Trash Rappers Are Pushed By Record Labels For A Reason

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
35 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

3 weeks ago '11        #1
2920 page views
85 comments

squirtofkahlua  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 131679 131 K  Slaps total: 7882 7 K
Trash Rappers Are Pushed By Record Labels For A Reason

@7:10
+56   

best
worst
85 comments

3 weeks ago '11        #2
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 53063 53 K  Slaps total: 5359 5 K
waiting on the full episode to drop...

Wasn't a big Tribe fan outside of the singles and sh*t they was featured on, but they definitely legends, and Q-Tip done it all from DJ'ing to Rapping, Producing, even acting...

It already seems like he dropped a ton of jewels throughout the episode... Definitely unexpected, but will be good to see a vet impart some of his story and wisdom to the younger dudes, on a platform like that instead of the more commercially formatted and/or vulture entities!

This how the culture continues to keep its integrity...
+24   

3 weeks ago '10        #3
Walmart 
Props total: 24938 24 K  Slaps total: 2620 2 K
Facts spoken

I guess people can say "well, the "dope" Hiphop isn't selling b/c the fans aren't buying it, the labels only push artists that are hot in the streets and artists they believe have the buzz to sell records, it's not their fault".

I agree with that to an extent, it is our responsibility as fans to support the artists we feel are talented, but, at the same time, some of these industry plants the labels put out and pump $ into are wack and only talk about k*lling, drugs, and $ for the most part.
+30   

3 weeks ago '18        #4
Indeed  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5754 5 K  Slaps total: 264 264
+3   

3 weeks ago '11        #5
squirtofkahlua  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28 OP
Props total: 131679 131 K  Slaps total: 7882 7 K
 Sinamatik CFR said

Wasn't a big Tribe fan outside of the singles and sh*t they was featured on, but they definitely legends, and Q-Tip done it all from DJ'ing to Rapping, Producing, even acting...

It already seems like he dropped a ton of jewels throughout the episode... Definitely unexpected, but will be good to see a vet impart some of his story and wisdom to the younger dudes, on a platform like that instead of the more commercially formatted and/or vulture entities!

+3   

3 weeks ago '20        #6
witchdoctor 
Props total: 1547 1 K  Slaps total: 138 138
Math's show is really blowing up.
+21   

3 weeks ago '17        #7
Drewsmit 
Props total: 22079 22 K  Slaps total: 2984 2 K
But where’s the Public Enemy and Dead Prez of 2021???
+10   

3 weeks ago '11        #8
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 53063 53 K  Slaps total: 5359 5 K
here goes the latest clip from the interview...

+9   

3 weeks ago '15        #9
TalibanDread 
Props total: 46398 46 K  Slaps total: 4795 4 K
Q Tip must be protected at all costs
+18   

3 weeks ago '20        #10
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 20214 20 K  Slaps total: 1359 1 K
 Drewsmit said
The closest I think we've had to that was Joey Badass/Pro Era but Joey had changed up his sound. I'm honestly having trouble thinking of one off the top of the head.
+4   

3 weeks ago '21        #11
Strong44 
Props total: 828 828  Slaps total: 265 265
Here's my take:

1. Popular/Commercial rap has always been driven by who was more marketable or had catchier music since the late 80's. MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice outsold every rapper in the early 90's. P Diddy and Will Smith damn near almost went Diamond by the late 90's. Hell, death Row outsold Native Tongues proving that gangsta rap was more marketable than conscious/Afrocentric rap even back then. You can have skills and talent but if you can't translate that into marketability and hit records, you won't be at the forefront on mainstream hip hop. Simple as that. Doesn't mean you can't have a good career though.

2. Rap, over time, became more focused on vibes, beats, melodies, and adlibs than technical lyricism and skill. It started around the time 808's dropped but didn't become normalized until around 2016. Shorter attention spans and the popularity of hip hop as a genre compared to the 90's plays a big role in this.

3. There's still talented rappers young and old but, in a nutshell, many rap fans would generally rather have them force fed to us by major labels and streaming services instead of helping them build their careers without the heavy push.
+21   

3 weeks ago '13        #12
recreal 
Props total: 3840 3 K  Slaps total: 235 235
Hip Hop is a commodity and not a culture.

Look at what is promoted versus what is suppressed.

Who run it?

The desired archetype 25 years ago will get you canceled today. While everything that would have ended your career, are the exact things that get you the most love/attention/money/opportunities today.

Who is running the "culture" that you're running behind?
+20   

3 weeks ago '19        #13
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 28366 28 K  Slaps total: 3621 3 K
Ignorant music sells because most people don't listen to music to think.

Audio books and podcasts are very accessible now
+6   

3 weeks ago '08        #14
Skilly713 
Props total: 24957 24 K  Slaps total: 1811 1 K
I don’t care what anyone says music is impressionable and they’re making a fortune off our misery pushing genocide murder jingles over the air waves.
+16   

3 weeks ago '17        #15
FashCashVasquez  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 14351 14 K  Slaps total: 7765 7 K
Old heads sold out long before this Generation
Was in their fathers sack

Qtip and Pete rock all Those back pack
Boom bap 90a NY n*ggas need to blame
Their peers

Older generation been sold out and handed
The Genre to 60 year old white men and
Lgbt record execs
+7   

3 weeks ago '17        #16
FashCashVasquez  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 14351 14 K  Slaps total: 7765 7 K
And alot of "Hip hop" legends
Are behind scenes putting on the Mumble rappers
+10   

3 weeks ago '04        #17
octane 
Props total: 7727 7 K  Slaps total: 1445 1 K
 squirtofkahlua said
@7:10

Its obvious. When more black positive records and tv shows are out there, the lost kids were doing more positive sh*t. Kids who were raised right or had parents that ruled with an iron fist for the most part stayed on the right path.

So negative sh*t points the the kids who don't have role models, good parents, or no parental guidance in a negative way.
+6   

3 weeks ago '20        #18
LordGimmeASign 
 recreal said
Hip Hop is a commodity and not a culture.

Look at what is promoted versus what is suppressed.

Who run it?

The desired archetype 25 years ago will get you canceled today. While everything that would have ended your career, are the exact things that get you the most love/attention/money/opportunities today.

Who is running the "culture" that you're running behind?
I think it's a culture that gradually turned into a commodity more and more upon CACs capitalizing off of it.
+8   

3 weeks ago '20        #19
LordGimmeASign 
 FashCashVasquez said
And alot of "Hip hop" legends
Are behind scenes putting on the Mumble rappers
Elaborate more on this.

You are spitting facts though.

3 weeks ago '20        #20
LordGimmeASign 
 Skilly713 said
I don’t care what anyone says music is impressionable and they’re making a fortune off our misery pushing genocide murder jingles over the air waves.
I feel like before when rappers weren't living their rhymes or whatever, it was easy to say blame the parents for kids being bad and some of those rappers who received negative backlash would pretentiously hide behind facades making it seem like they had a positive message outside the booth and videos but now these rappers are trying to actually live that demonic sh*t they spit, a lot of parents are sh*tty as hell and a lot of these kids are more impressionable than ever.

Idk man, what y'all think?
+4   

3 weeks ago '16        #21
Scully  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 21246 21 K  Slaps total: 11436 11 K

n*gga look like a unreleased star wars character
+6   

3 weeks ago '15        #22
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 58673 58 K  Slaps total: 3345 3 K
 witchdoctor said
Math's show is really blowing up.
It is. It made me like son more too.

This sh*t they talking is facts though. Plans as day. I can’t even keep up with this cookie cutter whack nuccaz they keep throwing out there.

Qtip a legend. Salute to Tribe.
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #23
TheDirector217 
Props total: 1981 1 K  Slaps total: 64 64
 Drewsmit said
Run The Jewels, my bruva. 3 classics deep minimum, 4, depending on who you talk to. You'd be amazed how many hip-hop heads I encounter - online and real life - that ain't listened to naan album. And it be the same cats on some, "Ain't no real sh*t out". Not like you're gonna hear it on the radio but I doubt anyone over 25 mess with radio, anyway. A decent number of these cats remember k*ller Mike from "The Whole World" but ain't hip to El-P. That sh*t wild to me cause they're not some "underground" thing, even though the music raw as fu*k. They stay high on festival bills,late night, and playlists plus the bamma Bernie Sanders knows who Run The Jewels are.

History gonna look back on em kindly, though. Some of our fans in and of the culture just gotta catch up a bit. Already see it coming, champ...
+13   

3 weeks ago '08        #24
Dj Real Talk 
Props total: 80 80  Slaps total: 5 5
 Drewsmit said

+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #25
Veno da Don 
Props total: 23410 23 K  Slaps total: 2449 2 K
 Sinamatik CFR said

Same here, I was too young for the jazzy rap at the time. But that last joint they dropped made me go back. Amazing bro, it may be time to revisit with your grown up ears.
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  23
Video inside HALLOWEEN k*llS (2021) | US Premiere
90 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+309online now  13
Video inside My Man Can't Be a Security Guard No More After This....
181 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  10
Article inside Men Are Now More Likely to Be Single Than Women.
192 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+33online now  6
Ted Sarandos: Dave Chappelle 'Content Doesn’t Directly Translate to Real-World..
65 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy