blame as well as its people, Americans entitlement to want highest wages for small simple work forced the corps to outsource everything. And the American government didnít put in place measures to stop them and keep jobs and manufacturing at home. So COVIDís is not to blame.
Lay off the weed
+25   

3 weeks ago '18        #6
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 58669 58 K  Slaps total: 20081 20 K
 RETURNOFTHEKING said
Lay off the weed
Aite broski homie just tried to tell u wat it was
+3   

3 weeks ago '18        #7
Turfaholic3 
Props total: 13294 13 K  Slaps total: 1969 1 K
I work for a corporation and these delays are kicking our a*s.
+22   

3 weeks ago '16        #8
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 43119 43 K  Slaps total: 4520 4 K
 awww said
Thatís what they bi*ch a*s get, and the American government is to blame as well as its people, Americans entitlement to want highest wages for small simple work forced the corps to outsource everything. And the American government didnít put in place measures to stop them and keep jobs and manufacturing at home. So COVIDís is not to blame.
Asking for a livable wage is not 'entitlement'.

Entitlement is making record profits but refusing to adequately compensate labor.
+72   

3 weeks ago '18        #9
Dsammy04 
Props total: 2588 2 K  Slaps total: 114 114
I work for the railroad major blockage for freight. It's literally not enough places for all this cargo. We have trains tied down all across the country because it's not enough infastruture to unload all of this in our yards. They recently start stacking these cargo containers 4 containers high on 2 of our longest tracks. I'm talking about 6000ft+. It's crazy how much bread is out here cuz they charging hella bread for storage each day.

Last edited by Dsammy04; 09-26-2021 at 12:17 AM..
+37   

3 weeks ago '16        #10
russisblack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 16140 16 K  Slaps total: 2514 2 K
That’s max . You can’t blame strictly COVID this sh*t

goes beyond that
+6   

3 weeks ago '08        #11
J_Clarity13 
 russisblack said
That’s max . You can’t blame strictly COVID this sh*t

goes beyond that
Yup it goes way beyond. Let me ask you this, but was it the excuse they needed? You bet it was. You know how you can tell? Vaccine passports / IDs being introduced, restrictions, lock downs, etc. All for "safety reasons". Study 9/11 and what happened right after that. Patriot Act was introduced right after "terrorists" scared the American public. Airports flooded with TSA. All for "safety reasons", It's all a chess game, but the sheep don't see it. Their minds are locked down by mental chains.

It's only going to get worse. The so called "woke" community gets a lot of sh*t, but they have been right.
+13   

3 weeks ago '05        #12
bx old head  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 42648 42 K  Slaps total: 3011 3 K
 00010111 said

Entitlement is making record profits but refusing to adequately compensate labor.
No point in responding to that fu*kin loser

He constantly talks out of his a*s and posts a bunch of opinionated garbage that has no basis. Just does it for hot takes and attention

+9   

3 weeks ago '15        #13
richmoneycash 
Props total: 23426 23 K  Slaps total: 1526 1 K
Might need to invest in shipping companies until this gets fixed. ZIM,DAC and ESEA

+11   

3 weeks ago '04        #14
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
Props total: 16967 16 K  Slaps total: 14570 14 K
 bobbysteels18 said
LA port backup grows to record 62 ships as supply chain crunch worsens

Californiaís traffic jams are legendary, but this is one for the books.

A record 62 cargo ships are waiting to dock at the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, and are stuck floating off the coast amid a serious supply chain crunch that could mean fewer toys under the Christmas tree this year.

The problem reflects a combination of growing cargo volumes, a labor shortage and COVID-related safety measures that slow the handling of each ship. About one-third of all imports into the U.S. pass through the ports each year.

The Port of Long Beach has broken monthly records for how much cargo has passed through for 12 of the last 13 months, with 32 percent more cargo processed this year than in 2020, according to the trade publication Supply Chain Dive. Backups at the port as cargo ships wait for berths have been common all year, and have only grown as the peak fall shipping season arrived.

Ships are also backing up at other ports around the country, Bloomberg reported, as it takes longer to move containers from ships to trains and trucks. A shortage of truck drivers to collect and drop off the 20- and 40-foot steel boxes is compounding the problem.

Joe Biden's America
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #15
Turfaholic3 
Props total: 13294 13 K  Slaps total: 1969 1 K
 russisblack said
Thatís max . You canít blame strictly COVID this sh*t

goes beyond that
Not true.

Too many people still eating off EDD and unemployment. Employers are short staffed which is creating a snowball affect.

3 weeks ago '04        #16
Veno da Don 
Props total: 23575 23 K  Slaps total: 2460 2 K
Nobody is running this country. But people are at the top watching it die.
+8   

3 weeks ago '08        #17
J_Clarity13 
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said
Joe Biden's America
This isn't about Joe Biden It's the people pulling the strings behind the curtain. It's way bigger than Joe Biden. Joe is just the puppet. Y'all should be able to the see pattern by now. Bush, Barack, Trump, and Joe. It's clear as day.

You can compare it to the music industry (Big Corporations) If you're marketable they can generate fake storylines to draw people in to listen to their artist which in the end generates more money for them. Social media has made this wide open, but people don't really care to see through the B.S.
+15   

3 weeks ago '20        #18
GunRack 
Props total: 10999 10 K  Slaps total: 881 881
 russisblack said
Thatís max . You canít blame strictly COVID this sh*t

goes beyond that
It didn't help matters. I

The trades and truck driving had been warning of an age issue for years now.

https://www.adp.com/spark/articles/2019/02/construction-grows-but-baby-boomers-retiring-leaves-gap.aspx

https://levinsonstefani.com/significant-risks-associated-with-shifting-age-demographics-in-the-trucking-industry/

^^articles from 2019 discussing the huge truck driving and construction age outs that were coming.

COVID just pushed that sh*t forward a few years since people saved so much money by staying home or keeping to themselves and received UI/PPP money in 2020 that early retirements or switching to part time schedules became doable.

It's great for millennials and gen x workers since we're receiving promotions easier and quicker and able to demand top pay, but the stress on the system is all fukked up.
+5   

3 weeks ago '21        #19
Fras 
Props total: 4196 4 K  Slaps total: 4043 4 K
This is a direct effect of Democrat policies in response to covid and has nothing much to do with the virus but the response to the virus.

I’ve been on here talking about this shipping problem for a few months now. It’s not going to get better for a while. A good chunk of my job actually includes bringing in 20 and 40 foot containers for the company I work for. Our prices in the last 6 months have gone from about $3k to bring in a 20 footer, to $15k to bring in a 20 footer. Which is an insane price and an insanely quick price increase. Going forward for price reasons, we’re now basically being forced to bring in 40footers at $17k so we can sort of keep the ability to make a profit and stay afloat as a company.

A few months ago we had a meeting with our FedEx rep, and she told us that Home Depot had like 4000 containers sitting, so they got pissed off at the delays and the prices of shipping, stopped using shipping companies and chartered their our container ships and bought their own docks. Which is fu*king insane. Props to them for doing that. But it’s almost unheard of.

I’ve been saying this. If you have young kids, buy Christmas gifts for them NOW. You’ll not only save money, but you’ll also be able still find some stuff. As Christmas gets closer, I predict we will see prices skyrocket and inventory be very low at most stores.
+6   

3 weeks ago '17        #20
Two 40 Shorty 
Props total: 23979 23 K  Slaps total: 4596 4 K
 J_Clarity13 said
My guy everything is orchestrated right to the T. Not a conspiracy, it's the truth. The so called "woke" community knew this would happen way before it hit the fan. I've been saying it for months in advance to stock up just in case.

Edit: Next up market crash like you never seen before. Will people have a bite to eat? Will that k*ll more people than "covid"? I'll let y'all figure it out.
Chicken spot down the street ran out of chicken last week and the bi*ch behind the counter told me some sh*t about them having shortages at their warehouse and they donít know when they will get more. I donít know if this has to with Ďthatí but sh*t about to get crazy!
+10   

3 weeks ago '17        #21
Two 40 Shorty 
Props total: 23979 23 K  Slaps total: 4596 4 K
 Fras said
This is a direct effect of Democrat policies in response to covid and has nothing much to do with the virus but the response to the virus.

Iíve been on here talking about this shipping problem for a few months now. Itís not going to get better for a while. A good chunk of my job actually includes bringing in 20 and 40 foot containers for the company I work for. Our prices in the last 6 months have gone from about $3k to bring in a 20 footer, to $15k to bring in a 20 footer. Which is an insane price and an insanely quick price increase. Going forward for price reasons, weíre now basically being forced to bring in 40footers at $17k so we can sort of keep the ability to make a profit and stay afloat as a company.

A few months ago we had a meeting with our FedEx rep, and she told us that Home Depot had like 4000 containers sitting, so they got pissed off at the delays and the prices of shipping, stopped using shipping companies and chartered their our container ships and bought their own docks. Which is fu*king insane. Props to them for doing that. But itís almost unheard of.

Iíve been saying this. If you have young kids, buy Christmas gifts for them NOW. Youíll not only save money, but youíll also be able still find some stuff. As Christmas gets closer, I predict we will see prices skyrocket and inventory be very low at most stores.
That last paragraph

Local news here been saying this since June but n*ggas ainít been listening
October 1st is this Friday
+6   

3 weeks ago '08        #22
J_Clarity13 
 Two 40 Shorty said
Chicken spot down the street ran out of chicken last week and the bi*ch behind the counter told me some sh*t about them having shortages at their warehouse and they donít know when they will get more. I donít know if this has to with Ďthatí but sh*t about to get crazy!
Get ready because it will. U.S. dollar will quickly lose it's value out of nowhere. They'll say I'm crazy, but watch it happen.
+9   

3 weeks ago '04        #23
Veno da Don 
 00010111 said

this But not having a plan is a recipe for disaster. It's like the whole country went on strike without consulting each other. Can't have a strike without a Union or else you are STILL at the mercy of the man. So many problems without enough solutions. We are in dark days.... And Covid (please let me say this and not have it taking the wrong way) has become a distraction, especially a political one. As long as people are solely focused on the virus, all the behind the scenes and even in your face detriment will take place without anyone being proactive or even caring enough to stop it.

And sadly Dems don't do Economics, they literally said we will worry about the inflation these Stimulus will cause "later"... Recession 2022 sadly.
+4   

3 weeks ago '04        #24
Veno da Don 
 Dsammy04 said
I work for the railroad major blockage for freight. It's literally not enough places for all this cargo. We have trains tied down all across the country because it's not enough infastruture to unload all of this in our yards. They recently start stacking these cargo containers 4 containers high on 2 of our longest tracks. I'm talking about 6000ft+. It's crazy how much bread is out here cuz they charging hella bread for storage each day.
Man i want you to break down what this means for me. So the inventory is ready to be shipped but no orders so it's all just backed up? Help me out bro I'm really trying to be prepared for this, got a family and this sh*t is about to get real imo.
+4   

3 weeks ago '07        #25
balla9969 
Props total: 2653 2 K  Slaps total: 388 388
 Teknicks said

Filmed this from Huntington Beach last night.. The homie from down south thought it was an island or something
Me and my wife was flying into long Beach and saw it 2 weeks ago authenticated time it was only 30 I believe its crazy. She works high up in the food industry and its about to get worse.
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+137online now  21
These Historical figures brought so much joy to the black community
336 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+44online now  15
Image(s) inside For the BMF watchers on BX , Apparently "Lamar" Is based on OG Layton ..
56 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+24online now  9
Video inside J Prince sends out another threat, I mean message again....
125 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+22online now  5
Image(s) inside Oct 15 - "Mixing" Covid-19 Vaccines Raises Antibodies, Study Finds
62 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy