Johnny Depp Says it's an 'Injustice' He's the Victim of 'Cancel Culture': 'No One is Safe'

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 weeks ago '18        #1
1284 page views
23 comments

br82186  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 49898 49 K  Slaps total: 3225 3 K
Johnny Depp Says it's an 'Injustice' He's the Victim of 'Cancel Culture': 'No One is Safe'

Johnny Depp thinks what happened to him amid his very public battle with Amber Heard is an "injustice." Speaking to press in Spain, the Pirates of the Caribbean star slammed cancel culture and issued a warning that "no one is safe" in our current climate.

"It's so far out of hand now that I can promise you that no one is safe. Not one of you. No one out that door," he said on Wednesday at the San Sebastian Film Festival, per Deadline.

Depp and Heard both accused each other of domestic violence following their 2016 split. However, a U.K. court essentially ruled in her favor when the actor's libel lawsuit against The Sun was dismissed, with a judge declaring it's "substantially true" Depp abused Heard. The actor has maintained his innocence.

Johnny Depp rails against cancel culture before receiving the Donostia Award at the San Sebastian Film Festival. (Photo: AFP via Getty Images)
"It can be seen as an event in history that lasted for however long it lasted, this cancel culture, this instant rush to judgment based on what essentially amounts to polluted air," he added ahead of receiving the honorary Donostia Award at the festival.

"It takes one sentence and there's no more ground, the carpet has been pulled. It's not just me that this has happened to, it's happened to a lot of people. This type of thing has happened to women, men. Children have suffered from various types of unpleasantries. Sadly at a certain point, they begin to think that it's normal. Or that it's them. When it's not," he continued.

"It doesn't matter if a judgment, per se, has taken some artistic license. No. When there's an injustice, whether it's against you or someone you love, or someone you believe in – stand up, don't sit down," he concluded. "'Cause they need you."

It wasn't until the court's ruling in Nov. 2020 that Depp's career was really impacted. He was asked to depart the Fantastic Beasts franchise and has not found much work since. Depp previously spoke about "Hollywood's boycott" of him, calling his fall from grace an "absurdity of media mathematics."

"Whatever I’ve gone through, I’ve gone through," he added to the Sunday Times. "But, ultimately, this particular arena of my life has been so absurd..."

Despite loyal Depp fans calling for Heard to be similarly boycotted, the actress will reprise her role for the Aquaman sequel alongside Jason Momoa.
+15   

best
worst
23 comments

3 weeks ago '16        #2
BobbiHeadRagTop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 87063 87 K  Slaps total: 4160 4 K
Justice for Depp that ho Amber needs that summer jam screen sh*t is all the way fu*ked up
+36   

3 weeks ago '20        #3
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 60364 60 K  Slaps total: 4553 4 K

Justice for Depp

But it will take forever
+15   

3 weeks ago '17        #4
THExTAKEOVER 
Props total: 18162 18 K  Slaps total: 1674 1 K
Bro did nothing wrong but be ina relationship with a psychotic bi*ch. Even when the news came out that he did nothing wrong, these d*ckheads still hung him out to dry.

Justice for captain jack!!!

And oh yeah…. fu*k AMBER HEARD… ya heard???
+34   

3 weeks ago '14        #5
Cuttysark 
Props total: 39278 39 K  Slaps total: 2595 2 K
I can get behind this movement
+15   

3 weeks ago '04        #6
ddash 
Props total: 52358 52 K  Slaps total: 3919 3 K
 Cuttysark said
I can get behind this movement
Yup
Damn shame Mane
+5   

3 weeks ago '04        #7
dat_boi_tj 
Props total: 4661 4 K  Slaps total: 275 275
This is so wild
+4   

3 weeks ago '20        #8
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8999 8 K  Slaps total: 1273 1 K
Yt canceling Yt you mofos a trip!

3 weeks ago '20        #9
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16377 16 K  Slaps total: 11070 11 K
#JusticeForDepp

#NoMoreWhiteWomen2021
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '07        #10
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 91194 91 K  Slaps total: 11095 11 K
i'm safe

3 weeks ago '04        #11
teegray1124 
Props total: 944 944  Slaps total: 270 270
In real honesty, I feel for him, but every movie these days has been trash, Johnnie, trust me it feels like everything made now is trash, any way secure your talents, when real creative people with better storytelling come around, trust me they will seek you.

3 weeks ago '18        #12
OzzyG 
Props total: 237 237  Slaps total: 8 8
I can’t help thinking that this could also be related to him pissing off the lapd. City of lies was pretty damning and during all of the Amber Heard hearing the film got released without a peep.
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #13
Duntaz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 48463 48 K  Slaps total: 3009 3 K
They need to leave my n*gga alone. He's a domestic violence victim. Where was cancel culture when he was gettin his a*s beat.
+7   

3 weeks ago '04        #14
1000bluntz 
Props total: 34984 34 K  Slaps total: 8154 8 K
Johnny Depp got fu*ked bad, that slore Amber should never work again and deserves nothing more than to be used as a cumbucket by all.
+5   

3 weeks ago '04        #15
doczdaname 
Props total: 14216 14 K  Slaps total: 2223 2 K
I had no knowledge of this. I just seen him in a Dior cologne commercial last night...

He will be back.

3 weeks ago '12        #16
NYCBravado 
Props total: 3582 3 K  Slaps total: 474 474
You’d think he would be defended more. Where is the defense? Why haven’t there been any single legitimate stories made about what happened and it get traction?

I’d understand if this was a nobody, but this is Johnny Depp. A legend. Someone who’s made billions of dollars in the box office. It’s crazy.

All to defend a woman who doesn’t need defending.
+8   

3 weeks ago '16        #17
Scully  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 21278 21 K  Slaps total: 11438 11 K
n*gga literally used to be the gatekeeper of "cool" in hollywood with the Viper room. But his generation is washed now, so he's disposable

It be like that

3 weeks ago '19        #18
Dr Imhrat Khan 
Props total: 4158 4 K  Slaps total: 644 644
 ddash said
Yup
Damn shame Mane

+3   

3 weeks ago '16        #19
PeeKwod  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9609 9 K  Slaps total: 350 350
Double standards is regular sh*t

3 weeks ago '05        #20
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 20639 20 K  Slaps total: 1884 1 K
 OzzyG said
I can’t help thinking that this could also be related to him pissing off the lapd. City of lies was pretty damning and during all of the Amber Heard hearing the film got released without a peep.
Damn I either forgot or somehow completely missed this movie coming out.
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '05        #21
bqstudios 
Props total: 19059 19 K  Slaps total: 3031 3 K
My Niga Johnny lookn crazy.
+1   

3 weeks ago '13        #22
SimpinAintEz 
Props total: 47414 47 K  Slaps total: 9901 9 K
 NYCBravado said
You’d think he would be defended more. Where is the defense? Why haven’t there been any single legitimate stories made about what happened and it get traction?

I’d understand if this was a nobody, but this is Johnny Depp. A legend. Someone who’s made billions of dollars in the box office. It’s crazy.

All to defend a woman who doesn’t need defending.
Women don’t get cancelled for domestic violence. They’ll label it as female “empowerment”.
+4   

3 weeks ago '04        #23
Duntaz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 48463 48 K  Slaps total: 3009 3 K
 Dr Imhrat Khan said

3 weeks ago '04        #24
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 37681 37 K  Slaps total: 2838 2 K
 OzzyG said
I actually enjoyed the movie wasn't what I expected, I was presently surprised
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+125online now  29
These Historical figures brought so much joy to the black community
328 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  20
Video inside Lmao….26 y/o still living at home trying to manifest a million dollar h..
280 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+202online now  19
Image(s) inside Finished my C8 Corvette Build
83 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+66online now  9
Patrick Mahomes zesty brother dances on Sean Taylor memorial logo🚨..
133 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy