Cavs "very interested" in Ben Simmons

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
122 replies  @guap

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

4 weeks ago '20        #1
1122 page views
36 comments

GingerBreadMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17
Props total: 17678 17 K  Slaps total: 9227 9 K
Cavs "very interested" in Ben Simmons

s*xton?
+3   

best
worst
36 comments

4 weeks ago '04        #2
Kadroan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 38519 38 K  Slaps total: 5191 5 K
 GingerBreadMan said

s*xton?
I haven't heard much of Garland but I read of good things of Okoro and s*xton.
+1   

4 weeks ago '20        #3
GingerBreadMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x17 OP
Props total: 17678 17 K  Slaps total: 9227 9 K
 Kadroan said
s*xton is good. He'd be nasty with Embiid
+6   

4 weeks ago '09        #4
dadon85 
Props total: 48339 48 K  Slaps total: 4903 4 K
Love, s*xton, picks, ...
+2   

4 weeks ago '05        #5
POSITIVITY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 100930 100 K  Slaps total: 60714 60 K
Cavs actually becoming interesting Bc of their versatile bigs…
+2   

4 weeks ago '16        #6
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 70023 70 K  Slaps total: 8412 8 K
This will be the day I'll be looking for a new NBA team if we get this fool
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #7
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35126 35 K  Slaps total: 4944 4 K
Can’t see Simmons wanting to go there or Rich Paul allowing that either.

4 weeks ago '07        #8
monstara33 
Props total: 680 680  Slaps total: 40 40
 bigkilla said
Cant see Simmons wanting to go there or Rich Paul allowing that either.
Does he have a player option? I thought thats the only way the player or agent gets a say so.

4 weeks ago '05        #9
carden2 
Props total: 6521 6 K  Slaps total: 1159 1 K
That'd be hilarious. Ben didn't want to work on the jumper and he had a championship team so they sending him to exile in Cleveland

4 weeks ago '10        #10
Big Louie Guwop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 46964 46 K  Slaps total: 6552 6 K
 Kadroan said
He’s a stud, was apart of the US Olympic select team and even played with the actual gold medal team for a couple games when they got hit with covid. Coach pop loves him. Draymond green and Steph curry too. He got a few most improved player votes last year. He’s a stud, and already the leader of this team.

Curry isn't the only member of the Warriors roster to have praised Garland. Earlier this year, Golden State forward Draymond Green listed the Vanderbilt product among the hardest players to guard -- high praise from a former Defensive Player of the Year and four-time first-team All-Defensive Selection.

“Darius Garland actually,” Green said last May during an appearance on 95.7 The Game when asked about the toughest players to guard. “And I know that’s probably an unpopular opinion. That kid is so fast, so herky-jerky and he can shoot the ball. When he really figures out how good he truly is.

“I hate getting switched onto him. It’s rough getting switched onto Darius Garland.”

+3   

4 weeks ago '10        #11
 bigkilla said
We dont want em
Send em to sac town

4 weeks ago '05        #12
Sickstrumentals 
Props total: 6738 6 K  Slaps total: 1327 1 K
 bigkilla said
you really believe they have a say in the matter? Simmons & Paul have leverage?

anthony davis forcing his way to LA, is leverage.

LeHarold Miner is soon outta here.

4 weeks ago '04        #13
 Big Louie Guwop said
Hes a stud, was apart of the US Olympic select team and even played with the actual gold medal team for a couple games when they got hit with covid. Coach pop loves him. Draymond green and Steph curry too. He got a few most improved player votes last year. Hes a stud, and already the leader of this team.

Curry isn't the only member of the Warriors roster to have praised Garland. Earlier this year, Golden State forward Draymond Green listed the Vanderbilt product among the hardest players to guard -- high praise from a former Defensive Player of the Year and four-time first-team All-Defensive Selection.

Darius Garland actually, Green said last May during an appearance on 95.7 The Game when asked about the toughest players to guard. And I know thats probably an unpopular opinion. That kid is so fast, so herky-jerky and he can shoot the ball. When he really figures out how good he truly is.

I hate getting switched onto him. Its rough getting switched onto Darius Garland.

Oh wow. What's wrong with the Cavs then? Coaching? Lack of quality vets around the young core?

4 weeks ago '18        #14
baddie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 50367 50 K  Slaps total: 20143 20 K
Lmaooo they bout to send his a*s to Cleveland

4 weeks ago '04        #15
 GingerBreadMan said
s*xton is good. He'd be nasty with Embiid
Yeah, I read a couple of weeks ago they didn't want to pay him. I'm like he's a good young player and he plays in CLE. Gotta pay him

4 weeks ago '04        #16
 Sickstrumentals said
you really believe they have a say in the matter? Simmons & Paul have leverage?

anthony davis forcing his way to LA, is leverage.

LeHarold Miner is soon outta here.

Simmons could refuse to report to CLE. Dude rich enough to call CLE on their bluff. Would have to gut their roster to afford Simmons' contract.

Unless CLE wants to tank again, i don't think it's a good idea to bring him in

4 weeks ago '10        #17
 Kadroan said
Oh wow. What's wrong with the Cavs then? Coaching? Lack of quality vets around the young core?
Well I mean they completely rebuilt the team, so no one here is really expecting much out of them or have expected much out of them the past couple years. Its a true rebuild process. Now if we regress this year then I think theres cause for concern but overall I think Altman is doing his best to build a solid core for the future, with the circumstances that post lebron leaves an organization. Not too sure about jb bickerstaff but I do give him credit in the fact that he gets his guys to rally behind him and buy into what hes selling.

Quality vets I think is a big reason its been ugly too. I mean you go back all the way to s*xtons rookie year and guys like JR Smith, Kevin Love & Channing Frye were openly opposed to the rebuild process and took it out on Colin most the times. Even coming out and saying he doesnt know how to play basketball. Which was true at the time, he really just knew how to score but we didnt have the right vets in place to try to work with him. Bunch of guys fresh off 4 straight finals appearances and felt they could still compete without lebron
Also hiring John belein set us back. No one respected him at all. He literally didnt even make it to the all star break. And our leader at the time, Kevin Love, was the main person embarrassing us on live TV during that whole sh*tshow. I personally think Kevin love is a fu*kin cancer that needs to man the fu*k up or retire. Either way, the majority of Cavs fans want him gone. Hes done nothing but bi*ch and moan and steal money since lebron left. A lot of fans are salty because he clearly doesnt want to be here but he himself choose to sign the extension and then as done nothing but pout and sit ever since.

All in all, I think were headed in the right direction. Hopefully we dont trade for Simmons because I feel like were going to get finessed for a guy who probably doesnt even want to be in cleveland. Resign s*xton and keep building organically.

4 weeks ago '04        #18
nwo504 
Props total: 15242 15 K  Slaps total: 2401 2 K
Orlando seems like a cool spot for Simmons

4 weeks ago '21        #19
Linas Kleiza 
Props total: 5730 5 K  Slaps total: 2983 2 K
 Kadroan said
Yeah, I read a couple of weeks ago they didn't want to pay him. I'm like he's a good young player and he plays in CLE. Gotta pay him
Another reason why it sucks to be a small market team in the NBA. s*xton is 22 years old and just averaged 24 points a game but they are terrified of giving him an extension.
+2   

4 weeks ago '05        #20
Sickstrumentals 
Props total: 6738 6 K  Slaps total: 1327 1 K
 Kadroan said
Simmons could refuse to report to CLE. Dude rich enough to call CLE on their bluff. Would have to gut their roster to afford Simmons' contract.

yeah its risky. gut the team for a guy that may never play, but he did say hell play anywhere but philadelphia.

sources.
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #21
 nwo504 said
Orlando seems like a cool spot for Simmons
I know they were following the MIL blueprint getting guys (drafting guys with long wingspans).

I'm not sure what they're doing now with the latest moves (AG, Vucevic trades)

4 weeks ago '10        #22
TheGift 
Props total: 16869 16 K  Slaps total: 848 848
s*xton & Embiid? that’s a upgrade on offense for sure. s*xton is a dog. Will give you effort on defense also. Not Ben Simmons, but he’s scrappy. Damn Ben. Leaving a contender to fall into the abyss damn! For his sake, I hope he don’t get sent there.
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #23
jordanair45 
Props total: 7356 7 K  Slaps total: 1600 1 K
Imagine him going to the Cavs.

Then no other teams wanting to sign him after.

4 weeks ago '14        #24
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 208148 208 K  Slaps total: 25246 25 K
Great Value Lebron to the Cavs is funny

4 weeks ago '05        #25
StateProperty88 
Props total: 23533 23 K  Slaps total: 2561 2 K
 Kadroan said

bruh i think the league would get involved at that point if ben says he refuses to report to cle. dude has 4 years left on his contract.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+137online now  19
These Historical figures brought so much joy to the black community
336 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+44online now  14
Image(s) inside For the BMF watchers on BX , Apparently "Lamar" Is based on OG Layton ..
56 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+24online now  12
Video inside J Prince sends out another threat, I mean message again....
125 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+22online now  6
Image(s) inside Oct 15 - "Mixing" Covid-19 Vaccines Raises Antibodies, Study Finds
62 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy