Nelly music video tells us we are dumb and wasteful for buying Jordans!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

1 month ago '16        #1
3333 page views
66 comments

Keepit1million 
Props total: 5302 5 K  Slaps total: 1320 1 K
Nelly music video tells us we are dumb and wasteful for buying Jordans!!!!

Notice @ 1:14 the white guy on bike tells everyone that he just bought multiple houses on the block while everyone is so worried about their "Js".

Last edited by Keepit1million; 09-24-2021 at 08:48 PM..
+28   

best
worst
66 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
Keepit1million  OP
@. It's funny you slap when it's the truth. It's right there in the video. When he says "I own all the houses" JD comes in and says "he owns all the Js".
+7   

1 month ago '19        #3
Mental Illness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 43011 43 K  Slaps total: 29707 29 K
 Keepit1million said
@. It's funny you slap when it's the truth. It's right there in the video. When he says "I own all the houses" JD comes in and says "he owns all the Js".
Buying Jordan's isn't stopping anyone from buying houses

A pair Jordan's are $200, stop acting like Jordan's cost 6 figures

You gotta get your money up if you can't afford to buy Jordan's when you're saving up for a house

People love to hide their anti-Black racism behind "stop buying Jordan's"
+55   

1 month ago '06        #4
RESIDO 
Props total: 4863 4 K  Slaps total: 163 163
 Mental Illness said

You gotta get your money up if you can't afford to buy Jordan's when you're saving up for a house

Fam you can't tell these weirdos that really think you can't do both at the same time anything. This type of crap always finds it's way to the gear section.. lol
+27   

1 month ago '16        #5
Keepit1million  OP
 Mental Illness said

I'm talking about people buying 30 pairs a year 200 x 30. I'm not talking about people who have salary that can afford it. I'm talking about people that have nothing but debt getting fooled. Anti black? The sneaker community is every race. Black people is small compared to other races that are sneakerheads. The hype beast are always white, and Asian. You are taking offense to something that obviously doesn't personally target you. There is people buying every shoe to build a collection and living in a old home that could buy a home and rent it out and make money. You're telling me that every pair is cut and dry 200$? Even if so a room of 350 total sneakers could be making money. This whole everything is about race bullsh*t is getting over done. Also I'm black so how can I be anti black?

Last edited by Keepit1million; 09-25-2021 at 12:10 PM..
+5   

1 month ago '16        #6
BXcellent 
Props total: 9259 9 K  Slaps total: 466 466
The music video was just an ode to Do the Right Thing..

Ain’t that serious, enjoy the mursic.
+33   

1 month ago '19        #7
Mental Illness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 43011 43 K  Slaps total: 29707 29 K
 Keepit1million said
I'm talking about people buying 30 pairs a year 200 x 30. I'm not talking about people who have salary that can afford it. I'm talking about people that have nothing but debt getting fooled. Anti black? The sneaker community is every race. Black people is small compared to other races that are sneakerheads. The hype beast are always white, and Asian. You are taking offense to something that obviously doesn't personally target you. There is people buying every shoe to build a collection and living in a old home that could buy a home and rent it out and make money. You're telling me that every pair is cut and dry 200$? Even if so a room of 350 total sneakers could be making money. This whole everything is about race bullsh*t is getting over done. Also I'm black so how can I be anti black?
You can buy sneakers and still get a house

Plenty of Black people are anti Black, the system of white supremacy is held up by all races including the Black people like yourself who spew this anti Black propaganda

Yeah all races by sneakers but when they say "don't buy sneakers buy a house" they are talking about Black people, you can act naive if you want to but we both know the truth

If people wanna buy sneakers instead of a house, so what? Let them live their life

But the bottom line, you can buy a pair of sneakers every week and still get a house

But everyone's goal isn't to buy a house

Let people live life how they want to live life

Nobody care about what a white man has to say, you saying that in your OP shows you seek white acceptance
+8   

4 weeks ago '18        #8
MrPersonality  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 7445 7 K  Slaps total: 1873 1 K
Never paid attention to this song. My god this sh*t is trash. Everything about it
+12   

4 weeks ago '20        #9
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 21952 21 K  Slaps total: 1443 1 K
 MrPersonality said
Never paid attention to this song. My god this sh*t is trash. Everything about it
He dropped this song when he was banging Ashanti.

4 weeks ago '11        #10
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 73385 73 K  Slaps total: 13588 13 K
stepped on my Jz was air forces 2 and that didn't work and step on another dude shows was deadly back in the day and that kinda made light of things
+1   

4 weeks ago '15        #11
ChoAssUp 
Props total: 83860 83 K  Slaps total: 4707 4 K
Damn I dont remember this one
+3   

4 weeks ago '19        #12
Number5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13559 13 K  Slaps total: 6806 6 K
 LordGimmeASign said
He dropped this song when he was banging Ashanti.
He dropped this song when you was banging me.

4 weeks ago '19        #13
Number5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13559 13 K  Slaps total: 6806 6 K
 ChoAssUp said
Damn I dont remember this one
I don't remember that song either, but it's stupid to me, especially if Nike didn't pay them for it.
+3   

4 weeks ago '15        #14
ChoAssUp 
Props total: 83860 83 K  Slaps total: 4707 4 K
 Number5 said
I don't remember that song either, but it's stupid to me, especially if Nike didn't pay them for it.
Gonna have to agree
+1   

4 weeks ago '18        #15
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 58859 58 K  Slaps total: 20126 20 K
At 31 im over Jordan's. Quality is trash colorways is trash and done had every retro 2 or 3 times over. Can think of better sh*t to do with 250
+5   

4 weeks ago '06        #16
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30500 30 K  Slaps total: 8814 8 K
that song terrible as fu*k no wonder i dont remember this sh*t
+3   

4 weeks ago '17        #17
SupremeBeing5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 19111 19 K  Slaps total: 5791 5 K
 Keepit1million said

Notice @ 1:14 the white guy on bike tells everyone that he just bought multiple houses on the block while everyone is so worried about their "Js".
It’s from Do the right thing. Dude owned the brownestone.

They’re just copying it.
+3   

4 weeks ago '19        #18
jlem 
Props total: 9228 9 K  Slaps total: 278 278
Old head perspective.

I've been into sneakers since '85. That's when they first pair of Jordan's released.

I believe the song was just paying homage to show peoples love of sneakers.

We all can remember when we got our first pair of Air Jordan's. That sh*t was like heaven. Even as an adult.

I've had up to 80 pair and I wore them all. I've recently sold off the majority of them because they were just sitting in the closet.

My style has changed as I've gotten older but my love of sneakers is still there.

I think it's only a problem if you're buying sneakers and not taking care of your responsibilities. Car note, rent, etc.

+11   

4 weeks ago '19        #19
It is I 
Props total: 832 832  Slaps total: 231 231
I see you thinking deep.

That's the point for Spike Lee joints - you gettin it.

4 weeks ago '11        #20
inthezone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 17191 17 K  Slaps total: 5674 5 K
 Mental Illness said

It’s not the price of the shoe, it’s more so the mentality
And you act like you have to save a lot to get a house
The price you pay for you shoes could prob get you into a house
Closing cost is only 5k with FHA loan on a 200k house

Last edited by inthezone; 09-25-2021 at 06:34 PM..

4 weeks ago '07        #21
JohnDoe 
Props total: 13122 13 K  Slaps total: 2037 2 K
 Mental Illness said
You can buy sneakers and still get a house

Plenty of Black people are anti Black, the system of white supremacy is held up by all races including the Black people like yourself who spew this anti Black propaganda

Yeah all races by sneakers but when they say "don't buy sneakers buy a house" they are talking about Black people, you can act naive if you want to but we both know the truth

If people wanna buy sneakers instead of a house, so what? Let them live their life

But the bottom line, you can buy a pair of sneakers every week and still get a house

But everyone's goal isn't to buy a house

Let people live life how they want to live life

Nobody care about what a white man has to say, you saying that in your OP shows you seek white acceptance
If you frame it with a white guy buying the houses and a black guy with the Js you can see how they are trying to use sterotypes but buying shoes isn't a Black Culture thing. Owing a shoe company isn't a Black Culture thing. It aint racist or anti black to say spending all your money on shoes means you can't afford other sh*t, its just ignorant and theres stupid ignorant people of all races.

I feel like just labeling everything racist if it infringes on any part of your lifestyle irregardless if its just derivative of what everyone else does is like the boy who cried wolf. When the real subtle racist sh*t goes down folks are gonna be sick of hearing from you.

4 weeks ago '21        #22
King Am I 
Props total: 5456 5 K  Slaps total: 2157 2 K
 Oswaldgatesjr said
At 31 im over Jordan's. Quality is trash colorways is trash and done had every retro 2 or 3 times over. Can think of better sh*t to do with 250
The last pair of Air Jordans I bought was in December 1999 Air Jordans 15 and I haven't looked back.

+2   

4 weeks ago '16        #23
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 50536 50 K  Slaps total: 2900 2 K
this is the second anti sneaker thread by op in the last day or two and i might be wrong but it seems like there’s an internal struggle going on about getting rid of some sneakers…….
+2   

4 weeks ago '21        #24
Dreamcast 
Props total: 7887 7 K  Slaps total: 1855 1 K
thats so jacked

good find op.. thats the same type of stuff i point out where people tell me i'm crazy smh

4 weeks ago '16        #25
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 82220 82 K  Slaps total: 9029 9 K
 MrPersonality said
Nelly in a nutshell
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+40online now  16
[Health] US Women's average waist 38.6 inches and BMI is 29.2
198 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+238online now  8
Video inside Trans Activist Behind Netflix Walkout Over Dave Chappelle's Comedy Spec..
270 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+16online now  7
Oct 24 - Media kicked off Howard campus for filming Biological Warfare
223 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+42online now  5
These new NBA rules got Harden shaky in the light