Worst Black TV dad of all time?? Social media says Frank Mitchell aka Moesha's father.

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

4 weeks ago '20        #1
2951 page views
81 comments

MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 22259 22 K  Slaps total: 4194 4 K
Worst Black TV dad of all time?? Social media says Frank Mitchell aka Moesha's father.

TV Dads do not always get the best representation. Often times they are portrayed as dumb, clumsy, or mean (see: Peter Griffin, Al Bundy, Archie Bunker). The subject becomes more nuances when discussing black fathers on television. The pressure is always on to present black dads in the appropriate light as not to encourage stereotypes or bad role models. However, even when trying their best, TV does not always get it right. Recently Twitter users debated who are the world Black TV dads, and Moesha’s father is at the top of the list.

A few weeks ago, a Twitter user posted, “Who’s the worst Black TV dad of all time? I’m going Frank Mitchell all day every day.” The tweet quickly picked up traction, even getting reposted on The Shade Room. Again, people lit up the comments, both agreeing and also offering up their own candidates from work television dads.
One user took issues with actor Anthony Anderson and his Black-ish character. Claiming the father appears uninterested in the majority of his kids aside from the character Zoey. Another chimed in, saying that Anthony’s character Dre is closely modeled after him and call them both “annoying.” However, others defend him, claiming the character is just old school. “Though his insistence on the old ways can be a little misguided, his rigidity is for the betterment of his family.”

Over on Instagram, one person said, “Terry Cruz on Everybody Hates Chris ….Just because he is a clown in real life”. However, TV insider does list his Brooklyn Nine-Nine character Sgt. Terry Jeffords as one of their favorite TV Dads.

Will Smith’s father on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air popped up a few times as well. He famously came back in Will’s life on the show, only to leave without saying goodbye. The heartbreaking scene seems to go viral once a year.
Some shifted from sitcom dads to drama, pointing out the fathers on the series Power. Most specifically, 50 Cent’s character Kanan who took his own son’s life on the show. Others argue that the lead character Ghost is quite possibly the worst.

Frank Mitchell played by William Allen Young undoubtedly topped everyone’s lists. The TV dad was not so bad at the top of the series, with many defending his sternness in light of how “grown” Moesha was. Unfortunately, the 5th season decided to give him an edge, introducing Ray J as a runaway nephew that turns out to be a secret son he father during an affair before Moesha’s mom passed away. Heavy stuff for a sitcom starring America’s sweetheart.

Brandy’s TV brother Miles, played by Marcus Paulk, defended his TV, stating that the growing popularity of reality television led the network to believe they needed more drama. He also says that Brandy made them write her brother into the show, which resulted in the messy story line that derailed the program.

Frank was annoying as sh*t. And borderline abusive.

I hate social media BUT I agree with this. He irked the fu*k out of me.

Last edited by MrDarkCloud; 09-24-2021 at 09:04 PM..
+9   

best
worst
81 comments

4 weeks ago '17        #2
Speedy ClapSon 
Props total: 24172 24 K  Slaps total: 7994 7 K
Mr Drummond

4 weeks ago '04        #3
zone3cp 
Props total: 140578 140 K  Slaps total: 15030 15 K
Going with Ray for simping and saving thatsl*t of a mother on sister sister

+34   

4 weeks ago '04        #4
kniccalodeon 
Props total: 11408 11 K  Slaps total: 552 552
Dre from Black-ish is a top tier terrible father and person. Yeah it makes for jokes but if he was a real person, he’d be a fu*king a**hole.
+21   

4 weeks ago '05        #5
tokinjohn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 117879 117 K  Slaps total: 14451 14 K
This is the worst black mother

The most verbally abusive dad

+61   

4 weeks ago '04        #6
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 26319 26 K  Slaps total: 4056 4 K
 MrDarkCloud said

Frank was annoying as sh*t. And borderline abusive.

I hate social media BUT I agree with this. He irked the fu*k out of me.

How was he abusive...... he was strict but never saw one episode where he was verbally or physically abusive......... if so post something.

Last edited by marcchrome; 09-25-2021 at 12:45 AM..
+10   

4 weeks ago '12        #7
NYCBravado 
Props total: 3584 3 K  Slaps total: 474 474
He tried to stop his daughter who he knew was a Royal bi*ch from getting caught up. Moesha was a total bi*ch
+27   

4 weeks ago '20        #8
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
 marcchrome said
How was he abusive...... he was strict but never saw one episode where he was verbally or physically abusive......... if so post something.
He was self-righteous and overdramatic. A hypocrite and s*xist, as well. He verbally berated Moesha when she got that tattoo and told her she looked like a tramp. Threw a whole fit when he "thought" she had s*x just because he saw her coming from upstairs with Jeremy. It's like he was obsessed with controlling her chastity.

4 weeks ago '15        #9
Tully Blanchard 
Props total: 135925 135 K  Slaps total: 5582 5 K

+53   

4 weeks ago '17        #10
Badmon16 
Props total: 878 878  Slaps total: 112 112
Frank Gallagher from shameless easy, I know he's white but he had a black kid
+14   

4 weeks ago '17        #11
Badmon16 
Props total: 878 878  Slaps total: 112 112
 kniccalodeon said
Dre from Black-ish is a top tier terrible father and person. Yeah it makes for jokes but if he was a real person, he’d be a fu*king a**hole.
Black man from compton goes to college gets high paying job in corporate america, marries black doctor, stays away from drugs, takes care of his kids and parents but some dude on the internet thinks he's a terrible father.

I get that he's a bit preachy about race but that's a small character flaw compared to other fathers who literally pimp their wives and daughters.

+30   

4 weeks ago '14        #12
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 151874 151 K  Slaps total: 34924 34 K
Terry crews in everybody Hates Chris??

4 weeks ago '18        #13
Sick Flair 
Props total: 18544 18 K  Slaps total: 1347 1 K
Fed another, n*gga every morning. Raised Mo to be a respectable girl and Miles to be a good dude and didn't cheat on his fine-ass wife. How the fu*k is that bad?

Frank wasn't trying to raise a hoe so of course, they will see him as the enemy.

Last edited by Sick Flair; 09-25-2021 at 03:51 AM..
+46   

4 weeks ago '12        #14
Bravo Golf 
Props total: 11861 11 K  Slaps total: 762 762
I'm not too fond of Robert Townsend's character in The Parent 'Hood. All I remember is him daydreaming all the time LOL.
+22   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 weeks ago '21        #15
Aztec King 
Props total: 3752 3 K  Slaps total: 1068 1 K
 Badmon16 said
Black man from compton goes to college gets high paying job in corporate america, marries black doctor, stays away from drugs, takes care of his kids and parents but some dude on the internet thinks he's a terrible father.

I get that he's a bit preachy about race but that's a small character flaw compared to other fathers who literally pimp their wives and daughters.

OP is a Lizzo hogg or an EJ Johnson. Don't sweat it too much.
+1   

4 weeks ago '20        #16
 Aztec King said
OP is a Lizzo hogg or an EJ Johnson. Don't sweat it too much.
Are you retarded?

He wasn't even quoting me.
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 weeks ago '21        #17
Aztec King 
Props total: 3752 3 K  Slaps total: 1068 1 K
 MrDarkCloud said
Are you retarded?

He wasn't even quoting me.
You made a thread talking down on fathers. So I thought he quoted you. My bad playas fu*k up.

4 weeks ago '20        #18
 Aztec King said
You made a thread talking down on fathers. So I thought he quoted you. My bad playas fu*k up.

See. So quick to run in here and insult me and didn't even read.

+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #19
TROY 
Props total: 14187 14 K  Slaps total: 1015 1 K
So we gone act like will father in fresh Prince not the worst huh.
+27   

4 weeks ago '05        #20
freshtoodef 
Props total: 10625 10 K  Slaps total: 475 475
Was frank that bad or did all the other dads just outshine him I can’t think of too much nut sh*t frank did, except didn’t he have a kid outside his marriage I’m not sure
+3   

4 weeks ago '05        #21
freshtoodef 
Props total: 10625 10 K  Slaps total: 475 475
 Bravo Golf said
I'm not too fond of Robert Townsend's character in The Parent 'Hood. All I remember is him daydreaming all the time LOL.
he used to stay day dreaming his a*s was fried all day
+7   

4 weeks ago '12        #22
Bravo Golf 
Props total: 11861 11 K  Slaps total: 762 762
 TROY said
So we gone act like will father in fresh Prince not the worst huh.
Yeah, I would have whipped Uncle Lou's a*s if I was Will.
+6   

4 weeks ago '04        #23
Duntaz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 48607 48 K  Slaps total: 3010 3 K
 Bravo Golf said
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #24
tnice 
Props total: 19965 19 K  Slaps total: 739 739
 Tully Blanchard said

+24   

4 weeks ago '15        #25
Tully Blanchard 
Props total: 135925 135 K  Slaps total: 5582 5 K
 tnice said

You upped the ante
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Article inside Btc 100k++ coming
158 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-16online now  15
Wilder the African demigod really lost to this dude 3 times
91 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+33online now  14
Y'all Called It, Shuri is Definitely Not Black Panther Now
184 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+92online now  8
Video inside Boxden door dasher thought he had hit the jackpot when he thought girl ..
119 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy